Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The irony of having Caeda as one of the banner's Focus characters is that Caeda is required for recruiting Navarre in Shadow Dragon.

that's uh

not what irony is

and it was probably done on purpose considering minerva was in the michalis banner

6 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Female Robin was an odd exception, but Navarre is literally just a random party member.  There is absolutely nothing special about him.

except you know

being the first recruitable sword user ever

as well as appearing in almost every piece of media related to the archanea games

regardless of his importance to the game he's undoubtedly a popular character

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Sigh...one of the daggers is a poison dagger (the one on the right side of the map). I thought we dealt with enough of them in the Ursula battle. 

Not to worry, nobleman! At plus they have a whopping 5 might.

Just bring an armored unit (Hector)/Robin and you'll be fine!

Unless they have mad resistance. But even then they have to have low defense so don't worry about it

4 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Sigh...one of the daggers is a poison dagger (the one on the right side of the map). I thought we dealt with enough of them in the Ursula battle. 

Is there a source for this? I would like to actually use that to plan for my team. Also, not surprised there's a poison dagger.

7 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Is there a source for this? I would like to actually use that to plan for my team. Also, not surprised there's a poison dagger.

If the direct map is true, then you can tell by the weapon shape. Though a rogue dagger is also possible.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Not to worry, nobleman! At plus they have a whopping 5 might.

Just bring an armored unit (Hector)/Robin and you'll be fine!

Unless they have mad resistance. But even then they have to have low defense so don't worry about it

Robin is going to need a healer if he is dealing with a poison dagger. Because typically they have high speed (so they are doubling him) and high res. I really hate daggers as I can't double them...brave weapons are the only way to go. 

EDIT: NVM its a rogue dagger. Looked at a youtube vid with better resolution and its clearly a rogue dagger. 

Edited by Kiran

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

If the direct map is true, then you can tell by the weapon shape. Though a rogue dagger is also possible.

Robin is going to need a healer if he is dealing with a poison dagger. Because typically they have high speed (so they are doubling him) and high res. I really hate daggers as I can't double them...brave weapons are the only way to go. 

I actually can't tell. I wanna say rogue dagger because there isn't a red handle but poison daggers seem more likely cause it's a grand hero battle after all.

If it's indeed poison daggers, then my Robin is going to be much useful here. Again.

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

EDIT: NVM its a rogue dagger. Looked at a youtube vid with better resolution and its clearly a rogue dagger. 

Looks like another one Hector can just plow through... Unless Navarre has an ability that lets him take out Hector.

Yeah, I love navarres new art, it's absolutey fantastic, but stat-wise he's quite meh.

made even more extreme by the fact that the next three ghb are zephiel, Xander, and Lloyd, all of which are much more interesting.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Looks like another one Hector can just plow through... Unless Navarre has an ability that lets him take out Hector.

Yeah, I love navarres new art, it's absolutey fantastic, but stat-wise he's quite meh.

made even more extreme by the fact that the next three ghb are zephiel, Xander, and Lloyd, all of which are much more interesting.

The green axe has hammer. So be careful with Hector.

9 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Robin with sword breaker probably one rounds Navarre.

Dancer dances Robin to move down one left one

______ uses drawback to save dancer from death

4th units sits there and watches the children play

Looking at that map... the only thing that comes to mind is to splash green axe with Brynhildr and double draw back Leo out of the way. Doesn't look like a hard chapter, unless the rogues have ungodly stats. In fact, it looks like the rogue's are the only probem, so yeah... Robin gets on stage.

But man... that datamined version of Navarre sure is underwhelming. After Ursula and Michalis I kind of forgot Grand Hero Battle units could be that bad.
Well, I hope Lloyd is at least okayish, I'm getting tired of using the superpowerful fates cast (and Xander is looking good).

Don't foresee much difficulty with this map. Going to go with Camilla, M!Robin, Roy, and a filler. Maybe Olivia. These maps are getting real easy for those of us who have been playing since day 1 as most of us have multiple lv40 units already. 

Just now, Michelaar said:

I am kind of iffy about this datamined banner. Effie AGAIN? She was also in the Ursula banner. So I hope this isn't true

I don't see anything wrong with more Effie

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That actually works pretty well with what my plan is. 

Lol. For me. It's narcian for there throw in kagero. And improvise the rest.

Just now, Michelaar said:

I am kind of iffy about this datamined banner. Effie AGAIN? She was also in the Ursula banner. So I hope this isn't true

Just show how broken the tier list system is. Pretty much. Every male character needs a buff

I would pull for Kagero, but I'm gonna be burning my orbs praying for Easter!Lucina and Hinoka on the other banners that we know about, so I most likely won't have any left to try for her. Ah well.

Still, since I have the chance to strategize for Navarre early here, I'm thinking of trying M!Robin (4-Star +DEF/-RES, has Triangle Adept 2 and Swordbreaker), Henry (4-Star, +DEF/-RES), Sakura (5-Star +HP/-DEF, Leaving now. See you when I get home. Rehabilitate/Heavenly Light), and Ninian (5-Star +HP/-ATK, has Wings of Mercy) for dealing with Navarre. I like the idea of having two -raven users, with Robin because he's got advantage over everything except the axe guy, Henry because he doesn't face WT disadvantage from anyone and has slightly higher DEF than Robin, Sakura because I need a safety net for when those two take a lot of damage, Ninian because dancer support seems like a good call and Wings of Mercy could help if Robin/Henry can't quite one-round someone.

Do you guys think this could work?

26 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Lol. For me. It's narcian for there throw in kagero. And improvise the rest.

Just show how broken the tier list system is. Pretty much. Every male character needs a buff

Hector too weak, pls buff.

Seriously though, not all male characters need buffs. Ryoma, Hector, Ephraim, Takumi, Robin and Eldigan are all great units as is.

18 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I just don't like they use Effie again. Why won't they use Gwendolyn? It's also just a lance using armor knight. 

Because gwen doesn't have smite or wary fighter or death blow

She's just gwen lol

Just now, Arcanite said:

Because gwen doesn't have smite or wary fighter or death blow

She's just gwen lol

Still no excuse. We have seen worse things on those banners before.

12 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Seriously though, not all male characters need buffs. Ryoma, Hector, Ephraim, Takumi, Robin and Eldigan are all great units as is.

While I agree that some male characters do not need a buff, there is typically a female unit that does their job better. Practically all the top tier mages are female (Linde, Nino, Julia, Tharja, Lilina ect.). All the manaketes are female. Ephraim gets beaten by Sharena, Effie, and Azura in terms of utility. Lucina is arguably the best sword user in game. Kagero is the best dagger with her unique weapon. Literally the only spots that male units win in are bows and axes. 

25 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Well the c units. Guys like Hawkeye. Stahl. Just to name a few.

Meanwhile for female we have.

Lucina. Effie. Kagero. Setsuna. Cherche. Catria. Cordelia. Lyn. Ninian. Linde. Nino. Tharja. Fae. Tiki. Azura. Julia. Etc.

I am talking about male that have awful speed and have all their stat padded on hp. I don't know what the inheritance tier is thinking. But u can build a stronger Hana than Karel. Because Karel has excess stat on hp.

Even sharena can beat Ephraim. 

@Kiran setsuna x 4 probably already surpassed takumi. And cherche vs Hector... If you have a choice. I probably rather have nuke cherche.(I am bias.. a little).

Wait till Charlotte becomes the next cherche for infantry. It will happen.

Edited by Ryuke