Persona 5

Corrobin

On 4/30/2017 at 11:49 PM, Radiant head said:

who did you guys use for endgame?

i used futsunishi and yoshitsune to death in p4 and kinda want to do something else, and a certain persona isn't available in the first playthrough :/

uhhh, christ that was a while ago

i am pretty sure i brought satan with me to endgame

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Tryhard said:

This was my first SMT game and I wasn't having too much trouble on Normal but you're right in that the first dungeon is pretty SP restricting. If you're trying to do it all in one run, just leave it for two days. It is possible to do it in one day, but it's pretty difficult. Who was the almighty attack enemy in the first palace to be honest, I can't remember them. The most annoying enemies are the Berith ones so make sure you get something that can use Bufu.

I quickly recognized him as Archangel while fighting, but his persona 5 entry on that page doesn't have the attack he used every time I encountered him. I think it was spelt Mahouha, It could have been one of the new elements instead of almighty. I don't know these two new elements, and light and dark elements don't seem to be instant kill moves in this game which is throwing me off.

Anyway, I switched the difficulty to Easy in the Config and had no trouble with the rest of the dungeon. After having done that and the boss, I'm certain I could have pulled a victory without the difficulty drop, but it's no big deal. 

Edited by Gustavos

I think it's Makouha - in which case, yeah it's Bless damage and that attack does suck. I didn't know if that was a new element or not. I believe he was weak to lightning (well, for some reason the miniboss doesn't but the regular enemy you see later is weak to zio) which I just spam a couple of all out attacks at.

Edited by Tryhard

40 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I quickly recognized him as Archangel while fighting, but his persona 5 entry on that page doesn't have the attack he used every time I encountered him. I think it was spelt Mahouha, It could have been one of the new elements instead of almighty. I don't know these two new elements, and light and dark elements don't seem to be instant kill moves in this game which is throwing me off.

Anyway, I switched the difficulty to Easy in the Config and had no trouble with the rest of the dungeon. After having done that and the boss, I'm certain I could have pulled a victory without the difficulty drop, but it's no big deal. 

Hama and Mudo still exist in P5. They just decided to add in the Kouha/Eiha line spells from Persona 1, although they don't have their DoT(urn) effect anymore.

On 5/1/2017 at 0:49 AM, Radiant head said:

i used futsunishi and yoshitsune to death in p4 and kinda want to do something else, and a certain persona isn't available in the first playthrough :/

I ended up using Alice and Ishtar. Ishtar was my healer primarily, and I gave Alice Agidyne, Maragidyne, Eigaon and Maeigaon to better take advantage of her massive Mag stat.

really want to fuse lucifer so that i can get mc's ultimate persona in ng+, but i'm only at lvl  73, right before the final boss, and it's going to be several super expensive fusions to get there.  

is there a place to grind?  can't go back to mementos for reaper unless i decide to roll back to a previous save slot and redo the whole dungeon

Edited by Radiant head

28 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

really want to fuse lucifer so that i can get mc's ultimate persona in ng+, but i'm only at lvl  73, right before the final boss, and it's going to be several super expensive fusions to get there.  

is there a place to grind?  can't go back to mementos for reaper unless i decide to roll back to a previous save slot and redo the whole dungeon

You're probably better off forcing the enemies into the lead-up to the final boss to respawn by going back to the entrance, since Reaper aside they're the highest leveled enemies in the game, and there's a free healing spot there too.

did not know you could reset!  thanks.  think  what i'm going to do now is just finish it in normal mode, then roll back to a save slot and switch to safety mode so i can get lots of levels and money to nail these tedious fusions.  

guess i'll insert this here to avoid double posting.  i haven't actually fought the final boss yet, so if there's anything important at that point, pls don't spoil if replying to me: 

feel like goro's character was totally wasted.  i thought it was really obvious he was the one who "sold you out" from the start, and that was perfectly fine, i think it would have been better if he did so because he wanted to uphold the law, not because he's a full bastard who was the one responsible for killing all those people.  there was an interesting theme of "justice" building throughout the plot-driven social link, and it all becomes meaningless at that point.  he did get some sympathy points of course, but it's pretty minuscule.  

Edited by Radiant head

I don't own the game, but I've played a decent chunk of it over at various friends' houses, and as a huge fan of Persona 3 (was never crazy about 4) this game is excellent.

I haven't really studied it in enough detail to say for sure what specifically I like about the game design (though I will say that gameplay wise this is the most fun to pick up and play of the Persona games), but the music, story, and characters are all very well done. Ryuji is a true bro, not sure if he's Junpei tier but I like the guy. 

On 4/5/2017 at 4:05 PM, The DanMan said:

Apparently the localization kinda sucks. Yeah, there's people bitching over little changes a la Fates, but the actual localization itself seems to be rough around the edges, with the translation feeling too literal and stilted at some points to outright not making full sense in others and the dubbing being inconsistent: https://www.destructoid.com/some-fans-are-pissed-about-persona-5-s-localization-429577.phtml

Seems like they may have rushed this out. Love to hear the opinions of people on here who've got it.

I know this is an older post but imo more literal translations are better (if I had the time to spare I'd just learn Japanese and play the game that way without meddling from people who think references to shogi are bad for Americans, or something) because you get a closer experience. For the record I've not had any issues with coherence so far.

On 5/1/2017 at 0:49 AM, Radiant head said:

Late, but I mainly relied on Siegfried on endgame with some Uriel assistance 

but it was mainly Siegfried thanks to him nullifying physical attacks

made the final boss not as annoying 

16 hours ago, Radiant head said:

think  what i'm going to do now is just finish it in normal mode, then roll back to a save slot and switch to safety mode so i can get lots of levels and money to nail these tedious fusions.  

Yeah, in retrospect I regret not going Safety for my New Game+. I'm already going to have to grind the Reaper at some point because the costs for the fusion even with the Strength MAX bonus is pretty prohibitive if you're not within ten levels of the Persona you're fusing.

EDIT: I forgot you could actually change difficulty whenever you want in P5, even if anything else -> Safety is a one-way street.

Edited by AzureSen

yeah, being able to switch to safety right before final boss is really nice. 

so i reached 3/19, not really spoilers, but just in case: 

- the cinematic battle with the last boss was very cool.  

-  ending of this game felt way too much like p4, was almost expecting a "true ending" dungeon on the last day

Edited by Radiant head

Here's something interesting things that I found out about the game's early concepts:

-Originally the protagonist was going to live with Sae instead of Sojiro. The didn't give a reason for this change, I imagine that they changed so it wouldn't be the same as Persona 4 and Dojima, you know living with the person who is investigating the case protagonist is involved with.

-Hifumi was planned to be involved in the game's main story line. The idea was later scrapped due to the main story being already long as is. I think she was going to be party member, but I'm not sure.

-The protagonist's original Persona was going to be Mephistopheles instead of Arsene.

What do guys think of those changes?

hmm doesn't arsene fit the theme of the starter personas much better?   mephistopheles makes more sense as the ultimate persona. 

would have probably preferred hifumi to makoto, tbh.

well i finished the game. now i'm kinda sad i won't be able to experience this for the first time ever again; this might be my favorite rpg ever.   definitely want to do ng+, but will probably do it later because i'm so burned out from exhaustion.  

6 hours ago, Radiant head said:

hmm doesn't arsene fit the theme of the starter personas much better?   mephistopheles makes more sense as the ultimate persona. 

Actually that was the reason why the changed Mephistopheles to Arsene.

I finished P5 about a week ago, and I'm still thinking about it and will most likely go for another playthrough soon.  I feel this game is a really good blend of P1, P2, and P3/P4 in terms of mechanics and gameplay.  Super solid entry in the series and my new favorite, sorry SEES I'm part of the Phantom Thieves now.

On 5/4/2017 at 6:29 AM, Water Mage said:

-Originally the protagonist was going to live with Sae instead of Sojiro. The didn't give a reason for this change, I imagine that they changed so it wouldn't be the same as Persona 4 and Dojima, you know living with the person who is investigating the case protagonist is involved with.

I think I read somewhere that the protagonist was gonna live in the same building as Sae, not exactly with her.  However, the dynamic of if the protag living with Sae would've been really interesting to see regardless.

And I kinda wish Hifumi was a playable character, she would've been an interesting addition with her battle strategies.  I wonder what kind of Persona(s) she would've had.

I might be in the minority here...but I kinda wanted Mishima to get a Persona.  I feel like the precious cinnamon roll deserved one after a while. xP