What would YOU have done for Spring Festival?

MaskedAmpharos

15 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I would argue the opposite actually; that having the balls to wear an effeminate bunny costume does nothing but ADD to Chrom's masculinity. Because even if he might not look masculine necessarily, the implications that he WOULD wear such a thing speak nothing but good things about Chrom's manliness levels. 

Because real men don't give AF about maintaining social standards of masculinity. They set their own standards. 

While I can see that perspective ("I am a man enough to know that even when wearing an effeminate costume, I'm still a masculine man." or "Screw social standards, I set my own standards for who I am."), it's more about the appearance for me really. I have warmed up to Chrom's inclusion since headcanons work in wondrous ways (Gaius taking Chrom to these festivals, Chrom being in several festivals before, Chrom not caring and is simply having a good time, etc.) but I would be fine without Bunny Chrom.

Either way, I'm not that heavily invested in the matter. I just hope everyone enjoys their egg hunts and bunny costumes!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I mean... Every arena focus banner after the starting batch has included characters who weren't from the summon focus, so I see no reason why they wouldn't also do that now....??

Yes, I addressed that in my post "I would have some alternatives, but all feather-costly for the equivalent reward in feathers."

Non focus banner characters in the arena would usually need feathers to be up to speed to 5* in order to get ranked as high as using a focus banner character would. (Unless it just happen to be one of the characters I already drew at 5* naturally or one of those I raised myself, but that's strongly unlikely and down to random luck).

The way the game works, any player is strongly enticed to roll for focus banner with the arena bonus characters, and rewarded if they luck into one. That's the way the gameplay works.

I've been banking on the GHB characters for every arena focus since Narcian and I've been fine, and if they continue to run GHB characters and include them as Arena bonus characters I see no reason why you should be 'forced' to roll for the easter characters lol.

I switched to Ursula only this round of arena and saw my ranking drop. So I don't look forward having two more weeks of being punished for not liking a specific banner.

Edited by salinea

5 minutes ago, salinea said:

Yes, I addressed that in my post "I would have some alternatives, but all feather-costly for the equivalent reward in feathers."

Non focus banner characters in the arena would usually need feathers to be up to speed to 5* in order to get ranked as high as using a focus banner character would. (Unless it just happen to be one of the characters I already drew at 5* naturally or one of those I raised myself, but that's strongly unlikely and down to random luck).

The way the game works, any player is strongly enticed to roll for focus banner with the arena bonus characters, and rewarded if they luck into one. That's the way the gameplay works.

I switched to Ursula only this round of arena and saw my ranking drop. So I don't look forward having two more weeks of being punished for not liking a specific banner.

I mean... I've been consistently hitting the minimum score needed for the best feather reward in the arena without spending any feathers to upgrade them, so... unless you REALLY want to do better than the minimum needed for the best reward you can probably do fine?? If you're F2P like me you settle up and git gud as much as you can lol but shrug. It's been workin for me. 

Edited by BANRYU

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I mean... I've been consistently hitting the minimum score needed for the best feather reward in the arena without spending any feathers to upgrade them, so... unless you REALLY want to do better than the minimum needed for the best reward you can probably do fine?? If you're F2P like me you settle up and git gud as much as you can lol but shrug. It's been workin for me. 

I'm F2P too. I was in the 5,000-10,000 ranking category earlier, and just barely in 10,000-30,000 last week. A 500 feathers difference, 1000 feathers if I can't hold to above 30,000 (and it was super close! with a deathless run). The drop isn't fun.

I...actually like this banner. I wouldn't say that the characters are "oversexualized" or something like that and I admit that i like their designs. Especially Xander's. Like, oh my god, I need him now.

Perhaps, I would have replaced Lucina with Lissa since she would fit more in the context(and because she is an actual magic user but ssh)

Darn, no loli-girls and cute, unsexualized outfits. 

I say we hold an art contest drawing Lissa, Elise, Sakura, Nino, and/or other lolis.

-----

Other than that, Xander's voice... It sounds so glamorously gay. "Spring is here!" 

I'll admit at first I thought I heard Silas. 

Oh, and all hail the Siegcarrot.

i think the idea is funny but I don't actually like any of these characters

and i'm not sure why they only chose characters from two games either

they could've made it like, lucina, xander, ryoma, and marth or something like that to have slightly more variety

just seems kinda boring to have it just be awakening and conquest

I think that characters like Panne, Yarne (because there are bunnies duh) and the bandit bros (the stage for the spring festival reminds me of the Harvest Scramble DLC and they were present there) would have make more sense but I like the banner a lot.

Maybe I would have given Bunny Chrom a lance instead of an axe but there would have been a lot of blue units.

I stand by my statement that people would complain and bark like rabid dogs if the banner was made up by obscure characters and would cry foul that their popular waifu or husbando wasn't feautured. You people make a bit deal of something as trivial as a joke event. Learn to have fun. 

6 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

I've warmed up to the event a lot, but I'd still redesign Camilla and Lucina's outfits since I personally find them a tad too over-sexualised.

How do you expect IS to profit of their creepy fanboys? Camilla is doomed by design to be eye candy and complaining by now is pointless. 

Edited by L9999

23 minutes ago, L9999 said:

How do you expect IS to profit of their creepy fanboys? Camilla is doomed by design to be eye candy and complaining by now is pointless. 

The fact that you could argue her playboy bunny outfit is more modest than her original design says a lot

3 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I would have done a back to school theme starting on April 20th. It would go over our heads here in the west but we wouldn't care because school outfits and glasses :wub:

Weapons would include umbrellas, textbooks in place of tomes, and kendo shinai. Maybe theme some clothing around school sports or clubs. The one character that would have to be included in this theme is definitely Sakura. Her own name suggests imagery of this very season.

Since 'Back to School' where I live is February, I kinda want to draw FE characters in what I'm familiar with in terms of school, but I'm not good enough at drawing to make it work.

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Isn't that the complaint that most people have with Camilla's regular outfit?

Which is why I don't mind Camilla got pushed into this. Better the characters who were already there than dragging other ones down.

Really, all I'd've done was not drill the point that this is a "Spring" Festival in. It won't be Spring where I live for another five months.

If only people didn't complain that they were 3DS characters. They have been good about using older characters, I think it's fine to use some 3DS characters. Also, a sense of humor would be nice.

I might, however, have made it so that their alternate weapons fit their character, but its not that big of a deal.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If only people didn't complain that they were 3DS characters. They have been good about using older characters, I think it's fine to use some 3DS characters. Also, a sense of humor would be nice.

literally one person in this thread mentioned that they were all 3ds characters

but even then i don't see anything wrong with not being satisfied with that, not everyone likes those games 

i think if you're gonna do something fun like this you might as well try to appeal to as many people as possible

4 minutes ago, unique said:

but even then i don't see anything wrong with not being satisfied with that, not everyone likes those games 

i think if you're gonna do something fun like this you might as well try to appeal to as many people as possible

I was more referring to the other thread, but, yeah, general appeal is the name of the game. There is really no way to please everyone. I'm just glad to finally have something that will make me summon...and kind of frustrated by the same thing.

I'm also tired of all the downers in general.

Edited by Arthur97

2 minutes ago, unique said:

With a series with so many different universes and characters, trying to appeal to everyone eventually does more damage than good since the devs end up not doing what they want to do. I think the focus is fine as it is, as long as future focuses center around other universes and other characters, so everyone is (eventually) satisfied.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I was more referring to the other thread, but, yeah, general appeal is the name of the game. There is really no way to please everyone. I'm just glad to finally have something that will make me summon...and kind of frustrated by the same thing.

I'm also tired of all the downers in general.

The voting gauntlet had pre-3ds reps, and the only complaint was that some characters were more popular than others. Since new banners nowadays have 6 characters, they could have included pre-3ds reps here as well. And even within the 3ds games, Birthright has had little to no representation here at all, which is really unfair as well.

Oh yeah, because even in the voting gauntlet they focused on Leo and Elise but not any of the Hoshidans. Same with this event, only with Camilla and Xander instead. The Hoshido siblings better get their own focuses at some point without the Nohrians.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The voting gauntlet had pre-3ds reps, and the only complaint was that some characters were more popular than others. Since new banners nowadays have 6 characters, they could have included pre-3ds reps here as well. And even within the 3ds games, Birthright has had little to no representation here at all, which is really unfair as well.

That is true, but in the interest of actually getting a Lucina, I'm fine with smaller numbers. I actually don't hate the older games, but I am very biased towards Awakening so it's hard for me to complain that it lacks older characters. Especially after several banners focusing on older ones which is fine, just not my cup of tea (though I would have liked and Ephraim and Eirika).

As for Fates...it's probably best if I abstain from commenting as it is probably my least favorite. 

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh yeah, because even in the voting gauntlet they focused on Leo and Elise but not any of the Hoshidans. Same with this event, only with Camilla and Xander instead. The Hoshido siblings better get their own focuses at some point without the Nohrians.

This. Hoshido seriously needs a focus sometime too. Personally, Elise is the only Nohr character I like at all besides Silas and he's not in the game yet. A bunch of Nohr characters got focuses, but no Hoshido ones have except Takumi in one of the first two. That's pretty unfair too. I'd love a good chance to get Ryoma, Hinoka, and Takumi (already have Sakura).

Edited by Anacybele

The following is Spring/Easter event one of the Anna's from the Fire Emblem multiverse may attempt for profits.... I mean your holiday enjoyment.

First: In your castle we be offering you special easter layout map.  For five orbs you how wonderful Easter Castle theme for your enjoyment.  Plus their will be bonus for your orb patronage.  If you buy this castle layout and have it equip during the easter event.  Characters you own with the special Easter Skills(which be providing by quest trade in system) Will receive one or two hero feathers for kills during the easter event.

Second: Let me direct you to Quest and Mission counter.  As with all our Anna' approve quests.  We know you enjoy these.  We split the Easter mission into two groups.  Group one has your standard orb quest for Easter Paralogues and Easter Event Character Kills.  We do want to give are players a good round of pulls from one of our two banners.  Plus we include a special quest.  Where if you beat all the lunatic quest you get to pick a 1* Level 1 Easter Hero of your choice.  That way you have a guaranteed Easter hero for the event.  Are gift to you.  Now we go to group 2 missions.  We have here eight special daily mission.  The first four are to obtain Basic Easter skills for red blue, green, and colorless.  By trading in 100 basic badges you get a corresponding color easter egg. This easter egg acts as Non deployable character.  Where if go to inherit skill.  You can inherit from the easter eggs the Easter Skill. The Easter Skill is special animation showing easter theme damage to your enemies.  This skill can be equip to either you A,B, or C slot.  That way you don't have to worry about changing the default character builds. Plus if you have Easter castle thing.  You get hero feather per kill. The next group of 4 daily mission.  is for the Greater Easter Skills for red blue, green, and colorless.  This is fancier version of the Basic Easter Skill.  Has fancier Easter theme attack/damage animation.  Also you get 2 hero feathers per kill during the event if you have the Easter Castle theme equip.  By trading in 100 greater badges you get a corresponding great color easter egg. This great easter egg acts as Non deployable character.  Where if go to inherit skill.  You can inherit from the great easter eggs the Great Easter Skill. This skill can be equip to either you A,B, or C slot aswell.

Third:  With all this Easter Talk what about our Easter Heroes.  Lucky for you we got two banners for you.  The first banner feature costumes from Anna's Clothing line.  Provides six hero with special spring outfits.  We have Kid Tiki dress up as cute bunny.  Where her Easter egg stone turns her bunny dragon(green dragon). Next we got Camilla in our Classic Black Battle Bunny(If you seen Riven from LOL we went this route and she's non flying red sword). Next we have special giant Easter Egg.  Who can be in this shell, none other then the bashful Olivia who uses Blue tomes to help out.   What is this, a little Chick outfit.  Who can that be? Azuma wih shuriken eggs!? He's defiantly to egg the competition. OMG it's the Easter bunny.  My bad its the Easter Xander all dress up as your favorite bunny cotten tail and all(full bunny outfit except the face which you can see his embarrassed face).  But I'll be careful he does wiled giant lance carrot(blue lance)  Lastly some guys like to go all out and apparently bunny ears is all the rave in his village.  Its the well dress, wielding a carrot Axe, Donnel(green axe and were easter pimp suit but the pot switch out for the bunny ears. What a wide array of heroes for Easter enjoyment.  But for those who are looking for a more serious teams.  Head over to our Second Banner and for Team Taguel. Where you can four of the Taguel from Awakening. We have Panne, Yarne, Taguel Morgan M, and Taguel Morgan F(beast stone users.  Colors 2 red, one blue, one green.  With each feature one high skill slot)

Fourth:  We also have our Easter Paralogues feature 2 mini stories.  The wackiness of our dress up friends are dress up friends are doing and the tale of survival of the last Taguels.  So enjoy this easter maps and the precious orbs they give.

Fifth:  You would think that would be everything but no.  Their still more.  Need a little bit more EXP.  How about a classic Easter Egg hunt. Theirs a rare enemy hidden in our training towers.  Find our special non attacking egg enemy and get 1000 exp kill.  Becareful thou his teammates may not like you cracking the egg.  So you may want to save him for last.(Each training tower map has small chance to include a bonus enemy you can kill for extra exp.

We hope you like our Easter Event.  Please make sure to Anna over here your feedback with prepare for Summer Beach event which will feature your favorite heroes in various fire emblem bathing suits.  Ranging from trunks, one pieces, bikinis, speedos, old time full suit, and whatever you called what I think is a Japanese little girl school swim suit that people want to see adult woman wear.