How do you counter Takumi?

Snowy_One

How do you counter Takumi, especially in the arena? The guy really ticks me off because he seems to have some great stats, bonus against fliers, and counters both 1 and 2 range. The only thing close that I've found is trying to bait him away from his group before dog-piling him. This... is not practical. How am I supposed to take him out?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Male Robin and other raven tomes 

2. Tomes in general (with chip damage in some cases)

3. Someone who has high defense

4. Kagero

5. Klein

6. Pretty much anyone with distant counter

7. Some Brave weapon users 

8. Quite a few units with bowbreaker

9. Really any manakete not named Fae or Ninian

Any questions? 

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

1. Male Robin 

2. Tomes in general

3. Someone who has high defense

Any questions? 

Can I ask for clarification on tomes in general? Takumi can one shot my Linde quite easily who's the best mage in the game. I assume -blade users like Nino could take him out in one shot with a particular team set up, but I don't see tomes in general countering Takumi. Especially making it impossible if he has vantage. 

The best Takumi counter, who laughs in the face of all pineapples, M!Robin. Or you can go the classic clone method and do a Takumi vs Takumi showdown. Also Takumi hates magic. Like a lot. Linde, Tharja, and company like to eat roasted pineapples for breakfast. Lastly the high speed, high offense melee for a ORKO if you really have no where to go.

I was lucky enough to pull Hector, who laughs at Takumi. I started out using m!Robin before I got Hector and really integrated him into my team, but eventually I was cutting all my mages for being low-rating and Hector was handling Takumi perfectly fine on his own anyway.

Just now, SlipperySlippy said:

Can I ask for clarification on tomes in general? Takumi can one shot my Linde quite easily who's the best mage in the game. I assume -blade users like Nino could take him out in one shot with a particular team set up, but I don't see tomes in general countering Takumi. Especially making it impossible if he has vantage. 

Heh I find it kind of funny that you're asking for "clarification" on tomes in general

Get it? Cause I said "general".

Yeah, anyways. I meant that most tomes can kill takumi if you can get off chip damage. Maybe I'll tweak the post a little

7 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I'm going to take a guess that your Linde has the unlucky bane of -def ( or -hp) , which makes neutral Takumi be able to OHKO. Easily fixed by adding a hone/spur/rally def unit in your team. Now Takumi will not ORKO Linde and instead Linde eats him.

Edited by Kiran

Cecilia is the best option that you're guaranteed to have.  Everyone else has given good suggestions as well, of course, but yeah.  Guaranteed to have.

Male Robin and Henry should work, since they have the -raven tome to get WTA over Takumi, solid Defense, and Special skills that boost their damage using their Defense stat (M!Robin gets Bonfire, which charges faster, while Henry gets Ignis, which is stronger). I think they could both work, though I might lean toward Henry since his Defense is slightly higher (his Attack is a bit lower, but Ignis can pick up the slack, and Takumi's Resistance isn't that good anyway). I'm not so sure about Cecilia, since her Defense is suspect (or at least mine was, I dunno if that's always the case), but she has a -raven tome and you can get her for free, so she could be useful.

I pretty much kill Takumi using Sharena since Sharena can 2HKO him, especially with Olivia support. I don't own a male Robin and Cecilia is simply too slow and fragile to kill Takumi (she can't OHKO him even with WTA and Takumi usually deals severe damage to her if not ORKO her).

2 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

A solid mage, ninja, or tank usually works.  Sometimes you have to let Takumi start the first fight so you can kill him during the next one.

Ah yeah, Kagero can really hurt Takumi as long as she gets the first attack on him first.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Reinhardt smashes Takumi's face in without taking a point of damage in return. Even -ATK Reinhardt vs. +RES Takumi should be able to take him down. +ATK or any kind of Attack buff will also let Klein kill Takumi, again without a point of damage. Of course, the pay-off is that both of them have horrible BST and you have to kill Takumi on player phase (he one-rounds both of them if he gets the first hit in), but Reinhardt especially is the perfect Takumi counter since he doesn't need support to do it. Tharja also gets the job done, but she'll eat some damage in return.

Triangle Adept MRobin laughs in his face, basically, and you can get those starting at 3*. I would say Robin is the best option, because he's physically bulky (compared to Cecilia, who's more readily available but is a wet paper towel) and also conveniently counters reds as well. Hector is solid, but he's a 5* and hard to get. Offensively I can buff Nino enough to oneshot Takumi--given neutral Takumi I would only need 58 atk on 5* neutral Nino, which isn't hard to get (Hone Spd+Hone Atk does the job) and if she has LoD2 she'll even oneshot +Res or +HP Takumi with just those buffs. 

I personally use Ryoma as my Takumi remover, though. I switched Nino over to using Hone Spd so 51atk/42spd will ORKO any unbuffed Takumi and be 3hko'd in return. Also I have vantage on him, so even if I don't kill a Takumi entirely they're not getting me again.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I can confirm that Raven tomes + Triangle Adept make Takumi trivial. I gave my Sanaki Raudrraven+ and she takes 11 damage from him while retaliating for 60. And as others have said, a blade tome user with enough buffs can one shot him.

Aside from that, before getting Sanaki and Nino, I mainly used a tanky unit to damage him first before finishing him with a mage.

In addition to the aforementioned, I run my adult Tiki with Quick Riposte 1 and she ORKOs him on enemy phase if he attacks first. QR1 comes from Subaki who is obtainable with the daily hero battles so it's not particularly hard to get (then again I did also pull like 6 Subaki tryna get Ninian).

Nowi should be a similar case.

Edited by BANRYU

Me personally?

I run Eirika/Nino/Kagero/Cordelia. With either Eirika or Nino's passive buff, Kagero and Cordelia* both ORKO Takumi before he can retaliate. Kagero can also take a hit, so I can use her to pull Takumi if necessary. I think Eirika-buffed Nino can handle -Atk and -Res Takumi, too.

*Cordy may not work on +Def or +HP Takumi; I haven't tested. But Kagero is a clean OHKO on every Lv. 40 player Takumi I've ever seen.