New 7 minute video

4 minutes ago, Iridium said:

It does indeed seem like Nuibaba is a girl now. Their spell was Medusa, so there's a little bit of logic behind it, but... yeah, I can't really think of anything else to justify that.

I doubt that Zeke is gone, considering that Gaiden's relevance to Archanea centers almost entirely around him. Even if he's not crucial as a unit, Tatiana is, and he's crucial to her. They're probably just trying to avoid showing him for whatever reason.

Removing him would be like removing Minerva from Shadow Dragon. Yeah, you could make it work I guess, but you'd lose one of the most important subplots and characters in the process.

I don't think Zeke was removed, I'm pretty sure we'll see him in the next or couple of new trailers, screenshots, or footages soon. I totally think he wasn't shown yet.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something has caught my attention. Back in that map in Gaiden, if you had Tatiana rescued, Zeke and his men would switch sides. But in the video, despite showing Tatiana (or at least, who most likely is her), it doesn't look like that event was retained.

In fact, looking at enemy numbers...

Original map had 2 Sorcerers, 9 Paladins, 5 Bow Knights, 2 Gold Knights, and Jerome and Zeke (also Gold Knights). Of them, 3 Bow Knights and 6 Paladins were Zeke's (and thus, switch sides with him), the rest Jerome's.

In the video, unless the remake added more enemies, all generic enemies are accounted for (before using Mila's Turnwheel, there are only 8 Paladins, but you can see the 9th once they're going back through the moves). But Jerome and Zeke aren't seen (I would think at least Jerome would have the boss icon). At the least, Jerome's initial position is between the Sorcerers, but there was no one between them in the video. Maybe they're now both are inside the forts?

So despite having Tatiana, Zeke's men didn't switch sides. So what does this mean? Either only Zeke goes traitor now, or the event is gone altogether and something else has to happen to recruit him. Perhaps leaving him as the only enemy alive or he retreats/bails before the battle starts or now talk to him with Alm/Tatiana right there... or something else? Or perhaps he's no longer found on that map now? Ah, who knows, that would be for until the game is released, most likely.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So with this I think it's safe to assume the website will be updating later this week.

I like the look of Forsyth and Python, even in low quality. Jesse doesn't look quite like I hoped he would (I was hoping for something a little closer to Jack from FF Type-0), but it's not bad. Atlas looks fantastic though, now his base Str stat makes sense!

Careful who you call ugly in middle school because Atlas is d a m n

also I think I saw a bit of what looks to be Matilda (blonde, female, on a horse) for a short bit and

I'm glad both her and Clair have proper leg wear

Also Catria looks gorgeous

IMG_9625.thumb.PNG.db2498eca8a57f2aacf623271e1ed7cc.PNG

here is the screen with most of the characters on Alm's route - I presume Tatiana is the green one, Delthea still has her ginger hair, but who's the female unit below her? Could it be the Rinean character we've heard about recently?

Edited by Hoshidokoala

1 minute ago, Hoshidokoala said:

Delthea still has her ginger hair, but who's the female unit below her?

Delthea is the one on bottom, as she shares her sprite with Mae. The mage above her is likely her brother, Luthier, who shares the male mage sprite with Boey.

4 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Delthea is the one on bottom, as she shares her sprite with Mae. The mage above her is likely her brother, Luthier, who shares the male mage sprite with Boey.

Oh ok, you're right but it looks like the sprites would have been better suited if they swapped them with each other.

YESSSSSS LUTHIER STILL HAS HIS LONG RED LOCKS OF GLORY!

3 hours ago, Sarahtoga104 said:

Yeah we've seen her sprite a couple of times and she has blonde hair (probably to match her brother now) and a headpiece(don't know a word for the metal headband thing she is rocking) so I can't imagine who else that could be.

I believe the headpiece thing is called a circlet.

3 hours ago, Lord Tullus said:

Noo.... ZEKE!  He will be missed.  Seriously.  It would ruin his ending in New Mystery.  Why Remove Zeke?  To make room for some bland-ass Berkut guy who looks to be as generic a villian as Caelach?  

Also, is that Really Nuibaba?  Really?  Because they wouldn't have just changed his sex, would they?

Lastly, Catria looks Gorgeous, Atlas looks like he's holding up the world with his muscles, and to top it all off....

Hide contents

It's Cain.

Your pun wasn't wasted.

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Atlas the Barbarian 

702f33c455f4481b184fe950fb1bc4be.png

Confirmed using again.

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

Careful who you call ugly in middle school because Atlas is d a m n

Thought these two quotes would be relevant. Seriously, I think this may be the most radical redesign so far. Going from big brother to daddy material. Not even sorry I said that. This is what my life has come to.

14 minutes ago, Hoshidokoala said:

Oh ok, you're right but it looks like the sprites would have been better suited if they swapped them with each other.

Don't question Luthier's luscious locks.

Great to see more stuff about the game, even if I don't understand anything that's being said. Looks like Anna's still a no-show, which is a let-down. Since Gaiden is the only game to not have her in some capacity, this'd have been the perfect place to bring her back. Alas...

21 minutes ago, Crisstian said:

Omg The Dread Fighter design is really really bad. What is that red circle thing on the back? destroys the entire game for me -.-

Sure it looks ridiculous, but so did Cavalier and Fighter panties in Fates - this game looks so promising so I don't see why a certain class design would ruin your experience with the game?

Guys, I think we should stop worrying about Zeke not being in the game or similar stuff. The fact he wasn't shown in the trailer doesn't mean he won't be there (also, the Whitewings are present, so why not Zeke). I think we have enough proof they're not removing anything or anyone, just adding when needed.

And I'm ok with every design choice we've seen so far. Really looking forward to this game.

Video was amazing.

Currently analysing it, but I thought I'd point out that Berkut appears as both a Paladin (in the Cavalier explanation sequence) and Gold Knight enemy (with Fernand). So he's a recurring boss.

Iron Shield grants Shove, which does what it usually does.

Golden Dagger grants Power of Abundance (absorb HP and Hit +10) and Earth's Blessing.

I think those are the only new tidbits, beyond some skill names.

Gonna start writing up that analysis now.

3 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

Guys, I think we should stop worrying about Zeke not being in the game or similar stuff. The fact he wasn't shown in the trailer doesn't mean he won't be there (also, the Whitewings are present, so why not Zeke). I think we have enough proof they're not removing anything or anyone, just adding when needed.

B-but Anna... ;^;

@VincentASM Please find what I need in your analysis. I will love you forever. <3

That said, I appreciate any new details anyone can dig up here. I'm not at all acquainted with Gaiden, so every piece of info here is new to me.

13 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

B-but Anna... ;^;

I'm still hoping for Anna to make some sort of appearance, even if she is not a playable character. Maybe she'll be the one in charge for forging weapons?