Nintendo E3 2017

Tolvir

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fire Emblem Warriors- blocked it out. I took in too much Fates negativity, and now I can't stand to watch or see plot or characters in any FE game from FE13 forward. I'm not happy with this development, I wish this embitterment wasn't happening. Anyone have any advice? Still, I might get this game once my bitterness dies down a little- just like with TMS and Smash 4 and other recent games. Was any actual gameplay shown? I don't want the surprise of a character's full moveset shown, but seeing a couple charge attacks from a bunch of different characters would be good.

Wait for more characters to be revealed. The base roster is said to be the biggest ever for an initial installment of a Warriors game. And it was said that the base roster will GENERALLY be Archanea/Ylisse/Fates, not actually ONLY them. There's still a chance that guys like Ike and Ephraim and Hector will be in the base roster. Though I imagine that some of them will still be DLC.

I like the way the trailer looked and I'm sad to see people here are so negative about it. :(

I might play this even if Ike isn't in the game at all. That's how good it looks to me. Especially if a certain Awakening butler knight is playable. <3

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

More like they ran out of ideas before AM2R and then decided to rip it off.

Well, it looks pretty different so far. I've played the original Metroid 2, and AM2R is a pretty faithful remake with new additions while Samus Returns looks like it's taking more liberties.

It seems like we're going to keep getting announcements.

Metroid 2 remake has been announced and I just saw a trailer saying Etrian Odyssey 5 is coming out this fall.

There might be hope for MHXX yet.

edit

Oops just saw the Eo5 trailer is 7 days old

I blame the 'new' tag beside the vid for making me think it had just came out.

Edited by LuxSpes

I was actually pleasantly suprised with Nintendos showing.  I had already decided to get a Switch later this year (hopefull) but now I know there will be more titles worthwhile on it.  Honestly did not see Metroid Prime 4 coming that is awesome!  Really wanna see FE Warriors gameplay and more characters DLC or otherwise.  Mario Odysessy and Xeno Chronicles 2 both look jaw dropping beautiful.

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

They're different beasts seemingly. That's a highly cynical take on things.

Now... what did I say during the FF anti-hype about Metroid not being dead?

Pleasantly surprised with this E3. New Kirby game looks amazing with two of my favorite mechanics in the entire series returning, enjoying what's been shown of FE Warriors, incredibly hyped for Metroid Prime 4, glad to hear of a Metroid 2 remake (if only to rub it in people's faces after the past year's tantrums), and Super Mario Odyssey looks like it'll be fun.

9 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I'll be cynical to the grave on this one, nothings going to change my stance on it. I'm not supporting it either.

Just now, Jedi said:

I'll be cynical to the grave on this one, nothings going to change my stance on it. I'm not supporting it either.

Sigh. You're generally the voice of reason with stuff like this.

16 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I mean, he's right. It was a undoubtedly shitty thing to do and reflects poorly on them, even if this game is different it's not unreasonable to make that connection.

Edited by Tryhard

Does anyone have a schedule on when Treehouse is streaming which games? There used to be one in the last years but this time I can't seem to find one.

I asked this in several other places to and I'm genuinely surprised no one has answered. It seems like a very important thing if you're following E3 and have some particular favorites. 

25 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Not really they can't rip off a game they made in the first place and this remake was very very different to AM2R.  The fact that fans were remaking it might've set them off that fans want a remake of that's a possibility but this is not a rip off that's a very stupid thing to call it.

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Sigh. You're generally the voice of reason with stuff like this.

But generally a company doesn't completely crap on their fanbase like this, besides Konami.

I'm well aware this could have been in development for awhile now and requiring the termination of AM2R, and that is well within their right, but this timing just seems... particularly cruel. 

6 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I mean, he's right. It was a undoubtedly shitty thing to do and reflects poorly on them, even if this game is different it's not unreasonable to make that connection.

Fangames are not legal, people have to just accept that fact already, Nintendo sent a cease-and-desist because someone was infringing in their copyright, while yes, companies and creators who are supportive of fangames of their porperties exist (see profile pick), they are the exception and not the rule, what Nintendo is doing is not in any relative terms "shitty", unless you consider the very standards of copyright law to be "shitty".

Edited by OakTree

Mario legitimately looks like the best Mario right now, holy moly. FE Warriors didn't excite me much, it's just cutscenes. I know we all know what a warriors game looks like, but I want to see some real Fire Emblem inspired modes or mechanics. Show us how Xander looks when fighting, or Corrin using shape shifting limbs, Anything. Aha! They did end up with a new amiibo after all for Metroid 2 remake. We've seen amiibo at every E3 conference since the one where they first unveiled the concept. Metroid 2 looks excellent. Metroid Fusion gameplay but with free aim and a melee counter attack. Not even mad I can't play it on Switch.

Kirby looks really good. Combining powers like in 64. Getting partner AI like in SuperStar. I assume co-operative play like in Return to Dreamland. These are the big things I wanted to see return in a console game. Yoshi looks great as well. If it weren't for the lack of fruit, I'd call this Yoshi's Story 2. Overall, I'd rate this showcase in the B+ to A- range. It surpassed my expectations for sure. Just loses marks for underwhelming FE Warriors and nothing at all to show for Metroid Prime 4 or Pokemon Switch.

Metroid Prime 4 and Super Mario Odyssey. In only 25 minutes, Nintendo showed more than Microsoft and Sony did in two hours and a half.

FE Warriors is good, but it's not a mainline FE game so I don't know how much of an impact it'll have.

16 minutes ago, OakTree said:

Fangames are not legal, people have to just accept that fact already, Nintendo sent a cease-and-desist because someone was infringing in their copyright, while yes, companies and creators who are supportive of fangames of their porperties exist (see profile pick), they are the exception and not the rule, what Nintendo is doing is not in any relative terms "shitty", unless you consider the very standards of copyright law to be "shitty".

i'm not saying they weren't in their right to do it, just that they shouldn't have because they already have terrible PR and this continued to be a messy PR event for them. just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, this is obvious, and it's not like their IP was suddenly in danger by a fan game some people might play

I really did not think people would be delusional enough to defend their (or any other companies) termination of fan games like this.

Edit: But I'll give the benefit of the doubt for the actual showing: Nintendo did well. Not fantastically, but well enough. I'm sure Metroid fans will be pleased.

Edited by Tryhard

Apart from one that I could give a cynical, un-PC slur at (or two if I include one already released title). I'm quite happy of the diversity of the games. While I'm not personally a fan for the Metroid franchise, I'm nevertheless glad that a main title (albeit a remake) is coming in. Of course, there's FE to look forward to, as always for us FE fans...

Now if only they stop that "F-Zero for those who failed grade school and sent back to kindergarten and other mental retards" DLC and actually release an F-Zero title... And a Golden Sun title too...

Edited by henrymidfields

5 minutes ago, OakTree said:

Not legal, but sending cease-and-desist and having the game become vaporware is a really crappy way of dealing with things. This is just Nintendo being draconian with their IPs once again.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

But generally a company doesn't completely crap on their fanbase like this, besides Konami.

I'm well aware this could have been in development for awhile now and requiring the termination of AM2R, and that is well within their right, but this timing just seems... particularly cruel. 

Why? AM2R has been out for a while now. If they announced this right as AM2R released or something I could understand but by now it's been distributed and loved by plenty of people. And given how different Samus Returns looks, I think the two will be able to stand separately considering AM2R is a great game in itself.

For the record, I'm not defending Nintendo's actions against AM2R, I'm just not condemning their choice to remake their own game.

1 minute ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

????

Rip off of a fan game that is a remake of their own property?

Its more they were creatively bankrupt with their own ideas, probably saw AM2R (or maybe not) and went "Damn thats a good way to make a new metroid" 

I'm just being a cynical asshole.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Its more they were creatively bankrupt with their own ideas, probably saw AM2R (or maybe not) and went "Damn thats a good way to make a new metroid" 

I'm just being a cynical asshole.

AM2R has been out for less than a year. Samus Returns has likely been in development for longer considering how far along it appears to be.