Sacred Stones Pick My Edits - Saber Style

Hey there. New to this forum, but not the Fire Emblem community. I have been lurking in the shadows and now I am back to enjoy the lovely land of rom hacking. But, I am taking a break from learning the ropes to indulge myself in a nice PME run. Here are the rules:

NOTHING from the PME of more well known FE community members/Youtubers. (IE: Lords always being dancers from Mangs or anything Amelia-is-bad Meme that also is a Mangs thing. Not that I am some whiny Amelia fanboy. I want to use every character at least twice in the run, and I want it to pertain to me. Not riding on the coat tails of someone more well known. That would be a huge disservice to Mangs and how awesome he is.)

I would like to have promotions be a singular branch. I feel it would be more challenging and also ... the multi promotion shit was always useless in FE 8 due to how one class was always overshadowed by a better class.

As an avid lover of the Halberdier class in FE 9&10 I would love to have at least one soldier.

Maaaaaagic is liiiiife. (Jesus that was cringey)

Previous characters from other FE games or Characters from future games are allowed.

I will allow one original character in the game as long as it isn't to ... Mary-Sue-like.

Have at it, boys!

Edited by SandstormSaber

Is it GBA?  If it is, then great!  Also, I'm keeping this ambiguous of the character because you haven't specified a game.

The 2nd bow user you get (if you use FEditor to make name changes among others  you can) has C-Rank in Bows, Starts with a Killer bow, and has the following bases and growths:

HP - 27 at 40%

Strength/Magic - 11 at 50%

Skill -  15 at 65%

Speed - 14 at 45%

Luck - 7 at 20%

Defense - 8 at 70%

Resistance - 4 at 15%

1 minute ago, Lord Tullus said:

Is it GBA?  If it is, then great!  Also, I'm keeping this ambiguous of the character because you haven't specified a game.

The 2nd bow user you get (if you use FEditor to make name changes among others  you can) has C-Rank in Bows, Starts with a Killer bow, and has the following bases and growths:

HP - 27 at 40%

Strength/Magic - 11 at 50%

Skill -  15 at 65%

Speed - 14 at 45%

Luck - 7 at 20%

Defense - 8 at 70%

Resistance - 4 at 15%

That would be Innes. This is for The Sacred Stones

5 minutes ago, SandstormSaber said:

That would be Innes. This is for The Sacred Stones

Well, instead of Making that Innes, Make Marisa be this archer, with these growths and bases.  I originally planned for someone like this to be a hack character who joins as a level 10 unit, but seeing as almost every archer starts with shit bases, this would be a nice breather, and gives incentive to train marisa in the first place.   Oh, and with 7 con.

It's a lot to ask, but I hope you consider it, nonetheless.

Edited by Lord Tullus

Have Eirika and Ephraim swap places.

Eirika becomes an Ephraim Lord with Ephraim's name, growths, starting inventory, starting level, bases (but cut his HP by 3, his strength and skill by 2, and everything else by 1 to account for how Ephraim starts at a higher level), and portrait, if possible.

Ephraim becomes an Eirika Lord with Eirika's name, growths, starting inventory, starting level, bases (but add 3 to her HP, 2 to her strength, skill, and speed, and 1 to everything else to account for how Eirika starts at a lower level than Ephraim), and portrait, if possible.

Should be interesting to see how they operate in the other's route.

Edited by 3+2=Pie

How much can you hack the game? I for example would know how to use Nightmare to change basic stuff, but there is no way I could replace portraits or make like... steel swords 1-2 range. In any case, will you increase enemy growths?

- Seth has Gunther's weapon ranks (if possible... I can't remember what weapons FE8 paladins use) and personal growth rates but double the bases (or maybe 1.5x, otherwise he might be too broken) EDIT: never mind, just make him a Great Knight

- Ross has FE!6 Reverse Recruitment Karel's bases and growths

- Hand Axes target Resistance and have 8 Wgt 5 Mgt 70% Hit

- Knights have 6 Mov, Generals have 8 Mov and Great Knights can fly

- Knoll starts as a Necromancer with half of Julius' bases and a 150% Lck Growth; Necromancer now has a crit bonus

- Gilliam starts as a Soldier with Nephenee's bases and growths

- All Holy Weapons have 50 uses and the stats and bonuses of FE10!SS Weapons

I might come up with more later on, what do you think of these?

Edited by Koumal8

- Lute is a Wyvern Rider that starts with C lances and the same bases.  Her Defense and Resistance growths are reversed, her base Con is increased to 8, and her HP growth is increased from 45% to 55%.  She retains C Anima. 

- Joshua gets a personal Killing Edge with 77 crit but only 7 uses.

- Amelia gets Pegasus Knight and Wyvern Rider as her promotion options.

- Garcia has +10% to all growths and 1 more Con at base and joins with a Steel Axe instead of an Iron Axe.  He also instantly gets C Swords upon promotion to Hero and C Bows upon promotion to Warrior.

- Syrene is now a Gorgon, with 27 Health, 17 Magic, 13 Skill, 17 Speed, 10 Luck, 11 Defense, 15 Resistance 14 Con, and B Dark Magic at base.  She comes equipped with a  personal Stone, Shadowshot, and a Demon Surge (Stone has to be personal or anybody can use it to learn Dark Magic)

- Knoll's Defense growth is now 85%.

Edit:

- Neimi is now a prepromoted Hero.  She also joins at level 1 with A-rank Axes and Swords, 26 HP, 16 Strength, 12 Skill, 14 Speed, 13 Luck, 11 Defense, and 7 Resistance.  When she joins, she is equipped with a Silver Axe, a Steel Sword, and a Hand Axe.  Her growth rates are changed to 75/40/50/55/50/35/20.

- Ewan joins as a Super Trainee with B rank in every Magic.  His bases should reflect him leveling up 10 times.  He also has Summon and 15 Con.

- Riev, the Ch. 19 boss is now equipped with Ivaldi (He still drops his Aura tome.)

- Nidhogg now has 2-3 Range and grants +5 Skill instead of +5 Luck.

- Gleipnir now has 13 Weight and is effective against monsters.

- Garm now has 18 Weight but also has the Nosferatu heal.

- Vidofnir now only has 5 Might, but ignores enemy defenses.

- Audhulma now gives +5 Speed instead of +5 Resistance.  It's Weight is also decreased to 7.

- Excalibur now gives +5 Resistance instead of +5 Speed.  It is now effective against airborne enemies, in addition to monsters.

- Ivaldi now has 20 Might and gives +5 Magic instead of +5 Defense.

- Siegmund and Sieglinde now give +3 to all stats, instead of +5 Strength.

- Flux weapon experience increased to 3.

- Lightning weapon experience increased to 2.

- Thunder weapon experience increased to 2.

Edited by 420Templar

On 3/31/2017 at 0:48 PM, 3+2=Pie said:

Have Eirika and Ephraim swap places.

Eirika becomes an Ephraim Lord with Ephraim's name, growths, starting inventory, starting level, bases (but cut his HP by 3, his strength and skill by 2, and everything else by 1 to account for how Ephraim starts at a higher level), and portrait, if possible.

Ephraim becomes an Eirika Lord with Eirika's name, growths, starting inventory, starting level, bases (but add 3 to her HP, 2 to her strength, skill, and speed, and 1 to everything else to account for how Eirika starts at a lower level than Ephraim), and portrait, if possible.

Should be interesting to see how they operate in the other's route.

Will consider this edit. Might even just make a brand new female Ephraim and Male Erika Sprite for this purpose. May also consider giving them both Alm and Celica's growths. 

On 3/31/2017 at 1:19 PM, Koumal8 said:

How much can you hack the game? I for example would know how to use Nightmare to change basic stuff, but there is no way I could replace portraits or make like... steel swords 1-2 range. In any case, will you increase enemy growths?

- Seth has Gunther's weapon ranks (if possible... I can't remember what weapons FE8 paladins use) and personal growth rates but double the bases (or maybe 1.5x, otherwise he might be too broken) EDIT: never mind, just make him a Great Knight

- Knoll starts as a Necromancer with half of Julius' bases and a 150% Lck Growth; Necromancer now has a crit bonus

Probably going to do the Ross one and even make him a Myrmid with his own stats, portrait, and everything. 

On 3/28/2017 at 1:30 AM, Lord Tullus said:

Well, instead of Making that Innes, Make Marisa be this archer, with these growths and bases.  I originally planned for someone like this to be a hack character who joins as a level 10 unit, but seeing as almost every archer starts with shit bases, this would be a nice breather, and gives incentive to train marisa in the first place.   Oh, and with 7 con.

It's a lot to ask, but I hope you consider it, nonetheless.

Will do the Marisa Change and make her Noire from Awakening. 

39 minutes ago, SandstormSaber said:

Update on PME: Adding my own personal thing by changing the Druid Sprite into the Generic Necromancer Class and Making the Summoner a Personal Class. Thoughts? 

Sounds cool.  Also, thanks for accepting th emarisa change.  Personally, I don't like Noire, but you do you, pal.  She's nothing like Black Heart

Artur is now named Arthur, he has Fates Arthur's growths and bases and is a fighter. Fighters can now promote into Berserkers instead of Warriors.

He joins with an Iron Axe and a Hand Axe.

A few edits you can do.

- Turn Franz's hair to ginger. Replace Franz's name with "Ginger". Replace his character description with, "He can steal your soul." If you can, make him have freckles.

- Make Moulder a Level 1 Soldier. Replace his base stats with Amelia's base stats and double his growth rates.

- Make Amelia a Level 3 Cleric. Replace her base stats with Moulder's base stats and change her growth rates to 60/55/40/45/30/20/35.

- Make Tethys have the ability to wield Bows. Change her growth rates to 75/35/55/60/40/30/55.

- Turn Marisa's hair pink. Replace Marisa's name with "Felicia". Replace her character description with, "We've got trouble!" Increase her Skill Luck and Resistance growth rates to 60%.

I'd really appreciate it if you pick any one of these :)

PS: Are you going to post your play through of the PME?

- Make Knoll have Nergal's name, portrait and description. If you can, make him the "Dark Druid" class and give it the ability to summon phantoms. If not, the Summoner class suffices. ALSO, I don't know how experienced in ROM Hacking you are, but if you could make so Nergal can summon morphs instead of phantoms, that would be awesome! (Sonia, Ephidel, Limstella, etc...)

- Make Aias a level 7 General called "Saai", with 50 HP, 21 Strength, 18 Skill, 13 Speed, 10 Luck, 23 Defense, 11 Resistance and 16 constitution. B rank in Swords, A rank in Axes and Lances. Give him a Tomahawk, a Silver Lance, an Elixir and a droppable Knight's Crest. If you get this reference you're AWESOME.

- Make Zonta a level 10 Knight called "Nozat", with 39 HP, 16 Strength, 11 Skill, 6 Speed, 5 Luck, 17 Defense, 8 Resistance and 15 constitution. C rank in all four types of weaponry. Give him a Zanbato, a Steel Axe and a Killer Bow (I know Knights don't have a Bow, Axe or Sword animation in this game, so you'll have to disable his animations) Again, props if you get this reference. And now I'll stop referencing this game.

- Make Beran a level 10 General called "Bran", with 50 HP, 20 Strength, 19 Skill, 12 Speed, 12 Luck, 21 Defense, 14 Resistance and 15 constitution. C rank in Swords, A rank in Lances and Axes. Give him a Silver Axe and a Spear. Yeah, this boss is pretty tough for chapter 10 of Ephraim's route, but he's optional, so if you can't beat him, just don't engage him. (Edit: Make him drop a White Gem so beating him is a high risk high reward task!) Also yay, more references! I suck...

I'll think more maybe :P

Edited by CrystalPoke

- Make Lyon's hair red and make him a Sage. Change Naglfar to Valflame (including the +10 to MAG, DEF, and RES that entails, but you can nerf it to +5 if that seems like it might be too difficult to beat), and give it the Forblaze animation. Also, give him a Meteor tome when you fight him in Final (or Purge if you can't do that, since Sages can use light magic). Also, boost his CON up a few points, the kid really needs it.

- Add +25 to monster class' HP, ATK, and RES growth rates.

- Make Sieglinde the Binding Blade, with its +5 to DEF and RES and 1-2 Range. It is now effective against Dragons, but not monsters. 

- Valter uses the Uber Spear (+17 HP, +5 STR, +4 SKL, +9 SPD, +4 DEF, +14 RES) and drops it upon being defeated.

- Replace Tana with Anna. Make her a lv 10 Thief, and give her her bases from Fates and the growths of Leila from FE7 (shown about halfway down the page here). Alternatively, make her a Soldier with the option to promote into Halberdier, but keep the above bases and growths.

That's all I have for right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna throw in an edit for Kyle and Forde because nobody ever remembers they exist.  I blame Seth for that.

Kyle is replaced with Geese from Sword of Seals.  He has the same base stats as Geese and joins as a Pirate with a Killer Axe, Hand Axe, and Vulnerary, but instead of starting at level 10 he starts at level 5 and his starting Con is 13.  His growth rates are the same as Guy's, except he has a 50% growth in strength.

Forde is replaced with Cecilia.  Joins as a Mage Knight with the same base stats (Feel free to increase con to compensate for the fact tomes weighed less in Sword of Seals), level, and starting weapon ranks.  Has +25% to all of Cecilia's growths.  Joins with a personal tome, Rexcalibur, which is identical to how it is in Sword of Seals, except it has 30 uses and 10 Might, a Mend staff, and a Vulnerary.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/31/2017 at 1:19 PM, Koumal8 said:

Love the Sacred Weapon idea. Will use it. 

• 1 month later...

For some reason, I have always, always, wanted to use a generic lancer as a unit at some point. When I was a lil lad I loved "generic units" like the mercenary, the barbarian and the soldier. Getting Gerik was awesome as you can imagine.

Sad that there is no barbarian PC in Sacred Stones. iirc, there was one in FE7.

I mean, Amelia sorta is when used as a super recruit, but I really wanna see that classic generic lancer animations mang. Can you make that possible? (and could you make a separate rom with that change? I was thinking just make Kyle a green armor lancer, as you could use the sprites for neutral allied lancers and it fits his hair color. He can even keep his original stats, a nice balance with a lower speed but more bulk.)

Edited by ore no stando da

• 7 months later...

Update: Really slacked off after moving into my new apartment that I forgot about this thread.

I have decided to reopen this project and will be taking 1 - 3 edits from each of you. If you wish to add an edit please continue posting and I will get to everyone. I hope. 

Plus, with the advent of the new Fire Emblem Editors and a ton of sprites we now have a ton of possibilities to make this a memorable PME. 

The first video for this will be releasing at the latest Monday. Stay Tuned on this Channel : SirJetiau