Does Hawkeye suck?

Junkhead

I was pretty eager for Hawkeye when he first came out. I got a *4 Hawkeyr , which is the next best thing. He performed decently the first 20 levels or so, than took a downhill. He gets doubled basically anyone, and only really makes up for it against Blues (if even, because he barely 2HKOs a lot of those). I took it he was supposed to be a tanky-ish hard-hitter, and he doesn't really excel in any one of those. Only reason he's not taking the boot is because I like the character and because I already got him to lvl.30.

His defenses are flipping fantastic. His attack is good with death blow. His special aint half bad

But that speed

:(

Edited by Arcanite

I love Hawkeye... but....

Let's see. He's no Frederick/Cherche with Brave.
Since I have him 5*. Let's quickly build him. (and him at +Atk at 4*)

Silver Axe+
Fury 3
Quick Riposte 3
MoonBow/Iceberg/Luna

On defence; he loses to 20 units with bane -3 def/res (Think of this as the opponent boon in atk)... win 30 ; draw 64
11/34/69 on neutral

I wont lie the above build is quite expensive. And in many cases... he probably have low HP after the first tank.

Let's do another build. This build is even more unrealistic. But... its theory.

Silver Axe+
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte 3

19/70/25 (63/28/23 on atk boon)
Pretty much a mini Hector with 2 move & resistance.
^ on defence.

Let's attempt a Brave Hawkeye
Brave Axe+
Death Blow 3/Fury
Axebreaker 3

18/65/31 on offence. Not bad. not amazing.  13/56/45 with fury
27 losses on defence against neutral enemy.  19/4/91 with fury

Conclusion

Yeah... there isnt any amazing build to get out of him. A much as I want to do something with his skill set. His Brave build is the cheapest. There's already better options for Brave => Cherche/Frederick/Raven (his own)/Minerva (I think).

If someone can get Hawkeye defence result down to less than 10 losses. We can throw a Vantage/Brash Assault for best usage. I am kinda sad.
only reason why no one plays defence ... is because when you hones/rally another person attack... your math is already messed up.

Edit: I hope in future update it wont be waifu emblem. They gotta do something with high HP unit. Either bring in Runesword or something. Or high def/res unit. 

It's kind of funny how male units are really strong in their game because high atk + good skill and female unit are weak because susceptible for strength screwed. Well.. in this game... speed > atk (as much as it hurts to say)

Edited by Ryuke

His defenses have spectacularly failed to impress me. Other than Anna he was my only axe user for several weeks, so I took him through most of story mode and put him on my arena team (HAHAHA what a terrible idea). Outside of a very select few scenarios he got doubled to death instantly, and on the rare occasion when he survived, failed to kill his target, and then either spent the rest of the fight cowering in the back or sacrificing his life to chip one more target. His special, while cool when it does finally go off, almost never reaches its timer.

He's got some nice art, and I was also a fan from Blazing Sword, so I really tried to make him work, but Anna is a better unit, and she is guaranteed to be in your army from the start. :(

He's got some decent skills to pass on, though.

10 minutes ago, Omegaprism said:

His defenses have spectacularly failed to impress me. Other than Anna he was my only axe user for several weeks, so I took him through most of story mode and put him on my arena team (HAHAHA what a terrible idea). Outside of a very select few scenarios he got doubled to death instantly, and on the rare occasion when he survived, failed to kill his target, and then either spent the rest of the fight cowering in the back or sacrificing his life to chip one more target. His special, while cool when it does finally go off, almost never reaches its timer.

He's got some nice art, and I was also a fan from Blazing Sword, so I really tried to make him work, but Anna is a better unit, and she is guaranteed to be in your army from the start. :(

He's got some decent skills to pass on, though.

Other than Darting Blow... there's nothing worth passing on.

Killer Axe is meh... Killer / Moonbow makes a good combo. but there's better.

Oh, I agree that there's better, but his threaten attack 3 comes at 4 stars, and that's at the very least a decent filler for an off-tank.

Also, Darting Blow? Are you sure it wasn't Death Blow? I ditched my Hawkeye already, but I could swear it was Death Blow...

Hawkeye was my first 5 star pull and he's not great. His Special goes from one wonky AOE to a new wonky AOE without a damage boost, and I generally need to bait a healer to attack and double him in order to charge it up. He's not commonly one rounded, but his one hit deals little damage outside player phase. Threaten ATT helps his fights against 1 range units (-10 damage since they'll double), but that's it.

9 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Other than Darting Blow... there's nothing worth passing on.

Killer Axe is meh... Killer / Moonbow makes a good combo. but there's better.

Death blow, not darting.

Edited by Gustavos

Yes. He sucks.

In my first run of the game before I rerolled a 4* Hawkeye was my main/only green unit and he was a spectacular disappointment. He died so much.