Persona 5

Corrobin

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/20/atlus-registered-bunch-different-persona-domains/

Well, this is interesting. Is Atlus already working on spin-offs? But it also could mean nothing. Though I wonder how Morgana would work on a fighting game. He´s a little too small for them.

http://personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/

Old article, but something is happening with at least one of those.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for Persona 5 Group Therapy Session feat Goro Akechi

Actually I kind of hope the fighting game thing is real. I'd love to main Joker.

On 4/18/2017 at 0:00 AM, Slumber said:

I always try to summon Satan once per game purely because of the Giant Bomb P4 Endurance Run.

in this game or p4 though? 

on another note, i'm not able to triangle fuse?  i got the strength confidant to rank 1 (already had the jack frost before even knowing about the quest) but i don't see the option to triangle fuse anywhere? i've been able to progress ok without it, but feel like i'm missing out on some great fusion opportunities.  

like even if i hit "fuse by result", i only see results of two-persona fusions. 

Edited by Radiant head

1 minute ago, Radiant head said:

on another note, i'm not able to triangle fuse?  i got the strength confidant to rank 1 (already had the jack frost before even knowing about the quest) but i don't see the option to triangle fuse anywhere? i've been able to progress ok without it, but feel like i'm missing out on some great fusion opportunities.  

There aren't traditional triangle fusions in this game; Group Guillotine's triangle fusions are specifically only for special combinations.

17 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

huh, that's strange but a relief. 

i'm assuming rank 1 is all i need to fuse all the non-ultimate personas then. 

Non-ultimate Quad and Penta Fusion also both are covered by Group Guillotine, but they don't unlock until a later Strength rank. Hexa presumably still exists too, but I haven't gotten any of those fusions on my list yet.

Edited by AzureSen

3 hours ago, Radiant head said:

which is covered by group guillotine i assume?

eyuppers

Also if anyones curious, my favorite 3 non party links are Hanged Man, Temperance, and Star.

11 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

temperance one is really uncomfortable 

Oh, the one where you can hook up with the teacher? I thought it was pretty decent, to be honest. At least it's not like P3 where you were required to romance the ladies to complete the SL.

I found that kind of bothersome in P3P. While playing as the Fem!tag, you could only romance the party members (except Junpei dammit) and Ryoji but you couldn't romance the other non-party SL. But, as the Male!tag, you could romance everyone. Weird.

26 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I found that kind of bothersome in P3P. While playing as the Fem!tag, you could only romance the party members (except Junpei dammit) and Ryoji but you couldn't romance the other non-party SL. But, as the Male!tag, you could romance everyone. Weird.

Probably because P3P was the epitome of Atlus being lazy as hell for the sake of a quick buck. They barely made any changes to Minato/Makoto/Sakuya/whatever's side aside from removing his ability to use every weapon; they didn't even bother implementing a platonic option for any of his romance S. Links, so you have to basically skip 4/5 if you don't want to be a cheater. And they didn't modify any of the S. Links they copy-pasted to femprotag's side beyond a minor edit at Max rank about how the S. Link in question totally loves you but can't romance you for whatever reason.

Edited by AzureSen

Speaking of female protagonists, I'm feeling that if we ever get an updated version of P5, the chances of having a female main character option are slim. Mostly because a lot if scenes would have to be changed, for example, the scene in the beginning where the main character gets beat up by the police would seems very different with a female character, other scenes that would have to be changed, would be when main character defends the woman for being raped, and interactions with Kamoshida as well. While I wouldn't say it's impossible to have female protagonist and it would kind of an interesting idea, a lot of things would have to be changed, and I'm not sure if Atlus would think it's worth the effort. I once read that in the development of Persona 3, they originally were going to have the option of choosing the gender of the protagonist, which is probably why they had the choice of having a female main character in the PSP version.

Edited by Water Mage

4 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

Oh, the one where you can hook up with the teacher? I thought it was pretty decent, to be honest. At least it's not like P3 where you were required to romance the ladies to complete the SL.

oh yeah I don't mean the romance (although i'm definitely not going there when i reach rank 9),

more that the entire situation behind that confident is awkward, with her showing up in that outfit in your room every night   also being financially coerced into sex work is a really disturbing aspect of real life.

Edited by Radiant head

50 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

oh yeah I don't mean the romance (although i'm definitely not going there when i reach rank 9),

Reveal hidden contents

more that the entire situation behind that confident is awkward, with her showing up in that outfit in your room every night also being financially coerced into sex work is a really disturbing aspect of real life.

Oh, I see.

Spoiler

Yeah, that was kind of disturbing actually. Though, I will admit that I sort of subconsciously blocked it out due to how she took it in stride in the beginning. Also, because of how blatantly malicious that student's guardians were, I sort of wrote it off because I felt they were unrealistically antagonistic. But I will admit that there are some legitimately nasty, evil people in the world, so her social link becomes believable enough from that front.  

Edited by saisymbolic

34 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Oh, I see.

Hide contents

Yeah, that was kind of disturbing actually. Though, I will admit that I sort of subconsciously blocked it out due to how she took it in stride in the beginning. Also, because of how blatantly malicious that student's guardians were, I sort of wrote it off because I felt they were unrealistically antagonistic. But I will admit that there are some legitimately nasty, evil people in the world, so her social link becomes believable enough from that front.  

They may seem unrealistic evil, but people like those in Kawakami's Co-op do exist in the real world. In fact, one of the interesting things about this game is that most of the antagonists, and those who appear in Mementos, can actually exist in the real life.  It can be rather depressing when you think about it.

15 hours ago, Ebony said:

eyuppers

hey, are you sure strength 5 isn't required for hex?  the online guides seem to consistently say rank 1 is for triangle fusion, and 5 is for more advanced.  but that doesn't seem to match my experience, where i fused neko shogun (quad) with just rank 1.

4 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

hey, are you sure strength 5 isn't required for hex?  the online guides seem to consistently say rank 1 is for triangle fusion, and 5 is for more advanced.  but that doesn't seem to match my experience, where i fused neko shogun (quad) with just rank 1.

I'm pretty sure Neko Shogun's not a quad fusion in this game. He was one in Persona 4, though.

EDIT: Double-checked and yeah, Neko Shogun's a triangle fusion of Kodama, Sudama and Anzu in P5.

Edited by AzureSen

On 4/21/2017 at 7:03 PM, Radiant head said:

oh whoops, yeah it was only 3 in this game, was thinking of p4. 

man i wanted to avoid strength because it would be a huge drain on compendium cash, but looks like i have no choice. 

honestly i think strength is worth it just because the last skill is really, really good

4 hours ago, Ebony said:

honestly i think strength is worth it just because the last skill is really, really good

21 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

yeah i'm learning that you would have to intensively grind to reach 90+ for the personas on that level, so probably going to do it now

Yeah, and I think they decided on the Persona levels with the max Strength skill in mind. I mean, you usually face the final boss around level 65-70, and yet there a countless Personas who are beyond that level. 

Changing the subject for a bit, do you think the game would have benefited if it had a SP recovering mechanic like the Fox in P4? Even all versions of P3 had ways to recover SP while in dungeons and Somas were easier to obtain. However the lack of such mechanic is also what influences the player to not complete the dungeons in one day, which was also interesting.

Edited by Water Mage

i think for me it kinda works because i have much less incentive to try to finish the dungeons in one day.  with 4, it was like you're just going through the motions of each repetitive floor and want to get it over with.  but here, each dungeon is really long and mentally engaging (especially with the puzzles and stealth) to where it's not just sp, but me actually wanting to take a break, and dive back into the visual novel aspect of the game before going back in.  

sp wasn't an issue for me though, i just bought the sp adhesive for ann and makoto, and since they're mostly healing, it was more than enough to keep them at full.  ryuji and mc just spam swift strike and didn't even need sp. 

Edited by Radiant head

1 hour ago, Radiant head said:

i think for me it kinda works because i have much less incentive to try to finish the dungeons in one day.  with 4, it was like you're just going through the motions of each repetitive floor and want to get it over with.  but here, each dungeon is really long and mentally engaging (especially with the puzzles and stealth) to where it's not just sp, but me actually wanting to take a break, and dive back into the visual novel aspect of the game before going back in.  

sp wasn't an issue for me though, i just bought the sp adhesive for ann and makoto, and since they're mostly healing, it was more than enough to keep them at full.  ryuji and mc just spam swift strike and didn't even need sp. 

Good point, to be honest, I was a bit of an idiot and forgot about the SP adhesive, which is why I constantly had SP problems. But you know, it's something I loved about this game. There so many things to do, so many options to do things, that end up forgetting other things as well. The sheer amout of things to do was something really awesome. So many little details they put on this game.