Should Jagens be gone for the next FE game?

Harvey

10 minutes ago, Harvey said:

He's still a useful character till the end though. I can't say for Thracia since I haven't played it but for Holy War, he's the only unit that comes in both gens and depending on what you do with him in first gen, he can still be useful regardless.

As for thracia, I think he's still needed to capture units correct?

Story wise, idk if he fits the Jaigen role seeing as how he raised Leif when his parents were killed...can't say I know of a Jaigen that did the same.

Jagen himself(Shadow Dragon pretty much implies this). Even if you didn't count that, Oifey clearly does that.

WRT his playability, i don't how him being good at capturing excuses him from not being a Jeigan. Dagda is considered a Jeigan for the exact same reason, and they are both useful till the end. Their falling point is actually at the same time span - Dagda and Finn are both losing their luster once the game entered the phase where Staff runs the game.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4.4.2017 at 2:49 AM, boarbaque said:

I wish charge worked like it did in TRS where it was a prebattle command you could only use on player phase

Using skills on command (with a SP stat) is sth. I'd like to see in FE.

Also will Dagda have the same equipment in 8x as he had when he left in chapter 3?
Some vulneraries could increase his durability.

6 hours ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Using skills on command (with a SP stat) is sth. I'd like to see in FE.

Also will Dagda have the same equipment in 8x as he had when he left in chapter 3?
Some vulneraries could increase his durability.

Yes. You should also give Tanya a vulnerary

(I apologize if somebody has already mentioned this, but) I'm pretty sure that without Jagens, there's a limit on the difficulty of the game. Usually, on the highest difficulties, enemies are way too strong (esp early chapters) to clear without your resident Jagen/Oifrey.

I suppose you *could* technically mean ditching Jagens in favor of Oifreys, but I don't really like that idea either.

Jeigans are good, and even necessary, though I prefer when they can still keep up into endgame.

I'd like more "old veteran" characters who aren't Jeigan archetypes, though, with stat growths on-par with the young'uns. Sometimes you can teach an old dog new tricks.

We kinda got that with Basilio and Walhart in Awakening and Yukimura in Fates, being older men, but they join too late for it to really be noticeable, and Walhart's already capped his stats anyway. I want someone who joins earlier and isn't a prepromote.

Edited by Anomalocaris

You know Arran being terminally ill was actually a nice break in the archetype of Jeigans being old. It was kind of tragic but also really courageous that he was fighting despite it. An interesting route to go with a preestablished (but ultimately pretty uninteresting) character too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/3/2017 at 10:28 AM, General Horace said:

Most Jeigans are among the best units in their respective games.  Rev!Gunter and maybe FE3!Arran are the only ones that are mediocre to bad units, which units like Seth and FE9!Titania are among the strongest units in the series.

The lack of "Jeigans" in Revl is given by the fact that you do not need him. Period. Even at lunatic, Revl Gunter has no utility at all. I did not appreciate the fact that he did not have any supports at all, that FROM THE BEGINNING makes you understand there is something going on.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if Jaegans are made more like Titania or Seth they should stay. Fredrick and Gunter's stats though were awful! It was ridiculous. Another way to do it would be make them like Nolan, he is basically the Jaegan but you also don't feel like you shouldn't use him either which is a problem with Jaegans in general.

6 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

I think if Jaegans are made more like Titania or Seth they should stay. Fredrick and Gunter's stats though were awful! It was ridiculous. Another way to do it would be make them like Nolan, he is basically the Jaegan but you also don't feel like you shouldn't use him either which is a problem with Jaegans in general.

Nolan wasn't a Jaegan at all. He had plenty of weakness and the same base tier as everyone else. So the was the Jaegan of the Dawn Brigade.

On 4/7/2017 at 11:53 PM, Jotari said:

You know Arran being terminally ill was actually a nice break in the archetype of Jeigans being old. It was kind of tragic but also really courageous that he was fighting despite it. An interesting route to go with a preestablished (but ultimately pretty uninteresting) character too.

I actually really appreciated this too. I don't often choose Arran over Samson, but I loved what they did with him in book 2 (and Samson for that matter).