Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Okay, that's like the fourth gauntlet battle I've lost in a row now. And mainly because the opposite team has complete or nearly complete advantage. Can the game stop doing this please? It shouldn't be happening and only serves to annoy. >.>

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Okay, that's like the fourth gauntlet battle I've lost in a row now. And mainly because the opposite team has complete or nearly complete advantage. Can the game stop doing this please? It shouldn't be happening and only serves to annoy. >.>

Try running a grey unit as your lead, they can function at least against any color not packing a Raven tome (and Robin is the only common one of those). 

I'd offer my Kagero as assistance but I believe we're on opposite sides lol ;;

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Try running a grey unit as your lead, they can function at least against any color not packing a Raven tome (and Robin is the only common one of those). 

I'd offer my Kagero as assistance but I believe we're on opposite sides lol ;;

Don't have a colorless I can use. Virion is the only offensive one I've leveled and he's pretty bad. The rest are healers. Because the game won't let me pull archers or dagger wielders not named Virion or Matthew (and sometimes Niles).

And I lost again. Enemy had complete advantage again. Two reds and a Takumi. I had two greens and a dumb healer.

Edited by Anacybele

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Whose team are you on again? If you just choose your rep based on your gauntlet person's weakness that should cover most matchups (ex: if you're backing Cordelia use a red rep to cover greens). 

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You could use a lower level unit. The random pairings are based roughly on your unit's stats/level, so your enemies and your random ally will be comparable. The ally you get from a friend, however, isn't chosen based on this, so you'll still get a lvl. 40 ally. So if you used a level 20 character, your team would be: your level 20, a level ~20 ally, your level 40 friend, vs. a team composed of enemies that are ~20. So that's a guaranteed win, if you're getting too tired of bad matchups.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Whose team are you on again? If you just choose your rep based on your gauntlet person's weakness that should cover most matchups (ex: if you're backing Cordelia use a red rep to cover greens). 

I'm on Cordelia's team. But why should that matter?

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm on Cordelia's team. But why should that matter?

I was just wondering so that it'd be easier to recommend reps. In any case, as I said, if you take a red unit along, like Marth or Lilina, you should very rarely run into bad matchups since Lilina covers Cordelia's green weakness and can handle archers as well. 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Every team I face has at least an archer or two.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I was just wondering so that it'd be easier to recommend reps. In any case, as I said, if you take a red unit along, like Marth or Lilina, you should very rarely run into bad matchups since Lilina covers Cordelia's green weakness and can handle archers as well. 

I won't always have a Cordelia on my side though? I also don't have Lilina, so it'd have to be Marth if I use a red unit.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of archers on the enemy side too. I don't understand why, they don't have color advantage against anything. I'm also seeing a lot of red units. In fact, that's what the last few enemy teams I've seen were made up. Red and archers. Maybe I need to switch to Sharena or male Robin.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I won't always have a Cordelia on my side though? I also don't have Lilina, so it'd have to be Marth if I use a red unit.

Well, no, you can't guarantee you'll have Cordelia on your side, but people tend to put their gauntlet leader as their rep (not that they should), so you're statistically more likely to get a Cordelia than another random unit. Anyways, Lilina was just a throwaway example; Marth's a solid unit to use though. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Well, no, you can't guarantee you'll have Cordelia on your side, but people tend to put their gauntlet leader as their rep (not that they should), so you're statistically more likely to get a Cordelia than another random unit. Anyways, Lilina was just a throwaway example; Marth's a solid unit to use though. 

Not really. I've very rarely had a Cordelia on my team.  did have her a few times, but not a lot.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of archers on the enemy side too. I don't understand why, they don't have color advantage against anything. I'm also seeing a lot of red units. In fact, that's what the last few enemy teams I've seen were made up. Red and archers. Maybe I need to switch to Sharena or male Robin.

> people using archers

> every representative character in the gauntlet is a flier

hmmmmmmm

Yeah when in doubt switch it up, trial and error. Robin can beat archers at least

Edited by BANRYU

Yep, male Robin was the best idea I ever had right now. I was against a team of all reds again. All swords too. Robin did a sweep. Chrom and Sakura didn't have to do a thing.

(And why do I keep ending up with a healer? Maria, Sakura, then another Sakura, in a row)

Edited by Anacybele

....okay, serious question. Is it normal for my ranking to be not appearing / showing up as unranked? During the current round it showed up maybe once as being the 700-feather tier, but hasn't shown anything since. Is that just the server having to catch up or something, or is that like an indicator that I've fallen off of any possible ranking on the scoreboard or what?

This was happening last round as well (not last gauntlet though) and I'm finding it mildly concerning.

Just now, BANRYU said:

....okay, serious question. Is it normal for my ranking to be not appearing / showing up as unranked? During the current round it showed up maybe once as being the 700-feather tier, but hasn't shown anything since. Is that just the server having to catch up or something, or is that like an indicator that I've fallen off of any possible ranking on the scoreboard or what?

This was happening last round as well (not last gauntlet though) and I'm finding it mildly concerning.

If it went from ranked to unranked, sounds like you dropped off. It updates every hour or so.

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

if you're spending little to no flags, it's likely you just fell of the scoreboard. i spent a good bit of flags last round and was never unranked, but after my first few rounds this time spending no flags i quickly fell to unranked.

1 minute ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

If it went from ranked to unranked, sounds like you dropped off. It updates every hour or so.

So that just means I'm beyond the 100k marker, right? Aw poop. Guess I shouldn't have used those daily flags after all lol thought I might be able to secure a spot higher than 100k with those but guess not. 

ohhhh wellllll

Thanks for the clarification folks just wanted to make sure I understood how it works

Any Minervites here who have colorless leaders? Despite doing nearly 30 battles, I have had a total of 0 colorless allies. Which is odd, since colorless was easily finished for me last round.

ID: 3392065146 

Leader: Takumi 

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Any Minervites here who have colorless leaders? Despite doing nearly 30 battles, I have had a total of 0 colorless allies. Which is odd, since colorless was easily finished for me last round.

Does this Takumi have vantage?

Cause I already have one Kiran friend so you better be worth your weight in cereal!

9 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

So that just means I'm beyond the 100k marker, right? Aw poop. Guess I shouldn't have used those daily flags after all lol thought I might be able to secure a spot higher than 100k with those but guess not. 

ohhhh wellllll

Thanks for the clarification folks just wanted to make sure I understood how it works

Yes, below the 100k threshold. Which team are you on? If it's Camilla, it makes sense you'd drop off without using flags.

Anyway, you're welcome.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Does this Takumi have vantage?

Cause I already have one Kiran friend so you better be worth your weight in cereal!

Sorry, but he's completely vanilla. If you want Ephraim, Roy, Camilla, Minerva, M!Robin are also choices. Or you can go for lv40 4*s which I have too many to put here. 

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I have Rebecca as a leader