Nintendo E3 2017

Tolvir

Nintendo has revealed that they have some pretty large plans for E3 this year, including a lot of new games not only for the Switch, but also the 3DS. I find that pretty interesting, I don't expect he 3DS to last another 5 years of support for new games, but the "rumor" that it was going to be supported through 2018 fits with this. 

Supposedly they have have some new content for the 3DS. They also are announcing games for the Switch as well, which isn't exactly a surprise. E3 is in a few months, specifically in June. I imagine a good bit of info for FE Warriors will be on the table, considering it's one of their larger releases of the year, and hasn't gotten a single word of content or details yet. I can also see a teaser trailer and a name drop for FE Switch, considering it has a 2018 release date, but nothing more than that.

I also have some suspicions that Smash Switch will be there, probably with its release date and reveal of the new content coming with it, like new characters. That and I saw Blizzard talking about Overwatch and the Switch. They never confirmed nor denied it being official, but I think an Overwatch announcement for Switch wouldn't be too far fetched.

what do you think is going to be at Nintendo's presentation for E3 this year? Any hopes of anything, or ideas of what might be announced?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hoping for some FE Warriors info, maybe some more on the No More Heroes they teased. 

Anything Metroid, F-Zero or Starfox would be nice (but not gonna happen).

Info on FE Warriors at the very least. I may not get the game but I would like to see more of it!

I wonder what other 3DS games are coming up; haven't been playing on my 3DS much at all recently after being done with FE Fates.

Would like to see Smash Switch and release dates on the remaining Smash amiibo.

FE Switch title if possible but rather unlikely.

Possibly upcoming info on FE Heroes like development details on the Choose Your Legends heroes.

Edited by Roflolxp54

FE Warriors stuff, PLEASE! We know next to nothing about it other than a few 3DS characters being in it.

Also would be nice to see FE Switch with an official trailer. Smash for the Switch too. More on Super Mario Odyssey. Pokemon as well!

I'm surprised there will be 3DS announcements, I figured they'd quit supporting it since the Switch is handheld as well as for the home. I seriously thought FE Echoes would be the 3DS's last game or one of the last.

Edited by Anacybele

Overwatch on the Switch would be nice, I would actually be surprised that Blizzard would take it into that direction. I'd consider getting a Switch if Overwatch was available.

A Metroid teaser would be mostly appreciated, I'm not going to shit on Federation Force but Metroid needs a game that represents its eerie ambiance, solitude and exploration. Nintendo needs to bring back the Metroid franchise from the dead, no spin-offs, no spoofs, like the good old Prime days. 

Game announcements that I would expect to sell a flood of systems would be Monster Hunter and Pokemon. I have several friends waiting on one or both of these before they pull the trigger on this console. I also personally hope there's a Switch port for FF7 remake and Kingdom Hearts 3. Ports for the KH remixes as well as other recent Square titles would be huge for the switch's promise of third party support. Atlus as well for the same reasons.

The silence thus far on the subject of Virtual Console is frankly unacceptable. If I have to wait until June for any sort of release schedule, then it had better be the best iteration and launch of VC that we've ever seen on any Nintendo system. Individual titles like the holy grail of Mother 3 or GC games could establish a good promise of content, but I find it much more important to have an extensive library initially available on the eshop of titles previously available for Wii, Wii U, and 3DS. In addition to a program of getting your old games onto Switch for free or for the massively discounted price we saw on wii u which was ~80% off.

This year's E3 is open to the public, and from what I heard of previous years, Nintendo systems tend to have the bulk of playable demos (as opposed to cinematic trailers on loop throughout the show floor). I might expect playable demos for both FE Warriors and for Mario Odyssey, as well as Splatoon 2 since it sounds like that game is planned to release sometime after E3.

No preferences on the revival of older Nintendo properties. Star Fox Zero majorly burned me, there's hundreds of indie games that revive the quality and level design of Super Metroid, and Fast RMX is the best F-Zero I've ever played. I guess I'd like to see a Kirby game. Woefully unappreciated mainstay of Nintendo systems. and our only experience with Kirby on an HD console is the spinoff Rainbow Curse.

16 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

EOV localization pls.

Even though I'm convinced by this point that it's staying in Japan, I can still wish for it.

But yeah, FE Warriors and Monster Hunter are what I'm looking for at E3.

Nintendo's going to continue supporting the 3DS until the Switch has a really strong userbase. Given that the Switch is selling well, I imagine that this will be the last "big" year for the 3DS as far as reveals are concerned.

I think we'll probably see a bunch of Wii U rereleases for the Switch, with maybe a few surprise announcements of new games.

I suspect we'll see a new Retro project, whether it be a new DK(Though I could see a Topical Cream rerelease) or a new project entirely.

What date would the Nintendo E3 2017 Presentation starts, would that be around in June like last year correct?

I wondered if we could get more info on Ever Oasis since we don't have a release date revealed yet, localization of Detective Pikachu since we don't have that game yet and they didn't bother to mention about Episode II, more Fire Emblem content (maybe more stuff from Fire Emblem Warriors, the upcoming Switch title, and more stuff from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia maybe like DLC), and more stuff on ARMS from the Nintendo Switch.

I also like to see what new Switch games are going to reveal in this presentation.

I do wish to see if they can bring one of the Tales games from Bandai Namco, Persona 5 from Atlus,  Overwatch to the Switch, and more 3rd Party titles get imported to the Switch.

Edited by King Marth 64

It's usually June 14th for Nintendo.

Arms will be out by the time E3 starts since it has a spring release date, but it would be nice to see DLC or something for it.

2 hours ago, Konnor97 said:

EOV localization pls.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Even though I'm convinced by this point that it's staying in Japan, I can still wish for it.

But yeah, FE Warriors and Monster Hunter are what I'm looking for at E3.

We've gotten every EO game that's been released including Etrian Mystery Dungeon so I doubt we wouldn't be getting this one. I think that we hadn't even had an announcement for EOV for the US or Europe yet is because Atlus is solely focusing on Persona 5 and readying that up for release, in just a few weeks actually, and I'm hoping shortly afterwards we'll be hearing the wonder news of EOV getting localized.

Speaking of Atlus, I wonder if we'll be getting Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology. 

16 minutes ago, Replica Model said:

We've gotten every EO game that's been released including Etrian Mystery Dungeon so I doubt we wouldn't be getting this one. I think that we hadn't even had an announcement for EOV for the US or Europe yet is because Atlus is solely focusing on Persona 5 and readying that up for release, in just a few weeks actually, and I'm hoping shortly afterwards we'll be hearing the wonder news of EOV getting localized.

Speaking of Atlus, I wonder if we'll be getting Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology. 

I hope so. Utawarerumono and Caligula Effect were announced by Atlus USA during this Persona 5 stuff, but it probably will come over. Atlus USA is pretty good IIRC about getting games to the west unless they're cell phone stuff.

I hope we get that as well. Gives me a good reason to try it out without having to find a copy or using other means.

Edited by Konnor97

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm surprised there will be 3DS announcements, I figured they'd quit supporting it since the Switch is handheld as well as for the home. I seriously thought FE Echoes would be the 3DS's last game or one of the last.

Reggie stated the 3DS will remain supported for quite awhile still.

Just now, Jedi said:

Reggie stated the 3DS will remain supported for quite awhile still.

I never saw that anywhere. But that still surprises me a lot since I thought the 3DS would be dead this year with the Switch out.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also would be nice to see FE Switch with an official trailer. Smash for the Switch too. More on Super Mario Odyssey. Pokemon as well!

The Switch needed a user base that is strong first, and it needed to fix its issues. The Switch sold really well, which is a good start, and they have shipped new consoles fixing its issues. But to completely drop support of an old system right when the new comes out would be a really bad business decision. Look at all the new console releases, the previous gen lasts through at least the first year, often two sometimes even more. Which sounds about right for the 3DS.

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

Nintendo's going to continue supporting the 3DS until the Switch has a really strong userbase. Given that the Switch is selling well, I imagine that this will be the last "big" year for the 3DS as far as reveals are concerned.

I think we'll probably see a bunch of Wii U rereleases for the Switch, with maybe a few surprise announcements of new games.

I suspect we'll see a new Retro project, whether it be a new DK(Though I could see a Topical Cream rerelease) or a new project entirely.

Which coincides with the idea of the 3DS being supported through 2018. 2017 is likely the last large amount of 3DS titles, with 2018 being a send off/last wave in a way. After that at it will go into limited support hell getting the sports games and nintendog type games that no one cares about. 

Unfortunately Rare is still at Microsoft, along with Donkey Kong. I doubt any new DK game will be announced, if it is it will be cross platform. I can see Metroid possibly getting a new game though. Sakurai was working on a new project last year when Smash ended, and considering he resurrected Kid Icarus from the dead I can see Nintendo putting him on the project to bring back Metroid.

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

The Switch needed a user base that is strong first, and it needed to fix its issues. The Switch sold really well, which is a good start, and they have shipped new consoles fixing its issues. But to completely drop support of an old system right when the new comes out would be a really bad business decision. Look at all the new console releases, the previous gen lasts through at least the first year, often two. Which sounds about right for the 3DS.

Yeah, I guess so. I guess I figured the Switch selling well enough was a given, but Nintendo didn't want to take any chances, which is indeed smart. And yeah, I was glad to hear that the Switch started off good!

14 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

The Switch needed a user base that is strong first, and it needed to fix its issues. The Switch sold really well, which is a good start, and they have shipped new consoles fixing its issues. But to completely drop support of an old system right when the new comes out would be a really bad business decision. Look at all the new console releases, the previous gen lasts through at least the first year, often two sometimes even more. Which sounds about right for the 3DS.

Which coincides with the idea of the 3DS being supported through 2018. 2017 is likely the last large amount of 3DS titles, with 2018 being a send off/last wave in a way. After that at it will go into limited support hell getting the sports games and nintendog type games that no one cares about. 

Unfortunately Rare is still at Microsoft, along with Donkey Kong. I doubt any new DK game will be announced, if it is it will be cross platform. I can see Metroid possibly getting a new game though. Sakurai was working on a new project last year when Smash ended, and considering he resurrected Kid Icarus from the dead I can see Nintendo putting him on the project to bring back Metroid.

Donkey Kong is not at Microsoft. Retro has made two games for the main series. Donkey King Country Returns, which was on the Wii and 3DS, and Tropical Freeze, which was on the Wii U. Plus, DK's been in everything. 

Microsoft got everything that Rare created when they got Rare, but Donkey Kong predates Rare, and wasn't part of the acquisition(They did get the Kremlings, though, so the only really identifiable baddies in Donkey Kong can't be used). 

15 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Donkey Kong is not at Microsoft. Retro has made two games for the main series. Donkey King Country Returns, which was on the Wii and 3DS, and Tropical Freeze, which was on the Wii U. Plus, DK's been in everything. 

Microsoft got everything that Rare created when they got Rare, but Donkey Kong predates Rare, and wasn't part of the acquisition(They did get the Kremlings, though, so the only really identifiable baddies in Donkey Kong can't be used). 

Ok I misunderstood what happened then. I figured that with Rare being at Microsoft, tha Nintendo needed to go through them to so anything DK related. Much like how he Hulk is technically still with Universal, but they let Marvel use him, and allowed them to make the 2008 movie.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Actually, Nintendo owns those too. That's why kremlings and K Rool returned in Donkey Konga, Barrel Blast, and cameo in games like Mario Baseball and Smash Bros. I suspect Nintendo even owns the DK Rap, a song written and performed by the Brits working at Rare. No need to clear permission from Rare or Microsoft when it comes to the Donkey Kong property. Retro could have used the Kremlings in DKCR, but it is not known why they decided against it, or whether Nintendo asked them not to use kremlings. The popular speculation is that Retro decided a new villain set would make the game stand out in this established franchise.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I never saw that anywhere. But that still surprises me a lot since I thought the 3DS would be dead this year with the Switch out.

He envisions 2DS and 3DS side by side with Switch

Probably PR talk, but the future of 3DS is definitely still a question mark. There's still the release of FE Echoes, FE Warriors, Mario Sports, that pikmin game that made me throw up, Lady Layton, and Never Oasis. Heck that's a lineup that rivals the Switch (Shots Fired!). I would think Developers would be pressured to hang on to the 3DS for its massive install base and familiarity of development. But the Switch is selling more units than expected and is apparently very accessible to develop for.

Edited by Gustavos

4 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Sakurai was working on a new project last year when Smash ended, and considering he resurrected Kid Icarus from the dead I can see Nintendo putting him on the project to bring back Metroid.

I don't think Sakurai is the proper developer for a Metroid game, as much as I like his games.

His style is quirky and fun, its not explorative, dark or emotional, with visuals telling you the story and said emotions.

Edited by Jedi

8 hours ago, Gustavos said:

He envisions 2DS and 3DS side by side with Switch

Probably PR talk, but the future of 3DS is definitely still a question mark. There's still the release of FE Echoes, FE Warriors, Mario Sports, that pikmin game that made me throw up, Lady Layton, and Never Oasis. Heck that's a lineup that rivals the Switch (Shots Fired!). I would think Developers would be pressured to hang on to the 3DS for its massive install base and familiarity of development. But the Switch is selling more units than expected and is apparently very accessible to develop for.

Oh, huh. Well, I can't say this disappoints me or anything. I do still like my 3DS.

I heard rumors about the Dark Souls trilogy coming to the Switch, I hope this will be comfirmed to be true.

Speaking of that, here's a crazy, extremely unlikely idea I had that I think would work well in execution: A Metroid game made by FromSoftware.

They just need to tell me whatever the heck Retro is working on Tropical Freeze came out in 2014 and whatever they're working on it can't be another Donkey Kong game because it would be out already if it was.  I'm excited for whatever it is it turns out they're making.  I hope it's Metroid but I'll take whatever they make. 

Official trailer for the new Fire Emblem game?  Just a little CG one... mabye...  i'm curious about Warriors  and while I have no interest in the game I am very curious to see what it's roster ends up being.

More Xenoblade 2 footage would be good as well, Also it be great if they confirm whether or not they're really going to release it in the US in 2017 which seems very unlikely to me but would be cool.  Mario Odyssey footage would be great as well of course.

A sneak peek at the DLC's for Breath of the Wild would be good as well, it'd be to know little bit more about what I paid for (lol i'm a hopeless Zelda fanboy I bought it without a second thought...).

Other than that hoping for some surprises mabye Dark Souls Trilogy this would be a great excuse for me to finally get into the Souls  series which I just been kind of iffy about but now I feel like I could maybe handle now. More third-party announcements in general.