[FE12] H1 SOYO: Game Over: Return of Medeus

Carmine Sword

Uh, meatshielding with undrafted units isn't allowed in FE12 drafts, but I won't penalize you for the Chapters so far because I guess I didn't specify that in the rules and just assumed that people wouldn't meatshield. Anything after this post will get penalized though.

Chapter 2: 6/11

Arran goes left to get the Lady Sword and everyone else goes up. Draug kills a bunch of stuff. Marth baits the boss off of the throne, but ignores him afterwards because he needs to seize. The boss goes after Draug the next turn because Draug's defense sucks. Whomp chips the boss to reach B Lances and then Draug finishes him off. The right wyvern got aggroed by Marth, and Arran got to kill it since no one else was in range to finish it off.

EDIT: The 10 turn penalty for using undrafted units was specified in the first post since before we started drafting. I still won't penalize you yet, cause I'm a nice guy, but please read the rules more carefully in the future.

Chapter 3: 14/25

Not worth it. Had Draug tank Matthis for the whole map after murdering like all of the wyverns. Fed the boss to Whomp since he didn't get very many wyvern kills (only 1 or 2). Arran got speed!

Stats:

Marth Lv. 11.23 Lord 31HP/13Str/0Mgc/12Skl/15Spd/13Lck/10Def/1Res C Swords

Whomp Lv. 14.59 Thwomp 37HP/17Str/0Mgc/11Skl/9Spd/12Lck/20Def/2Res B Lances

Draug Lv. 14.30 Fighter 32HP/17Str/0Mgc/12Skl/16Spd/8Lck/6Def/0Res D Axes

Arran Lv. --/4.45 Paladin 27HP/10Str/1Mgc/12Skl/12Spd/4Lck/10Def/6Res D Swords B Lances

Julian Lv. 6.00 Thief Base

Matthis Lv. 4.00 Cavalier Base

Chapter 3x: 6/31

Matthis got speed!

Chapter 4: 3/34

Free Sirius pogchamp. Marth gets the Armorslayer thief (he doubled and ORKOed lol) while Arran chips pirates to feed to Matthis. Julian, Whomp, and Draug kill stuff near the start. Ogma recruits Sirius and they kill a ton of pirates on enemy phase. On Turn 2, Ogma kills a Hunter and Yubello moves to a specific tile so that Marth will get Rescued to the tile below Yumina. Marth kills a Pirate. Sirius moves down. Arran moves in range of the Devil Sword Thief. On enemy phase, the Devil Sword thief attacks Arran and kills himself with a Devil Sword backfire crit (lol) and Arran sends the Devil Sword to the convoy. On Turn 3, Ogma gets the Devil Sword out of the convoy and trades it to Sirius, who kills the boss with it (after saving to make sure Sirius doesn't kill himself). Arran feeds another pirate to Matthis before Marth seizes.

Chapter 5: 6/40

Arran and Marth went to the throne and everyone else self-improved. Couldn't get the Master Seal thief unfortunately. Got Rickard.

Chapter 6: 8/48

Forged a +3 Hand Axe to make sure Draug could kill the knights near the throne regardless of stat fluctuation. Rickard and Julian got the chests. Arran got the Secret Book. Other dudes self-improved.

Chapter 6x: 2/50

Sent Draug to the Drill Grounds for a level up to max his strength, then promoted him at level 17.

Uh, Marth went up. Draug killed the boss and a few other dudes with an Iron Bow (he exactly ORKOed the boss with it actually). Everyone else self-improved. Fear Draug!

Stats:

Marth Lv. 14.62 Lord 33HP/16Str/0Mgc/14Skl/18Spd/14Lck/12Def/2Res C Swords

Whomp Lv. 16.69 Thwomp 39HP/18Str/0Mgc/11Skl/10Spd/14Lck/20Def/3Res B Lances

Draug Lv. 17/1.78 Warrior 40HP/22Str/0Mgc/15Skl/19Spd/8Lck/10Def/1Res C Axes E Bows

Arran Lv. --/6.69 Paladin 29HP/11Str/1Mgc/13Skl/12Spd/5Lck/11Def/6Res D Swords A Lances

Matthis Lv. 8.90 Cavalier 25HP/9Str/0Mgc/6Skl/11Spd/2Lck/12Def/1Res E Swords D Lances

Ogma Lv. 10.92 Fighter 35HP/14Str/0Mgc/10Skl/10Spd/7Lck/7Def/0Res E Axes

Yumina Lv. 5.56 Myrmidon 18HP/4Str/3Mgc/12Skl/17Spd/10Lck/5Def/0Res E Swords

Chapter 7: 5/55

Rigged Killing Edge crits with Navarre on Turn 1 to get the Master Seal and Iron Sword because without fliers there was a very real chance of missing out on something important. Thankfully, I managed to get everything except the Wo Dao. Arran, Matthis, Marth, and Julian went through the forest to help kill thieves, while Draug went up to head off the Angelic Robe thief before he escapes. Whomp was supposed to tank the Fire Dragon to feed it to Ogma, but Whomp is a tryhard who gets low percent crits, so Ogma only got a cavalier kill. Yumina didn't see any combat and only got the Physic Staff that no one can actually use. Had to rig a Killing Edge crit from Navarre to kill the boss because nobody else except Marth was close enough because forests suck for horses.

Chapter 8: 3/58

Promoted Whomp at level 17. Gave the Angelic Robe to Yumina so that she wouldn't get OHKOed by the Leo!Thief.

Marth went up, people fed promoted enemies to Navarre and Matthis. Arran and Draug teamed up to kill Jeorge. Ogma did nothing because he was too far away and Feena didn't have any time to dance him closer.

Spoiler

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xOTA3ODQxOTk5NjIxMzI0ODAvMjk3MjIzNzkxMTQxMDYwNjA5L3dVUFV2QVkucG5nIn0.J0XefEy8xQCK43vr0PlmpyBWfJ4?width=200&height=300

Chapter 9: 11/69

No Rescue Staff user, RIP turncount.

Chapter 10: 3/72

Drill Ground Navarre for one last level up then promoted him for huge promotion bonuses, which allowed him to ORKO every enemy on the map with an Iron Bow, but more importantly, let him cross water so he could kill those Swarm Bishops at the start.

Besides that, Matthis threw javelins at mages and everyone else did pretty much nothing. Got the Silver Card.

Chapter 10x: 2/74

Yep. Navarre got the bosskill. Lots of Devil Axe guys killed themselves with recoil, it was pretty funny. Horace got a kill.

Chapter 11: 12/86

This sucked.

EDIT: Oh yeah, promoted Matthis here at level 15 and gave him a speedwing to double wyverns with Scorpio.

Chapter 12: 10/96

Had to turtle because of wyverns that I couldn't reach on player phase followed up by reinforcements. Also had to kill Darros because just like Matthis he's an idiot who will attack you at 1-range despite having a 2-range weapon. I don't really lose anything since Sage!Robert and Bishop!Belf come next Chapter anyway.

Chapter 13: 5/101

Gave Marth a Dracoshield and an Angelic Robe so that he could solo the area by the boss.

Marth went up on his own while everyone else fiddled around and killed dragons for a ton of exp. Belf spammed Barrier and Mend with Feena's help cause maybe he can get to B Staves before Chapter 22? Let's hope. Robert mostly killed half-dead things for exp instead of spamming staves because he needs to get to C Tomes to use Starlight and I'd prefer to save an Arms Scroll if I can. Used the Thief Staff to get the Spirit Dust chest since Spirit Dusts are pretty much the only way Robert will have any kind of offense.

Stats:

Marth Lv. 25.56 Lord 49HP/21Str/0Mgc/22Skl/25Spd/25Lck/17Def/6Res B Swords

Whomp Lv. 17/6.01 Master Thwomp 55HP/23Str/1Mgc/16Skl/17Spd/19Lck/28Def/6Res A Lances E Bows

Draug Lv. 17/13.13 Warrior 52HP/30Str/0Mgc/23Skl/24Spd/11Lck/12Def/1Res B Axes D Bows

Matthis Lv. 15/5.00 Paladin 40HP/18Str/1Mgc/12Skl/19Spd/4Lck/17Def/8Res D Swords C Lances

Navarre Lv. 13/9.06 Sniper 42HP/23Str/1Mgc/22Skl/25Spd/17Lck/14Def/3Res C Bows

Arran Lv. --/8.41 Paladin 29HP/11Str/1Mgc/15Skl/12Spd/7Lck/12Def/6Res D Swords A Lances

Robert Lv. --/4.07 Sage 34HP/9Str/5Mgc/11Skl/12Spd/13Lck/5Def/5Res D Tomes E Staves

Belf Lv. 15/1.97 Bishop 39HP/10Str/3Mgc/15Skl/10Spd/8Lck/8Def/9Res E Tomes D Staves

Fenna Lv. 8.93 Dancer 21HP/7Str/0Mgc/8Skl/18Spd/14Lck/5Def/1Res E Swords

Chapter 13x: 2/103

Was actually kind of tricky to get the 2 turn. Navarre needs to move to a specific tile such that he doesn't get attacked by more than one enemy at 1-range as well as to be close enough to kill the Ballista in the bottom right corner after Matthis reveals it. Whomp, Belf, and Feena went up to deal with stuff up there. Marth killed the boss. Didn't get the Iote's Shield, but given how late Tomas shows up and how shit his stats are, I don't think it would have helped much.

Chapter 14: 4/107

Sent Navarre to the Drill Grounds to reach B Bows so that he could ORKO Ice Dragons with a Silver Bow. Gave the Spirit Dusts to Robert since there isn't any reason to wait on giving them to him.

Belf did work this chapter. He got the Again Staff with the Thief Staff, and then double Rescued Feena and Marth on Turn 4 to end the map. He's almost to C Staves too, which is nice, as being able to use Physic will give him more opportunities to build staff rank. Everyone else self-improved. Navarre and Robert got crazy good levels. Matthis kept missing 76 displayed hit attacks on Dragons, and thus all his potential great levels were lost due to having to reset when he missed. Gdi Matthis.

Fear the amazing Robert:

Spoiler

f029t4r.png

Stats:

Marth Lv. 27.09 Lord 51HP/22Str/0Mgc/23Skl/25Spd/27Lck/18Def/6Res A Swords

Whomp Lv. 17/8.26 General 57HP/24Str/1Mgc/18Skl/17Spd/20Lck/30Def/6Res A Lances D Bows

Draug Lv. 17/15.25 Warrior 54HP/30Str/0Mgc/24Skl/24Spd/12Lck/12Def/1Res B Axes D Bows

Matthis Lv. 15/7.82 Paladin 42HP/19Str/1Mgc/13Skl/20Spd/5Lck/17Def/8Res D Swords C Lances

Navarre Lv. 13/11.54 Sniper 43HP/24Str/1Mgc/24Skl/27Spd/19Lck/16Def/3Res B Bows

Belf Lv. 15/3.21 Bishop 40HP/10Str/4Mgc/16Skl/10Spd/8Lck/8Def/10Res E Tomes D Staves

Robert Lv. --/5.08 Sage 35HP/9Str/10Mgc/12Skl/13Spd/14Lck/5Def/6Res D Tomes E Staves

Feena Lv. 9.84 Dancer 22HP/8Str/0Mgc/9Skl/19Spd/15Lck/5Def/1Res E Swords

Chapter 15: 7/114

Drill Grounded Matthis so he'd get to B Lances, then gave him an Energy Drop so that he could OHKO Paladins with the Ridersbane and the Starsphere.

So Matthis went down and OHKOed the Ridersbane!Paladin, then sent the Starsphere to the convoy. Marth got Barriered by Belf and then danced ahead to kill a Horseman after he took the Starsphere out of the convoy.

Nothing much happens until the last turn besides people moving ahead after clearing out the horse squad. Marth could have 3HKOed the boss with the Rapier on between player and enemy phase on Turn 6, but then Abel would kill Matthis with his Ridersbane, so Marth had to kill Abel, and then Matthis comes up and takes the Starsphere and a Killer Lance from Marth and kills the boss with a hit + crit instead.

C Staves Belf hype.

Chapter 16: 2/116

Marth opened the door, then Draug OHKOed the Soldier behind it, Matthis went in front of Draug and took the Starsphere from him for the bosskill next turn. Feena danced Marth and he killed the General. Horace moved toward the Geosphere!Thief. Belf and Robert use the Thief Staff to get the 2nd Rescue Staff and the Speedwings.

Next turn, Horace kills the Geosphere!Thief with a Killer Bow crit. Draug kills the Physic Bishop and reaches A Axes (Hauteclare hype). Matthis then ORKOs the boss witha Steel Sword after Marth kills the Sniper blocking the way. Navarre chips a Warrior reinforcement so that Robert can kill it. Belf heals Julian who tanked a Swarm and then Marth seizes.

Macellen hype.

Chapter 16x: 2/118

Yep.

Chapter 17: 5/123

Navarre and Draug went left to deal with the wyverns while everyone else went down. Marth got Tomas on Turn 1. Whomp used his incredible not doubling powers to feed kills to Robert and Tomas, because why the fuck not? Matthis got way ahead of everyone else and killed most of the map and reached C Swords. Katarina pretended to be useful by using a save point because otherwise Matthis would have missed an 86 displayed hit attack against Sheema with the Silver Lance, cause Matthis can't hit the broad side of a barn. Belf Rescued Marth in range of the throne after Matthis killed Sheema.

Chapter 18: 2/125

Marth got the Lifesphere, Matthis and Whomp thwomped thwomps, fed Vyland to Robert. Navarre killed Wolf for a ton of exp. Draug killed Sedgar for like no exp. Tomas got the Arms Scroll.

Stats:

Marth Lv. 29.37 Lord 52HP/24Str/0Mgc/25Skl/25Spd/29Lck/19Def/6Res A Swords

Whomp Lv. 17/10.94 General 59HP/25Str/1Mgc/19Skl/18Spd/21Lck/30Def/6Res A Lances D Bows

Draug Lv. 17/18.17 Warrior 57HP/30Str/0Mgc/26Skl/24Spd/13Lck/12Def/1Res A Axes D Bows

Matthis Lv. 15/13.95 Paladin 48HP/24Str/1Mgc/16Skl/23Spd/7Lck/21Def/8Res C Swords B Lances

Navarre Lv. 13/13.80 Sniper 45HP/24Str/1Mgc/25Skl/29Spd/20Lck/16Def/3Res B Bows

Belf Lv. 15/6.49 Bishop 41HP/10Str/5Mgc/17Skl/11Spd/9Lck/8Def/11Res E Tomes C Staves

Robert Lv. --/7.56 Sage 36HP/11Str/11Mgc/13Skl/15Spd/16Lck/5Def/6Res D Tomes E Staves

Feena Lv. 12.51 Dancer 24HP/9Str/0Mgc/11Skl/22Spd/18Lck/7Def/1Res E Swords

Chapter 19: 9/134

Got Roshea. There is a 200% chance that getting Roshea wasn't worth it, but seeing as I got all of the other scrubs who cost me turns, might as well keep things consistent. Belf appreciated the extra time to build staff rank at the very least.  

Chapter 20: 5/139

Dudes went forward, killed stuff. Draug got Rescued further ahead on the last turn to get in range of Hardin and wreck his face with a Hauteclare crit. Got the gold, Master Seal, Brave Sword, and Again Staff. Belf reached B Staves finally.

Chapter 20x: 4/143

Yep. Gave Matthis an Arms Scroll so he can use that Brave Sword I got. Maybe it will do something one day!

Edited by Carmine Sword

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enter Rolf.

PRXOlc7.png

Prologue was free, so I gave like, 97% of the kills to Rolf, Gordin and Marth.

Here's my team before C1:

kvNNulU.pngh720lCS.pngTwrimbl.pngUHWG06K.png

C1 6/6 turns

Turn 1, Marth killed the Barbarians in the bottom-right area. Arran killed the Hunter near the village and Rolf & Gordin just killed the left-most barbarian. Turn 2, Marth recruited Malicia, Arran bought a Javelin and two Hand Axes and Gordin pulled two Barbarians from the top-left area, which I finished off next turn. I then moved Arran into the enemies such that he can move him next to Lorenz on turn 4. He equipped a Javelin, which left the axemen at low HP and ORKOed the Hunters. Arran then hit Lorenz 3 times, on EP4, EP5 and PP6, and Gordin got the kill:

o9HHH9d.png

Malicia as a Myrmidon is funny, 8 Atk with an Iron Sword. I guess she gets a lady sword next map?

C2 6/12 turns

Everyone went up the middle. Arran OHKOed the Thief on turn 2 and the Lady Sword went to the convoy so Malicia could take it (although she just chipped a Hunter once, which I actually wanted to be with Iron Sword so someone else gets the kill). Pulled Rumel on turn 4, Gordin got the kill after a chip from Rolf. The right DK was also pulled on turn 4 and the left one on turn 5. Warren and Rolf got one of them each.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 21: 5/148

Brave Sword was worth it. Gave Draug a Dracoshield so that he could tank 3 wyverns without dying.

Baited the wyverns at the start, then had dudes clean them up next turn. Matthis was equipped with the Brave Sword, which let him ORKO Berserkers without taking a counter as well as ORKO wyverns, which only Marth could double. Matthis and Marth got way ahead of everyone else before splitting up so that Marth could get Starlight and Matthis could kill the boss, which he thankfully could 2HKO with the Brave Sword to avoid taking a counter. Belf double Rescued Feena and then Marth on the last turn to get him in range to seize before Tomas bought most of the stuff from the secret shop.

After the map, I turned Robert into a top tier mage. In total, Robert has received 2 Angelic Robes, 6 Spirit Dusts, 3 Secret Books, 3 Speedwings, 3 Goddess Icons, and 3 Arms Scrolls. He's glorious.

Spoiler

0GfSnAq.png

Chapter 22: 3/151

Gave Matthis the last Arms Scroll to reach A Swords because I thought he needed the extra point of damage to ORKO Berserkers with the Brave Sword, but I ended up giving the Brave Sword to Marth in the actual strat I used. I just let Matthis keep the Arms Scroll anyway since no one else needed it. Also gave Matthis 3 Dracoshields to max out his defense. Gave 2 speedwings to Belf because everyone else had capped speed already and maybe it will let him tank a dragon next chapter or something, I don't know.

Turn 1, Matthis kills a Berseker, Navarre kills a Sorcerer, Marth moves up after using a Pure Water, gets danced, moves up again, gets refresed with Again, and then moves up and ORKOs a Glower!Sorcerer with the Brave Sword.

Turn 2, Robert gets fed a Swordmaster, Navarre kills a different Swordmaster, and Tomas moves into range of the Meteor!Sorcerer so that he won't attack Marth or Matthis. Matthis kills the Swarm!Sorcerer, Belf uses Again on him and he moves up and OHKOs a Sorcerer blocking Marth's way with the Gradivus, Belf gets danced and uses Again on Matthis a second time so that Matthis can open the door, and then Marth moves in front of Matthis and uses a Vulnerary.

Turn 3, Marth ORKOs a Glower!Sorcerer, Matthis exactly ORKOs the boss with Gradivus, and then Robert gets fed another kill so he can level up before Belf uses Again on Marth so Marth can seize.

Stats:

Marth Lv. 30.00 Lord 53HP/25Str/0Mgc/25Skl/25Spd/30Lck/20Def/7Res A Swords

Whomp Lv. 17/14.24 General 60HP/26Str/0Mgc/20Skl/21Spd/23Lck/30Def/8Res A Lances D Bows

Draug Lv. 17/20.00 Warrior 59HP/30Str/0Mgc/26Skl/24Spd/13Lck/16Def/1Res A Axes C Bows

Matthis Lv. 15/20.00 Paladin 55HP/25Str/1Mgc/21Skl/25Spd/10Lck/30Def/8Res A Swords A Lances

Navarre Lv. 13/18.19 Sniper 49HP/24Str/1Mgc/29Skl/29Spd/23Lck/18Def/3Res A Bows

Robert Lv. --/12.08 Sage 53HP/12Str/22Mgc/24Skl/25Spd/25Lck/5Def/7Res A Tomes D Staves

Belf Lv. 15/12.40 Bishop 44HP/10Str/8Mgc/20Skl/19Spd/11Lck/8Def/14Res E Tomes B Staves

Feena Lv. 15.94 Dancer 27HP/9Str/0Mgc/13Skl/25Spd/21Lck/7Def/1Res E Swords

Chapter 23: 3/154

Dudes went up and cleaned stuff out before Robert Rescued Marth, got refreshed by Again, and then crit Gharnef with Starlight before Marth seized.

Can I 2 turn the Final Chapter without any Rescue or Again? Find out soon!

The End: 2/156

Oh boy this was an endevor. 1st, I gave Marth the last Angelic Robe so he would survive enemy phase on Turn 1.

So long story short, my units can't reach the Bishops to kill them to prevent Medeus from reviving himself, so I have to kill Medeus twice. To do this, I need two units who can OHKO Medeus with a crit. Marth can kill him once, and then Medeus revives with 75 HP after eating the Bishops, so I need someone who can do 75 damage to Medeus with a crit. For this job, only one man can do the deed. That man is capped magic Robert with Starlight. Thus, I sell off basically everything I own and send Robert to the arena to cap his level and proc magic 6 times. He also caps a bunch of other stats, the only other besides magic of which I care about is skill since that increases his crit rate.

Anyway, everyone moves up on Turn 1, with Navarre and Draug baiting some dragons away from Marth so he won't die. Matthis then kills Lena (heh) so that Marth can reach Medeus. Tomas uses the save point. Marth goes up to Medeus and OHKOs him with a Falchion crit at 17 crit, and then Feena dances Robert up to kill Medeus again with a Starlight crit at 28 crit, thus stealing all of Marth's credit at the last possible moment.

Final Turncount: 156

Relevant Endgame People:

Spoiler

vdUNAp7.png

EFb0hAr.png

L5sdwfj.png

Hq8rCeJ.png

x4JrR4R.png

0WefNhp.png

hp0th80.png

Edited by Carmine Sword

Prologue: ...yeah

Chapter 1 (4/4): Forged a +2 Mt, +5 Hit, +10 crit Iron Axe to save ONE TURN by having Ryan OHKO Lorenz with a bit of chip from Arran. I gave it a bit of everything because eh, maybe I’ll need it again to crit something in the future. Undrafted Peg!Cecil got the Bullion.

Chapter 2 (6/10): Went UP. Ryan killed a lot of stuff and Luke dodged two 68% ohkos from the boss on Turn 5, what a bro. Arran got the Lady Sword.

Chapter 3 (6/16): Forged a +2 Iron Lance for Linde to actually do damage to things. She needs to promote somehow. Marf and Arran crossed the bridge, Arran ORKO’d all the Cavs and the Ballista. Everyone else killed Dracos, Ryan crossed the water and got a low% crit on the boss with a Hand Axe. Yay, one bosskill avoided giving to Arran.

Chapter 3x (6/22): Walked right. Linde intercepted one of the Knights from attacking Wrys and gained DEFENSE on her level up. Now if only she gets some Str we’ll be in business.

Chapter 4 (3/25): Rescue strats work. Arran got the Devil Sword and convoydropped it so Sirius could kill the boss.

Chapter 5 (5/30): Marf, Arran, and JESUS RYAN walked to the boss area. Arran mostly for the savepoint. Everyone else self-improved and got the Physic staff. Didn’t get the Master Seal Thief, but did kill Rickard. Deployed Ogma to recruit Barst for his stuff.

Chapter 6 (7/37): Ryan promoted to ZERKER to kill everything. Marf went to get the chests and Linde helped with her new +5 Mt Iron Lance, Aura?. Everyone else went left. Deployed Caeda to recruit Samto. 

Chapter 6x (2/39): Linde finally hit D Lances! It’s a miracle! At least now I have Sniper Pope. Hunter!Caesar doesn’t look too shabby either. 

Chapter 7 (5/44): Drill Grounded Rody and Linde, both for Strength and Speed; Rody for futureproofing (he’s a little slow), Linde so she could double and ORKO Thieves that flux down to 13 Speed in this chapter. Having only one flier for this map is something else, but at least Linde proved her worth and I managed to get all the items. Ryan just kinda walked up going around outside the forest and killed the Seraph Robe dude. Navarre Wo Dao’d the boss.

Chapter 8 (3/47): Drill Grounded Rody and promoted him. Recruiting Roger was a butt since he loves to attack Marth for some reason, but all I had to do was leave Cain as bait for him and the Killer Lance Paladin for things to work out. Linde got the star shard and Ryan killed a bunch of Generals with a tradechained Hammer for EXP and the Arms Scroll. Cav!Gordin recruited Jeorge on Turn 3 and traded him some Star Shards to get the Silver Bow drop.

Chapter 9 (6/53): Forged +4 Mt Javelin called Poking Stick. Linde needed this to ORKO a Thief so Luke could use the Thief Staff, convoydropping the Boots for Marth to use Turn 1. Sniper Pope was pretty cool here, either ORKOing or chipping dracos with Steel or Iron. Roger bought some Door Keys. 

Chapter 10 (2/55): Sniper Pope did a cool thing here where he low-Luck baited a Shaver mage from attacking Linde. She and Ryan crossed the water to clear the way for Marth. Thief Staff’d the Bullion (L). Contemplated getting Silence, but I don’t think I’ll need it. It’ll probably be more valuable to get the Spirit Dust in Chapter 13, since I need Cain to get Magic somehow. With Star Shards + Pure Water, Marth took a Thoron and Sniper to the face and lived to tell the tale. Merric was horribly murdered by a Merc and Shaver!Mage, RIP. At least he was nice enough to leave behind his Excalibur?

Chapter 10x (2/57): Wo Dao!Jeorge critblicked Legion and that was that. Thank god he moves first on EP.

Chapter 11 (11/68): Linde got a Seraph Robe for survival purposes. This map was the WORST. Got the Arms Scroll, Energy Drop, Secret Book, Elysian Whip, Seraph Robe, and Spirit Dust. Ended up full-routing except for Jake and went shopping for stuff with the Silver&VIP Cards. Bleh.

Chapter 12 (8/76): Drill Grounded Cain for Mag and Speed, then promoted so he could HEAL THINGS. Linde promotes to Falcoknight finally; she can ORKO Wyverns with the Lady Sword and star shards! I had to take this map a bit slowly because I lack a squad of fliers or other high-mobility units; it’s very important that I only cross the first line of forts when I’m ready, or else the northern reinforcements come before I can plug the forts. Darros died and Ryan took his Silver Axe to OHKO a Devil Axe!Barbarian. Ryan got the last star shard, and Linde ORKO'd the boss and helped deal with the reinforcements as Marth crossed over to the left. Managed to feed a fair number of dragon kills to a bunch of people.

Chapter 13 (4/80): Pretty simple, all told. Marth and Ryan walked directly up to the castle and everyone else did their own thing. Thief Staff’d the Spirit Dust for Cain (who’s got 11 Mag right now before boosters!)

Chapter 13x (2/82): I really love the music for this map. Good remix. Uh, I had my dudes kill stuff. Marth got the Iote’s Shield, Ryan killed the boss with a Hand Axe at capped Str (he’s a monster), and even Caesar blicked two Ballistae for an easy level. Probably promoting him soon, he’s just been kinda quietly training and getting fed dragons for the past few chapters.

Edited by Finalinsanity

C3 7/19 turns

Killed some DKs near the start and Rolf & Warren stayed there so they can pull the second trio one by one (they don't aggro in groups on H1). A steel bow hit from Rolf left a DK at one or two HP, which was just enough for Warren to take the kill. Warren killed 4 Dracos in total. Marth just headed straight for the village. Arran, Gordin and Malicia aided Marth going into the boss area, but I still needed to stall a turn for the bosskill, which Palla helped do (and she couldn't engage him before turn 6 because of the Ballista). Gordin ended up getting the kill after 3 Silver Lances (2x Palla on EP6, 1x Arran PP7) and Marth seized. Left the Dracoknights in the mountains alone since, barring a dodge, Palla would've died trying to kill them (she can only aggro them on H1 by attacking first, meaning they all attack her at once - there are four of them, and she can only take 3 hits).

C3x 6/25 turns

Went right, killed enemies.

C4 5/30 turns

Castor get. Sirius was a winning pile of 'roids, he trivialized the pirate area more or less and baited the boss into equipping Hand Axe so Ogma and Sirius can safely kill him on turn 5. Got the Devil Sword and the Armorslayer.

The team:

vtaDSwA.pngFmKPZPk.pngi0PAJTU.pngSH3kU2d.png5qUlbXI.pngGdVwAWJ.pngoJXEuen.png

Warren and Castor are funnily identical. I think I'll favor Warren since he has better WEXP right now, Castor meanwhile has a better speed growth but also slightly worse growths otherwise. Malicia has put in some work with Lady Sword, but she'll soon be useless. Marth is solid, Gordin is good but kinda slow, Arran is doing his job and I feel Rolf is more or less just held back by Archer's shitty bases.

C5 5/35 turns

Malicia procced Str!

Drill Grounded Gordin for an HP / Str / Spd level. Arran, Warren (who hit D Swd after killing a mage), Malicia and Castor went up to deal with the mages and Cavs. Arran used Vulneraries when pulling the Cavs on turns 3 and 4 since two of them have Silver Swords. After an Iron Lance chip, Devil Sword!Warren could finish them off, which was handy since it meant not taking Silver Sword counterattacks. Castor and Malicia could gang up on the Iron Lance!Cav after Arran's counterattack. On turn 4, Arran killed the Master Seal!Thief and on turn 5, Malicia fed the Physic!Bishop to Castor.

Meanwhile, Gordin led the charge into the boss area. He ORKOed the first Knight with Hand Axe and the two others on EP. He killed the generic ballista on turn 4. To survive, he had to dodge two out of the following: 2x 72 hit boss, 1x 41 hit stonehoist, 1x 69 hit steel lance and 1x 59 hit javelin. Too lazy to calculate the chance, it's probably pretty reasonable. On turn 5, he chipped the boss with an iron axe for 14/29 HP and Rolf took the Taurus shard from him and finished the boss with an 8*2 damage steel bow. Recruited Barst and killed Rickard for the VIP card (using Arran).

C6 9/44 turns

Gordin, Malicia and Castor went left. Marth got the chests (Warren killed the mage for him with Devil Sword). The distance from the barrier chest to the throne is 6 full movements, while that from the starshard chest to the throne requires a 7th turn to cross, so Marth could get the barrier staff without any impact on the turncount. Marth, Warren, Arran, Frey and Rolf went up the right. I pulled the throne room from both sides, using Pure Water!Arran and Gordin respectively, so I could wipe out the enemies just barely next turn. Lang was ganged up on during the last two turns, with Warren getting the kill.

C6x 2/46 turns

Went right, killed things along the way. Got both free steel swords.

C7 5/51 turns

Everyone went through the forest, except Gordin (promoted to Warrior), Rolf and Warren. Gordin killed the Angelic Robe!Thief on turn 4 and a Master Seal!Thief on turn 5. The Scorpio!Thief was killed by Navarre + Warren on turn 5. Aside from that, my units just fought their way through the forest and Arran critblicked Dahl with Killer Lance. Marth got two dances, on turns 4 and 5, to reach the gate. Missed the first Master Seal and the Wo Dao, but got everything else, including the cave physic that an undrafted flier got.

Also, have some stats.

Spoiler

h8Rt3Pf.pngrUyuqmZ.pngxPuVsrA.pngDgzr9ec.pngwsVxgKW.pngf1dWtc5.pngqWv1qpl.pngUe1Mzuo.pngoHPIdAN.png

C8 3/54 turns

Danced Gordin up on turn 1 to tank some Paladins and the one of the two generic snipers. Finished those units off on turn 2 and Gordin advanced towards Jeorge, using a vulnerary to survive the sniper. Turn 3, Marth got danced to the throne (getting a sniper kill before the dance), with Gordin talking Jeorge into leaving the gate. Arran got the Leo, he just OHKOed the thief on turn 2. Bought a hammer that I probably need later on.

C9 11/65 turns

Marth went all the way anti-clockwise, accompanied by Arran, Feena, Castor and Malicia. He got both chests, the village and then walked to the castle. Could've 10-turned had Arran not missed a Javelin, but I decided to just move on. I waited a bit to pull the mage swarm because Marth needed to recruit Etzel on his way from the village to the castle. Bought a SILVER AXE for Gordin.

C10 3/68 turns

Went up, only Marth and Rolf could waterwalk, along with DK!Wendell to recruit Elrean.

C10x 2/70 turns

Rolf killed the boss on turn 2 with silver bow. Castor got two berserker kills, he's now better than Warren statwise (he also got a 3-streak in the drill grounds), and also has hit D Sword.

Stats:

Qt5nP3x.pngQ6aBxQv.pngPuSCiMR.pngV7K8Lg0.png6pmSR2P.pngOv3VsKI.pngqAjtRq6.pngj6Z9sog.pngKvC4xps.pngGVXKUZo.pngDAI1oFL.png

Man, C11 is just like the starshard Lang dropped.

C11 11/81 turns

Fielded undrafted Draco!Wendell and Caeda to pick up treasure and get Jake. Marth, Rolf, Warren and Feena went left, Gordin, Castor and Frey went up. Arran and Etzel went left to pull and kill (with dragonpike) the wyvern that's the closest to the bottom-left corner so Wendell can safely get all the treasure along the left margin of the map. Arran and Etzel then just went collect the spirit dust and the angelic robe so other people don't have to go out of their way for it. Marth did most of the frontline work since he has the highest mov, he needed to dodge some axes at mid-40 disp hit. On turn 10, Rolf ORKOed the wyvern near the MasterSwordSwordMaster while Marth put himself in range of the boss with a Wyrmslayer equipped (convoydropped by Jake, who was shopping). EP, Marth brought the boss to low HP and Rolf tanked the MasterSwordSwordMaster (she was able to survive a crit). Turn 11, Warren finished the boss and Rolf ORKOed MasterSwordSwordMaster with silver bow. Marth seized. Managed to get all the treasure thanks to the undrafted fliers.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 14 (4/86): Opening two turns were the most important; I had just enough manpower to deal with the dragons and handful of Dark Mages on Turn 1, and the Thieves over EP 1 and Turn 2 PP. Marth was able to get to Gotoh on Turn 2 while Cain moved as much as he could towards the throne. Minerva Thief Staff’d the Again on Turn 4, while Cain and Linde moved into position for Marth to be Rescued to the throne room.

Chapter 15 (7/93): Drill Grounded and promoted Caesar finally. Bit of a tricky opening. Ryan walks across the water and nukes a Ballista with a Hand Axe. The Ridersbane Paladin on the right needs to roll 11 Def so Caesar can one-round him, then Linde OHKO’s a Horseman and Marth ORKO’s a Paladin. Luke Physics Marth so he doesn’t die horribly, and Caesar baits two Horsemen (counterkilled) and a Paladin (not). From there, it’s just a matter of pushing through. Ryan meanwhile kills everything in the boss area and then goes and buys me some small stuff at the Vendor with the Silver Card.

Chapter 16 (2/95): Ryan goes to the left to grab Mercurius. Sniper Pope opens the door on Turn 2 and Cain kills the Soldier blocking the way. Marth Armorslayers the General, Starsphere!Jeorge ORKOs the Sniper with the Devil Sword, and then Caesar moves up with the Light and Starspheres to ORKO the boss. Feena dances Marth, Minerva Thief’s the Rescue (RIP Thief Staff), and Linde grabs the Geosphere. Would’ve liked the Fortify, but didn’t have the right units to manage it.

Chapter 16x (1/96): Forged a +2 Mt, +15 Hit Hand Axe for consistency. Named it Hit Damnit!. Used Ryan, Linde (Energy Drop to ORKO), Caesar, Cain, and Feena. Linde ORKO’d the Swordmaster blocking Katarina, then Ryan moved up and attacks her with Hit Damnit!. Cain, Marth, and Caesar traded the Starsphere around and with Feena, routed the Berserkers, leaving only two Snipers and a Swordmaster left. Since Ryan had less Def than Linde, he was targeted by the three enemies left on Enemy Phase and counterkilled them with Hit Damnit!.

Chapter 17 (4/100): Ryan stayed back and dealt with some Dracos and a Sniper. Everyone else charged south. Caesar Killer Bow’d Sheema on Turn 4 so Marth could seize. Went shopping for some stuff with the Silver Card.

Chapter 18 (2/102): Ryan killed a bunch of Generals and Minerva Rescued Marth after he got the Lifesphere. Jeorge got the Arms Scroll. Yup.

Jake's bases:

HvROAb6.png

Gave him 5 rounds in the drill grounds (2 levels) and an arms scroll. Also used the drill grounds to top off some levels and promoted the Merc Men.

07vgeb0.pngrawuLjv.pngDXLj5mu.pngoTdhqD1.pngNf96aWU.pngJzh7FGs.pngBdkaVxX.pngqwDv9Vx.pngpoka7dW.pngO12GQcu.png

Bench:

kssLJZH.pngwe0LG5p.png

C12 9/90 turns

Everyone simply went up. Made some formations so I can take on certain enemy groups faster. The most fancy one was on turn 2:

DHWjFJP.png

Gordin, Marth and Frey (in that order) were priority targets of the wyverns, so I put them in positions that ensure they can only be attacked from one side. Gordin got a Bad Crit against a wyvern here, but a dodge saved the day. Normally, 3 wyvs would've been alive here, but I don't think it impacted the turncount.

I then just pushed forward, pulling the boss area on turn 7. I fought through the Fire Dragons there, including reinforcements, and Castor ORKOed the boss with Scorpio & Wyrmslayer (had he not doubled, or doubled but missed a hit, Arran could've finished off with dragonpike). Marth seized, it was pretty tight. Rolf killed the Pisces!Dragon after helping Frey kill 2 wyverns that spawned from the middle forts on turn 7.

Leiden get.

EHJAIsS.pngHe does have decent speed, maybe he can win in the drill grounds?

2ZxEgeK.png

MZPQTNx.png

aiGzrBk.png

He's still doubling! But he's not winning that. Next

dnVglp6.pngFZw2CES.png

He also got a Skl/Spd level without magic. I'll promote him now so he can build staff rank asap, although I doubt he'll use Again.

8IZnlR3.png

:Athos::Athos:

Team:

Spoiler

uecWTG9.pngwvMhvXk.pngNtiAhgG.pnghcOyowJ.pngKR2tw3I.pngdzYauB4.pnguSizdE4.pngesGJDFe.pngv0UQQ4O.pngCoPeWXh.pngrlKp8Dg.png

Bench:

kssLJZH.pngwe0LG5p.png

C13 6/96 turns

Marth went left and got Beck, who was fed a Wyvern and an Ice Dragon, and then went shopping, where I just bought some killers all around (including a Shaver that might help Leiden) since I have the silver card anyway. Warren, Castor and Feena went up through the river after Frey killed the dark mages there, using Pure Water. Rolf fed an Ice Dragon to Jake, killed one of the wyverns to the right and then got the Wyrmslayer after the thief looted it. Jake went after the Dragonpike!Thief (chest right of the start), but due to a mistake Etzel got the kill. Warren ended up killing the boss with Scorpio + Wyrmslayer, he had just enough Str for a ORKO (could've forged the wyrmslayer otherwise). Leiden thief staffed the Spirit Dust and used it after the map. :Athos:

This is Beck:

Jfmguwf.png

Pretty mediocre overall, but I'll probably need him for C15 since I forgot to buy Door Keys back in C9 and thus need a more complicated strat that involves sending an undrafted flier to the shop, which goes much faster if I can kill the ballistae early.

C13x 2/98 turns

Rolf counterkilled Kleine and the bottom-right fighter on turn 1 and Jake uncovered the Pachyderm Ballista for her on turn 2 so she can get danced and kill it with steel bow. Marth killed the two Myrmidons on EP1 with Devil Sword. The rest just killed the enemies to the left, and Leiden got to use a staff once. So far, he has used staves 7 times. 61 more and he can use Again!

C14 4/102 turns

This was pretty easy since the enemies in the rooms don't exist on H1. Got the starsphere on turn 2 and used the 3rd turn so Marth can get the swordslayer. Rescued him on turn 4 with Leiden, who also Thief'd the Again staff and got danced twice, putting his staff use count at 13/68.

Team:

Spoiler

etnsm0C.pngkQKQdIv.pngY7QkyfT.pngFXTmL9f.pngoGJGBG3.pngpwjoopD.pngNDaoWXH.pngpasZZMj.png9NndYZd.pngbXu9JOC.png

Bench:

kssLJZH.pngwe0LG5p.png23suvvY.png

C15 7/109 turns

Forged a +1 Mt, +17 Hit, +7 Crit Hand Axe for Beck, named Top bek. It only cost around 3600G! Also drill grounded Marth for 2 Def procs and gave him an Angelic Robe + Dracoshield.

2a2t34I.png

Thanks to the forge, Beck had pretty reasonable chances to ORKO a ballista with a crit + hit. He first had to ORKO this ballista and then got danced to the second one, which he had to kill before the second EP. Due to the bishops in the boss area, that means he had to get the hit+crit combo in the two rounds he got to attack the ballistician. Wendell, meanwhile, flew within 2 tiles of that ballista on turn 1 so he can reach the door key shop on turn 3 without being within enemy range.

Marth went through the prison, along with Jake, who ended up killing Eibel with a Killer Lance hit + crit. Because the door keys were dropped into the convoy, I could open the upper door on turn 3 and the lower one on turn 4, allowing Marth to go to the boss area. Got Abel, and he's benched.

C16 2/111 turns

Arran and Jake went after the Geosphere!Thief and Castor killed 2 of the Heroes with Swordslayer so Jeorge can recruit Astram. Leiden thief staffed the rescue on turn 1 so the door is opened immediately, and barrier'd Warren, who then tanked the door. Rolf positioned herself next to Warren so that ranged enemies would still suicide if the way to Warren is blocked. Turn 2, Leiden thief staffed the Bullion (L). Depending on whether Warren crits the General in the throne room on EP, there are 2 possible enemy formations. If he does, there are two Warriors in front of him, one of which gets killed by Rolf and the other by Marth, who would've needed a 55% Master Sword crit due to a high Spd roll on the warrior. If Warren doesn't crit, there is a General, a Soldier and a Warrior, in that order. This is what happened, and Rolf killed the General, Marth the soldier and Beck + Frey ganged up on the warrior using ranged weapons. In either case, Marth gets danced to seize the throne and Warren kills Willow with a normal Hand Axe + Lightsphere (which he pulled 83 hit with, so Beck could keep the Top bek to himself). Leiden staff count is now at 28/68.

C16x 1/112 turns

This was super easy since the swordmasters are clowns (20 Spd) and get doubled by Starsphere!Warren. He pulled 73 hit against them with the Top bek. Marth and Frey ORKOed a Berserker (18 Spd) each by trading the Starsphere before Warren takes it (Marth was drill grounded for two Spd procs to hit 20 Spd, he was slow) and Str Bond!Castor and Rolf simply ORKOed the other two Berserkers. Warren was danced after killing the first SM and moved onto the chokepoint so all the remaining enemies suicide against him. I had one deployment slot left, so I just fielded Leiden for an extra staff use.

C17 4/116 turns

Warren got danced on turn 1 and killed a Warrior with Hand Axe + Starsphere. Then, Jake moved down with Geosphere in his inventory. Frey then ORKOed the Warrior below the first Archer with Killer Bow (~60% chance to crit once in 2 hits) and Marth OHKOed the nearest Warrior with a 52% Master Sword crit. Rolf killed the nearest Sniper. EP, a sniper attacked Frey, who doesn't kill without a crit, and Warren countered a Warrior and a Sniper, the latter of which would die no matter what and the former would've survived had he rolled up on HP and Def. Turn 2, Marth got danced down and used the map save at the end of the turn. If necessary, Jake could've finished off Warren's warrior and Marth could've finished Frey's Sniper. Neither ended up being needed in the successful attempt. Rolf, Gordin and Castor + Beck killed one of the Dracoknights each. Turn 3, Jake opened the door and Frey critkilled the Warrior in front of the chokepoint (which isn't hard to get thanks to the map save). Warren placed himself just ahead of the chokepoint, Marth behind it. Turn 4, Warren killed Sheema and Marth seized. Gotta save the turns, it's not like she would've been useful anyway. Leiden got danced on turn 3 and 4, amounting to 6 staff uses on this map.

C18 2/118 turns

Forged a +1 Steel Axe so Starsphere!Warren can cleanly kill the Generals. He needed to dodge some of them (silver lances had 60 hit, silver bows 75 and Killer Lance/Ridersbane barely scratch him) to survive on turn 1, when he faced all of them. Castor killed a General (not counterkilled by Warren because he has a bow) and Frey + Jake ganged up on a Ballista, freeing up the path to the boss. Warren ORKOed him with Lightsphere and Leiden got danced so he can rescue Marth to the castle. Staff count: 38/68.

Team:

Spoiler

WKKvI7V.pngBqrW3sN.pngPlGBiye.pngh3xGsmO.pngYvGwNGh.png5kw1xrq.pngMIcY5yD.pngyEIspJx.png9CBoWcw.pnggcGCFR2.pngxnLPT8u.pngvVawtZc.png

Bench:

kssLJZH.pngwe0LG5p.png23suvvY.png

C19 5/123 turns

Forged a +5 hit, +6 crit killer lance called BossKill and gave Jake an Angelic Robe, which he needs to survive safely on this map, and I also think he's the best unit to use it on for the remaining chapters. Turn 1, Leiden got danced to rescue Warren ahead, who then pulled the Paladins. He counterkilled 3 of them with a steel axe and wasn't in range of the fourth. Turn 2, Marth ORKOed that leftover Paladin with Rapier and Warren moved ahead to pull the Horsemen. The generic Horsemen died on counterattack and Sedgar survived two Hand Axes, but was killed by Jake on turn 3. Marth then finished off the Ballista with Levin Sword after Hand Axe chip and Leiden rescued Feena up so she can dance Marth. Turn 4, Marth got in position to pull the General blocking the boss and Jake positioned himself within 10 tiles of the boss. Jake attracted the Horsemen due to lower Def than Marth, and Marth ORKOed the General with Armorslayer. Gordin distracted one of the Ballistae so Jake can safely survive, facing 1 Ballista and 2 Horsemen on EP. Turn 5, Arran popped a map save and Jake killed boss with 2 crits using the BossKill, at 95 hit/35 crit. Total chance of success is around 11.75%. He got a Jake level after the kill and Marth seized. Leiden spent most of the chapter spamming Physic for WEXP, and also physic'd Jake so he can survive a counterattack from the boss. Leiden got danced twice, so his staff count is now at 45/68.

XvnPyDD.png

Edited by Gradivus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

C20 5/128 turns

Dance order: Warren, Rolf, 3x Leiden -> staff count: 53/68

Warren tanked the treasure room on turn 2 through the wall, after Frey killed the Thief, Rolf took the Master Key and killed a Hero and Marth + Jake killed the other Hero. With the Top bek and Geosphere support from Gordin (who was in the outdoor area), he had to crit two enemies on EP. The rest of them, he either ORKOed or the team can finish them off next turn. Jake also needed a 34% crit against the sniper due to how things panned out, and Malicia got killed off so Warren doesn't get finished off by the Warrior (because the Thoron!Sage and the Swordslayer!Hero very much dented him). The overall chance to get the crits needed is around 13.7%. Turn 3, Rolf opened the door and gave the Master Key to Warren to obtain the Brave Sword. Turn 4, Rolf took the Master Key from Warren and Arran took it to open the 10k Bullion chest. Warren got a door key from Rolf and opened the door to Hardin with it. EP, he counterkilled the Sage, Glower!Sorcerer and Sniper (the last one of which took a crit or would've been finished off next turn). Marth got the Master Seal. Turn 5, Beck used the map save. Warren got a Master Sword hit + crit against Hardin (doubled him with Starsphere, Speedwing and a drill grounds Spd proc) and Frey finished him off with Killer Bow. Arran got the Brave Lance and Rolf + Jake tradechained the Master Key to get the Again staff. Leiden then used my final Thief use on the Brave Bow chest because I don't see a better place to use it. Midia actually survived because she somehow didn't get attacked.

C20x 4/132 turns

This was pretty laid back, Jake could ORKO Eremiah cleanly with Silver Lance after an Energy Drop and a drill for Speed. I killed the 2 berserkers in the opening on turn 1, the berserker + general (only one each on H1) in the hallway on turn 2 and the Longbow!Sniper on turn 3, when Warren and Jake went into position for the bosskill and Feena placed herself on the safe tile where she can dance Marth to the throne next turn. Turn 4, Warren made Eremiah visible, Jake killed her and Marth got danced to the throne. I could actually dance Leiden 3 times (turns 1-3) here, so he now has 60/68 staff uses.

Team:

Spoiler

rmzA69S.pngFJ2KZmc.pngmvljIoq.png67KiVBa.pngSkxwS8k.pngRssovJw.pngyaiogk2.pngqbykDLC.pngVWlnv0S.pngCuFH4Bd.png

Bench:

we0LG5p.png23suvvY.pngUJ6pR9E.png

RIP:

kssLJZH.png

C21 6/138 turns

Castor went up to the thieves to fight his way to the secret shop, which he ended up visiting on turn 6. Warren got danced to the forest tile to kill some enemies with this forge:

bRGVlZm.pngLmT5BbG.png

+25 hit allowed him to kill even the swordmaster pretty reliably, pulling around 80 hit against him. +5 mt allowed for clean wyvern ORKOes and brings the Berserkers down to 1 HP to be finished off easily. Turns 2-5, Leiden got danced each time and hit B staves on the first staff use of turn 5. It was necessary at the start of turn 6, when Marth had just visited the village. Leiden first again'd him, then got danced to rescue him to the gate to seize after Jake killed the boss. Ended up skipping Michalis because I found I can do all the strats with just Ymir as a secondary mage.

C22 3/141 turns

Pumped Marth full with statboosters to make him bulky for the C23 strat. Jake got an Arms Scroll and an Angelic Robe. Leiden got an Arms Scroll and 4 Spirit Dusts.

Turn 1, Jake got danced ahead to Gradivus the nearest Mage Dragon and counterkill a Fire Dragon + Sorcerer on EP. Frey ORKOed the Berserker and Castor the Sorcerer near the start.

Turn 2, Jake healed with Gradivus and Marth killed the Meteor!Sorcerer near the door. Ymir rescued Arran (who has a door key) up and Frey ORKOed the Killer Axe!Berserker.

Turn 3, Frey could've killed the moving Sorcerer to the right, but it wasn't necessary because he suicided on Jake instead of attacking Marth. Arran then opened the door, Jake ORKOed the Mage Dragon behind it and Marth moved within seizing range. Leiden got danced to Again Jake and Marth, Ymir used a map save and Jake killed the boss with 2x Dragonpike.

C23 2/143 turns

Turn 1, Marth and Jake got rescued up by Ymir, Jake Gradivus'd the Mage Dragon in the middle of the staircase and Marth went within 9 tiles of the throne, killing a Glower!Sorc with Brave Sword. Leiden again'd him and he went to a safer spot (facing one less Meteor, still within 9 tiles of the throne) and used a Pure Water. Warren, Rolf+Castor and Brave Bow!Frey killed some dragons near the start.

EP, Marth faced 2 swarms (6 damage, 53 hit), 2 mage dragons (12 damage, 66 hit), 3 fire dragons (13 damage, 66 hit) and 1 glower (27 damage, 73 hit). It was pretty tough, but eventually I got him to survive. He had 60 HP and the enemy attacks all added up have 102 damage, that takes quite a few dodges.

Turn 2, Ymir moved ahead, Leiden used the last Again use on him and he used the last rescue use to get Leiden within range to kill Gharnef, which he did with a Starlight crit. Marth's position allowed him to seize after that.

Endgame 2/145 turns

This wasn't particularly hard, Marth was very comfortably within the damage needed to OHKO Medeus (it's really easy on H1). Beforehand, Jake killed Nyna, Rolf killed Elice with Longbow (so Marth's tile to attack Medeus from isn't blocked), Minerva recruited Maria and Warren killed Lena. I also had some people left to clean up some dragons standing in the way, which I ended up needing to do.

Final Team:

Spoiler

SuMMrlH.pngmFg25zC.png

Overall, he was mostly good, but not broken. He could kill some of the slower enemies and was good at surviving in most situations. Average FE12 Marth.

Bz02RIQ.pngfWnYliF.png

Once she promoted, she was extremely bulky and fast, and had average strength. She was particularly good in the midgame and consistently had good combat throughout, but was held back by her lack of 1-range and movement (when she was still an Archer) sometimes.

OYJAX4B.pngUxkvdAG.png

Solid earlygame, he kept up with the pace of the game pretty well when building sword rank. He and Castor were mostly similar early on, but he sticked out by being a lot more bulky. At the start of C14, he had over 40 HP and 16 Def, and from that point on he just snowballed and could survive 4-6 enemies at once and counterkill them back, which greatly simplified the lategame chapters.

zFQ4ZWg.pngfD1tmpl.png

Pretty similar to Warren early on, although he built up sword rank a bit later, which didn't really hurt because he got to Wyrmslayer in time for C12. He was a bit faster than Warren, which was useful against the midgame Dragon bosses, but overall he was weaker than Warren because he wasn't as bulky, so he mostly was just a secondary combat unit after the dragon valley.

afTOKSz.pngRbfVb0a.png

His damage and HP were good early on and his stats were very funny. He was not a stellar unit, but was certainly effective at dealing damage with a bow or a silver axe. His HP were moot due to his Spd, but he could still survive two hits against many enemy types. Not that I'd rely on him as a tank.

UC2v01h.pngGIbn8jV.png

Very rocky start. He did have a lot of utility, though, by being a 10-mov unit and having access to various lances like killer and ridersbane. He needed a lot of help, but he was pretty useful in the end.

LRbFW3I.pngnf6VIb0.png

Being a Horseman, he was naturally useful in the lategame, but he wasn't really outstanding because other units, especially Warren, did so much more in those chapters. Nonetheless, he was useful, and he also had weirdly high def for a Horseman and the brave bow gave him quite a bit of punch for the late dragon chapters.

i2KiILh.pngbpYnw12.png

It took some major strategy to fully use him. Extremely precise use of Feena so he can use staves as often as possible allowed me to hit Again just within the margin of one use before I started saving turns with it. Him also being my only Gharnef killer and only Again user at once made chapter 23 trickier to plan out.

y8bJF34.pngrNi9yTF.png

He had an interesting niche in C15, which helped tremendously because I didn't have to go around the map (I imagine that would've been cancer). Otherwise, he mostly did nothing significant, aside from C14, which was tight enough that he had to chip in once or twice iirc.

Gab99ib.pngau95UNf.png

instabench/10

AYNh3A6.pngVMwFoTR.png

His offense was rarely good, but even then he did help sometimes. He also could survive single enemies in the midgame as a Paladin very easily, which helped with formations.

7nexLLI.pngr9xKht6.png

Crucial earlygame, almost useless after.

tVR4g4b.pngbBG5DLW.png

He was actually really useful due to being a second rescue user.

kssLJZH.pnguyk0ib7.png

She was a fun gimmick unit early on with Lady Sword. Then, she got OHKOed by everything and got benched until I found a use for her as bait. RIP.

pkpjb8H.png

Got recruited, did nothing.

Also, RIP Sedgar and Michalis, who I didn't end up recruiting.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 1 year later...

Hey, it's only been a year and change! That's like, significantly less than two years.

Chapter 19 (5/107): Def Bond to Linde so she could live stuff easier. Gave Linde an Arms Scroll to hit C Swords so she could Armorslayer the boss. Forged +2 Mt +5 Hit Armorslayer called Can Opener. Convoydropped the Lifesphere after killing the boss so Marth could pick it up and uh, not die to stuff hopefully. Ended up being totally unnecessary as Caesar pulled and ORKO’d all but one of the Horsemen, AS ACCORDING TO PLAN. OBVIOUSLY. After killing the boss, Linde pulled back to a weird spot that left her in range of all the boss area HMs and the lower right Ballista. With some healing and DRACO FROST HOLDING GEOSPHERE SUPPORT, she traded over a Javelin and ended up critblicking some HMs and Wolf, which probably didn't matter too much since she could've killed them over the next couple turns if necessary, but it made things way simpler. Turn 5 Marth moves into position and gets Again’d for the seize.

Chapter 20 (5/112): Fed Caesar an Arms Scroll for A Bows. Everyone charged forward and muscled their way through the treasure room while Rody and Jeorge went on an adventure to grab the Fortify (not sure if i'll even get any chances to use it when Again exists, but?). On Turn 4, Linde opens the door to Hardin and clears out the Sniper and two mages. Grabbed the Bullion, Brave Lance, Master Seal, the Again. I should probably figure out where to use the 5 Again charges I still have. Caesar walked up to Hardin and Parthia crit for an OHKO and Marth seizes.

Chapter 20x (4/116): Str Bond to Linde so she could ORKO whatever the boss’s name is. Moved up and killed stuff.

Chapter 21 (5/121): Gave an Arms Scroll to Cain so he could use Excalibur. Sold a bunch of shit. Probably could’ve saved an Again if I tried harder, but eh. Bought a bunch of boosters.

Chapter 22 (5/126): Capped Linde’s Str with the Energy Drops. Yeah. Forged a +10 Dragonpike because why not. Frost died tanking a Meteor to the face.

Chapter 23 (2/128): Had Arran run ahead, use a Pure Water, then get Again’d into range of the Fire Dragon just south of Gharnef. Everyone else killed stuff near the start and moved up. EP Arran pulled all the enemies near Gharnef down and also kinda died. Turn 2, Caesar and Linde cleared a path for SORCERER DOLPH to Rescue Cain, who then moved up and Rescued Marth. Used my last Again to let Cain Starlight ORKO Gharnef, no crit necessary.

Endgame (2/130): Standard +1 Thoron forge so Nyna could kill Maria. Had Caesar kill Lena, Sirius got Danced to recruit Nyna, Marth got Rescued by Cain, and I hit the save. Needed a crit from Marth and, after Medeus eats Elice, a crit from Gradivus!Linde to secure the victory. Could've only needed one crit if I’d saved an Again from Ch 21.

RIP Frost and Arran, your sacrifices were not in vain.