Nintendo E3 2017

Tolvir

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

heh, caring about how Capcom releases games in the 21st century. But yeah, we're definitely not seeing the triple A scene acknowledging the Switch and I think that's an issue moving forward. I do, however, see some progress in the Ubisoft conference. When was the last time a non nintendo E3 conference debuted a game exclusive to a Nintendo system? Nintendo has always had to self promote their DS/3DS and Wii/Wii U titles, including third party ones.

Nintendo has been shown or mentioned in pretty much every conference this year. 

But anyways to the topic at hand. 

Whos ready to be mostly disappointed with maybe a cool thing here or there?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Nintendo has been shown or mentioned in pretty much every conference this year. 

But anyways to the topic at hand. 

Whos ready to be mostly disappointed with maybe a cool thing here or there?

As long as I see the games I want, I won't be disappointed.

That being said, Nintendo's presentation better be a darn good-quality 25 minutes if they want any hope of "winning" E3.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared for MHXX's localization chances.

@omglmaowtf Ignoring that MHXX Switch is coming out and that World is being largely done by a different team. Since the 4chan rumor's been largely vindicated, it's safe to say that the series will still continue on the Switch and this is a spin-off to try and get stuff out of the Western market.

Edited by The DanMan

25 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Do people still care about who "wins" E3? As long as the companies all announce some pretty cool things, I couldn't really care less who presented it better.

You're right, it doesn't matter because Devolver Digital already won E3.

Edited by Tryhard

Just now, Tryhard said:

You're right, it doesn't matter because Devolver Digital already won E3.

Well... I can't argue with that. No one can. That was a level of conferencing too glorious for this cruel world.

Why do people constantly talk about "winning" E3? Since when was it a competition? I don't care if people thought Sony's was a million times better than Nintendo's in the end, if I liked Nintendo's, I liked it and that's what matters to me.

Anyway, wow, so many people shitting on them already too. How about you all put your salt away until there actually is something to be salty about? And who is giving up on the Switch? Wasn't it getting loads of 3rd party support?

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why do people constantly talk about "winning" E3? Since when was it a competition? I don't care if people thought Sony's was a million times better than Nintendo's in the end, if I liked Nintendo's, I liked it and that's what matters to me.

Having the "coolest" product & panel for your product means that you're most likely to earn the most $ in the long run for your product. That's what the whole winning E3 thing comes from.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Anyway, wow, so many people shitting on them already too. How about you all put your salt away until there actually is something to be salty about? And who is giving up on the Switch? Wasn't it getting loads of 3rd party support?

So many people aren't shitting on Nintendo, especially not here. There's a reason this topic is called Nintendo E3 2017 and not just E3 2017.

I express my disappoint for them because I am continually disappointed by them and know they will have a relatively safe, mediocre showing as they do ever year. "Winning" E3 is not something really to discuss, as it does matter what games you are ultimately interested in, but having a discussion about who had the best presentation/showing is valid. E3 is mostly for investors rather than gamers to begin with. But there are genuine moments that do steer a brand into success/failure, such as when Sony displayed powerpoint slides with the demeanour of a middle finger to Microsoft's draconian DRM practices initially for the Xbox one back in 2013.

Edited by Tryhard

3 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

So many people aren't shitting on Nintendo, especially not here. There's a reason this topic is called Nintendo E3 2017 and not just E3 2017.

I express my disappoint for them because I am continually disappointed by them and know they will have a relatively safe, mediocre showing as they do ever year. "Winning" E3 is not something really to discuss, as it does matter what games you are ultimately interested in, but having a discussion about who had the best presentation/showing is valid. E3 is mostly for investors rather than gamers to begin with. But there are genuine moments that do steer a brand into success/failure, such as when Sony displayed powerpoint slides with the demeanour of a middle finger to Microsoft's draconian DRM practices initially for the Xbox one back in 2013.

But people are shitting on Nintendo by calling their presentation bad already when it hasn't even fucking started.

For the record, sometimes I'm disappointed too, but not always. A majority of the time, I'm honestly satisfied.

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Having the "coolest" product & panel for your product means that you're most likely to earn the most $ in the long run for your product. That's what the whole winning E3 thing comes from.

The problem with that is not everybody who watches E3 buys things from all the companies that participate. I generally only buy Nintendo products. Not that I hate Sony or Microsoft or anything, but they never have much at all that strikes my interest enough to buy their consoles. I'm not into bloody gorey shooters and violence, which is what much of what they make is.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not into bloody gorey shooters and violence, which is what much of what they make is.

To me it seems you're ignorant on the playstation 4's library and don't care about educating yourself, because that's far from being most of its games. 

like, that's even worse of a generalization than saying nintendo only has "kiddy games". If anything, fire emblem is way 'heavier' than many ps4 games, most of which aren't even made by sony themselves (i imagine this also applies to ms on a lesser extent but i can't talk about them).

Edited by Nobody

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

To me it seems you're ignorant on the playstation 4's library and don't care about educating yourself, because that's far from being most of its games. 

like, that's even worse of a generalization than saying nintendo only has "kiddy games". If anything, fire emblem is way 'heavier' than many ps4 games, most of which aren't even made by sony themselves (i imagine this also applies to ms on a lesser extent but i can't talk about them).

I don't appreciate being called ignorant, thanks. And can you blame me if most (not all, MOST) of what I see on the shelves for Sony and Microsoft are either shooters, bloody and violent M games, or both?

Also, even some of the games on those systems that aren't in those categories don't interest me, just to note.

Well it was about what I expected, I loved the Xenoblade footage and that made my day.  I wish there was some info about Bayonetta 3 but maybe Platinum Games will talk about it later.  The teaser for FE Warriors looked good, but it was a little short.  Hopefully Metroid Prime 4 will be good and not end up being like the last Metroid.

YOSHI

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY

FE WARRIORS

ZELDA DLC

MAIN POKEMON GAME CONFIRMED FOR SWITCH

:D

This was great! I'd be surprised if anyone said this E3 sucked. This was awesome. Even Kirby looks pretty neat, imo, though since I'm mixed on the series, I'm not sure I'll get it. I mean, I liked Kirby and the Crystal Shards (Kirby 64), but not The Amazing Mirror for GBA.

Still hope Ike is revealed for FE Warriors sometime. *fingers crossed*

Also hope that Luigi is playable in Odyssey like he's been in the recent 3D Mario titles. *fingers crossed*

Fingers also crossed that that Pokemon Switch game is Sinnoh remakes!

Edited by Anacybele

Rex's VA is awful. Why did they listen to people begging for UK VAs? There's a few good ones like Adam Howden, but by and large the talent just isn't there. The strength of the reads in that trailer was directly inverse to the strength of the British accent.

FEW continues the hypocrisy of only showing swordies and MHXX's localization chances are basically sunk. Yeah, I'm disappointed. 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has British voice acting, YEAAAAAAAHHHH! Xenoblade 2 looks anime as fuck and i love it.

FE Warriors teaser. I've never seen Corrin move so fast. The voice acting on the OCs is a little......it needs more work.

What is it with Odyessy trailers starting out as if it wasn't Odyessy. Mario can posses things, including a T-Rex?! Count me the fuck in.

Metorid Prime 4. The meme is dead.

That Yoshi trailer's beginning made me legit think it was Paper Mario.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

FEW continues the hypocrisy of only showing swordies and MHXX's localization chances are basically sunk. Yeah, I'm disappointed. 

To be fair pretty much no one buys that explanation so its not that big a deal. Everyone already knows the casts were chosen because the newer ones are easier to market and because Marth and Co can pander to the Japanese. 

Super hyped with Xenoblade chronicles 2!! The epic vibes is still there, the world looks good so far, and the music is stellar as the first one. I must get this game!

Also FE warriors damn Chrom looks badass there! Corrin looks amazing as well. Time to use the chrom n' corn team!

Metroid Prime 4 and Pokémon Switch are great news, though I'm sad they didn't show much. Super Mario Odyssey looks great, too. I'm glad for Yoshi and Kirby fans, but those series are not up my alley. I'd have loved to be into a meaty RPG like Xenoblade, but it both looks and sounds awful - not to say it won't play well, but I can't get over that awful character design.

Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good presentation! The major thing missing is the Virtual Console; I want it yesterday.

My comments:

Super Mario Odyssey still looks a bit acidic and surreal to me, but I guess that's part of the charm? Still, 3D Mario rarely disappoints (SMS only disappointed in retrospect)- I'll be getting it for sure.

Breath of the Wild DLC/amiibo- don't own the game yet, so zoned out during that segment. The less I know before buying the game, the better. And invariably I will being it's Zelda.

Fire Emblem Warriors- blocked it out. I took in too much Fates negativity, and now I can't stand to watch or see plot or characters in any FE game from FE13 forward. I'm not happy with this development, I wish this embitterment wasn't happening. Anyone have any advice? Still, I might get this game once my bitterness dies down a little- just like with TMS and Smash 4 and other recent games. Was any actual gameplay shown? I don't want the surprise of a character's full moveset shown, but seeing a couple charge attacks from a bunch of different characters would be good.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2- didn't want to hear it (this is something I do with most trailers with someone speaking over it), but I watched it. The game is keeping the franchise's wonderful worlds I see, and though we didn't see much gameplay, I'm hopeful it'll be good, and hopefully less beginner-unfriendly than X. Which reminds me- Yelv doesn't look bad with a mask on. A typical Tales plot won't bother me too much, I can mash my way through scenes I don't like.

Yoshi- I don't really buy Yoshi games, but I might consider it eventually. Nice aesthetic.

A Metroid Prime 4 should keep some of the Metroid fanbase happy, albeit not the 2D fans. I'm hopeful it won't turn out to be a surprise catastrophe. Also, Phazon is no more with the end of MP3, so it'll be interesting how they tackle the plot.

Kirby- so it's the Helper system of Super Star, with a degree of power mix and matching from 64, with what appears to be a trace of buddy system of the canceled Gamecube Kirby game. I love Kirby, so I'll buy it, but I want Kirby to experiment a little bit more, my fears of stagnation have not been assuaged. Please no nostalgia overload this time- TD and PR have done that enough.

On the unannounced Pokemon game- I want a meaty single player game, even if this contradicts the essence of Pokemon. The series lost its charm for me when I discovered competitive battling and couldn't get it out of my mind, despite not having an interest in multiplayer at all. And because I'm not into competitive multiplayer, nor am I interested in paying for online multiplayer, Splatoon 2, Arms, Rocket League, and Pokken Tournament Deluxe don't hold much value for me.

No to the Rabbids game, they're too bizarre for me to like them.

And nothing was said of Ever Oasis- it's destined to die in obscurity, or emerge a hibernation hit (sleeper is too alert a word). I'm waiting for reviews to come in on its difficulty. The cute aesthetic makes me fear that it'll have braindead puzzles and pushover combat- and then the game will be a no buy for me.

Wow, Metroid fans are sure lucky today! Congrats to you guys!

I tried out Metroid via Amiibo Tap and it wasn't really my cup of tea, but I hope these games are great for you guys!

Edited by Anacybele

Well there goes most complaints a 2D Metroid fan could have. Looks like the Metroid franchise might be returning to Nintendo Silver status yet! (Gold is the holy trinity of Pokemon-Mario-Zelda). Worries about the death of the series after Other M and Federation Force are now allayed.

I'm not a FPS/A fan, but I have played all the 2D Metroid games, even though I'm no speedrunner/100% completionist. I'll grab it for sure, at a good price that is.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Treehouse just showed Metroid: Samus Returns, a Metroid 2 remake for 3DS...So that's why they DMCA'd AM2R.

More like they ran out of ideas before AM2R and then decided to rip it off.