Easter event soon?

Thany

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, have you ever heard of "you can be not hyped, but don't dishype the hyped"?

Honestly, no.

And where did I actually tell anyone they aren't allowed to like the banner? I may not get why anyone does, but I'm not going to try to stop them.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Chrom and Xander aren't wearing anything skimpy. Men aren't objectified in media like women are.

Have you seen Odin?

No, seriously. Have you seen Odin?

Plus, if we're going by "amount of skin shown", chrom and lucina are almost exactly the same. The point is how form fitting the outfits are. And yes, chrom's really draws attention to his figure. It's.... Very, very tight on the pants.

and for that matter, the shirt too. I mean, you can actually see the outline of his pecs. That is, like, European model level of Form fitting.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

Have you seen Odin?

No, seriously. Have you seen Odin?

Plus, if we're going by "amount of skin shown", chrom and lucina are almost exactly the same. The point is how form fitting the outfits are. And yes, chrom's really draws attention to his figure. It's.... Very, very tight on the pants.

Of course I've seen Odin. I didn't say men weren't ever objectified at ALL. Women are still bigger victims of it.

I don't see Chrom showing any skin, what are you talking about? What tight pants? I can't even see his pants in that picture.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Honestly, no.

And where did I actually tell anyone they aren't allowed to like the banner? I may not get why anyone does, but I'm not going to try to stop them.

Ana, if you want to criticize the designs, make a separate thread.

You were being a killjoy with the Ike silhouette joke earlier and you're doing it now.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, if you want to criticize the designs, make a separate thread.

You were being a killjoy with the Ike silhouette joke earlier and you're doing it now.

Ha, I would just get the same reaction from others that you're giving me if I made a separate thread.

I'm going to reserve judgement on which outfits are more skimpy until I see the injured poses. Some of them are....really revealing. 

On the bright side, I really appreciate the fact that Camilla's wyvern has flowers on it. 

Anyone else think that Xander's voice is a bit odd? Its a lot more high pitched than I thought it would be.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course I've seen Odin. I didn't say men weren't ever objectified at ALL. Women are still bigger victims of it.

I don't see Chrom showing any skin, what are you talking about? What tight pants? I can't even see his pants in that picture.

.... Are we looking at the same picture? His right arm doesn't have a sleeve (it never does, lol)!

and his collar is pulled down to accentuate his collarbone and pecs (contrast with Xander, same collar buttoned up)

3 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

.... Are we looking at the same picture? His right arm doesn't have a sleeve (it never does, lol)!

and his collar is pulled down to accentuate his collarbone and pecs (contrast with Xander, same collar buttoned up)

A right arm not having a sleeve isn't sexual or revealing. :/ A lot of FE characters have sleeveless arms, nobody is calling all of them skimpy-looking.

A collar pulled down like that on a man isn't sexualizing him either. Again, other FE characters who aren't called sexualized are like that too. Nobody said Karel looked skimpy. Or Tibarn.

And even if this was considered sexualized, it's still not as bad as what Lucina and Camilla are wearing. I still don't now how those tops don't fall down.

And I guess maybe we're not looking at the same picture though, as I've only seen the banner.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is still a Nintendo game too, though. They're supposed to be more "family friendly" overall.

The 3ds games were T for Teen for a reason heh heh.

4 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm going to reserve judgement on which outfits are more skimpy until I see the injured poses. Some of them are....really revealing. 

Spoiler

Looks at Kagero

Just now, Arcanite said:

The 3ds games were T for Teen for a reason heh heh.

Reveal hidden contents

Looks at Kagero

Yes, but not M. M rated games is where sexual stuff like this belongs.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

A right arm not having a sleeve isn't sexual or revealing. :/ A lot of FE characters have sleeveless arms, nobody is calling all of them skimpy-looking.

A collar pulled down like that on a man isn't sexualizing him either. Again, other FE characters who aren't called sexualized are like that too. Nobody said Karel looked skimpy. Or Tibarn.

And even if this was considered sexualized, it's still not as bad as what Lucina and Camilla are wearing. I still don't now how those tops don't fall down.

I vote we resolve this with a poll.

Is Easter chrom sexy yes or no?

take your pick people!

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

take your pick people!

People can say "sexy" without really meaning sexualized though. Like, I sometimes say RD Ike is sexy, but it's definitely not because of any sexualization in his design. I just think he has very good looks.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

take your pick people!

Bunny Chrom

Bunnies have lots of babies

Chrom has a horde of fangirls and fanboys.

Well, that explains all the five star Lucinas in existence.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

take your pick people!

Sexy? Probably. But over sexualized? Not really when the bar is set so high by Odin and Nowi. Put on some clothes you two ._.

I am sure you can find other games where guys are more "sexualized" if you dont like this (directed towards the male audience which most games like these are) females are not the consumer target males are. Not saying females cant play but if this kind of art and if making skimpy outfits appeal to the masses which it appears to be then IS have no problem doing these types of events as long as it makes them money. :)

Yes, but not M. M rated games is where sexual stuff like this belongs.

A little cleavage isn't enough to make the game only suitable for those ages 17 and up.

We get it already, you don't like this banner.  Or most banners.  I can only hope you don't take offense when people complain about Ike being in a banner, and then another banner, and then likely another banner.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ha, I would just get the same reaction from others that you're giving me if I made a separate thread.

Nah that's gamefaqs. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a separate thread just to criticize it. I'm sure there are quite a few people here who would agree. People who came to this thread thought and didn't want to hear too many complaining. Especially from you. So I think it's be for the best. Heck, ill do it myself if you don't.

Just now, Shiro said:

I am sure you can find other games where guys are more "sexualized" if you dont like this (directed towards the male audience which most games like these are) females are not the consumer target males are. Not saying females cant play but if this kind of art and if making skimpy outfits appeal to the masses which it appears to be then IS have no problem doing these types of events as long as it makes them money. :)

Um, given that Xander and Chrom are in this banner, I highly doubt that males are the only target audience here.

@Anacybele You aren't expressly telling anyone they shouldn't pull on the banner, but sometimes being so vocal about disliking a banner can be discouraging to other people. You likely won't change the opinions of people who are really excited, but some of the ones more on-the-fence might be less likely to pull when others (I'm not just singling you out; I'm aware others do this too. I'm addressing you only because you were asking why SoC keeps addressing you) are so vocal in their disappointment. 

I don't speak for @shadowofchaos of course (so correct me if I misinterpreted you), but I believe what he's trying to say is that you don't need to share your opinion on every banner. He'd be a lot less prone to calling you out if you refrained from expressing disappointment or exasperation ("can't believe I have to skip the banner AGAIN") on every banner you weren't fond of and instead just wait until a banner you DO like comes up. 

However, I don't want to repress your voice or anything. You have just as much of a right to share your opinion as the other people expressing their disappointment. The suggestion I have for you then is to make a qualifying statement of some sort. Perhaps instead of saying "I won't be pulling in this banner, and I'm disappointed" you could add "I'm won't be pulling in this banner, but I'm happy for the Elibe fans that wanted X characters" or "I won't be pulling in this banner, but good luck to the people who ARE excited for these characters" or something along those lines. Those may seem like small, maybe even insignificant changes, but I think they would go a long way towards improving the reception you get. 

Anyways, I hope this doesn't come off as overly harsh or patronizing or anything. It's not pleasant for you or for anyone else on the forum when you get called out and arguments start up, so I'm simply trying to minimize that. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Um, given that Xander and Chrom are in this banner, I highly doubt that males are the only target audience here.

So stop complaining about these banners it is really dampening the mood... Instead why dont you focus on how funny xander looks? xD

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Sexy? Probably. But over sexualized? Not really when the bar is set so high by Odin and Nowi. Put on some clothes you two ._.

When you're about to ask "isn't nowi, like, 10 years old" then you realize she's 1,000 years old and can technically where whatever she wants even though she looks like she's in 4th Grade.

3 minutes ago, GinRei said:

A little cleavage isn't enough to make the game only suitable for those ages 17 and up.

We get it already, you don't like this banner.  Or most banners.  I can only hope you don't take offense when people complain about Ike being in a banner, and then another banner, and then likely another banner.

A little? That's a LOT of cleavage on Camilla.

And no, of course not. But then why is it okay for you and others to take offense to my complaining? Why am I not allowed to take the same kind of offense?

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Anacybele You aren't expressly telling anyone they shouldn't pull on the banner, but sometimes being so vocal about disliking a banner can be discouraging to other people. You likely won't change the opinions of people who are really excited, but some of the ones more on-the-fence might be less likely to pull when others (I'm not just singling you out; I'm aware others do this too. I'm addressing you only because you were asking why SoC keeps addressing you) are so vocal in their disappointment. 

I don't speak for @shadowofchaos of course (so correct me if I misinterpreted you), but I believe what he's trying to say is that you don't need to share your opinion on every banner. He'd be a lot less prone to calling you out if you refrained from expressing disappointment or exasperation ("can't believe I have to skip the banner AGAIN") on every banner you weren't fond of and instead just wait until a banner you DO like comes up. 

However, I don't want to repress your voice or anything. You have just as much of a right to share your opinion as the other people expressing their disappointment. The suggestion I have for you then is to make a qualifying statement of some sort. Perhaps instead of saying "I won't be pulling in this banner, and I'm disappointed" you could add "I'm won't be pulling in this banner, but I'm happy for the Elibe fans that wanted X characters" or "I won't be pulling in this banner, but good luck to the people who ARE excited for these characters" or something along those lines. Those may seem like small, maybe even insignificant changes, but I think they would go a long way towards improving the reception you get. 

Anyways, I hope this doesn't come off as overly harsh or patronizing or anything. It's not pleasant for you or for anyone else on the forum when you get called out and arguments start up, so I'm simply trying to minimize that. 

No, you're fine, don't worry. I understand though, which is why I said I'm tired of making complaints myself. I should just stop then, yeah...

2 minutes ago, Shiro said:

So stop complaining about these banners it is really dampening the mood... Instead why dont you focus on how funny xander looks? xD

I'm not really laughing at it, but go ahead, be my guest. :P I'll just see myself out of this thread now.