New 7 minute video

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

OOH IT'S IKE! ^^ Only for a couple seconds, but I'm glad to see him in action! Kinda bummed that it's not QUITE the same as in Fates and Amiibo units are kinda ghostly-looking instead of real people, but hey, I get to play with Ike in yet another game, and I won't complain about that! <3

I'm pretty sure he's a green unit when he appears, like the phantoms the Invoke skill summons.

Speaking of that Ike phantom... does anyone else find it, and the other ones, extremely unnerving? They just... creep me out...

Also, that ending animations where they turn to the camera and fade away...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Atlas the Barbarian 

702f33c455f4481b184fe950fb1bc4be.png

Confirmed using again.

I swear he better be able to use axes, and IS has just been coy about axes being usable by players.

His design just screams "I like to chop things in half with an axe."

It's seriously one of the best Warrior/Berserker/Bandit character portraits in the franchise. Only Geitz comes close.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

I swear he better be able to use axes, and IS has just been coy about axes being usable by players.

Well, he worked as a woodcutter...

Also, can someone explain how THIS THING 

Spoiler

Nuibaba_2.png

became THIS?

Spoiler

Nuibaba.png.3689e4413ff3ae52b158d62d391f260e.png

2 minutes ago, Almerson said:

I'm pretty sure he's a green unit when he appears, like the phantoms the Invoke skill summons.

Speaking of that Ike phantom... does anyone else find it, and the other ones, extremely unnerving? They just... creep me out...

Also, that ending animations where they turn to the camera and fade away...

Green unit? You mean you don't actually recruit these phantoms and level them up? That's super boring. Why'd they dumb down the Amiibo like this when it was so much better in Fates? That's so lame. I don't feel like I have any real reason to use them now, except to just see some ghostly character model for the heck of it.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Vier Mill said:

Well, he worked as a woodcutter...

Also, can someone explain how THIS THING 

Hide contents

Nuibaba_2.png

became THIS?

Hide contents

Nuibaba.png.3689e4413ff3ae52b158d62d391f260e.png

Nuibaba got a quick shave and made a trip to the dentist.

Edited by Slumber

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's seriously one of the best Warrior/Berserker/Bandit character portraits in the franchise. Only Geitz comes close.

Honestly even if he can't axe things up I love this design its probably my favorite Echoes redesign besides Mae. 

Maybe I'll just have him go DREADFIGHTER. If he's still a villager and all.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Honestly even if he can't axe things up I love this design its probably my favorite Echoes redesign besides Mae

Maybe I'll just have him go DREADFIGHTER. If he's still a villager and all.

But Mae has had like, the least dramatic redesign out of everyone.

Atlas is awesome for looking cool, and also for looking nothing like his dorky old self. I just hope he's not complete garbage like he was in Gaiden.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

But Mae has had like, the least dramatic redesign out of everyone.

Atlas is awesome for looking cool, and also for looking nothing like his dorky old self.

I like the simple touchups haha, plus we haven't seen Clair yet :< 

He's been benchpressing like a madman Maybe punching a camel here and there.

21 minutes ago, s07195 said:

How would that even be feasible when you can class change into anything? Even Awakening didn't do that.

Also, Catria looks really nice. And finally, A G-DAMN USE FOR MY ROY AMIIBO YES

A. Smaller cast.

B. No reclassing aside from 5 villagers. 

I just get tired of seeing units' battle models not match their portraits. Some units look better unprompted. 

Edited by Leif

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

He's been benchpressing like a madman Maybe punching a camel here and there.

Atlas always bench pressed like a madman. Unfortunately, he skipped leg day, never did cardio, and was cross-eyed.

Now that I think about it, he was always built like an Axer(A bad one, but still).

I'm curious about this new character suppose to be? I wondered if he's like a long lost brother or cousin of Celica's (I don't think he might be a son of Celica similar to like Lucina and Shigure), but it looks like Celica gotten surprised. But, it looks like he might be a cavalier since he has that similar armor design as Clive's.

58db1a4644c22_MaskedRiderwithRedHair2.png.598ef586f53e69c14657e232ba248539.png

Edited by King Marth 64

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm curious about this new character suppose to be? I wondered if he's like a long lost brother or cousin of Celica (I don't think he might be a son of Celica similar to like Lucina and Shigure), but, it looks like she's got surprised and he's protecting her.

Not only are their hair colors the same, but... their whole color motif is the same! Look at their clothes!! It... they must be related, surely... long lost relative? 

Spoiler

So, another member of the royal family survived? It was stated that everyone but Celica was killed.

3 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm curious about this new character suppose to be? I wondered if he's like a long lost brother or cousin of Celica (I don't think he might be a son of Celica similar to like Lucina and Shigure), but, it looks like she's got surprised and he's protecting her.

Giving Celica a sibling(Or any sort of relative) would be a big change to the story, given her role in the grand scheme of things. It's entirely possible, but yeah, it'd be pretty big.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Giving Celica a sibling(Or any sort of relative) would be a big change to the story, given her role in the grand scheme of things. It's entirely possible, but yeah, it'd be pretty big.

I mean... they are making big chances after all, and the story does need something to be expanded and feel fresh, it was very basic because the limitations back in the day. Also 

Spoiler

Alm got a cousin too, so why can't Celica get a relative?

10 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Probably does not matter as much but you can see her battle model at least

Screenshot from 2017-03-28 22-27-23.png

Edited by Sarahtoga104

Hype levels have gone through the roof once again!

Also there was a small scene where Alm grabbed his left hand while fighting Berkut... guessing that's where

Berkut figures out who exactly Alm is and family drama ensues

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

Hype levels have gone through the roof once again!

Also there was a small scene where Alm grabbed his left hand while fighting Berkut... guessing that's where

Hide contents

Berkut figures out who exactly Alm is and family drama ensues

Wait, really...? 

Spoiler

I'm seriously starting to fear that Zeke is being left out...

2 minutes ago, Vier Mill said:

I mean... they are making big chances after all, and the story does need something to be expanded and feel fresh, it was very basic because the limitations back in the day. Also 

Hide contents

Alm got a cousin too, so why can't Celica get a relative?

I mean

The Rigelan royal family wasn't exterminated. Alm having a cousin isn't too big of a stretch, especially one like Berkut, who is out in the open and a big deal. Celica, on the other hand, was supposed to be the last member of the Zofian royal family.