How do you counter Takumi?

Snowy_One

@Snowy_One There are 3 main methods for dealing with Takumi.

1) Have a unit tanky enough to deal with multiple hits while capable of killing him in return. 

As many others have said, a neutral male Robin with Triangle Adept takes literally 0 damage from all Takumis except for +Atk (+Atk Takumi deals 1 damage to neutral Robin. Big whoop) while Robin OHKOs or comes close. This isn't exclusive to Robin, of course; you can do this with any mage that has a -raven tome, either naturally or inherited. Hector also trivializes Takumi, or any armored unit with Distant Counter. Even without Distant Counter though, many tanky units like Iote's Shield Michalis or Effie can just tank a hit on enemy phase and smack Takumi on player phase.

2) ORKO him

Pretty self-explanatory, but what units can do it? Well, any mage or archer with Bowbreaker for one, but also many mages are fast enough to double and ORKO, such as Linde (provided she isn't -HP or -Def). This can also be achieved by any -blade tome user, such as Nino, with enough buffs, who will outright one-shot him. Another unit type that's capable of this is a strong Brave weapon user, such as Brave Axe Cherche or Reinhardt. Kagero also gets an honorable mention for being able to OHKO most pineapples. If you have a mage that is capable of killing him in two hits but isn't fast enough to double him, Quick Riposte is another option in addition to Bowbreaker that would let you tank a hit then kill him on enemy phase. Alternatively, if you have a unit that IS fast enough to double him but is so frail that they cannot get their two hits in because Takumi's counterattack kills them (so Linde for example), consider getting Desperation on them to allow them to double him before he gets a chance to retaliate. 

3) Vantage

Fight Vantage with Vantage. It's pretty straight forward, but if you cannot tank through multiple hits but also cannot ORKO him, you could stick Vantage onto a ranged unit (or someone with Distant Counter like Nowi or Ryoma). Just attack him on player phase and let him suicide against you on enemy phase. This also works on Takumis with Vantage since Vantage doesn't activate if they're the one attacking you. 

These are some tips off the top of my head, but if you wanted a more in-depth answer, it might help to show us what units you have. 

EDIT: Bonus calculations time!

Spoiler

In case this helps you with teambuilding against the dreaded pineapple: neutral Takumi's stats are 40/46/33/25/18 (HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res)

What does this mean?

To OHKO Takumi, you either need to do at least 40 damage in one blow or do 20 x 2 damage. 

Assuming no WTA (so basically any unit that doesn't have a -raven tome), you would need a physical unit with 65 attack or a magical unit with 58 attack to one-shot him. There aren't many physical units with this kind of attack power, but a -blade mage like neutral 5* Nino would be able to accomplish this with +12 to Gronnblade (so 3 +4 buffs. Only 2 if one of those buffs is attack). 

Kagero is able to one-shot him at 5* if she's +Atk or he's -HP or -Def because of the bonus damage from Poison Dagger to infantry. 

A -raven tome user with Triangle Adept would need at least 42 attack to OHKO neutral Takumi. This is achievable if Triangle Adept Robin is +Atk (giving him 43 attack) or if Takumi is -HP or -Def. This would also work on any mage with an inherited -raven tome and Triangle Adept with at least 43 attack (if you do not have TA, the -raven mage would need at least 49 attack). 

A physical Brave weapon unit would need at least 45 atk to OHKO Takumi, which is achievable by multiple units, such as +Atk Klein (with help from his natural Death Blow) or neutral Cherche with a Brave Axe (even without Death Blow). 

A magical Brave weapon unit (which is only Reinhardt or Olwen at the moment) would need at least 38 attack to OHKO neutral Takumi. This is achievable by neutral Reinhardt or +Atk Olwen. 

If you don't have a Raven mage, Kagero, or Brave unit that can OHKO him, you can still ORKO neutral Takumi if you have at least 38 spd and either 45 atk (if you're a physical unit) or 38 atk (if you're a magical unit). Or if you have that much attack and also Bowbreaker/Quick Riposte. 

All of these calculations are, of course, not taking any buffs into account, so you could potentially have a character that usually has less than the specified attack OHKO Takumi with buffs. Alternatively, you must be careful to take any buffs Takumi has into account as well when planning. You must also pay close attention to stats, as these calculations are just for a neutral Takumi with 0 merges. Obviously some calculations will be different if Takumi is +HP, +Def, or +Res for example. 

I hope these at least give you some idea of what you need to take on the pineapple though, and I hope you found this all helpful. 

Double EDIT: Put calcs in spoilers to avoid clogging up the thread. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I dealt with him with Robin, he ate a counter and then Robin finished him. It helped that sharena and alfonse buffed Robin's atk.

Now I dropped Robin in favoe of Klein, who one rounds him (my klein is +Atk).

And then I got Nowi who just blows the hell at him with Threaten Res and her super dooper breath.

Running some silly calcs, it's funny that Cecilia is the most potent raven tome user, she one shots any takumi variant with either +Atk or an atk buff. Gonna 5☆ dat ceci.

Edited by Quintessence

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

At first I dealt with him with Robin, he ate a counter and then Robin finished him. It helped that sharena and alfonse buffed Robin's atk.

Now I dropped Robin in favoe of Klein, who one rounds him (my klein is +Atk).

And then I got Nowi who just blows the hell at him with Threaten Res and her super dooper breath.

Running some silly calcs, it's funny that Cecilia is the most potent raven tome user, she one shots any takumi variant with either +Atk or an atk buff. Gonna 5☆ dat ceci.

You dropped Robin, in favor of Klein, and might bring Cecilia to 5 stars?

Okay

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

1. Male Robin and other raven tomes 

2. Tomes in general (with chip damage in some cases)

3. Someone who has high defense

4. Kagero

5. Klein

6. Pretty much anyone with distant counter

7. Some Brave weapon users 

Any questions? 

+Bow Breaker

Depends on the team I'm running. I prefer to OHKO/ORKO him. Depending on boon, Nino doesn't need many buffs for an OHKO if she's around. Adult Tiki absolutely destroys any Takumi on the EP with Quick Riposte (mine's +Atk, which is never required with an Atk buff, and if one's not available, it only really helps against heavily merged +Res variants...and most people with a lot of Takumi's won't merge into the +Res one)...and he donates a full Bonfire charge to the cause as well, which is nice.

If I can't OHKO/ORKO him, I try and send someone with high defenses at him, like Effie, and possibly have a mage like Julia chip him first...depending on what his Spd is, he might not double her. Effie doesn't mind Vantage, and even if he gets her with Vengeance she'd live if he's the only one she's tanking (might be close though).

Edited by LordFrigid

my male robin takes him out very easily and if im not using male robin i just have nowi deal w him because my nowi has high defense 

but thats just what i do personally

@Arcanite - Probably everyone have trouble with him.

Meanwhile... I need an efficient way to kill Nino was minimizing casualty. But... best option is Hones/Rally Tharja. oh well. Havent seen a Linde so far this week.

Uh, I always use my own Takumi... Or I let him attack my Oboro, so he suffers a debuff in Def, then attack with same Oboro... Or anyone else that is near

Until today, I have only lost agains a Takumi if there is a dancer near him or a M!Robin, that combination always become hard for me

Edited by SniperGYS

My main strategy is to OHKO him with Julia. She has 49 Atk (and 33 Spd so she can't get doubled without buffs) against neutral Takumi's 58 HP+Res, so what I do is bait him in with Femui for a pittance and Seal his Res for 53 HP+Res. Then Femui's Hone Atk kicks in on my phase to give Julia a perfect 53 Atk. If he's +HP/+Res Lucina steps in with Spur Atk. If he's -HP/-Res I just stack Hone and Spur Atk and let Takumi kill himself on EP with the amped-up power of Jesus Naga.

Alternatively a proc from any of my main three annihilates the pineapple in one shot. Or Lucina can double him to death if he's at most neutral Spd.

I usually weaken him with my own Takumi first because obviously my greatest enjoyment in life is watching pineapples fight each other.

But yeah, basically I weaken with Takumi and finish off with another of my units. Generally I let the other Tako hit me first so I can just finish him off with one attack next turn instead of using two. Everyone else has made great suggestions too -  Reading this thread has made me wish I had an M!Robin lol.

I'm on the Ryoma boat. Set Ryoma up in range of Takumi and Takumi will usually rush to his demise.

+SPD, -ATT Ryoma just needs a speed buff to handle +SPD Takumis, otherwise he can handle Takumis fairly well on his own. I don't remember if he needs extra stuff for +DEF or +HP Takumis, but my guy has Vantage. Vantage Ryoma solves almost everything.

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Okay

any problem

Fite me

Basically because I've never had serious issues with Takumi so I don't have the urge to build a specific counter for him.

I've also faced deadly vantage takumis and dealt with them comfortably ~

Edited by Quintessence

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Cecilia is cool, unlike in her own game, where she's decidedly meh. At least she doesn't join in a desert chapter here in Heroes.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

any problem

Fite me

Basically because I've never had serious issues with Takumi so I don't have the urge to build a specific counter for him.

That's cool I guess.

But 5 star Cecilia though? You sure about that?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Cecilia is cool, unlike in her own game, where she's decidedly meh. At least she doesn't join in a desert chapter here in Heroes.

Are we talking about the same Cecilia here?

No defense, decent attack, HP is meh-esque. She needs +speed to reach Robin at neutral. Not to mention she is green which is always an automatic disadvantage (Not to be racist).

Anywho enough debating about random tome users. I'm actually surprised this wasn't locked up yet. Is Eclipse dead? @.@ 

I've had Male!Robin since I started the game, so I've never really had any major trouble with Takumi, and now, with skill inheriting, I've given him Triangle Adept for when I'm on offense, and he deals with Takumi like he's nothing.

I have a +DEF 5* Cecilla with Triangle Adept. She one-shots Takumi and takes near-0 damage in return. I often just place her in his attack range and problem solved. Otherwise she only ever has red tomes to worry about.

Most units with a Raven tome can do the same job. I'm currently saving feathers for an ATK+ 5* Sophia with a Raven tome and Sword Breaker. Could do the same thing, but can deal with reds rather than blues for a different team comp.

Bow Breaker works too with any unit without a Raven tome. But they'll likely be receiving a lot more damage.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

That's cool I guess.

But 5 star Cecilia though? You sure about that?

Are we talking about the same Cecilia here?

No defense, decent attack, HP is meh-esque. She needs +speed to reach Robin at neutral. Not to mention she is green which is always an automatic disadvantage (Not to be racist).

Anywho enough debating about random tome users. I'm actually surprised this wasn't locked up yet. Is Eclipse dead? @.@ 

Completely sure. Favoritism I guess. She hits hard colorless units, provides res buff, is mounted and overall has ok stats, more atk oriented tho. I also want to have a 5* cavalry team and I already have 5* abel and priscilla, so I just need either eliwood or stahl, or another cav I get cuz I want to pass fort and hone cav to others and get rid of gunter and jagen.

I already have a bunch of red banes so I don't worry about it :P:

Lilina with the raven tome and a +4 Attack boost will OHKO even the +RES variation of Takumi if she's not -ATK.
Since I have no Henry, I stuck bowbreaker on Lilina and called it a day. Now I'm using +SPD Lucina + Fury 2 so any variation of Takumi is doubled if not buffed and she gets in range for desperation after the battle.
Before skill inheritance, I used to use Camilla+dancer to kill him taking advantage of Savage Blow and Draconic aura. It was a rough time.
My tip is to eliminate him as quick as possible because threaten speed is no joke and you can get caught in situations where probably you will lose a unit, especially in maps like the lava one.