What classes are you going to make the Villagers?

Villager Class Poll  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Tobin

2. 2. Grey

3. 3. Kliff

4. 4. Faye

5. 5. Atlus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol honestly I don't care about stats, skills or anything related, I just wanted to choose classes that I thought would be fitting for the character based off the artwork.

• Tobin -> Mercenary (Tobin seems like a basic-b, which screams mercenary to me lol)
  • Grey -> Archer (I dunno why, but I get archer vibes from Grey)
  • Kliff -> Mage (His whole demeanor and style reminds me of mages from other games, so I feel like it's fitting for him here)
  • Faye -> Pegasus Knight (If not this class, then Cavalier. I feel like she's just perfect for this class though)
  • Atlus -> Mercenary (Closest thing I feel like I can get to a "barbarian-esque" class, lmao)
Edited by SuperIb

Kliff, being innately more magically blessed, makes a good mage.

While we have yet to see Faye's growths or stats, Pegasi were ridiculous in Gaiden, so having another always helps.

Grey and Atlas have great strength(REALLY great for Atlas), but need help with skill and speed(Though Grey seems to have gotten a considerable buff that actually makes him one of the fastest units. Atlas is still probably going to be slower than Slingblade on a tractor.). Mercenary's bases buff these considerable.

Tobin Archer because idgaf about Tobin or Archers. Match made in "bleh"ven.

Edited by Slumber

35 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Kliff, being innately more magically blessed, makes a good mage.

While we have yet to see Faye's growths or stats, Pegasi were ridiculous in Gaiden, so having another always helps.

Grey and Atlas have great strength(REALLY great for Atlas), but need help with skill and speed(Though Grey seems to have gotten a considerable buff that actually makes him one of the fastest units. Atlas is still probably going to be slower than Slingblade on a tractor.). Mercenary's bases buff these considerable.

Tobin Archer because idgaf about Tobin or Archers. Match made in "bleh"ven.

Kliff is pretty much great at any class in the original.

Pegasi were also the only class not slowed by desert tiles.

Almost everyone is decent as an archer in Gaiden, even Tobin, the worst of the villagers.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Kliff: Mage.  He's the best villager.  Maybe (Fayebe) his sister will do well in that regard also.  (But I wouldn't count on it)

Robin/Tobin: Archer?  PFFFT!  You guys....  Are you really going with that old Shtick?  Sure, he's great as an archer.... but Mercenary is where he really shines.  Speed is all that matters.

Grey:  Just to make things even, He's gonna be an Archer.  Has more strength than Robin, and you don't need to have skill when the holy bow lies within the fear shrine.  Well, once alm Promotes Any archer on Alm's side will be outclassed, but hey, why not?

Fayeliur: She's gonna be a pegesus knight.  Sadly, you probably can't recruit Clive with Celica like in the original (it was just too funny to not do) so Extra Falcon knights on Alm's side will make it almost like you have Palla and Catria light.  Except not.  No one is better than Palla and/or Catria, so....  Sucks to be you Faye.  You garbage Alm stalker.

Atlas:  His redesign makes him look like he's a God.  Probably holding the world in place with those swole Muscles.  Mr. Universe?  With those pecs, he'll be Mr. Multiverse!  (I'll stop)  So, I'm making him a mage, despite my love for Boey.  Why?  Hit rates are based on magic spell hitrates, so skill isn't worth sh*t on him.  Speed and Defense can be fixed if the Quick Ring or Dragon Sheild are still in the game.  So with his sick magic stat, He'll be a force to be reckoned with.

I wonder if Traders are still a thing.  Hope they give us their boots.

All mages, all the time. 

In all seriousness I will probably go for a good balance between the characters I know already have a set class, like Luka. At least 1 mage, 1 Cav, another soldier, and an Archer. Also a Mercenary. I am waiting for its Japanese release for any concrete decisions. I will get a good idea of what the game is like after that.

Just taught I'd post this here so OP could update the poll.

Spoiler

XDx71lJ.png

EDIT: Forgot to source the image woops.

EDIT 2: Sorry but something fucked up and now I can't cut this giant wall of text or put it into a spoiler. Sorry.

Edited by Azz

17 minutes ago, Azz said:

Just taught I'd post this here so OP could update the poll.

Hide contents

XDx71lJ.png

Yeah sadly it looks like no Archer, Soldier, or (most sad of all) Mercenary for Faye. In exchange she gets Peg Knight, which we knew, and Cleric, which some people guessed.

This probably confirms that no female Archers, Soldiers, or Mercenaries are going to be added in the game, as that would leave too many models to be made JUST for Faye (and then they may not even be used). Sad, but logical. Saves a lot of unnecessary work.

But having a second Cleric early on is interesting. I wonder when Faye learns Invoke just what sort of summons she'll have. Silque and Tatiana have Dread Fighters and Peg Knights, so you really don't need more than that. Having ANOTHER Warp User, though, and perhaps Physic and Fortify would still be VERY good.

Since Merc isn't option I'll probably be making her a Peg Knight. Her base speed seems to be uh...pretty low, compared to her base Str (she would have LOVED to be a Mercenary gdi). But her base Def is also not great, so she'll likely be better off with the speed boosts from Peg Knight than as a Cav. Granted Cav is still good. But now I'm really curious about what spells she'd learn as a mage (though Alm doesn't really need another mage) and how good of a support/healer she could make.

rip female Dread Fighter tho bois.

Just now, Titamon said:

Really no female archers IS?

The class selection for this game is really lacking

Well, it makes sense.

I mean by the looks of it they weren't adding any new female mercs, archers or soldiers and to give Faye these classes and for them to potentially go unused at all, well to put it bluntly, would be a waste of time and effort making models for her.

Went and edited the poll for Faye. On top of the now wasted votes (please fix the polling option), the site lagged and I ended up accidentally deleting her Mage option. Sorry for that.

Edited by The DanMan

Well, in light of Faye's promotions being so limited, here's mine.

Kliff - Mage, because you don't mess with perfection

Tobin - Archer, because I'm a sucker for peer pressure and having a Gaiden Archer early, especially with Tobin's skill

Gray - Mercenary, because he needs that speed

Faye - Pegasus Knight, because you can't have too many winged pony riders in Valentia.

Atlas - Mercenary or Cavalier, Celica needs cavs...but Mercenary suits Atlas' needs so much.

Edited by Persoon56
Forgot about Faye

On 30/3/2017 at 8:45 PM, Azz said:

Well, it makes sense.

I mean by the looks of it they weren't adding any new female mercs, archers or soldiers and to give Faye these classes and for them to potentially go unused at all, well to put it bluntly, would be a waste of time and effort making models for her.

They should have made Faye a tomboy and just give her male models instead...

It's a shame that there are so many Mercs and other Sword users on Celica's route, because Atlas is only really usable in Gaiden with that instant boost to Speed Merc provides, and even then he has stiff competition for weapons from Kamui, Saber, Jesse, possibly Dean, Celica and hell, maybe even promoted Mae and Sonia.

... I kind of realized that there's no longer Str/Mag. :o

Probably a Cavalier/Mercenary/Mage/Archer/Cleric for my first run because I'm boring.
Though I could be even more boring by putting 2 Cavaliers (Or Two Mercs), 2 archers and 1 Cleric.
I'm not too hot about having a Pegasus Knight, especially since I can have a healer instead.

Edited by B.Leu

5 hours ago, B.Leu said:

... I kind of realized that there's no longer Str/Mag. :o

Probably a Cavalier/Mercenary/Mage/Archer/Cleric for my first run because I'm boring.
Though I could be even more boring by putting 2 Cavaliers (Or Two Mercs), 2 archers and 1 Cleric.
I'm not too hot about having a Pegasus Knight, especially since I can have a healer instead.

There never was Str/Mag split originally. And they stay really close to the original stat wise.

I'm going with the popular option for Grey, Tobin and Cliff with Atlas as a Cavalier (Celica's route is lacking in these) and Faye as a Cleric (second healer early on and the Again spell for the lategame)

I might switch Tobin and Grey arround depending on the availability of the Zweihander, the skills on that thing just scream for a unit with a high skill stat.

Edited by HyperBowser