FE4 Ranked LTC Completed! 154 Turns

Valkama

Edit: And the run is completed. 7 Turns faster than the old Nico playthrough. If you want to see the whole playlist here is a link:

Spoiler

Original OP:

Spoiler

I'm far enough along in routing that I think I'll start posting this here.

The goal of this run is to aim for the lowest turn count possible while achieving a perfect A rank. This means I need to level 1000 times, recruit every character and keep them alive by the end of the game along with not suffering more than 3 losses along the way. I also have to do it in under 400 turns but that shouldn't even remotely be an issue.

My pairings are:

Claud/Adean

Lex/Ayra

Lewyn/Erin

Midir/Brigid

Prologue: 

Chapter 1:

Edited by Valkama

This run looks excellent, i'm gonna watch more, I just finished prologue, but I have to work soon so I'll have to watch ch 1 later. 

1000 level ups sounds intimidating, but FE4 is fairly generous in how much exp you can get for everyone haha.

Excellent job on the Prologue! I wish I could rig the RNG like you did though...
Looking forward to the rest! :D

I lost my shit at Finn destroying in C1 with a fucking Javelin. What a boss.

edit: lol the entire arena sequence in C1 is so hilarious too.

Edited by Irysa

Wow. Cuan and Fin had the weapon triangle working against them and they just owned this map.

This is great. I wonder what other pairings you've concocted.

Hmm. Azel/Lachesis is a lot harder to pull off than I thought it was going to be. Just Seized Anphony and they are only at 116 love points. It's still possible but it seems like it might be too difficult for too little of a reward, I think I'll just end up leaving Lachesis unpaired. Janne will have a bit more trouble in the Arena compared to Nanna but it shouldn't be too bad.

You could abuse jealousy but you'd need to never reset to be able to do it.

Also I'm curious, what made you decide to do those specific pairings?  Why not do Levin/Fury if you're not pairing either of them?  Also how did you plan EXP distribution early on?  It looks like you fed Fin a lot, does he need it for later on or is it just because it saves turns and you can still get the levels on everyone else regardless?

Claud/Adean is for passing down the Rescue staff which saves several turns.

Lex/Ayra is to give Elite to Ayra's kids since they almost entirely useless on the field.

Azel/Lachesis is more or less because it was their best possible option, passes pursuit and allows the kids to have an easier time in the arena. I can't feasibly do Dew or Beo. Azel can mostly keep up with Lachesis early on and then promotes to having the same movement as her. Lex was my other option but I think I need him for Ayra's kids.

Erin/Lewyn I would like to do but I don't believe I have time for, the conversation happens when Erin needs to be moving towards the boss of chapter 4 and Lewyn can't be over there at the time. Midir/Brigid was another pairing I was considering but I simply don't have time for it considering Midir can only Jealousy with Sylvia and Tailto. Sylvia is not getting paired because I want the berserk staff. Tailto is unpairable except with Claud who is already taken.

The Exp was mostly given to Finn because I needed him to build kills on the Javelin and no one else could feasibly do it as well as he could. I have a plan for a 50+ kill Javelin to be used later to possible save a turn. I also need him promoted before he leaves. Alec, Noish, and Midir got enough exp from stragglers that they should be fine.

Edit: Hmm actually it might be better to do Holyn/Ayra and Lex/Lachesis. Running the numbers, without any inheritence at all Larcei and Ulster can both clear the first two arenas and then buy the Elite ring for the last 3 and wind up at around level 26-27. I think I can account for these 6-8 levels lost since I wasn't planning to cap Nanna. Elite would be really nice on Nanna as well.

Edited by Valkama

On 3/30/2017 at 10:36 AM, Valkama said:

Erin/Lewyn I would like to do but I don't believe I have time for, the conversation happens when Erin needs to be moving towards the boss of chapter 4 and Lewyn can't be over there at the time. Midir/Brigid was another pairing I was considering but I simply don't have time for it considering Midir can only Jealousy with Sylvia and Tailto. Sylvia is not getting paired because I want the berserk staff. Tailto is unpairable except with Claud who is already taken.

I think you don't save any turn by missing this pairing.

You still have to spend several turns watching the slaughter of Silesia Army.

Yeah, I don't think Fury actually saves turns anywhere in Ch.4 even though she can reach the last castle faster than anybody else. Between Azel, Lachesis, Midir and the Chalphy Knights you should have enough units ready to pave a way for Sigurd to reach the castle within the minimum amount of turns.

Lachesis is pairable with Lex. She's second on his Jealousy list.

No one can keep up with Sigurd to the last castle of chapter 4, he's running on 3 more move than everyone. Erin is the only way to deal with the boss to my knowledge. The conversation doesn't appear until after the plot barrier is gone unless someone can confirm it appears earlier I can't pair them.

Regarding Midir/Brigid. I don't believe there is enough time to get them paired if I go for the 13 turn of chapter 5. Or do pairings still go through if the love points would break 500 after chapter 5 is cleared?

Edit: Actually it appears that Midir and Brigid gain love points on the turn Brigid spawns that I forgot to account for. That does actually mean the pairing is possible. I think I'll do that then.

Edit 2: I might be able to squeeze the conversation in with return ring shenanigans. I'll do testing when I get closer to chapter 4.

Edited by Valkama

8 hours ago, Valkama said:

No one can keep up with Sigurd to the last castle of chapter 4, he's running on 3 more move than everyone. Erin is the only way to deal with the boss to my knowledge. The conversation doesn't appear until after the plot barrier is gone unless someone can confirm it appears earlier I can't pair them.

After Mahnya killed/Silesia turns red.

8 hours ago, Valkama said:

Edit: Actually it appears that Midir and Brigid gain love points on the turn Brigid spawns that I forgot to account for. That does actually mean the pairing is possible. I think I'll do that then.

Did you trigger their convo in chapter 3? It gives 100 points.

3 hours ago, hanhnn said:

Did you trigger their convo in chapter 3? It gives 100 points.

Yes. 100 base + 100 convo + 34x3 turns of love = 302 meaning they need to stand next to each other for 40 turns or add jealousy. Chapter 3 they get 1 turn. Chapter 4 they get 18 turns. Chapter 5 they get 12 turns so they need 9 turns of Jealousy. Sylvia can return to Midir on turn 10 of chapter 4 so they can abuse Jealousy meaning they will get 9 turns of Jealousy which perfectly gets them paired.

Nice job on the run so far! It's been pretty enjoyable to watch, and I like the new strategies compared to the original version.

Regarding missing the pre-chapter arena stuff for Chapter 1, I do think you should record it at some point, if only for completion's sake. You could always just add it as an extra video in your playlist and not recrecord the entire chapter.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, lang_tu_syd said:

Hi Valkama, I see that you did some RNG abuses to get your favored outcomes, did you have to use some kind of special software?

I found out how RNG was calculated and wrote a C++ program to predict future Random Numbers. Then the program would plug those numbers into another program that I wrote which functioned more as an Arena simulator of sorts and had it spit back how many Random Numbers I would have to burn in order to get an Arena clear I wanted. Essentially the program just does the trial and error for me. I haven't been able to use it outside of the Arena though because enemy AI is weird.

Edited by Valkama

• 2 months later...

I finally got back to working on this again.Chapter 2 To Anphony:

Spoiler

Some Notes:

Spoiler

I gave up on pairing Lachesis. Lewyn and Erin are currently planned to be paired though it's going to be really tight since I can't get their conversation but with some Jealousy exploitation I think I can pull it off. Some units have some pretty silly high stats though it's mostly to help them clear the difficult arenas, even then though Alec still needs some more map levels to have a chance against Level 7 and Arden would take 2 hours to of fastforward RNG burning to clear his last Arena so that isn't happening happening. Dew clearing Arena 5 is actually impossible without a crit weapon the game never rolls a seed that lets him clear it even though it's technically possible.

Speaking of these Arenas I lost most of my arena footage at some point but I still have to footage for Arden, Azel, Deirdre, and Dew. If anyone is interested I can upload it though it's mostly RN burning.

The EXP benchmarks I need to hit this chapter are Ethlyn, Finn, Lachesis need to hit level 15.40 and Aideen needs to hit 14.60. Finn has already done this by the end of the video by several levels. Ethlyn will reach the point after her Arena with the Elite ring. Lachesis will be difficult but that is for next time. Aideen just needs 12 warps + 1 mend and in the video so far she's done 9 + 1 mend.

Finn vs Waltz's crew can be done with the Brave Lance instead of the Javelin if Finn doesn't reach the 19 speed benchmark. The Brave Lance breaks right before Beo attacks so he doesn't die. I used the Javelins because it's nearly at Crit. (41 kills at the end of the video.)

Anyone can kill the boss of Anphony but I opt'd to use Midir because I wanted him to snag the shield ring for later in the map. Does require some RNG abuse for a crit but I won't have to rig dodges later so it's all good.

Lewyn and Sylvia doesn't have to save any of the villages since I seized the castle so fast but it's nice to get them some experience.

Next part should be up within a week unless something comes up.

Edited by Valkama

woot woot so glad to see this series come back.

It's a shame that you gave up on Azel and Lachesis, since my Diarmuid turned out surprisingly well. His strength isn't spectacular but the Silver Blade more than enough makes up for it. And the flame blade is also nice. It's also nice having a Nanna that can heal worth a damn.

Have any of your other pairings changed. I know you're planning someone certain for Erinys, but what about Sylvia? Is she still alone? Oh well Berserk staff.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

woot woot so glad to see this series come back.

It's a shame that you gave up on Azel and Lachesis, since my Diarmuid turned out surprisingly well. His strength isn't spectacular but the Silver Blade more than enough makes up for it. And the flame blade is also nice. It's also nice having a Nanna that can heal worth a damn.

Have any of your other pairings changed. I know you're planning someone certain for Erinys, but what about Sylvia? Is she still alone? Oh well Berserk staff.

Sylvia will be left unpaired, I suppose she could pair with Alec but Alec doesn't really offer anything beneficial to you since Sharlow has Elite which means more levels and the Berserk staff will really help with reliability. I edited the OP to include the pairings I'm doing. I'm pretty set on that being the final list of pairings.

19 hours ago, Valkama said:

Sylvia will be left unpaired, I suppose she could pair with Alec but Alec doesn't really offer anything beneficial to you since Sharlow has Elite which means more levels and the Berserk staff will really help with reliability. I edited the OP to include the pairings I'm doing. I'm pretty set on that being the final list of pairings.

As much as I love how entertaining Alec x Sylvia are, I don't blame you. Corpul is always outclassed by Charlot except if Claude or Lewyn is his dad, but they're taken. Sylvia has a few other partners that can make Lene really good (Lex, Arden, Holyn, Dew), but Charlot > Corpul. Berserk staff is worth more than a Combat Lene.

Took a bit longer than I thought but here we go:

Spoiler

Some Notes:

Spoiler

Lachesis has to hit level 15.40 by the end of this chapter. To do this I'm going to need to give her the entire Arena under the elite ring as well as spaming staves. Heal and Mend don't really give enough to be worthwhile but Return does, the problem is I need Return to actually save turns in this map meaning Lachesis and her suicidal Paladins need to be in the heat of combat. To get Lachesis through the Arena reliably I'm sorta looking for Level ups that don't contain HP and Def. This way she can abuse the prayer in the miracle sword against the tougher arena fights.

Ethlyn also wants to promote(It's not really a need but it will really help.) To do this she needs to sell off her light sword and clear the Arena. This kinda makes her useless for the rest of the chapter but it will be worth it for chapter 3. Atleast she can heal Midir keeping him alive. She ended up getting some unintentional great level ups in the arena. I only need her to hit 13 strength but she went whole hog and capped her strength which I won't complain about.

The Cav Boys need to ensure there is a hole for Sigurd and Quan to get through. This isn't too hard for them but since I'm pairing Lex and Ayra she's a bit of a liability, she does keep the Ballista of them atleast.

Deidre buys the warp staff from Adean as well as the Return ring Quan picked up earlier and goes to rescue Lewyn and Sylvia. Lewyn is needed by the castle to recruit Erinyes and Sylvia needs to dance Sigurd to save a turn. She can take the money hit since she's going to cap her gold next chapter which Sigurd will love I'm sure.

Sigurd picked up the Brave Lance for the boss. He picked up the Javelin and speed ring to build some more kills on the Javelin since he's too slow to double without it. The speed ring is also handy for chapter 3 so we'll leave it on him. Finn doesn't need it anymore.

Not sure when I'll get chapter 3 done but it shouldn't take nearly as long as chapter 2 did.

Edited by Valkama

Wooh that didn't take too long: 

Spoiler

Edit: this is a different video than the original, only difference is Finn ends with 19 def instead of 21 def.

It's a little sad losing Quan, Ethlyn, and Finn as they were some of my best units but such is life.

Edited by Valkama

It's a pleasure to watch. I guess it took a lot of planning for you to have these precise moves to get the LTC possible. 

Have you ever thought about putting in commentary to explain your moves? It would be great to understand your thoughts and reasoning behind it.