Difference between Blade of light and mystery of the emblem

Harvey

I decided to venture into the first original game. I'm not getting shadow dragon as I want to play the first game in the most authentic experience and playing the NES one fits that role perfectly.

But then I noticed that there's a game called Mystery of the Emblem and I heard its a remake of the first game and that's where the confusion began for me...

So could you spare an ear and help this confused gamer the difference between Blade of Light and Mystery of the Emblem? Also if irritating, sorry for asking such a lame question.

Mystery has 2 books, the first being the remake of Dark Dragon and Blade of Light minus a few units and maps, while book 2 is the continuation of that story (FE12 is the remake to that).

Dark Dragon is the OG.

Mystery of the Emblem has two books: Book 1 is Dark Dragon remade and Book 2 is its original sequel. Book 1 cuts out a few less important chapters and slightly shuffles character recruitments, in addition to outright cutting a few less relevant characters. (i.e. Wrys is now a Vulnerary)