Nintendo E3 2017

Tolvir

4 hours ago, Florete said:

Here's a story: about 15 years ago my family took a family vacation. My parents let my brother and I each get a GBA game for the road. We got Fire Emblem and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. We both loved both games.

Today at E3 Nintendo showed trailers for Fire Emblem Warriors and a remake of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. It's all coming around. What a day.

Super Star Saga is still one of my favorite Mario RPGs in general, glad to see it getting more attention again.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the Nintendo E3 website is borked. The poll doesn't work; login only takes me to my Nintendo account user page since I'm already logged in. Videos don't display and play and only return 404 errors...

Looks like rip 50 Nintendo points.

EDIT: The site seems to work fine on my phone; it's broken on my PC.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Did they reveal any games on Nintendo platforms in Day 2 stream that wasn't in Day 1? I didn't watch the whole Day 2 stream yet since I was busy this morning.

I do like Metroid Samus Returns and Yoshi Switch title, good thing we managed to see more on Fire Emblem Warriors.

Edited by King Marth 64

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Did they reveal any games on Nintendo platforms in Day 2 stream that wasn't in Day 1? I didn't can to watch the whole Day 2 stream yet since I was busy this morning.

I do like Metroid Samus Returns and Yoshi Switch title, good thing we managed to see more on Fire Emblem Warriors.

So far, nothing new has been revealed. It's been all:

Pokken

Splatoon

New Yoshi

Mario x Rabbids

Mario Odyssey

now: Miitopia

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hey look guys, it's a new game! Is it Mother 3?

Well, no, but it's a new game and that's something.

Is that new game "Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido" published by Nintendo like Ever Oasis or was it published by other companies? I don't see any companies that were marked in that trailer. I did tried to look at the official Nintendo website, I don't see a page existed nor created as of right now for Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido. At least this is the first confirmed Nintendo 3DS game that is coming directly in 2018, at least we know that 2017 isn't the final year for the Nintendo 3DS family since they did revealed the New Nintendo 2DS XL months ago and it's coming in this July.

Edited by King Marth 64

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of Ever Oasis, those of you who were wondering about it, wonder no more, cause you're about to get it on Treehouse. :P

I'll check that out when I get home.

Also, Sushi Striker looks lit

Super Mario Odyssey got attention again, but they still didn't say if Luigi is playable. I want to think he is since he was in the Galaxy games and 3D World. But it's still not confirmed. I hope he's playable!

This game looks amazing besides though!

12 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

He's playable in the Rabbids crossover

Duh, I was clearly talking about Odyssey, not that game? I'm wondering if Luigi is playable in ODYSSEY.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Duh, I was clearly talking about Odyssey, not that game? I'm wondering if Luigi is playable in ODYSSEY.

I was saying it as consolation. But, Luigi -could- be playable in Odyssey, after beating the game.

Treehouse showed off Ever Oasis today! And they put a demo on the eShop.

The demo was good (particularly with showing character abilities), but it could've showed off more the oasis development and management. The randomized labyrinth stuff is very well portrayed in the Treehouse presentation (and the allies' AI doesn't appear to be suicidal, wonderful). I'm liking the tablets thing- customizable difficulty should keep things balanced. 

I'm still going to wait on reviews, but I'm thinking I'll get it. Though I know the Mana series which this game has at least a lead developer from, is known for being mixed in quality. It's a little cutesy, but as a lifelong Kirby fan, I think I can handle it.

3 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

I was saying it as consolation. But, Luigi -could- be playable in Odyssey, after beating the game.

Not much consolation, then. The Rabbids crossover is a spinoff, and a weird one at that. I was initially kind of interested in it because Luigi had a Poltergust blaster, but the gameplay looks confusing. I'm not sure if I'll get it anymore. And hardly anyone is interested in this game, it looks like. It's nothing compared to Odyssey.

And I'd rather Luigi be playable earlier, like in Galaxy 2. Luigi became available in World 3 there, although only sometimes.

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, many people are legit interested in M+RKB now that it's not just a fever dream. The gameplay doesn't look confusing so much as "lacking detailed explanation". Since it's a strategy game, you could almost think of it as that Mario x FE crossover that will never happen.

18 minutes ago, Zera said:

Actually, many people are legit interested in M+RKB now that it's not just a fever dream. The gameplay doesn't look confusing so much as "lacking detailed explanation". Since it's a strategy game, you could almost think of it as that Mario x FE crossover that will never happen.

You'd still be a moron to think that playing as Luigi in that game would be on the same level as playing as him in Odyssey. Mario + Rabbids might look somewhat fun, but Odyssey looks INCREDIBLE. Plus, as far as I've seen, you really only play as Mario while his teammates follow behind him.

Plus, not including Luigi after he was playable in the Galaxy games and 3D World would just be sad.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Mario + Rabbids might look somewhat fun, but Odyssey looks INCREDIBLE.

I mean, obviously. Mario+Rabbids is just a spin-off crossover whereas Super Mario Odyessy is looking to be Game of the Year material (if Odyssey does not win Game of the Year, i will actually be upset). I've never played an Xcom game in my life but i'm legit interested in Kingdom Battle. That being said, it's not a priority for me, because it's released just a few days before the Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack releases on the Switch, and i'll be buying that instead even though i already own both Gunvolt games on the 3DS but Gunvolt is my favorite indie game series, i'll gladly take 60 FPS, HD Gunvolt and it even comes with all the DLC.

40 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I think Breath of the Wild will be the safe bet for GotY this year.

Odyssey looks great, but I can't see it beating out Zelda.

Yeah, BotW is surely going to be GotY. Everybody and their mother loves it. And I think it's super awesome too. Though it still won't beat Skyward Sword as my favorite Zelda. That's tough to do. :P

I decided to try the Miitopia and Ever Oasis demos.

Miitopia is eh... But the shenanigans that could happen with the Miis that end up appearing can be pretty hilarious. XD I might get the full game just for that. lol

Ever Oasis is really fun! I'm most probably buying this game, but it would depend on what other priorities I end up having at release.

Edited by Anacybele