Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I think the reason Ephraim is Minerva is because Ephraim was the beloved underdog. Minerva would probably fit that since people are actually rooting her *cough @Arcanite cough* for this month's gauntlet despite knowing full well that they aren't beating Camilla. Cordelia would be Chrom because well... people like Chrom as much as they like Cordelia (after all they were chosen for the Summer Scramble DLC). As such, I don't think Hinoka should be Chrom. Everything else seems fine (i'll draw the line with Cherche and Sharena though).

I suppose. I was thinking more in terms of how the bracket will likely play out.

My predictions/guesses:

1st Round:
Beruka will lose no matter who she's up against.

Cherche will win if up against Beruka. She might have a shot against Minerva due to Awakening popularity, but I have a feeling most of the Awakening fans will go to Cordelia. She'll get destroyed if up against Camilla.

For Palla and Subaki, it's hard to say. If they're up against Hinoka and Cordelia, they're definitely going to lose. But if they're up against each other I could see it going either way.

Hinoka will win if she's not up against Cordelia. Same for Minerva if she's not up against Camilla. See previous remarks for if she's against Cherche.

2nd round:
Camilla and Cordelia will win no matter who they're up against.

3rd Round:
Might be close, but I'll call it for Camilla.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I personally feel like the people who choose over a paltry 1500 feathers rather than which character they like most defeats the entire purpose of the gauntlet, but who am I to tell them how to play  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In any case, I don't expect Cherche to win the whole thing, but I'm sticking with her ship till the end. 

Because none of these characters are worth caring about?

Because this is just a silly event?

Because feathers are in short supply and any extra boost helps?

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I personally feel like the people who choose over a paltry 1500 feathers rather than which character they like most defeats the entire purpose of the gauntlet, but who am I to tell them how to play  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree, but that' just how it is I guess.

This is why I think that the winning team shouldn't get anything for being the winning team. Maybe they could get special art, or all the winners could get special "Voting Gauntlet" versions down the line? Or a focus with various gauntlet winners, or something. Having these rewards will just lead to people jumping on whoever they think is going to win and inflating the numbers.

3 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I agree, but that' just how it is I guess.

This is why I think that the winning team shouldn't get anything for being the winning team. Maybe they could get special art, or all the winners could get special "Voting Gauntlet" versions down the line? Or a focus with various gauntlet winners, or something. Having these rewards will just lead to people jumping on whoever they think is going to win and inflating the numbers.

So what winner got last time? More feathers? I went with Lucina. I didn't feel like I benefit much.

I think I'm gonna go Tsubaki because underdog and I have him (though I never played Hoshido route I always remember wanting him for myself when you fight him on Nohr path, love tanky pegs) and then Cherche because I also have her and I like her alright. I really love Minerva but I don't have her, might end up throwing my support behind her anyway.

I'm going to go with Minerva if

1. She doesn't go against Camilla in round 1

2. I don't pull Cordelia or Hinoka by the time voting gauntlet arrives. 

I would have liked it if Catria had made the cut. But alas it was not meant to be. 

I keep seeing people mentioning which units they actually have influencing their decisions.  I thought the gauntlet was just picking a character to support.  Do you get a bonus if you actually have the unit, then?

Just now, JJ48 said:

I keep seeing people mentioning which units they actually have influencing their decisions.  I thought the gauntlet was just picking a character to support.  Do you get a bonus if you actually have the unit, then?

Yeah dude! 

Where were you when we had the first one my guy?

Just now, JJ48 said:

You get a small bonus of ~10% increase in points if you use them in your team.

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

You do, but it's a relatively small bonus (you get a max of 110 points per battle instead of 100, before flags), so you're still encouraged to support your fave whether or not you have them!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Yeah dude! 

Where were you when we had the first one my guy?

I participated in it.  That doesn't mean I think it was explained well and understand all the intricacies of it.

I am joining Team Minerva. She was one of the few characters who I actually liked from Shadow Dragon which is my least favorite game in the series partly due to there being hardly any other characters getting character exposure (no supports hurts) but she had a nice story development going on. Team Camilla is likely going to win but I'm going with Minerva especially because of this here.

Displaying Screenshot_20170330-091627.png

Let's change the tide of this gauntlet my fellow Red Dragoons!

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I participated in it.  That doesn't mean I think it was explained well and understand all the intricacies of it.

Well yeah, using the hero gives a 10% bonus.

Base points is 10 which increases to 100 if you have 10 friends.

So if you have the hero you would donate 110 points.

I can explain other things if you have any questions.

Camilla is gonna sweep the competition. They should really stop putting in one mega popular character in these things. 

I'll support Minerva at first I guess just to try and get her to the second round and then switch to Camilla.

Final battle will be Minerva v. Camilla.  Personally, I'm upset there's no male/female breaker like the last one.  Too many people (reddit) just go with their waifu's which gives females an unfair advantage.

10 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Final battle will be Minerva v. Camilla.  Personally, I'm upset there's no male/female breaker like the last one.  Too many people (reddit) just go with their waifu's which gives females an unfair advantage.

Just about everyone's a female in this gauntlet though, so no one's at an unfair advantage for gender reasons (except Subaki. Rest in peace)

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Good catch.

Final battle will be Camilla v. a walking corpse.

Plot twist:

After the real finalist loses, Bunny Camilla joins the gauntlet

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Plot twist:

After the real finalist loses, Bunny Camilla joins the gauntlet

Now I just want a gauntlet with the 4 Easter heroes vs their vanilla counterparts. Who would win out between Lucina and bunny Lucina? :O

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Good catch.

Final battle will be Camilla v. a walking corpse.

Cordelia probably.

Time to be on the loser side for once to experience this.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Now I just want a gauntlet with the 4 Easter heroes vs their vanilla counterparts. Who would win out between Lucina and bunny Lucina? :O

Can't wait to see that happen.