Ridiculous skill idea

Jotari

What if there was a skill that swapped your hit and damage. So you could get crazy numbers like 100 damage but only a 10% hit rate. Would such a skill be hilariously useless, completely broken or somehow quite balanced?

Ooh, I like this idea.

While it sounds useless and extremely situational, this is the kind of bet I'm willing to take.

After all, this is high risk/ high reward scenario and that would be hilarious to nuke some unit out of nowhere.

Seems like it'd be more useful in LTC than normal play haha.  It'd be pretty broken for LTC, though!

I once imagined the Gamble skill being one that swapped Crit% with Hit chance. Would make for a super hype but also frustrating character to use. I guess in Fates it would work and be appropriately broken. Reclassing to a Berserker, getting Death Blow and a killing weapon and you're already past 50% hit chance before your skill is factored.

I'd say hilariously useless - far more often than not, you'd have less chance to hit than you would with an OHKO move in Pokemon.

Power and Crit woud be quite fun to do.

Or, to go with the idea, exchanging Skill and Power while calculating Damage. Swordmaster would be quite dangerous with such a skill. Speed and Power would be fun as well.

A cool, but strange skill would be one that exchange Defence and Attack (physical and magical) would be fun as well, though highly situational. Or one that exchange your offense or defence with the ennemy...