What would YOU have done for Spring Festival?

MaskedAmpharos

So I've seen people here and there that aren't overly fond of the Easter costumes certain characters will be getting. Some think Lucina and Camilla are too sexualized while others are upset at how ridiculous Chrom and Xander look to them. And so I ask, what kind of costumes would you have LIKED to see instead? 

Obviously this is more for the ones that aren't satisfied than the ones who ARE excited about the costumes. That said, if you did enjoy the costumes, what other things would you have also liked to see? Also feel free to branch out into the kinds of costumes you'd like to see for future holidays. 

For me personally, I'm fine with what we got, but I really wanted them to go for more of a "cute/adorable" route with Easter (like a big, fluffy bunny onesie for precious cinnamon roll Nino) than sexy. Oh well, here's hoping for that to happen next Easter!

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hyped for a halloween theme in the grand scheme of things. Mobile games always seem to portray characters best when it comes to halloween themes. of course this is my personal opinion I would have liked to see an elise bunny theme. Also this ia lucinas 3rd focus banner I can see IS want to focus lucina as much as possible before ike comes out maybe??

I wanted a black bunny costume but alas, that was not meant to be. Agreed on the cute route though. A black bunny onesie would have been absolutely adorable. Also would have been nice if not all four of them had bunny ears. Since its more of a spring festival instead of just easter, they could have branched out more. Even a generic flower girl like costume would have put up some variety at least. Also wished that they would stop bombarding us with Lucina. This is the third banner for her. She has had a banner per month now. Its time to let the other characters have a chance. 

I'm fine with the silliness. It's a gatcha with potential for the entire cast to all be in the same game in the future it's clearly already not very serious. I do think the male and female costumes shouldn't have to fit a certain mold---if you look at chrom and xander vs lucina and camilla, it almost feels like between each gender they have a very similar base outfit and I'd like there to be more significant differences in how the bunny outfit is constructed. 

Also I would like Ryoma in a bunny suit because bunnies pander to me and so does Ryoma so why is not he maximal pandering yet

I wouldn't have given focus to those four characters again (although granted this is the first Xander we've been able to pull), but otherwise I'm absolutely fine with the costumes and I like they're wielding unexpected weapons.

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

So I've seen people here and there that aren't overly fond of the Easter costumes certain characters will be getting. Some think Lucina and Camilla are too sexualized while others are upset at how ridiculous Chrom and Xander look to them. And so I ask, what kind of costumes would you have LIKED to see instead? 

Obviously this is more for the ones that aren't satisfied than the ones who ARE excited about the costumes. That said, if you did enjoy the costumes, what other things would you have also liked to see? Also feel free to branch out into the kinds of costumes you'd like to see for future holidays. 

For me personally, I'm fine with what we got, but I really wanted them to go for more of a "cute/adorable" route with Easter (like a big, fluffy bunny onesie for precious cinnamon roll Nino) than sexy. Oh well, here's hoping for that to happen next Easter!

Fae should have been in this in a chick outfit because she's already a chicken dragon. How adorable would that have been?

Though otherwise, I'm pretty happy. Chrom, especially, looks great to me, and Xander can do no wrong ^.^ The girls don't appeal, but then I didn't expect them to. Their outfits look fine to me, though :)

Ehhh, I think the outfits are fine I have more problem with the characters they choose lol , and they aren't that much sexualised... Actually I think in that aspect is fine too (in my opinion of course, it could have been worse), Fire Emblem is not intended to be a game for small childrens after all so, yeah, I don't have problems with the outfits, I actually like them, especially Xander outfit, I liked his outfit the most

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Fae should have been in this in a chick outfit because she's already a chicken dragon. How adorable would that have been?

Though otherwise, I'm pretty happy. Chrom, especially, looks great to me, and Xander can do no wrong ^.^ The girls don't appeal, but then I didn't expect them to. Their outfits look fine to me, though :)

Omg how did I not think of Fae! Now I wish we had her popping out of a colorful Easter egg, the beautiful hatchling that she is~

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Omg how did I not think of Fae! Now I wish we had her popping out of a colorful Easter egg, the beautiful hatchling that she is~

YES YES YES that would be hype instead of another lucina like do we really need more lucina banners?

I think the people OP is referring to need to grow a sense of humor and/or lighten up. Nobody's forcing you to roll for them lol. 

That said, these are some cute ideas people are having in here hehe.

I would have had any silly bonus stuff be a side banner in addition to a regular banner. Which, now that I think about it, might still be the case unless anyone has reason to believe otherwise?

No surprise to anyone, I would throw Anna in there. With her Awakening voice. In a bunny outfit. I also agree with the suggestion of "cute" costumes. Fae is already adorable - now imagine her in a super fluffy lamb costume and let your heart melt.

Edited by InfinityAlex

I guess it's okay.

I mean it's really nice that the devs are aware of real-time events and cast appropriate (appropriate being ambiguous here) characters to match the said occasion. After all, as some people have said, that's what gachapon games are all about.

I am hoping, however, that they would release another focus banner that features new characters from other series along with this Easter one. I admit, it's getting kind of mundane how they release the same characters again and again because of their overall popularity, but that's how marketing works, I assume...

So yep, 2 new focus banners please, IS? :rolleyes:

For those saying released the same ones over again, I don't agree with that. Lucina may have been in two banners, but there was the main banner and then a side banner. When she was a side banner, there was a different main banner up with Reinhardt, etc, who were still new characters for the time. This will be the first time the main banner (the one that comes up first before other banners come and go depending on events) will feature repeated characters... which is why I hope there will be two focusses. Others might disagree, but that's how I see it ^.^''

I'm fine with the costumes. In fact I don't even find Camilla, Lucina and even Chrom looking like they've been over sexualized compared to Xander with his pose and that big giant carrot in his hands (then again, he is wearing a suit. It's mainly his pose and face that's bothering me).

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yes, omg, yes. They should have really went for more cuter and adorable costumes for easter, like many others have said.

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

I think the people OP is referring to need to grow a sense of humor and/or lighten up. Nobody's forcing you to roll for them lol. 

That's why I'll only mind if they're the main focus banner characters that have to be included in the arena for bonus point.

If they are, then, yeah, the game is actually kind of forcing me to roll for them, actually. I'd have alternatives, but all feather-costly for the equivalent reward in feathers.

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

That's why I'll only mind if they're the main focus banner characters that have to be included in the arena for bonus point.

If they are, then, yeah, the game is actually kind of forcing me to roll for them, actually. I'd have alternatives, but all feather-costly for the equivalent reward in feathers.

Yeah, this. I mean, there's also Michalis who is guaranteed to be a arena bonus unit too, but not everyone wanted him either, I'm sure. I wouldn't want to be forced to roll for these characters just for an arena bonus, especially when they will no longer be available after the focus is over. These are Easter-themed characters, it wouldn't make sense to have them around when it's summer, fall, or winter.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

What would I have done?

One word

Reveal hidden contents

Ike

You got it all wrong; we need to save him for Christmas so we can get Santa Ike and his jolly elf Soren.

But other than that, I would also feature a "standard" banner with new characters instead of only having the holiday focus. I may not go for them personally, but the Spring-themed characters are neat and I'm fine with them as they are.

But maybe I would give Lucina a different outfit, she doesn't have enough chest to make the current one work.

Edited by Lightchao42