Healer Builds

salinea

I was bored so I tried to think and write up what are the main healer builds you can now do with Skill inheritance:

Training Wheel Healer

Base: Any

Staff: None, or Pain or Slow (if not too over leveled)

Assist: Recover or Rehabilitate

Special: Kindled-Fire Balm or Swift-Winds Balm

A-Skill: n/a

B-Skill: Live to Serve or Renewal

C-Skill: Hone Attack or Hone Speed

Your basic and most useful healer skillset for training other units. You don’t want them to steal kills, so if overlevel no staff at all, but at higher level Pain or Slow can help soften targets for your trainee character. Recover is best at lower level, but at about 30+ levels, Rehabilitate may start being better. Otherwise set up a set of complimentary buff, favoring Attack and Speed in priority. B-Skill to help survival.

Tank Cleric

Base: Azama, Lissa

Staff: Absorb, Fear or Slow

Assist: Martyr

Special: Miracle, Still-Water Balm or Solid-Earth Balm

A-Skill: HP, Defense or Resistance + (or Close Counter if we want to make ridiculous suggestions)

B-Skill: Renewal or Live to Serve

C-Skill: Threaten Attack or Speed

The healer who is there to take a lot of blows and survive to heal all the more! The build is strongly accentuated towards all defense, but you might prefer to mix it and match a little bit for the Special and Staff.

(Does Live to Serve stack with Martyr?)

Restank Cleric

Base: Wrys, Lucius, Serra, Maria, Elisa, Priscilla

Staff: Pain, Gravity

Special: Miracle or Still-Water Balm

A-Skill: HP or Resistance +

B-Skill: Any Tomebreaker, Renewal or Live to Serve

C-Skill: Threaten Attack, Speed or Defense

As a variant, since most Healers have solid Resistance but low Defense, this type is meant to lure enemy mages and the rest of the team handle them. Not very efficient given how low attack Staves are, though.

Super Healer

Base: Any

Staff: Absorb

Assist: Rehabilitate

Special: Heavenly Light or Imbue

B-Skill: Live to Serve, Renewal

C-Skill: Breath of Life

Maximum healing power! Probably overkill though.

Kite Healer

Base: Priscilla, Clarine, Elise

Staff: Gravity

Assist: Rehabilitate or Recover

Special: Any

B-Skill: Wings of Mercy or Escape Route

C-Skill: Hone, Fortify, Ward or Goad Cavalry

Focus on maximum mobility, so I picked only the Troubadours as base with Cavalry buffing skill for a supposedly Calvary focused team. However the “Wings of Mercy/Escape Route + Recover/Rehabilitate” combo on a healer is good for a lot of things, and could be applied to Super Healer and Tank Healer builds as well.

Remote Healer

Base: Maria, Sakura, Lachesis

Staff: Gravity or any

Assist: Physic

Special: Radiance or Imbue

A-Skill: Any

C-Skill: Any.

Not much to say, a healer built on Physic.

Buffing Debuffer

Base: Sakura, Lachesis, Elise, Serra, Priscilla, Azama

Staff: Panic, Fear or Slow

Assist: Mend for more frequent Balm, or Rehabilitate or Martyr

Special: Kindled-Fire Balm or Swift-Winds Balm

A-Skill: HP, Defense or Resistance +

C-Skill: Complimentary Hone/Threaten/Fortify/Spur skill.

A more offensive build of healer, focusing on debuffing the enemy and buffing their team in a complimentary manner.

Edited by salinea

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You forgot another type of healer: awesome healer.

You mean Super-Whale Healer? XD

Yeah I concentrated on feasable builds for us common people :p

Edited by salinea

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

You mean Super-Whale Healer? XD

Yeah I concentrated on feasable builds for us common people :p

How are those not feasible? The rarest/most expensive skill there is Savage Blow (which is obtainable from 4* Camilla-- admittedly not the most common pull, but not requiring the 20k feathers to upgrade), and it looks like all of the other skills are fairly common assuming I'm identifying the icons right (Atk/Def+3, Hone Atk/Fortify Def, Martyr, and breakers by the looks of things).

Can't tell what specials they're running, though. 

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

How are those not feasible?

Not the skills, the base. They're all merged units. I thought they were all 5*, too, but considering their stats some may actually be 4* which yeah, would be doable for someone who just happened to pull a lot of Sakura.

I mean, if they did only one of them, not a full party.

Just now, salinea said:

Not the skills, the base. They're all merged units. I thought they were all 5*, too, but considering their stats some may actually be 4* which yeah, would be doable for someone who just happened to pull a lot of Sakura.

Oh I mean yeah, that's true. I was just thinking their builds can be used but knowing they're merged means their higher stats are probably being taken into account there so I guess that's somewhat meaningless when it comes to the stat boosters. 

Well, either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Oh I mean yeah, that's true. I was just thinking their builds can be used but knowing they're merged means their higher stats are probably being taken into account there so I guess that's somewhat meaningless when it comes to the stat boosters. 

Well, either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, it's still an awesome feat and video to watch. But I'm not sure how to take it as inspiration to make a build. Perhaps you or @Vaximillian may suggest something?

20 minutes ago, salinea said:

Yeah, it's still an awesome feat and video to watch. But I'm not sure how to take it as inspiration to make a build. Perhaps you or @Vaximillian may suggest something?

TBH, the video gave me an idea for something that isn't a healer lol-- tanky units with crazy defense like Oboro, Beruka, and Hinata with Obstruct + savage blow lol. 

22 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

TBH, the video gave me an idea for something that isn't a healer lol-- tanky units with crazy defense like Oboro, Beruka, and Hinata with Obstruct + savage blow lol. 

Savage Blow is player phase only though, right?

44 minutes ago, salinea said:

Savage Blow is player phase only though, right?

Yeah, but the idea is to make the AI bunch their units up in front of someone they can't do anything to so that the wall can repeatedly inflict SB damage on player phase or something. 

The main problem I can think of with this is most of those units don't like magic and I don't think there are many that can safely tank both physical and special so this probably won't work unless faced with a team that lacks mages.

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Yeah, but the idea is to make the AI bunch their units up in front of someone they can't do anything to so that the wall can repeatedly inflict SB damage on player phase or something. 

The main problem I can think of with this is most of those units don't like magic and I don't think there are many that can safely tank both physical and special so this probably won't work unless faced with a team that lacks mages.

Nice.

Yeah, it's hard to find a unit that tanks magic as well as physical damage. Sheena has decent resistance as well as defense, Young Tiki has almost 29 Res too, Selena 28... and then we're beyond healthy tanking territory.

2 hours ago, salinea said:

They're all 5-star. He shows off their status screens at the end, and you can tell from the color of the border around the unit's name in the header bar (gold is 5-star, silver is 4-star, etc.).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

They're all 5-star. He shows off their status screens at the end, and you can tell from the color of the border around the unit's name in the header bar (gold is 5-star, silver is 4-star, etc.).

I was wondering about that but i wasn't sure! Thanks for the confirmation! :)

Edited by salinea

Nice ideas, I was looking for healer builds. Also note you can use Savage Blow with healers (but not Poison Strike) so could be useful for Pain builds? (I know the wiki says it excludes staves but I just tried inheriting the skill to Lissa and it's possible).

What about Extra Range healers? As in cavalry healers with Physic?

Extra Range Healer

Base: Priscilla, Clarine, Elise

Staff: Gravity

Assist: Physic

Special: Heavenly Light

A-Skill: HP+5 or Speed +3

B-Skill: Escape Route, Live to Serve or Renewal

C-Skill: Ward/Goad Cavalry, Savage Blow or Breath of Life

The Physic lets you heal opponents over water/mountain tiles, and since you're a cavalry, this also includes trees where you normally can't access. Cavalry healers because they have the most movement.

Heavenly Light is for healing everyone in the map. Physic also means there's no increased cooldown so you can use your special faster.

A skill is for either more health or preventing doubling. Escape Route is preferred for B skill in case you are boxed in, although Renewal/Live to Serve also works for survivability. Since you'll be healing from 2 tiles away, Ward/Goad Cavalry works best although if you're not running a cavalry team, then Breath of Life is an option if you want to snipe an enemy from afar with Gravity. Gravity immobilises the opponent, letting your units retreat to regroup and if they are within range of your healer, Breath of Life gives them a small amount of HP. Savage Blow if you want something offensive.

Clarine has the most balanced Def/Res stat build and is the fastest of the cavalry healers. Priscilla and Elise are fairly similar, although Elise has more offense/speed whie Priscilla has more HP (and is not as rare).

Also another idea based on one of yours:

Bring the Pain/Painful Blow

Base: Azama, Lissa, Elise, Clarine or Priscilla

Staff: Pain

Assist: Rehabilitate or Martyr

Special: Heavenly Light 

A-Skill: HP+5, Speed +3

C-Skill: Savage Blow

Pain + Savage Blow = Profit. Again, good for training other units. Best to stick to attacking melee units from afar, and have HP+5/Speed+3 add to your survivability.

Edited by mcsilas

Oooh I love those two builds!

Didn't know Physic didn't come with an increased cooldown. That's very handy with Heavenly Light indeed. Much improvement on my "remote healer build".

The offensive build based on Pain + Savage Blow was definitely lacking in my set... that's pretty nasty :D

Yeah that's the main thing when considering Physic vs Rehabilitate.

Physic heals less HP, but has 2 range and no increased cooldown. 

Rehabilitate is much more useful when your ally is low health (can heal back to full health!) thought but it leads to an extra turn for your special.

I was actually trying to look for any good builds for my 5 star Lucius but I guess the Restank set suits the best for him.

Sadly a lot of skills can't be put on healers, including the darting/warding, buckler/escutheon/pavise. I'd love to put something like fury 3 on a martyr healer, but it seems like the best A Passive for healers right now is hp+5. The hp improves a Martyr/live to serve tank, and provides other healers with a bit more survival against both physical and magic attacks.

Beyond that, the most success I've had with a healer in higher level content is the Martyr Tank route.

Weapon: Pain / Assist: Martyr / Skill: Kindled-Fire Balm or Imbue (when more tankiness through health is needed)

A: HP+5 / B: Live to Serve / C: Threaten Defense or Threaten Resistance (swap as needed)

I've been using an Azama with this build, I'll initiate battles with him, and a unit that can take advantage of his threaten skill positioned behind him. The best units for this role are ranged with fury, so you can proc the Martyr to keep the tank healer alive if needed, without having to do any re-positioning.

Edit: Miracle could also be crazy strong with this sort of build, but I don't have the units to sacrifice to try it.

Edited by Jimbo

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sadly a lot of skills can't be put on healers, including the darting/warding, buckler/escutheon/pavise. I'd love to put something like fury 3 on a martyr healer, but it seems like the best A Passive for healers right now is hp+5. The hp improves a Martyr/live to serve tank, and provides other healers with a bit more survival against both physical and magic attacks.

Beyond that, the most success I've had with a healer in higher level content is the Martyr Tank route.

Weapon: Pain / Assist: Martyr / Skill: Kindled-Fire Balm or Imbue (when more tankiness through health is needed)

A: HP+5 / B: Live to Serve / C: Threaten Defense or Threaten Resistance (swap as needed)

I've been using an Azama with this build, I'll initiate battles with him, and a unit that can take advantage of his threaten skill positioned behind him. The best units for this role are ranged with fury, so you can proc the Martyr to keep the tank healer alive if needed, without having to do any re-positioning.

Edit: Miracle could also be crazy strong with this sort of build, but I don't have the units to sacrifice to try it.

Ah I forgot Darting Blow, etc. can't be used on Healers. Just Savage Blow with HP+5/Speed+3 will have to do.

With Miracle + Martyr, keep in mind Martyr adds to the special cooldown which makes it 6 turns to use (I used Lucius as a previous arena bonus character) . Of course, the best way is to just pair your healer with a Dancer to keep healing and activating Miracle faster.

But yeah, going from the previous arena bonus characters, I used both Azama and Lucius and having a Pain user really helped softened blows for my other arena units. Lucius was really squishy in terms of Defense though so activating Miracle asap was a must, although mine had a HP boon and with HP+5, Martyr would heal a lot. It's just unfortunate healers don't have a lot of skills to choose from.

The Navy Seal copypasta healer

Base: +Atk/-Res Elise, Lachesis, or Lucius (Elise for cavalry team, Lucius for saving SP, Lachesis if you don't have anyone else)
Staff: Assault
Special: Miracle
A slot: Atk +3 (Lachesis) or Spd +3 (Elise/Lucius) (or their equivalent Defiant skills, if you're feeling risky)
B slot: Live to Serve
C slot: Threaten (stat)

I was. . .fortunate enough to pull a +Atk Lucius, hence the build.  The three named healers are tied for highest base attack, at 32 neutral (before staff).  Assault pushes it to 42, while +Atk pushes it to 45.  Elise does this the best, due to being on a horse, and having the highest base speed (32).  Don't be fooled by the staff, or the damage - this healer's goal is to chip as hard as possible, so that they can take a hit, proc Miracle if necessary, and then use a turn to heal up someone, before doing it all over again.  Both Lucius/Elise pass some very nice doubling thresholds with Spd +3, hence the suggestion (Lucius doubles Sanaki/Julia, while Elise doubles Young Tiki), while Lachesis simply wants to smack things hard because her Speed is bad.  Threaten (stat) is so that whoever is behind your healer will have an easier time murdering the unfortunate soul - Res if your haymaker is a manakete, Def otherwise.

Elise gets a special mention, due to Hone/Goad cavalry.  She can potentially hit for 59 MT, which is enough to ORKO neutral Takumi (+HP and + Res will survive, but who runs those?).  If Atk +3 is used, that's 62 MT, which is pretty absurd on a healer IMO (and also a ORKO on neutral Subaki, Minerva sans LaD, Setsuna and non-Parthia Jeorge, among others).

EDIT: This idea was first hatched way back when the Narcian banner was active, due to Seal Res + Sakura being a surprisingly effective kill combo.  Thanks to the newer healers and skill inheritance, this dream is somewhat of a reality.

Edited by eclipse

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

The Navy Seal copypasta healer

Base: +Atk/-Res Elise, Lachesis, or Lucius (Elise for cavalry team, Lucius for saving SP, Lachesis if you don't have anyone else)
Staff: Assault
A slot: Atk +3 (Lachesis) or Spd +3 (Elise/Lucius) (or their equivalent Defiant skills, if you're feeling risky)
B slot: Live to Serve
C slot: Threaten (stat)

I just pull a 5* +Atk Elise yesterday. I was a little bit pissed about it at first, but this build look fun as hell. 

On 4/7/2017 at 1:24 AM, mcsilas said:

Yeah that's the main thing when considering Physic vs Rehabilitate.

Physic heals less HP, but has 2 range and no increased cooldown. 

Rehabilitate is much more useful when your ally is low health (can heal back to full health!) thought but it leads to an extra turn for your special.

I was actually trying to look for any good builds for my 5 star Lucius but I guess the Restank set suits the best for him.

I would say Rehabilitate is much more useful in a cavalry team.  Due to the mobility of not just your healer but all your units, the extra 1rng is pretty meaningless.  Your cavalry can outrun attackers so if they need a heal you just move them back 3 spaces and heal next turn if you can't get to him right then and there.  Otherwise just position your healer directly behind the unit you're healing and you've got a wall .  And yea, I'm not entirely sure how the calculation goes but I've fully healed my units countless times.  Rehabilitate is awesome on a cavalry team.  The cooldown reduction is annoying, idk why IS threw it on so many skills.  

Can't wait for a staff with cooldown count - 1 to offset some of the assist skills.

Edited by Lushen

After some consultations, I think I may have a healer build. I'm still playing around with it though.

Spoiler

It pains me to tell you... "Ah who am I kidding? It doesn't concern me in the least to tell you that you're totally wrong about everything." ~Azama

Healer: Azama

Boon/Bane: undecided.

Weapon: Pain

Staff/Assist: Martyr

A: Flexible

B: Live to Serve 3/Renewal 3, (Wings of Mercy 3/Escape Route 3 if you really need him across the map)

C: Savage Blow 3 (preferred)/Threaten Attack 3 (if Savage Blow 3 is unavailiable)

- Because 17 dmg after combat would suck. -

Azama would always be behind your offensive character. I believe he'd do very well if he teamed with Sheena. One could situate Sheena so she would be blocking a portion of the map, creating a choke point. And with Azama right behind her, he can choose to A) Heal Sheena if needed, or B) Attack an enemy that's directly in front of Sheena. 17 dmg to the enemy, while Sheena finishes them off.