New 7 minute video

Perhaps we don't see Zeke in his map because he needs to be talked to on the battefield with Tatiana? Or maybe he was killed by Jerome. I would find it very difficult to believe that they would remove him.

But yes, I guess the quote proves Alm is in the ball

Edited by KliffIsTheOG

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Found the screenshot, Python is on the right in blue, and it looks like he has a pompadour. Forsythe is in green on the left.

Screenshot_20170329-080533.png

So Python is a blue haired Kuwabara. I can dig it.

Edited by Slumber

It seems, maybe just design-wise, that Leon and Python are complete opposites with Leon being a pretty-boy type, and Python looking a lot more rough and ready, with the pompadour, which was a typical symbol of delinquents in Japanese gangs. Maybe this might extend to his personality, so he might be a bit like Brady from Awakening?

5 minutes ago, Hoshidokoala said:

It seems, maybe just design-wise, that Leon and Python are complete opposites with Leon being a pretty-boy type, and Python looking a lot more rough and ready, with the pompadour, which was a typical symbol of delinquents in Japanese gangs. Maybe this might extend to his personality, so he might be a bit like Brady from Awakening?

Yeah, it's pretty interesting. This also reflects their growths kind of since Python is more offensive while Leon defensive. I really want to hear his voice.

19 hours ago, Jedi said:

Atlas the Barbarian 

702f33c455f4481b184fe950fb1bc4be.png

Confirmed using again.

This re-design makes me sad about the highly possible lack of axes in the game. He looks too much like an axe user.

Also, skills are learned through weapons, uh? Interesting. It's the element I'm the most curious about

My main concern with Atlas is his battle models. I hope they made them buff cause I don't want another Rinkah.

2 hours ago, Azz said:

My main concern with Atlas is his battle models. I hope they made them buff cause I don't want another Rinkah.

Buff men tend to stay buff in their original class & related models. Vaike & Basillio, for instance, use the buff model in every warrior line, i believe.

Fates was dumber in that the default model for the oni savage WAS buff...but only with the men (to my knowledge anyway, I don't think I ever tried giving Oni Savage to any of the other girls). Resulting in things like class changing hayato looking buffer than rinkah

Anyway since they seem to be paying a lot of attention to the models as time goes on, Atlas will probably be fine, at least in his original class.

33 minutes ago, r_n said:

Fates was dumber in that the default model for the oni savage WAS buff...but only with the men (to my knowledge anyway, I don't think I ever tried giving Oni Savage to any of the other girls). Resulting in things like class changing hayato looking buffer than rinkah

lmao I immediately thought of Hayato as an oni savage.

*shivers*

9 hours ago, Vier Mill said:

I love how everyone mentions that Catria is sad on the art we saw on the video, but they all say it is because Marth instead of ever considering that is because her little sister has been kidnapped and doesn't even know where he is or if she is still doing well...

I was not privy to this information (I never made it that far in Gaiden).

Did they really give Python a pompadour, or that just speculation from that one low-res sprite? Isn't that a crime or something?

And a theory regarding Nuibaba: magic is supposed to be harmful without a tome, right? Could it also have other adverse effects outside of losing HP, like turning you into Swamp Thing?

31 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

lmao I immediately thought of Hayato as an oni savage.

*shivers*

The comical thing is his strength growth arguably makes him a stronger oni savage than rinkah could ever hope.

horrifying muscle mage is your true axe user

12 hours ago, The DanMan said:

(or should it be "badess"?).

Get out of my house with that; how dare you make me read that?

9 hours ago, Vier Mill said:

I love how everyone mentions that Catria is sad on the art we saw on the video, but they all say it is because Marth instead of ever considering that is because her little sister has been kidnapped and doesn't even know where he is or if she is still doing well...

I'm sure that the remarks about her being sad because of Marth are partial japes, though.  In reality, whatever sorrow she has is probably a combination of things, like it is for most people who are at least of adolescent age.  I do think a missing sister would be more significant a woe than unrequited love, though.

9 minutes ago, Pete-of-the-Forge said:

It's revealed towards the end of Chapter 2 that Est is missing.  It's not much of a spoiler, 'cuz Est is always getting kidnapped or captured.  It's something of a running gag with her and her archetype.  And it's funny too, 'cuz Catria's original sprite doesn't even look like she gives a damn about Est being missing.

In regards to the timeless battle of the Whitewings, I'm throwing my lot in with Catria.  That lady was my MVP in both Shadow Dragon and Mystery.  Plus, blue is my favorite color.

I don't know any Japanese, so I'm glad for the analysis...  I did recognize that the battle skill animations were different from the regular animations, so I knew something was up.  I think that's by far one of the most interesting pillars of modern combat innovations of Echoes.  Skills are no stranger to this series, but there aren't many instances where you get skills you can activate at will, and I don't think there's any FE that had this unique leveling system for weapons.  Black sheep game is still black sheep game.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

Buff men tend to stay buff in their original class & related models. Vaike & Basillio, for instance, use the buff model in every warrior line, i believe.

Fates was dumber in that the default model for the oni savage WAS buff...

They do not stay buff in Awakening as shown by Berserker Vaike having a head too large for his body, along with shoulder pads that are also too big for his noodle body. Muscular builds were handled much better in Fates, at least you could get Berserkers that actually look like Berserkers instead of noodle people.

1 hour ago, Pete-of-the-Forge said:

Did they really give Python a pompadour, or that just speculation from that one low-res sprite? Isn't that a crime or something?

And a theory regarding Nuibaba: magic is supposed to be harmful without a tome, right? Could it also have other adverse effects outside of losing HP, like turning you into Swamp Thing?

Nuibaba's soul was said to be given to Medusa.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

8 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

They do not stay buff in Awakening as shown by Berserker Vaike having a head too large for his body, along with shoulder pads that are also too big for his noodle body. Muscular builds were handled much better in Fates

Nuibaba's soul was said to be given to Medusa.

Awakening did not handle bodies well. I remember my Yarne was a Sorcerer and I tested going to the Summer Scramble... And there he was... Yarne's face and a completely pale body. 

Anyway, I actually do hope Atlas retains his body... ; o;

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Disgusting. Everyone knows Catria's the best one.

My heart says Palla for some reason. But in gameplay, her leads over Catria in bases are nothing compared to Catria's leads in growths.

Now just give us Whitewings Adventures Part 2: Est Discovers a World of Pure Chaos and the Sisters Give It Form, Scientific Law, and Life; and Before Leaving They Leave Behind Three Golden Symbols of their Special Attack

10 hours ago, Thane said:

And she says "What will you do, Child of Destiny?" - pretty sure that's not Zeke, no matter how popular Camus is in Japan.

But yeah, it's Alm in her crystal ball.

I'm just glad it's not Garon

Didn't you know? Garon is the real big bad of Gaiden.

Putting a little life into this dead topic, but I noticed something whilst sifting through this video just a few minutes ago. This might've already been mentioned here but (minor spoilers on playable cast ahead):

Spoiler

58e007275cea6_AlmsSquad13.png.883c0d77a4bb3938e4a95ff94a2d1f3d.png58e00766d3240_CelicasSquad14.png.ffa6cbf0da4167b38b2a59550d9142f3.png

Alm's party has 13 units in it, but he hasn't accessed Luthier's village (and if he has, yet retreated so reinforcements from Desaix's castle are in front of it, Mathilda still hadn't been recruited, as reinforcements would've stopped when Desaix's defeated). With Faye, Alm's party should only be at 11, Luthier being 12th, and Mathilda being 13th. If neither had been recruited, which having Mathilda is impossible at this point anyways, who are the extra 1/2 units?

Celica's party is a little less confusing, but still interesting to note. At the end of Chapter 2, Celica should be at 8 units (Celica, Boey. Mae, Genny, Saber, Valbar, Leon, Kamui), with Chapter 3 adding Palla/Catria, being 9 and 10, Atlas being 11, Jesse 12, Sonya/Deen 13, Est 14, and Nomah 15. As the video continues you can see that Jesse's dungeon is cleared, and Sonya/Deen is defeated. If one assumes Celica has cleared Greith's fortress, the unit number is exactly what it should be, I just thought it's interesting that Celica's squad had cleared it's main goal of Ch3, yet Alm had barely begun. However, this also brings up the questions, "Where does the Masked Knight fit into this? ", "If he does fit in by this point, and Est is recruited in the same location as Sonya/Deen, who is the 14th unit?" and even "Is the Masked Knight playable at all?".

Just a couple things to think about. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

3 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Putting a little life into this dead topic, but I noticed something whilst sifting through this video just a few minutes ago. This might've already been mentioned here but (minor spoilers on playable cast ahead):

Hide contents

58e007275cea6_AlmsSquad13.png.883c0d77a4bb3938e4a95ff94a2d1f3d.png58e00766d3240_CelicasSquad14.png.ffa6cbf0da4167b38b2a59550d9142f3.png

Alm's party has 13 units in it, but he hasn't accessed Luthier's village (and if he has, yet retreated so reinforcements from Desaix's castle are in front of it, Mathilda still hadn't been recruited, as reinforcements would've stopped when Desaix's defeated). With Faye, Alm's party should only be at 11, Luthier being 12th, and Mathilda being 13th. If neither had been recruited, which having Mathilda is impossible at this point anyways, who are the extra 1/2 units?

Celica's party is a little less confusing, but still interesting to note. At the end of Chapter 2, Celica should be at 8 units (Celica, Boey. Mae, Genny, Saber, Valbar, Leon, Kamui), with Chapter 3 adding Palla/Catria, being 9 and 10, Atlas being 11, Jesse 12, Sonya/Deen 13, Est 14, and Nomah 15. As the video continues you can see that Jesse's dungeon is cleared, and Sonya/Deen is defeated. If one assumes Celica has cleared Greith's fortress, the unit number is exactly what it should be, I just thought it's interesting that Celica's squad had cleared it's main goal of Ch3, yet Alm had barely begun. However, this also brings up the questions, "Where does the Masked Knight fit into this? ", "If he does fit in by this point, and Est is recruited in the same location as Sonya/Deen, who is the 14th unit?" and even "Is the Masked Knight playable at all?".

Just a couple things to think about. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

Yeah, I thought the numbers for Alm's party were a bit strange. I just assumed the player retreated back to Zofia Castle before recruiting Delthea to get a good screenshot.

Dunno if the days are consistent though. 14 days have passed, which may not be enough time to go to the end of the map and back for both characters.

Then again, Nintendo can totally break the rules if they want to. Debug tools and all.