What special event costumes would you like to see in the future?

pumpkinspice48

So in the vein of the Easter costumes released for Spring are there any other holiday/seasonal costumes you hope to see?  Santa Claus Hector?  Pumpkin Roy?  Beach Party Ephraim?   Valentine's day Excellus?

While I'm not a huge fan of the Easter costumes I'm excited for Halloween.  I feel like it has a lot of potential for fun costumes.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's avoiding bathing suit fanservice for a summer event, but I want at least some of the summer costumes to be yukatas instead. I'm less picky about which characters get those, but if I had to pick, I'd like to see Eirika or Ninian in a yukata <3

9 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Fourth of July Arthur let's go

That would be amazing, but unfortunately I feel like it's unlikely that they'd do an event for such an American centric holiday.  

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I don't think there's avoiding bathing suit fanservice for a summer event, but I want at least some of the summer costumes to be yukatas instead. I'm less picky about which characters get those, but if I had to pick, I'd like to see Eirika or Ninian in a yukata <3

If they do yukatas we might end up getting our 3rd Lucina since they already have a design ready to go from the Awakening dlc.  

Edited by pumpkinspice48

4 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

If they do yukatas we might end up getting our 3rd Lucina since they already have a design ready to go from the Awakening dlc.  

On the contrary, it's precisely because Awakening characters got them that I want other characters to get a chance.

EDIT: That said, I have nothing against Awakening, so I'd still be happy if they ended up reusing the dlc designs. But I'd be happier with more variety overall.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Honestly, I would love to see some characters in modern/casual attire (just not school uniforms). I've actually seen someone draw Nino in modern clothes and it looked pretty cool. The only concern would be, what would their weapons be?

3 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Having a design ready to go doesn't really mean anything when all of the art for this game is brand new, though.

2 minutes ago, Eselred said:

None.  How about putting more new characters in the game instead of focusing on retreads and goofy costumes?

Because some people want seasonal costumes and some people want new characters and you can't satisfy both of them at once with limited resources.

As for the actual topic, I'd love to see summer beach party, summer festival, and Halloween the most. I'm not too picky about characters, as long as they look pretty, cute, awesome, or fabulous.

On 2017/3/28 at 1:44 PM, shadowofchaos said:

With all the bunny ear stuff... I know of a pun of a possible event that will absolutely burn your wallet to a crisp.

ニニャン *paw*

On 2017/3/28 at 2:06 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Goddammit.

It's not even close to likely, as it doesn't even correspond to a holiday.... but I would like double wallet suicide for both me and mr. whale via cat ears.

8 hours ago, Eselred said:

None.  How about putting more new characters in the game instead of focusing on retreads and goofy costumes?

This is a gacha game. You need to tone down your "Fire Emblem is a strategy game that must be purified of this evil and Ike be immediately installed into the game" salt please.

Walk into a thread that has people enjoying silly concepts and be and killjoy, why don't ya?

Even the freaking OP said they weren't fond of the Easter costums, but wanted opinons and silly concepts that other people wanted.

Edit: Can a mod please merge my posts? I thought I was editing it. Instead, I accidentally wrote in the quick reply box.

Ryoma and Alvis in casual dad attire

Flipping steaks on a BBQ Grill

for two completely different reasons

Sunburnt sigurd armed with a bottle of lotion

Edited by Thor Odinson

26 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Honestly, I would love to see some characters in modern/casual attire (just not school uniforms). I've actually seen someone draw Nino in modern clothes and it looked pretty cool. The only concern would be, what would their weapons be?

Modern atire is a really interesting idea. Maybe it would be alongside a special "real world" map. It even make sense, as the the avatar is from the "real world" as well. And speaking of school uniforms, I might be unlikely. Schools events, in gachas games, or in games with DLC, tend to happen in beginning of April, which is when the japanese school begins. Considering we already are in the beginning of April, and there's already an event, chances for a school event are low.

I abhor seasonal costumes.

Pumpkin head, Santa's hat, bikini, every F2P game I've played comes with the same tired clichés.

That said, I would welcome something original, e.g. WW2 uniforms for the D-Day, or Napoleonic uniforms for the anniversary of Waterloo.

And Catria would look great dressed as Pontifical Guard, but that's just me.

27 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Is this sort of attitude necessary? This is a gacha game, it's not really meant to be taken seriously. And it's the perfect setting for this kind of thing. Even the most serious have goofy moments. Is it really wrong to have some goofy stuff every now and then? Some people actually enjoy it.

I'm not as concerned about the costumes themselves, but I do hope they keep exploring neat mechanical space like Camilla as a magic flier and Chrom and Lucina having cool unique skills. Ideally with better dialogue, too: after only a few battles with Camilla, I'm already tired of hearing "Spring has sprung!"

Santa!Hector sounds good!!! And if we can have like Lilina being a lil reindeer as company to his dad, will be cute. Also now after training grumpy Michalis, him as Santa would be good too, I want his wyvern in a rudolph costume haha

Also, Vampire!Leo for Halloween!!! Since IntSys don'tt give us the Halloween DLC, at least... give us one for Heroes as free , maybe?? Idk, is just that Leo sounds perfect for Halloween

Summer festival chaarcters too, but I don't know which ones, maybe Alm and Celica or Sigurd

Edited by SniperGYS

2 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Santa!Hector sounds good!!! And if we can have like Lilina being a lil reindeer as company to his dad, will be cute. Also now after training grumpy Michalis, him as Santa would be good too, I want his wyvern in a rudolph costume haha

Also, Vampire!Leo for Halloween!!! Since IntSys don'tt give us the Halloween DLC, at least... give us one for Heroes as free , maybe?? Idk, is just that Leo sounds perfect for Halloween

Summer festival chaarcters too, but I don't know which ones, maybe Alm and Celica or Sigurd

Oh man, any wyvern or Pegasus dressed up as a reindeer... yes please!

19 minutes ago, chirp said:

That said, I would welcome something original, e.g. WW2 uniforms for the D-Day, or Napoleonic uniforms for the anniversary of Waterloo.

For a globally released game, WW2 is probably not the best subject to touch.

9 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Michalis as scrooge!

I don't know if it counts as a costume, exactly, but how about for summer, we get an Ike wielding a meat-themed weapon? XD Chicken Drumstick axe anyone? lol

I'd probably dig any Halloween costumes if they're on characters I like enough!

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know if it counts as a costume, exactly, but how about for summer, we get an Ike wielding a meat-themed weapon? XD Chicken Drumstick axe anyone? lol

I'd probably dig any Halloween costumes if they're on characters I like enough!

I've seen that a lot - Ike and chicken drumsticks... Where did that meme come from?