Gameplay desires?

On 4/1/2017 at 4:03 PM, vanguard333 said:

One idea I just thought of: a different take on shields. Like in Gaiden, shields would provide a boost to defence and, depending on the shield, other stats as well. But, unlike Gaiden, a unit can equip a weapon and a shield at the same time. For gameplay balance and for a little bit of realism, a variation of the weight system would also return. Both weapons and shields would have a certain amount of weight, and a unit cannot equip a weapon/shield combo that exceeds a certain weight (this maximum varying based either on the character, strength, or being a fixed number for all). This would prevent a unit from, for example, equipping a giant zweihander-length sword and a big shield at the same time. Also, certain weapons would be so heavy that no unit can use both it and a shield at the same time.

I also hope light magic makes a return as well as varied map objectives.

I would love this a lot. I've also been wanting light magic to return for a while.

On 3/30/2017 at 9:06 PM, FoxyGrandpa said:

I have a lot of gameplay features that I would love in Fire emblem switch

-Trinity of Magic needs to be re-added.

-Class changing should be reverted to its Shadow Dragon incarnation with a greater variety of class sets than just 2

-Give the player a fully 3D base to explore, expand on Fates's my castle by giving the player a few minigames to do in order to Forge weapons, cook, etc.

-Allow any player unit to wield legendary weapons

-Allow for skirmishes with overworld enemies, make it plot relevant by allowing the player to recruit a handful of characters via these skirmishes (Similar to recruiting Chulainn in Genealogy of the Holy War)

-Dismount feature for mounted classes, only it isn't a complete down grade, stats such as Speed, skill, and luck increase, while strength, Defense, and resistance are lowered. Allow characters to wield one weapon that they have the highest proficiency in

-new Online modes that allow players to work together in a set of predetermined maps (With around 10 predetermined maps with varied objectives) Allow for wireless coop so that friends can play these maps together

-Make a unique 2 player mode for the single player campaign, where various units are assigned to each controller.

-If weapon durability returns, allow weapons to be repaired for a price

-Give each character their own personal budget and weapons, allow for only one weapon to be traded to another unit at a time. From what I've played of FE4, this system gives each character a bit of personality

-Increase possible levels of support from 3 to 5

-Remove restrictive weapon ranks

-Give the player some dungeons to explore

-Make it so that all magical attacks deplete a set number of hp per use

-agreed

-if the skill system was how it was in fates/awakening then I'd prefer the class change system of fates but not have it restricted to only two people.

-agreed

-agreed

-agreed

-agreed

-agreed

-agreed

-agreed

-agreed

-maybe

-maybe; I feel like there should be some penalty for using higher ranked weapons that aren't "in your rank." if you're talking about weapons that only one person can use, I agree, that should be gone

-agreed

-maybe, I want magic classes (and mag and res stats) to be more powerful but they will always be able to attack from a distance, so I could see this happening.