New 7 minute video

This popped up in my recommendations right when I was about to go to bed.
My thoughts then: "Yeah Catria!/10"

Now, while re-watching:
What is the piece that plays at the start of the trailer?
The piece that kicks in after about a minute sounds like a late-game theme for Alm's side (haven't heard much of Gaiden's OST, but it sounds like a weary, desperate remix of Alm's earlier battle theme coupled with his late-game map theme)
They're kinda pushing Kliff, what with showing him in every class (probably thinking he's going to be popular). What it does confirm is that the villagers keep a unique pallet in whatever class they go into.
That final theme that plays before the FE theme-- what is it? I must now.

And dang. The 3rd tier classes like badass. Especially the Dread Fighter (or should it be "badess"?).

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

This popped up in my recommendations right when I was about to go to bed.

Now, while re-watching:
The piece that kicks in after about a minute sounds like a late-game theme for Alm's side (haven't heard much of Gaiden's OST, but it sounds like a weary, desperate remix of Alm's earlier battle theme coupled with his late-game map theme)
They're kinda pushing Kliff, what with showing him in every class (probably thinking he's going to be popular). What it does confirm is that the villagers keep a unique pallet in whatever class they go into.
That final theme that plays before the FE theme-- what is it? I must now.

alm's maps only have two songs, the regular one and the one when you've almost won, which is basically just the regular one in a different key

that song is probably an original one

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Exactly my thoughts.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

1 minute ago, unique said:

alm's maps only have two songs, the regular one and the one when you've almost won, which is basically just the regular one in a different key

that song is probably an original one

I may be wrong, but I think it's a heavily remixed version of Alm Map 2. Later you can hear the Encounter theme and what seems to be an amazingly rearranged version of Celica Map 2.

Considering that this game is expanding a lot on the original Gaiden and fleshing it out, I imagine new songs are not out of the equation. The original could only have so many, but Fates had over 100. Don't see why they couldn't make some new songs for Gaiden.

26 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

My analysis

Hope it's useful!

It was awesome, thanks!

If I can get some clarification on:
Each character can equip one weapon, shield, accessory or provision.

Does that mean a character can have a weapon, shield & accessory, (or weapon, shield & provision), or does it mean that they can have only 1 equip at a time (weapon or shield or accessory or provision)

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

It was awesome, thanks!

If I can get some clarification on:
Each character can equip one weapon, shield, accessory or provision.

Does that mean a character can have a weapon, shield & accessory, (or weapon, shield & provision), or does it mean that they can have only 1 equip at a time (weapon or shield or accessory or provision)

You can only have one thing equipped at a time. If what you have equipped is not a weapon, they get a generic weapon just called Sword, Lance and Bow.

Just now, Azz said:

You can only have one thing equipped at a time. If what you have equipped is not a weapon, they get a generic weapon just called Sword, Lance and Bow.

Right, so then they kept it like the original Gaiden, which I am thankful for. It makes choices all the more important!

Perhaps that's the real reason behind fatigue; you can keep using a better character more often, but only if they sacrifice an equip for food. I like it.

8 hours ago, Leif said:

58db1caa558a0_ScreenShot2017-03-28at7_31_28PM.png.f68af254fbe26599aa7a0b529e788b45.png

I still can't get over this. Why did you bone the sage design so hard IS? 

Am I the only one who is angry about this? most likely

Look at the original sage design. It didn't have a bloody dress.

58db1d9225478_ScreenShot2017-03-28at7_35_41PM.png.919ad6519905e207fcbf38302610cf7a.png

Maybe they're just basing it off Nomah, like how Sages in FE7 are pretty much Pent. But I agree, it does look kind of bulky.

Other comments: I can glean from that little tiny sprite that Luthier still has his ponytail. I'm not a fan of Jesse as he looks like something straight out of Captain Planet or some other 90s cartoon... or Arthur, but Atlas looks cool. He kind of reminds me of Galzus. Catria looks sad, possibly forlorn over being so far from Marth.

All in all, I have to really stop clicking on those hidden comments. I'd like to not have the whole plot spoiled for me before the game comes out.

I love how everyone mentions that Catria is sad on the art we saw on the video, but they all say it is because Marth instead of ever considering that is because her little sister has been kidnapped and doesn't even know where he is or if she is still doing well...

Edited by Vier Mill

This looks awesome. 

Third tiers are confirmed, looks like I was wrong on my prediction that they would be gone.

I like all the redisings. Atlas is a daddy.

Headcanon: Nuibaba suffers from the same condition as Tesseract from the fifth Skulduggery Pleasant book. The mask injects her with magical medicine that keeps her face from rotting off.

9 hours ago, Hoshidokoala said:

Sure it looks ridiculous, but so did Cavalier and Fighter panties in Fates - this game looks so promising so I don't see why a certain class design would ruin your experience with the game?

He's being hyperbolic for the lulz.

Mila's Turnwheel is such an awkward name, but being able to rewind a turn and thus able to reduce the number of resets sounds very useful in the right situation.

The new artwork looks great as usual. Atlas looks like he stole a fighter's clothes but it works for him, Catria looks like Catria except more serious (and I'm happy to see her over Est), and Jesse looks like he's going to be comic relief. Judah looks so obviously evil it'd make Garon jealous, Nuibaba is a woman now for some reason, Mycen looks about how I'd expect him to, and Mystery Man, he is a CHAR.

Needs more Palla, she is clearly the best Whitewing sister.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Disgusting. Everyone knows Catria's the best one...

....ex aequo with Est.

Nuibaba was clearly wearing a leather mask on Gaiden.

Now one looks like that normally, unless a terrible accident happens.

I Wonder if we'll still have the out of place narration around this part (It was the only time it happened. Everything else was through dialogues)

9 hours ago, mikethepokemaster said:

Catria design to me is ugly I like her Heroes design best.

Super late with this reply but I like this one because of how much more mature she looks in this design. Heroes design is good too, but I feel like Amagaitaro (the artist) did less with her than the other characters he/she did, mainly Nino.

31 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Super late with this reply but I like this one because of how much more mature she looks in this design. Heroes design is good too, but I feel like Amagaitaro (the artist) did less with her than the other characters he/she did, mainly Nino.

I get what your saying but is Catria suppose to be like 18 or 19 here she look like about 25 heroes she look about 18 or 19 years old. Heroes design of her is simple but real pretty :)

13 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

Zeke is in the trailer, look in nuibaba's crystal ball.

I'm pretty sure that's Alm; the shape of the armor and his hairstyle are the same.

1 minute ago, AzureSen said:

I'm pretty sure that's Alm; the shape of the armor and his hairstyle are the same.

Looks like Zeke to me. In Gaiden, Nuibaba was blackmailing Zeke by threatening Tatiana. It makes sense that Nuibaba would be watching Zeke to make sure he was being obedient.

15 minutes ago, mikethepokemaster said:

I get what your saying but is Catria suppose to be like 18 or 19 here she look like about 25 heroes she look about 18 or 19 years old. Heroes design of her is simple but real pretty :)

Eh. Fair enough. I still love Catria in all her designs.

3 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

And she says "What will you do, Child of Destiny?" - pretty sure that's not Zeke, no matter how popular Camus is in Japan.

But yeah, it's Alm in her crystal ball.

I'm just glad it's not Garon