Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

Infantry quest: Dragon Wagon. Refined Lightning Breath laughs at the daggers. TA Nowi eats Navarre. Tiki says hello to the Axe Fighter...then eats him. Fae does not eat the manakete, because that would be cannibalism. She, uh...plays with the manakete until they get exhausted. Yeah. Ninian does dancer things.

Cavalry quest: Elise and her three clean up buddies abused Gravity+ & Reposition.

Flier quest: One of these days there will be a GHB where I won’t be able to have Caeda do all the fighting. That day is not today.

Spoiler

Armor quest: Fielded Tharja (raw dmg, with a regular -Blade Tome because I couldn’t be bothered to promote her infantry self to give her the + version), Sheena (buff bot), Black Knight (buffs, damage) and Henry (Armor March support and damage on the manakete). Basically started by dropping Tharja in the forest tile next to the top right deployment slot to take out the thieves, and worked from there.

Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

accidentally did the armour quest in one try thanks to Hector, Vector, Halloween Henry and BK. Didn't think it would actually work because of having 3 greens and I was really wary of the Hammer infantry to the right.

BK initiates, baiting Navarre and the 2 thieves. This meant that BK was in lower health than I wanted though but thanks Henry's Armour March ignoring forests, it actually didn't matter too much. What did matter though was BK and Henry having an S support, so Henry had to be within BK's range to double the thief on the right (plus Hector's Goad Armour).

Vector was on the left side, finishing off Navarre, and then taking on the manakete on enemy phase with HP to spare, which was low enough for Berserk Armads to do its thinf the next turn. He still had Night Sky though so his special wasn't charged until next turn but that was fine.

Hector dealt with healer no problem and BK finished off the remaining thief.

This is why I love Armour Emblem

Couple tries each for Cavalry and Infantry, Armour was the easiest for once.

Cavalry was just Lyn assassinating Navarre turn one, then Xander taking her place and tanking all the things. Needed the second attempt because without the +atk seal, Lyn is one damage short of the kill. Cecilia is there to wipe out the Manakete and Camus is there for moral support.

Infantry I tried something similar with dragons with Dark Aura Linde buffing them, but Linde can barely dent Navarre. So it ended up being Tiki wiping out the right side of the map while everyone else dealt with Navarre and the Manakete while slowly retreating. Super messy kill with Ninian having to tank both of them. While Tiki easily tanks one ninja and takes zero damage, Nowi gets really low from the other one so my plans all went awry. Had to do a second attempt because I forgot to set any seals on the first.

Armour was easy, but I did come prepared - BK tanks everything with the help of Close Def and the various Def buffs and seals from the rest of the team and that's pretty much it. Turn two he runs away while the other three (Effie, Amelia and Hector) sweep in and mop up with ease.

Opted once again to not bother with the extra 4* Navarre so I didn't attempt fliers.

Edited by Humanoid

My infantry is just Nowi.

Armor is Amelia, Effie, Black Knight, Henry.  Amelia took the dragon, Black Knight the axe, Effie Navarre, and Raventome Henry the colorless.  

Flier is Witch Nowi, Myrrh, Valter, Summer Corrin.  Myrrh flew up to take the dragon and one of the daggers, Nowi took the axe, Valter took Navarre.  

Cavalry is Elise, Xander, Cain, Frederick.  Xander tanked everything the first turn then we retreated to the bottom.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Fliers: Caeda, Summer Corrin, Cordelia, and NY Azura - Just upgraded Caeda's Wing Sword. She's looking better than ever!
Cavalry: Brave Roy, Elise, Cecilia, and Reinhardt - Elise's Gravity also got an upgrade, so  I figured I'd test her out. It was pretty useful here.
Armor: Hector, Amelia, Black Knight, Effie - Hector wrecks the ninjas. I suspect BK would do the same!
Infantry: ULTIMATE FAIL - lol I went for Dragon Emblem with Tiki, Ninian, Nowi, and Myrrh.... Totally forgot that Myrrh wasn't melee infantry (RIP). XD Switched her out for PA!Azura

I somehow managed these quests the quickest. Maybe it's because I'm slowly getting used to them? Or the older maps are a bit easier than some of the newer ones? I thoroughly enjoy the challenge these quests provide, but it it also really shows just how far I've come. I remember really struggling with this map when it first came out.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Totally forgot that Myrrh wasn't melee.

I mean she is. Just not an infantry :P

But yeah I guess the older ones are easier now that people have powercrept units.

It'll be interesting to say...tackle Ursula's map with the units we have now plus Skill Inheritance being a thing

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I mean she is. Just not an infantry :P

But yeah I guess the older ones are easier now that people have powercrept units.

It'll be interesting to say...tackle Ursula's map with the units we have now plus Skill Inheritance being a thing

XD Whoops. I shouldn't forum on an empty stomach. 

Omg. I remember hating Ursula's map. I couldn't even beat the second difficulty when it first game out. I'm ready for the elite quests this time around!

Well that was easy. Infantry took me 2 tries. Armor 3. Fliers 1. Cavalry was quite difficult. Spent 3 stamina potions. With the right skill inheritance and SS managed to clear it.

I can’t speak about Narcian since I didn’t get a chance to try doing the quests yesterday but this was a lot easier than Xander. I did the melee and armor ones first try :D: I did struggle with Cavalry though but I somehow managed. (yay for Camus taking a hammer to the face multiple times and living)

I’ve yet to do the flier quest though and I’m not really looking forward to it. I really love/hate these quests. For one it makes me think of strategies that usually end up with me using units I’ve neglected for a while. But on the flip side it makes realize I need to train more horses and fliers (I seem to be okay on the armor side at least)

@Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Hilda @eclipse @Rezzy @Ginko @Fei Mao @Johann @DefaultBeep @SatsumaFSoysoy @mcsilas

This one took a few tries because I forgot how I did it before. When his infernal first arrived I beat it literally with this team in like one try. Couldn't remember what I did though and ended up losing a couple of times before getting it right. Wasn't really hard, just a matter of who tanks what and where you want the enemies to go. All in all pretty mild.

Infantry: Negligible difficulty. Hero team of course.

Cavalry: Camus/Rein/Cecillia/Xander. Cake. Took a few tries until I got the right setup of horses. Then the map was decimated.

Armors: One or two tries. No Panic Ploy = Black Knight destroys everything.

Fliers: The hardest by far. Had to run S!Corrin/Cherche/Hinoka/Palla after NY!Camilla wasn't cutting it. What I mostly needed was Goad Flyers and Drag Back though, so I gave the latter to Palla and with some careful positioning, I beat it. Took 2 or so stamina potions though. Not very fun.

The real challenge starts tomorrow. F!Robin to this day is probably the hardest infernal GHB I've dealt with since I've had meta units like Bridelia. Berkut and Legion were jarringly hard for their time, but F!Robin blindsided me because I didn't see it being that hard coming, especially after beating the former 2 GHBs on infernal already. 

Edited by Zeo

Flier team gave me the most problems. Using S-Camilla, Tana, Myrrh and Caeda, I had to invest in Raventome and QR2 on S-Camilla just so she wouldn't die to the two daggers. She still didn't end up killing them on enemy phase, just baited them out. It was a real clusterfuck the whole way through, with Myrrh left with 1hp, and both Tana and Caeda on 2hp by the end.

Amour team went fine. Hector, BK, Effie, CrimboChrom. Hector killed the two daggers as expected. The rest was fairly straightforward.

Infantry went swimmingly, no retries. Vanguard Ike, Fjorm, Axura, Bridelia. Fjorm baited and killed those daggers, Axura killed that dragon, and the rest just fell into place.

Cavalry was a piece of piss. Rein with MB + QP OKROs Navarre, a fully buffed TA3 QR2 Xander repos him out to safety, kills the axe and both daggers on EP. Dragon and healer are killed next PP. The other two horses were Gunnthra and BLyn.

Edited by Raven

@Zeo nice blocking path! , I cleared it with my S!Gaius's party with no retry. Fortunately, flier team doesn't have orb quest so I decide to pass, not gonna spend anymore potions for Threaten Spd fodder. Armor team is too easy breezy with Hector Vantage build and  Steady Breath Burger King. Cavalry need more set up on Sacred Seal, I use Brave Roy Galeforce to sweep some of them and reposition. Everything else is straight forward with Rein, Cecilia, Camus.

Infantry was a cakewalk for this one - it's how I completed the Infernal last time.

M!Robin, PA Azura, Shiro and Joshua sorted it :)

Horse Emblem is proving a bit trickier. I keep sorting out my problems bit by bit and running into more.

One issue - Sigurd keeps getting taken down to below QR level by the daggers, so he can't double the axe user.

Me earlier: Oh man, I wish there was a seal that did the opposite of QR v.v

...It took me two more failed runs to remember Brash Assault >.<

My next issue is to give Titania Reposition so grinding up some SP for her. I'll probably do all this and then need a different team altogether, but I've been wanting to give her a positioning skill anyway.

Armour was easy OG Hector is not read to retire anytime soon.

Cavalry was also on first try with my second string team (Ursula, Titania, Camus and BRoy)

Infantry was hard until I remembered that Nowi is much better than Fjorm.

My standard flyier would cut it so U had replace Minerva with Skyzura (despite not built yet) and give Cordelia firesweep lance+, I am fine with that.

Pretty easy GHB overall. Might get the Usual Squad + Hoshido fam clears up later tonight

Trying to Ryoma solo is frustrating though because he's short exactly 1 atk and i need all his skill slots for stuff, and im not allowing buffs

managed to clear it with only him killing everyone but one of my fillers had to take a hit bc there was nowhere to run and that was feelsbad

Armor took two tries with BK, Hector, Sheena, and Effie, but only because of a positioning error I made. Thanks to a goad armor, hone armor, and an ally support BK actually managed to double Navarre which was surprising and hilarious.

Infantry also took an extra try because of positioning (the manakete managed to have just enough attack to kill my -res Celica), but I didn't even need to make any changes from the group I used for Narcian (Celica, Adult Tiki, Micaiah, and Axura). Tiki started by tanking everyone and cleanup wasn't to bad afterwards, though Axura did need to survive a hammer to the face.

Cavalry surprised me by happening first try. Sigurd continued to be a blessing, though having pain+ on my Priscilla ended up saving my bacon (she was able to get the Bowbreaker shuriken user just low enough for Lyn to one shot him)

My flier team continues to be my strongest. This one was a cakewalk, though it helped that Azura could hold her own in a fight.

Shout out to Navarre for having such an easy map.

DD seal is the real MVP on this map dealing with those stupid daggers.

I was able to clear all of the quests on this one.

Cavalry: This team is hilariously wimpy, I badly need to just give Leo Rauðrblade+ instead of this limbo of waiting for a Brynhildr refine.
Leo
Titania
Camus
Sigurd

Armor: How did this end up my most competent non infantry team? DD seal on Hector cleared almost everything out on his own.
Hector
Burger King
wRobin
Arden

Flyer: Ceada is -spd and the deadest of weights poor thing, but her Fortify Flyers was nice for those stupid daggers. Michalis and Hinoka carry this team, Minerva still needs more SP.
Michalis
Hinoka
Ceada
Minerva

This was the most fun one so far, just since for fliers I got to watch Camilla bait and kill everything besides Navarre himself. It was great.

Cavalry and armored took me a few tries each. I had to figure out the right way to shift the armors around and for cavs it took a few tests to see what Xander needed to bait all the units on the first turn. I ended up needing to take fury off and putting the spur def seal on Priscilla, then it went smoothly.

Infantry was mostly a joke thanks to Fjorm.

Edited by Alkaid

(but lumi why are there fliers)

(bc I can't not deploy 4 so they're the easiest to get out of the way that's why)

(and no hinoka's lance goads herself not ryoma there are no buffs on him)

Edited by Thor Odinson

This was pretty recent, but hey, we have more quests now.

Infantry Emblem: 5* Eirika (+1, Fury 3, Swordbreaker 3, Rally Def, Bonfire, Fortify Res 1 Seal), M!Robin (Daggerbreaker 3, Reposition, Atk 1 Seal), Julia (G!Tomebreaker 3, Reposition), Nohrzura (WoM 3, Luna, Spur Res 1)

l cleared it with this team last time, and the only difference is that Eirika has less bulk but doubles the axe because I merged the one I used onto a +Spd one. Might be able to do it without Nohrzura but either her or Eirika is likely necessary for Robin to tank the knives. Julia also needs him to break the Aegis on the manakete for her, while Eirkia takes out the axe and cleric. She and M!Robin deal with Navarre as well.

Armour Emblem:

This armour strat has 1 SI. Not mine obviously, but it's worth sharing because of relative accessibility:

Cavalry Emblem: 5* Sigurd (Reposition, Glimmer, Atk Smoke Seal 1), L'Arachel (Hone Cav), Titania (Death Blow 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cav 3, Swap, Iceberg), B!Lyn (S rank Summoner, Swap, SAA 5)

My B!Lyn starts by 1-rounding Navarre. If that doesn't show what happens on offence effectively, I don't know what will.

Anyway, Sigurd repositions her and tanks, taking out the axe user. The manakete is in front of him and caused a failure last time, so I have Lyn attack, near 1-rounding the manakete, get Sigurd to reposition and have L'Arachel finish. From there it's about ensuring all three can't attack at once, allowing Titania to get one of the thieves with an Iceberg proc. I'm not remembering everything right, but the cleric's the last unit to take out anyway.

Flier Emblem: 5* Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Newmilla, Valter (Same as for Xander/Narcian)

Magical witch girl OP plox nerf. To be fair, this one is a lot more Newmilla, who tanks a lot of hits from the knives and the cleric. To start, Witch!Nowi 1-rounds the hammer with Valter 2 spaces away, then Newzura gets her out of there. From there it's a bit more limited due to the manakete popping into the middle of the party, which takes up the next turn and leads to Valter tanking the knives and Navarre. From there it's a bit of a mess as the rogue dagger thief messes up everyone's stats in conjunction with the cleric using panic (Because Hone Fliers is always the right call, right?), but Valter and Newzura have to be moved out when they take too much damage (though Navarre's dead first). Eventually all the damage doesn't matter as I finally take out the knives and the cleric after that. Might have redone once.

So far:

Infantry - One day, the answer won't be "throw Leon at the problem".  PA!Azura, Lucina, and Lukas helped out, too.

Flying - My -raven is Camilla.  Slapped Daggerbreaker on her and breezed through the map.  Nowi and Corrin helped out, and Catria took a surprising amount of flak.