Creating Supports for New Characters in FE7

nightgale

Background: I am adding 4 new characters to vanilla Fire Emblem 7 and am replacing Citizen characters at (0xCE, 0xD3, 0xD5, and 0xD6 - I don't think these are used characters.). Of course these characters need supports as without them they are empty shells; therefore, I am repointing the Support Convo Availability Editor, Support Compatibility Editor, and the Support Ending Editor.

Question on Support Ending Editor: I noticed the Support Ending Editor has slots for Eliwood Mode Ending and Hector Mode Ending and they are separated by two NOT TO BE EDITED. In order to add ending for these 4 characters, do I need to add similar ending to both Eliwood Mode and Hector Mode? When I increase the number of Support Endings Available, do I need to offset the entirety of Hector Mode Endings as well as the NOT TO BE EDITED to squeeze in these character endings for Eliwood Mode? Do I need to insert the new character ending before the two NOT TO BE EDITED?

Confirming Steps on Process: Also, I am trying to list out everything that needs to be repointed to get these characters functioning in game. Can anyone think of anything else that needs to be repointed to get these 4 characters working?

• Repoint Death Quotes
  • Repoint Support Compatibility
  • Repoint Character Endings
  • Repoint Character Palettes
  • Repoint Final Chapter to add in Final Battle Quotes

Edited by nightgale

I have played around a lot with trying to add unused characters at 0xCE, 0xD3, 0xD5, and 0xD6, but am not getting anywhere when it comes to support conversations.

For example, I want the character at 0xD3 to support Ninian. I update the Support compatibility and Support availability editors appropriately, but when I go in-game, the new support does not appear in list of support option Ninian has. This is even true when I tried replacing Florina's support with the 0xD3 character's support.

I even updated the support data pointer in the character editor for 0xD3 character with the exact location I found in the hex editor. Still, nothing. I also tried working with Paul/Jasmine's support instead to see if I can get them working, but again, bupkis.

Can anyone suggest a new approach I should take? Has anyone done something similar before? I am just looking for any ideas.

Thanks