What would YOU have done for Spring Festival?

MaskedAmpharos

They should have a second banner for new character.

Throw two banners up there. nuff said.

Afterall; easter banner is like what... 1 month? nvm 2 weeks

that being said. Xander, Camilla, Lucina, Chrom are a good business move. Because they are popular character => $$$

Ike tooooo but we'll see.

Edited by Ryuke

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace Camilla with Elise, and give her something kinda like what Maribelle wears.  She's on a mount, so a poofy dress wouldn't work.

Give Lucina a really poofy blue dress to replace the skimpy one.  

They missed a golden opportunity here by not having Yarne be the easter bunny and mascot of this event. It would have been a hilarious way to introduce beast shapeshifters. From there they could slowly introduce more of them alongside the other heroes.

Aside from that... I would have liked the method of attaining these limited-time characters to not be reliant on the RNG. That's just a recipe for frustration. Maybe participating in specific event related content and quests could reward you with currency which you could then use to unlock the character you like? It would be a fairer system, but I can understand why they'd decide against it. It would be much less lucrative for sure.

In regards to the costumes we got, I'm not all that put out. They seem like they were designed to be silly and comical, which I'm fine with. A bit of camp humor every now and then can be a nice change of pace. Seriously, if you don't love Fabulous!Xander then frankly, I don't love you. The fanservice on the two female characters is a more understandable complaint, but neither of these costumes even come close to being as fanservice heavy as Tharja's ridiculous default outfit so I didn't find them especially jarring.

While I don't care much for the theme, the only thing I would change is replacing Chrom with someone else. I feel Chrom with his bunny ears takes away some of his masculinity, especially after the epic bromance and craziness that went down with Ephraim during the Voting Gauntlet. Laslow or Inigo would make some more sense, but I can see Chrom throwing caution to the wind and simply enjoy the Spring Festival regardless of how he looks like. (I don't see Xander dressing up either, but I am not that invested in him to complain about it.)

Besides that, I remain indifferent to the event. Lucina and Camilla look nice while Chrom and Xander are dressed for the occasion. However, while I do like these characters (Lucina being my favorite one of the four), they are not "must-haves" characters that I would go crazy for.

If I could make one request, it be that a "normal Focus" takes place during this time period. The "Spring Festival" can be the "bonus Focus," like they did with the Princes and Princesses banner during the Voting Gauntlet. Now granted, this may still happen, but nothing's confirmed yet.

Edited by Sire

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this. I mean, there's also Michalis who is guaranteed to be a arena bonus unit too, but not everyone wanted him either, I'm sure. I wouldn't want to be forced to roll for these characters just for an arena bonus, especially when they will no longer be available after the focus is over. These are Easter-themed characters, it wouldn't make sense to have them around when it's summer, fall, or winter.

The characters aren't going to disappear from your roster after a while if you get them; it's just that they won't be added to the regular summon lineup like the other focuses are.

Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The characters aren't going to disappear from your roster after a while if you get them; it's just that they won't be added to the regular summon lineup like the other focuses are.

Duh, but they will disappear from the summoning pool, meaning if you didn't summon them while they were available, you won't ever get another chance until next year.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, it's not something remotely likely in any ways, but if it was up to me... I would have put Tormud, Muarim, Vika and bonus Stefan on a "spring celebration" banner. No silly costumes.

Edited by salinea

It just feels like this is too early for costumed versions of character. I'dd rather them boost the hero diversity first. I mean technically they are different with other weapons and likely completely different stats and skills but damn the unrepresented fire emblem cast is still HUGE!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this. I mean, there's also Michalis who is guaranteed to be a arena bonus unit too, but not everyone wanted him either, I'm sure. I wouldn't want to be forced to roll for these characters just for an arena bonus, especially when they will no longer be available after the focus is over. These are Easter-themed characters, it wouldn't make sense to have them around when it's summer, fall, or winter.

While I agree that the Easter characters shouldn't be Arena Bonuses, you're kind of missing the point of Gachapon here. Heroes is basically a marketing machine. The whole point of Bonus Heroes is to entice players to buy Orbs to roll so the game can continue to be profitable. If getting Focus Heroes wasn't rewarding for players, there'd be little point in getting characters other than your favourites.

3 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

While I agree that the Easter characters shouldn't be Arena Bonuses, you're kind of missing the point of Gachapon here. Heroes is basically a marketing machine. The whole point of Bonus Heroes is to entice players to buy Orbs to roll so the game can continue to be profitable. If getting Focus Heroes wasn't rewarding for players, there'd be little point in getting characters other than your favourites.

It's not simply a marketing machine. It CAN help with marketing, but it should not be treated solely as that. It's a game for people to enjoy first and foremost. If you're adding things to it that a lot of people don't like, that's hurting the game. And it seems like people are quite split on these bunny outfits.

And the point of the game is try rolling your favorite characters/characters you like, isn't it?

Edited by Anacybele

If we really must have different versions of a character... as a boring person I would have made some boring costumes somehow tied to the games. On a whim, speaking of the 4 characters involved: Exalt Chrom (aged a little, mounted, spear), Princess Lucina (the grow up baby Lucina from Awakening, no terrible future could mean something Emmeryn-like or actually anything), King Xander (Bolverk Axe) and actually Camilla as a flying magic user seems great.

In the end the fact that I dislike bunnies is a good thing, I'll hit the next focus with a massive amount of orbs.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not simply a marketing machine. It CAN help with marketing, but it should not be treated solely as that. It's a game for people to enjoy first and foremost. If you're adding things to it that a lot of people don't like, that's hurting the game. And it seems like people are quite split on these bunny outfits.

And the point of the game is try rolling your favorite characters/characters you like, isn't it?

Er, wut? It's precisely the opposite. Video games are supposed to be fun to get people to buy them. No matter how much Nintendo tells you they are all about bringing fun to the masses, at the end of the day they are a company that needs to make money to continue to exist. First and foremost, Heroes is a marketing machine, with the appeal of getting one's favourite characters being just another aspect of getting players to spend orbs. Why do you think things like Rarity exist in the game? From the player's perspective, yeah, they're playing the game because it's fun or they want to roll their favourite characters, but Nintendo wouldn't put out a game like this unless they can gain from it, which is what they are doing with Bonus Heroes and Event Heroes. If the Bonus Heroes in the Arena always stayed the same, what'd be the point in rolling for more?

4 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

Er, wut? It's precisely the opposite. Video games are supposed to be fun to get people to buy them. No matter how much Nintendo tells you they are all about bringing fun to the masses, at the end of the day they are a company that needs to make money to continue to exist. First and foremost, Heroes is a marketing machine, with the appeal of getting one's favourite characters being just another aspect of getting players to spend orbs. Why do you think things like Rarity exist in the game? From the player's perspective, yeah, they're playing the game because it's fun or they want to roll their favourite characters, but Nintendo wouldn't put out a game like this unless they can gain from it, which is what they are doing with Bonus Heroes and Event Heroes. If the Bonus Heroes in the Arena always stayed the same, what'd be the point in rolling for more?

lol wut? Sorry, I very much disagree.

And I never said anything about needing rarity or for bonus heroes or event heroes to stay the same, that's stupid and would just make the game stale after awhile. It is a game first and foremost and any changes or additions added to it are to keep people playing it, not to market anything.

If it's supposed to market something, what is it marketing? Not any FE games, because none of the characters in the game have an upcoming FE game to market. No Gaiden characters are in it, so it isn't marketing Echoes (although it would kind of be marketing the game when it does get Alm and Celica and all, but it's still a secondary use for Heroes).

Edited by Anacybele

It's Binding Blade's 15th anniversary, so I would've tied the promotion in with that and had Easter versions of Binding Blade characters.

Maybe one of each color? Something like Red Carrot Sword Roy, Blue Egg Lilina, and Colorless Easter Basket-on-a-Stick (Staff) Elffin, in bunny costumes… and Green Dragon Egg Fae in a bunny kigurumi.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If it's supposed to market something, what is it marketing?

You ever wondered why the majority of Heroes characters are from 3DS games?

Edited by InfinityAlex

3 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

You ever wondered why the majority of Heroes characters are from 3DS games?

Because they're the newest and most popular? They don't need more marketing when they're already loved by so many.

Edited by Anacybele

I would have done a cherry blossom festival themed spring event with the characters in the event in Kimonos and I just really like cherry blossom festivals.  Sorry but I don't like the bunny costumes at all.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Because they're the newest and most popular? They don't need marketing when they're already loved by so many.

Exactly, because they're newest. Nintendo wants to market their most recent games to potential customers.

I would have done a back to school theme starting on April 20th. It would go over our heads here in the west but we wouldn't care because school outfits and glasses :wub:

Weapons would include umbrellas, textbooks in place of tomes, and kendo shinai. Maybe theme some clothing around school sports or clubs. The one character that would have to be included in this theme is definitely Sakura. Her own name suggests imagery of this very season.

Edited by Gustavos

I think Chrom and Xander look stupid, not to mention Xander getting his first release with the joke Easter outfit before we even get his normal version is weird. Lucina is fine I guess, though I personally have no real interest in bunny girl outfits so I'd much rather have a normal Lucina than this one. Camilla looks alright, but I'm more interested in her for being a ranged flier than her new costume. I prefer her regular one.

I don't even find the female costumes especially sexual. Yeah, Camilla has her big boobs in the bunny outfit, but that's just how Camilla is, even in her normal design. And Lucina's too flat to even pull off a bunny outfit like that.

Edit: I agree Panne and Yarne would have been a cool to introduce for the event instead. And maybe some other animal characters to go along with them, like Velouria and Keaton, to round out enough for a banner.

Edited by Alkaid

10 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

Exactly, because they're newest. Nintendo wants to market their most recent games to potential customers.

Right, fair enough, but that's still just a secondary use of the game. If that was its primary use, wouldn't the whole game be 3DS characters and nothing else? Yet we also got Elibe and Archanea in the base game.

Primary thing is a fun game that people could enjoy.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, salinea said:

That's why I'll only mind if they're the main focus banner characters that have to be included in the arena for bonus point.

If they are, then, yeah, the game is actually kind of forcing me to roll for them, actually. I'd have alternatives, but all feather-costly for the equivalent reward in feathers.

I mean... Every arena focus banner after the starting batch has included characters who weren't from the summon focus, so I see no reason why they wouldn't also do that now....?? I've been banking on the GHB characters for every arena focus since Narcian and I've been fine, and if they continue to run GHB characters and include them as Arena bonus characters I see no reason why you should be 'forced' to roll for the easter characters lol. 

EDIT:

1 hour ago, Sire said:

While I don't care much for the theme, the only thing I would change is replacing Chrom with someone else. I feel Chrom with his bunny ears takes away some of his masculinity, especially after the epic bromance and craziness that went down with Ephraim during the Voting Gauntlet. Laslow or Indigo would make some more sense, but I can see Chrom throwing caution to the wind and simply enjoy the Spring Festival regardless of how he looks like. (I don't see Xander dressing up either, but I am not that invested in him to complain about it.)

Besides that, I remain indifferent to the event. Lucina and Camilla look nice while Chrom and Xander are dressed for the occasion. However, while I do like these characters (Lucina being my favorite one of the four), they are not "must-haves" characters that I would go crazy for.

If I could make one request, it be that a "normal Focus" takes place during this time period. The "Spring Festival" can be the "bonus Focus," like they did with the Princes and Princesses banner during the Voting Gauntlet. Now granted, this may still happen, but nothing's confirmed yet.

I would argue the opposite actually; that having the balls to wear an effeminate bunny costume does nothing but ADD to Chrom's masculinity. Because even if he might not look masculine necessarily, the implications that he WOULD wear such a thing speak nothing but good things about Chrom's manliness levels. 

Because real men don't give AF about maintaining social standards of masculinity. They set their own standards. 

Edited by BANRYU

I may not like this banner, but I don't mind that it exists. Yeah, fanservice and all, it's normal for gacha games apparently. So the banner existing isn't something that I am against.

What I don't like is that this is the only new banner announced to run for the next two weeks. Even if the characters are using different weapons than their usual selves and Xander is new, that doesn't change the fact that we're still getting Chrom, Lucina, and Camilla again. This is also, what, Lucina's third time as a focus character? I'd be more accepting of the new banner if a normal banner with completely new characters ran alongside it. Like a Blazing Shadows Part II, or a Magvel or Tellius or Jugdral focus. Or some other theme. I'm not okay with a holiday banner composing of three characters we already have in the game, even if they are wielding different weapons, being the only main one running for the period.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Right, fair enough, but that's still just a secondary use of the game. If that was its primary use, wouldn't the whole game be 3DS characters and nothing else? Yet we also got Elibe and Archanea in the base game.

Primary thing is a fun game that people could enjoy.

That doesn't follow. "These characters do not serve the game's primary purpose" does not equate to "these characters do not serve any purpose at all to be worth including". Giving the game more depth and enjoyability helps it serve its other purposes.