ciarre's art thread

Ciarre

Because the new forum update kinda destroyed my spoiler tags and I also want a fresh start.

here's some watercolors lol

longing_for_the_lights_by_truebladed-db3

v8jYy8w.jpg

6cJA94E.jpg

Meanings:

1. The safety of being trapped inside, away from the beauty and danger of the outside.

2. A representation of freedom, a dream like world where there are no worries. This is what I imagine an "escape" from suffering would be like.
3. The queen of spades gives 13 points in a game of hearts, but the number 13 is also the tarot for death. When death is reversed, it symbolizes resistance to change. My intention was that the queen (or a ruler figure in general) is content to rule and enforces the status quo, ignoring the outcry from the people. In the face of the political climate in the US today, I thought this was pretty appropriate.

Edited by Ciarre

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, also if you need to chat to someone about anything just hit me up sometime. 

Perhaps you'll get that Golden escape you want.

thanks!

more watercolors! I wanted some sort of a sacrifice vs freedom vibe here but other than that I don't know where I was going with the theme

Spoiler

htWiPb3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

>my research PI is in Florida and my grad student is nowhere to be seen

We were in the middle of doing some western blots and brain sectioning and the we were letting the samples incubate for like 2 hours. So I was trying to get a better grasp on western blotting and then my grad student just... disappeared. So this happened. Rip lab notebook

DCTT0cKU0AAizkb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I caved and made a BNHA OC. she's a tired construction worker who wants villains to Get Off Her Lawn. will bludgeon them with a brick if they keep messing up her stuff

DEWRFTuXsAAfG5R.jpg

Edited by Ciarre