Quests and Missions Discussion Thread

Kaden

Apparently, there isn't a general quest thread, so I guess there is one now?

So, need help? Ask here. Hopefully someone can help you out.

Want to complain about a quest? I guess you can do that too, but don't get too angry. It's not healthy. :P:

Or just want to talk about stuff related to the quest? Then here's the place.

To start, @Iris, here are my units. Level 35+

Spoiler

Red

5*: lv. 40 Lucina (low HP, high res) and Eirika (low HP, high def), and 35 Eldigan (low HP, high speed).

4*: lv. 40 Tiki (low res, high def), lv. 38 Palla (low HP, high def), and lv. 37 Selena (low HP, high def).

Blue

5*: lv. 40 Effie (low speed, high HP)

4*: lv. 40 Catria (low speed, high attack), Corrin (average), and Subaki (low res, high attack), and lv. 38 Sharena.

Green:

5*: lv. 38 Hawkeye (low HP, high unknown; might be attack or speed) and lv. 36 Raven (low def, high res basically making him Anna in overall defense).

4*: lv. 40 Frederick (low res, high speed), Gunter (low HP, high attack), Merric (low hp, high res), and F!Robin.

3*: lv. 40 Cherche (low attack, high res) with first, spare Arthur's Lancebreaker 2 and an unlearned Emerald Axe -- she was the reason why I beat Lunatic Michalis. Your sacrifice was not in vain, Arthur.

Colorless:

4*: lv. 40 Lissa and lv. 35 Jakob (low def, high attack).

Units close to level 35 or above level 30:

Spoiler

Red

4*: lv. 34 Cain (low def, high res) and Eliwood (low res, high attack), lv. 33 Sophia (low attack, high res), and lv. 32 Alfonse.

3*: lv. 33 Laslow (low HP, high def), lv. 31 Eliwood (low HP, high speed), Hinata (average), and special map Olivia (average), and lv. 30 Fir (low speed, high def).

2*: for kicks, a lv. 28 special map Stahl.

Blue

4*: lv. 32 Sully (low res, high def) and lv. 31 Ninian (low attack, high HP).

3*: lv. 35 Corrin (low speed, high def), lv. 33 Jagen (average) and Ursula, lv. 32 Gwendolyn (low def, high HP), Oboro (low res, high attack), Shanna (low HP, high attack), and another Shanna (average). Also, a lv. 34 Odin (high speed, low res) who exists...

Green

4*: lv. 33 Anna, lv. 32 Bartre (low attack, high def) and Raven (low attack, high speed), lv. 31 Arthur (high attack, low res), Barst (low attack, high def) and Michalis.

3*: lv. 31 Beruka (low res, high HP) and Cecilia (low def, high res).

Colorless

4*: lv. 32 Gaius (low res, high HP).

3*: lv. 35 Azama, lv. 34 Wrys, lv. 33 Felicia (average), and lv. 31 Virion.

It would be nice to just beat 9-5 deathless or not. Deathless with an axe unit means 3 more orbs, but I can live without that since I have 104 orbs right now and I don't really need anyone besides an archer who is not Virion and better red mages -- should probably train up that Raigh more like eclipse suggested since I only have that crappy Sophia -- and another blue mage since Ursula's fine, but I'd like another option. Maybe the Spring banner will be accompanied by a generic one or better yet, a new units banner.

Edited by Kaden

Training Tower Quest Woe

and March Quest Woe

though I admit ... its a little less obvious. I dont think it was planned to be a discussion but it eventually became one.

I have over 30 units at level 40. Hopefully I can get a deathless. Then again ... never know because 0 inheritance. Havent tried. And I should.

@Ryuke, well, those are specific. I looked around and there wasn't even a general one -- I did see the Woe threads with the Training Tower being one of the daily topics, so I would have been blind to have missed that -- that just covers, well, general quest stuff like maybe someone had trouble with the Blazing Shadow quests, but they didn't ask or if they did, they asked in the general discussion thread and I figure that maybe all the complaints could be directed to one thread since they're going to be a monthly thing, so... Eh, I don't know.

Edited by Kaden

The best idea for deathless quests is to hold onto spare lights blessings. so you can use em before a unit gets koed.

@Ryuke I haven't done inheritance or used a Light's Blessing yet, and these quests, while painful, were still doable!

To kick us off...

4* Olivia is better than 3* Olivia since she has Hone Attack 3, but I don't think it'll be necessary for Robin to kill things in 9-3 and 9-4. It might be for Ursula to OHKO Xander especially since you don't have her at 40, but to remedy this, I suggest training her up to 40.

9-3:

For 9-3, it turns out I used a strategy similar to this video, you can bring Catria instead of Abel. She might take a little long in killing the cavalier, but she should get the job done. And dance shenanigans with Robin until you kill the last lance unit. Alternatively, instead of Tiki, you can use Lucina like I did.

Let me refresh myself on what I did for 9-4 since I can't remember my 4th member although I think it was a healer. 9-5 I'll type up in a bit.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Lunatic 9-5 can be cleared using only free units (Raigh, Felicia, Hana, Subaki).

I cleared Lunatic 9-5 using 5* Lyn, 4* Ursula, 4* Olivia, and 4* Lissa with Lyn and Olivia as the only survivors.

Yeah but, can you use a free axe to clear it? For the March Lunatic quest.

A trained Raven can ORKO the Blue Mage (his only job in 9-5), but the positioning is very specific to make this happen.

Just now, Iris said:

OP asked for a method to clear 9-5 in general, not specifically for the Lunatic quest.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

OP asked for a method to clear 9-5 in general, not specifically for the Lunatic quest.

I know, but in context of his other post (the precursor) to this thread, he wanted a way to finish the March Lunatic quest. I'm sure he'll be happy with whatever advice we throw at him.

11 minutes ago, Iris said:

A trained Raven can ORKO the Blue Mage (his only job in 9-5), but the positioning is very specific to make this happen.

the only axe user you can get from a hero battle is gunter, though i'm sure it's possible to do it with him

there's also michalis and narshen though if you got them when you could

Edited by unique

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Yeah, either or works fine, but in context to this thread being a Quest discussion thread, the option of clearing it according to the Lunatic Challenges thread would be more appropriate. If it doesn't happen in time, then whatever, I'll clear 9-5 later some day. I've got like 330 days to clear it for the Shards & Crystals quest and 1 orb isn't going to kill me.

5 minutes ago, unique said:

the only axe user you can get from a hero battle is gunter, though i'm sure it's possible to do it with him

there's also michalis and narshen though

Yeah, I'm sure someone could think of a strategy that involves the latter two.

FOR 9-4:

Uh, I don't remember this one as well, but my Lance Unit (Peri) had one job. Just bait the enemy. She didn't even fight anything this map. So I guess you can just use Effie, and have her wait on the other side of the wall and the bowman will attack you. Let the enemy approach you (escape downwards if need be), and after a turn or two (or whenever Masked Man can reach you, but the rest of the enemy can't), leave Robin (standing next to Olivia) in range of the Masked Man, who she will kill on enemy phase. The 4th unit you brought (I believe I brought a Red, probably Lucina) with the help of Robin + Dance can mop up the Axe Armor and the Bowman, and you can let whoever pick off the healers.

31 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Lunatic 9-5 can be cleared using only free units (Raigh, Felicia, Hana, Subaki).

I cleared Lunatic 9-5 using 5* Lyn, 4* Ursula, 4* Olivia, and 4* Lissa with Lyn and Olivia as the only survivors.

Seriously. I just smashed the subscribe after seeing this.

I just assumed gender... but never knew MKV is a girl.

dont know if I can get Subaki (lv20 @ 4*) on time.  hana is at level 38 (bleh).. raigh is 37. (4*); lv 20 felicia.. though I can probably substitue with jaffar. Though I might try with a my own team. Since I did cleared 9-5 easily. Dont remember if its deathless or not.

God.. no Brave Lance user at all for 9-3 => Ephraim/Sharena/Est/Shanna/Wendy at best.

Edited by Ryuke

34 minutes ago, Iris said:

@Ryuke I haven't done inheritance or used a Light's Blessing yet, and these quests, while painful, were still doable!

To kick us off...

4* Olivia is better than 3* Olivia since she has Hone Attack 3, but I don't think it'll be necessary for Robin to kill things in 9-3 and 9-4. It might be for Ursula to OHKO Xander especially since you don't have her at 40, but to remedy this, I suggest training her up to 40.

9-3:

For 9-3, it turns out I used a strategy similar to this video, you can bring Catria instead of Abel. She might take a little long in killing the cavalier, but she should get the job done. And dance shenanigans with Robin until you kill the last lance unit. Alternatively, instead of Tiki, you can use Lucina like I did.

Let me refresh myself on what I did for 9-4 since I can't remember my 4th member although I think it was a healer. 9-5 I'll type up in a bit.

Yeah... The other thing is that of the myrmidon units I have -- I count Olivia as one because you can make her as one in Awakening --, she and Fir have been good to me. Although, Fir's low speed, high def nature isn't as great, but she's still pretty good all things considered. Lon'qu has been a trainwreck with the bane/boons he's gotten. Hinata's more of a tank, but he's all right. So yeah, training her would also net me a decent myrmidon.

Ursula's my only blue mage. Odin's... Why, developers... Why? I'm going to have to level her up, especially since she might be a key player in the eventual Xander GHB, but one issue is that she's really frail against physical units and a lack of R Tomebreaker -- I'd love to give her that from Odin, but I like having Odin around because he's a fun character even if he's a terrible unit -- at times does suck when I want to challenge red mages since she's fast, but sometimes not fast enough. There's also the issue of having a very high cooldown special.

For 9-3, apparently the axe knight has Drag Back. That's how Tiki died. Still beat the map... again. The same setup happened in the video, but apparently neutral speed Tiki is off by 1 point from doubling him. I should have just left Robin there alone in the corner and then fought the knight with Olivia giving her another turn to finish him off.

Same dude used Sully and mine just had to have low res for high def. I guess I'll have to do the Effie bait strategy. Weird thing is, if I recall correctly, she takes 18 damage from the archer. The hell kind of arrows do you have, man? I want some of those. Heck, you could join my army since I have no other archers.

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden

9-3:

OH DRAG BACK. That reminds me why I didn't follow this strategy. Sorry, I cleared this a week ago, so I forgot~! Okay, you can follow that video up until like a minute, but instead of placing Tiki there in the range of the armor dude, just place Robin behind the wall, and she'll kill Ursula. Then you can send in Lucina or Tiki (the turn after) for the kill along with F!Robin's support.

9-5

I have a super specific strategy to beat 9-5 with an axe unit, although it can be replicated as long as you have a unit that can ORKO Veronica. If it's still confusing after me explaining this, I can re-do it turn by turn and take screenshots, just let me know. orz that stamina, though.

UNITS:

• Slot 1: Ursula
  • Slot 2: Olivia + Hone Attack 2+
  • Slot 3: VERONICA KILLER (Lucina should suffice in your case)
  • Slot 4: Axe (Raven, or anyone who can ORKO Blue Mage)

You probably need to train Ursula and Raven a few more levels; I don't have the damage calculations handy, but you can figure out what ATK they'll need to kill Xander and the Blue Mage in one round respectively.

I believe this is what roughly happened:

1. End turn one with the positions I wrote in pink (orz Microsoft paint edits). This should bait the healer towards Ursula, and everyone else towards your other two units.

2. With the help of Dance!Olivia, Ursula should be able to kill the healer in this turn, while staying out of the enemies range. It's important you  kill this healer in this round because the red infantry unit has Wings of Mercy. Olivia should end her turn next to Ursula to give her continuous attack buffs. Position her so that she can run off after Xander the next turn, though. Move your red and green unit one or two spaces (out of the enemies range) likely in a left or down direction.

3. Send Ursula to OHKO Xander. Position Lucina closer towards Veronica, and Raven towards the Blue Mage.

4. Lucina ORKOs Veronica, Raven ORKOs Blue Mage.

5. Pile on the Red Infantry dude (Lucina walling Ursula), while Raven hides.

6. Victory, victory~!

Edited by Iris

@Iris, y'know, the hilarious part is if that strategy works for 9-5, then Lucina has been a player in each difficulty of 9-5. I had a feeling it would happen, but knowing that it would happen, I don't think it would be deathless since on normal and hard, everyone went after Lucina like she murdered their kittens or something and each time, she died before taking out Veronica and some other unit. Also, each time, one unit was completely and utterly useless. The first it was a 3* Subaki (low attack, high speed) who was supposed to be there for Xander and the sword infantry, but I'm pretty sure either Lucina or someone else did everything and on hard, another unit sat there doing nothing. I think it might have been Catria or maybe the 3* Corrin.

Thinking about it, wasn't there a crack pairing between Lucina and Xander because of something FE Heroes did? I guess Xander got angry at her or something. Or Lucina's angry at Xander because he's with Veronica now. :lol:

*looks at screenshot* You... you have a Setsuna? Game, why? What did I do to deserve not even having any archer including a should be common one? ;_;

Anyway, so I guess the order since I don't know exactly when the position update is going to be live and to make it easier since this is one of the enemies rush down maps, should be from left to right: Ursula, Olivia, Lucina or some Veronica killer -- this is starting to sound like a weapon from Castlevania --, and Raven considering Hawkeye disintegrating each time I tried to do this map has made me lose faith in him being up to the task.

As for 9-3, Drag Back has gotten me at least 4 times -- I should really check the unit's skills more often, but since the game doesn't even let you position your units before starting yet, I've gotten into a habit of anything goes on the first try. Roy's map with Gwendolyn who has Drag Back, Donnel's map and he has Drag Back, GHB Michalis's lance flyer and sword flyer, but she didn't pose a problem unlike lance flyer, and finally, axe knight whose name nobody knows has Drag Back on Lunatic 9-3.

Edited by Kaden

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

*looks at screenshot* You... you have a Setsuna? Game, why? What did I do to deserve not even having any archer including a should be common one? ;_;

Let me know if you need specific turn 9-3 help. As long as no one is in the Armor's range, you should easily be able to OTKO with both Robin and Lucina (or Tiki) after Ursula is disposed of.

I have other 5* Red Swords (Marth x2, Lyn, Corrin) that could be substituted but I typically field Lucina for challenges because she tends to hit the hardest and is the quickest. Lucina is a S+ Tier unit for a reason.

Yeah, you're right on position order. Sorry if that was unclear.

And the screenshot is actually from SF main site's images, didn't want to waste stamina going in there. I actually have all those units, though, although my Setsuna is 3*. I don't really use my archers (I have 4* Gordin, 4* Jeorge, 3* Niles, and 3* Setsuna), although I have Gordin trained and he's good for certain situations. Brave bow is cool. I'm F2P but I don't sit on my orbs (although I have about 80 saved up, right now).

Good luck~!

Baiting the archer at the bottom is a sound strategy. F!Robin will annihilate mighty mask, and you can either start the battle by moving her up top within his range, or you can stick your bait by the archer's wall, and mask will come running down the center. After he moves once you can position Robin just inside his attack range and the axe armor will still not be able to reach her. Have Tiki ready to step in front after he's dispatched, and the axe armor will then roast itself.

How's Jakob's Def? If he can take a hit from the archer, just use him to bait the bottom so he can strike back, and stick your Lissa next to him. Rehabilitate should easily heal up whoever has to be archer bait.

In my admittedly fallible opinion, 9-4 looks really scary, but is nowhere near the headache the 9-5 is. I have burned nearly all my stamina for the last couple of days banging my head against 9-5. How is it that my 5-star Minerva, one of the most offensively fantastic units in the game, can't ORKO that stupid blue mage at level 40? Why do they have 35 blasted speed?! Screw that guy!

@Iris, yeah, I don't think Tiki's going to work for 9-3 at all. She also gets doubled by the green mage and she has res bane, so, yeah... Probably gonna have to use Lucina which is fine.

@Omegaprism, I tried the use F!Robin to bait the Mysterious Man, but it only works if he does not die in the battle which leads to F!Robin taking massive damage because of her not so great res and the Mysterious Man getting healed to pretty much full HP by the cleric. If he will die from attacking Robin, then the cleric goes and fights Robin which just leads to Robin taking unnecessary damage.

Jakob's got def bane, so with Defense +3, he's got 21 def as a level 36. At level 40 as a 4*, he's going to have under 23 base defense without Def +3. Jakob's fast and has Renewal, but it's going to be really risky. I'd need to bring someone with a def buff.

Guessing nobody's having problems with the Spring quests? Just a high level cap for the Lunatic ones and you don't even need to ensure anyone lives, so whatever, free orbs if you beat them. Also, Xander's horse holding a carrot in its mouth is the cutest thing.

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden

Yeah, just use Lucina.

Additionally, since you're having trouble with 9-4 and I had free stamina, I decided to replay (did before and after photos of turns)

9-4 I forgot to take photos of the first two turns, but it's basically Peri just standing in range of the bow dude, then retreating southwards.

9-5

Edited by Iris

Cleared them all.

tl;dr for newbie

Olivia/Ursula/GRobin are kinda a must.

I swear... each lost hurts 25 stamina.

---------

I have a team similar to Iris 9-5 except Tharja not Lilina.
Same thing really. 

Edited by Ryuke

Actually, I have something in mind for this.  Once I figure out the finer details, this thread will be locked.

But first, lunch!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Since this thing is gonna be locked anyway,

What ya eatin?

A baked chicken thigh, seasoned with salt, skin on, and brown rice.  Which is what I've eaten for the vast majority of my meals for the past 5 months.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

A baked chicken thigh, seasoned with salt, skin on, and brown rice.  Which is what I've eaten for the vast majority of my meals for the past 5 months.

Sounds yummy

Kinda like me except the only thing I eat is cereal.