Monthly (and semi-monthly) Quest Topic

eclipse

@Iris, I thought it would be enough and at the very least that Olivia could let Ursula attack again -- I did the math knowing she could attack again to take out Xander. Nope, I forgot Xander had a built-in Distant Counter which ruined the plan. I'm just gonna have to level Ursula up and Olivia to ensure that she'll definitely take out Xander. And yeah, having Olivia as a 4* would be nice since one, I've had bad luck with Lon'qu, so Olivia's been my primary myrmidon unit besides Fir who has much lower base attack. Thinking I should be stupid and give Olivia a Killing Edge and Glimmer from Lon'qu.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I gave Ursula a spare Fury 3 for 9-5, which was surprisingly effective.  But I'm slightly insane. :P:

Fury is scary. Eldigan was the first unit I had who could get Fury 2 early on because his skill set is pretty cheap. Bartre and Hinata didn't get Fury 2 until I got every other skill for them and Jagen can't access Fury 2 until he's a 4*. Watching his HP drain rapidly while he was around level 15-20 was not fun and then having him attack with Lunge. So aggressive, so reckless, so heart-pounding. At least's he's bulky so if no mages are around he's fine.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

4* Ursula, 3* Stahl, and 4* Cecilia are the only ones trained to lv. 40. Also have 3* Ursula, 2* Gunter, 2* Cecilia, 1* Stahl, and 1* Cecilia.

I agree with eclipse's suggestion. Train up Gunter because Hone Cavalry will help Ursula a lot. 

On turn one, after buffed, she should go and attack the blue armor (behind the wall) and bait Tharja in to kill her. Cecilia will be helpful in killing M!Robin and Ursula can also kill the green cavalier since her tome is super effective against horse units.

17 minutes ago, Iris said:

I agree with eclipse's suggestion. Train up Gunter because Hone Cavalry will help Ursula a lot. 

On turn one, after buffed, she should go and attack the blue armor (behind the wall) and bait Tharja in to kill her. Cecilia will be helpful in killing M!Robin and Ursula can also kill the green cavalier since her tome is super effective against horse units.

It's still early in the month so I've got time - want to get Anna to 5* first before getting Gunter to 4*, especially since there should be a Voting Gauntlet coming around this month.

@Iris, the 9-3 strategy worked with Lucina instead of Tiki. I'm not sure how you did it, but the video you linked had one thing I felt like could have been done and it was to hit the axe knight with Robin before moving her to bait Ursula. I was going to just move Robin to bait Ursula and have Lucina take out the axe knight on the next turn, but then I looked down and figured because Olivia's there, then why not? It's free damage. The axe knight can't do a thing, but move down if he gets baited or move somewhere else. With that, Lucina would be able to finish the axe knight during their phase and in the same position Tiki was placed in the video. Without it, Lucina wouldn't be able to finish him off which leads to her getting dragged back and dying to Ursula. It wouldn't have changed the fact that my Tiki would still get doubled by the green mage and be killed since with -Res, Tiki's sitting at 19 res which, if I did the math right, she'll be taking 21x2 damage from the green mage which is more than enough to kill Tiki after fighting the axe knight.

The sword cavalier was made trivial with Subaki -- Subaki with attack boon is the best thing ever. Took no damage, doubled the sword cavalier naturally, and a ORKO with Olivia's Hone Attack 2. Catria would have needed another turn since she has -Spd/+Atk which would have been fine since Olivia was there, but I had a feeling Subaki would be taking little to no damage, so I brought him along for kicks. It was kind of sad watching the sword cavalier do nothing, but hey, 9-3 Lunatic Challenge is done.

Edited by Kaden

Since the Helping Hand, Lunatic Challenge, and Training Tower quests will all be ending in a few days, have there been any leaks or datamines on what the next batch of quests will be?  It seems a lot of this stuff happens on Monday, so maybe we'll see something tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Since the Helping Hand, Lunatic Challenge, and Training Tower quests will all be ending in a few days, have there been any leaks or datamines on what the next batch of quests will be?  It seems a lot of this stuff happens on Monday, so maybe we'll see something tomorrow.

A lot of these types of quests have tended to have gaps between them rather than being back-to-back, so I wouldn't bet on it being too soon. That said, we'll probably have the Voting Gauntlet start in the next few days with its own set of quests.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

A lot of these types of quests have tended to have gaps between them rather than being back-to-back, so I wouldn't bet on it being too soon. That said, we'll probably have the Voting Gauntlet start in the next few days with its own set of quests.

I thought the Gauntlet wasn't going to be until later in the months.

We might have a Xenologue or something tomorrow, but maybe nothing.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I thought the Gauntlet wasn't going to be until later in the months.

We might have a Xenologue or something tomorrow, but maybe nothing.

The previous Gauntlet started and ended within the first main banner of the month, and given that this one was downloaded in the current update, it seems to be getting handled the same way. Gauntlets last for six days, so to end before the spring banner, it'll need to start sometime this week. It's also possible that it'll coincide with the release of the next Xenologue.

Any advices for 9-5 lunatic with an axe fighter? I don't think i ever finished this chapter without any death and bringing on an axe unit isn't helping either... (my 5* units are Julia, Eirika, Klein, Sharena, Cordelia, ATiki, Roy, Caeda, Jakob -- for Axes my best would be Frederick, Michalis or Anna I guess -- and I have Olivia if a dancer is needed)

2 hours ago, salinea said:

Any advices for 9-5 lunatic with an axe fighter? I don't think i ever finished this chapter without any death and bringing on an axe unit isn't helping either... (my 5* units are Julia, Eirika, Klein, Sharena, Cordelia, ATiki, Roy, Caeda, Jakob -- for Axes my best would be Frederick, Michalis or Anna I guess -- and I have Olivia if a dancer is needed)

I've heard Roy is good for fighting Veronica because of his Triangle Adept, and you'll probably want whichever lance user can best deal with Xander. It can be tricky to make use of axe users in 9-5 because of the enemy weapon types not matching them well, so from the sound of it, I'd recommend using Frederick for his mobility so he can at least avoid getting killed. For your fourth unit, I think either Olivia or a healer is best. When I did that quest, I spent most of the second half of the battle running back and forth and using Priscilla to heal damage from Veronica's attacks until I could get Marth in a position to run up and take her out, so I personally found high-power healing valuable but Olivia could also help you get Roy over to Veronica much faster.

Also worth noting that you do have the option of using Light's Blessings if you have any.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I've heard Roy is good for fighting Veronica because of his Triangle Adept, and you'll probably want whichever lance user can best deal with Xander. It can be tricky to make use of axe users in 9-5 because of the enemy weapon types not matching them well, so from the sound of it, I'd recommend using Frederick for his mobility so he can at least avoid getting killed. For your fourth unit, I think either Olivia or a healer is best. When I did that quest, I spent most of the second half of the battle running back and forth and using Priscilla to heal damage from Veronica's attacks until I could get Marth in a position to run up and take her out, so I personally found high-power healing valuable but Olivia could also help you get Roy over to Veronica much faster.

Also worth noting that you do have the option of using Light's Blessings if you have any.

Oh, I hadn't spent Roy's SP on Tri Adept because I thought it wasn't very good on a red unit. I tried as is, but he's too slow to kill her quickly enough.

If Veronica attacks, neither Sharena and Cordelia can deal with Xander...

Yeah Frederick's the one I'd been put into the team so far for that reason.

I haven't tried with a healer so far, maybe I'll try that next.

I just always get overwhelmed by all the units because none of my usually hard hitting units can kill their opponents quickly enough.

7 hours ago, salinea said:

Can you buff Julia enough to ORKO Veronica on EP1? Cordelia can wreck Xander between EP1 and PP2, and then Galeforces off him to eliminate the Troubadour.

...Okay, apparently Julia's really slow. Do you have, like, Nino? 4* is fine.

Edit: After calculations... no, 4* Nino isn't fine, unless +Atk. Darn.

Edit again: unless you use Sharena instead of Eirika! +4 Atk/Def gets neutral 4* Nino to ORKO range on Veronica, as long as she's not -Spd.

Edited by Seafarer

45 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Can you buff Julia enough to ORKO Veronica on EP1? Cordelia can wreck Xander between EP1 and PP2, and then Galeforces off him to eliminate the Troubadour.

...Okay, apparently Julia's really slow. Do you have, like, Nino? 4* is fine.

Edit: After calculations... no, 4* Nino isn't fine, unless +Atk. Darn.

Edit again: unless you use Sharena instead of Eirika! +4 Atk/Def gets neutral 4* Nino to ORKO range on Veronica, as long as she's not -Spd.

Thanks! I'll try out with Nino. I just need to finish training the Nino that wasn't -Att that I promoted to 4* to level 40...

13 minutes ago, salinea said:

Thanks! I'll try out with Nino. I just need to finish training the Nino that wasn't -Att that I promoted to 4* to level 40...

Ugh, don't thank me. Cordelia doesn't have quite enough juice to finish Xander without Eirika's Speed buff on turn 1, and you can't combo with Nino because of his Quick Riposte. Back to the drawing board...

What's your Julia's boon? +Spd might just manage to take out Veronica after Eirika's buffs.

Edit: Okay, not quite, but she can kill on PP2, and you should be able to scramble from there to clean up, especially if your axe user is competent.

Edit again: Oh, right. My Cordy doesn't have Triangle Adept 3 yet. That might put Xander out of Quick Riposte range... if you're lucky. Or not. Darn. Sorry I'm no help. :-(

Edited by Seafarer

4 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Ugh, don't thank me. Cordelia doesn't have quite enough juice to finish Xander without Eirika's Speed buff on turn 1, and you can't combo with Nino because of his Quick Riposte. Back to the drawing board...

What's your Julia's boon? +Spd might just manage to take out Veronica after Eirika's buffs.

Edit: Okay, not quite, but she can kill on PP2, and you should be able to scramble from there to clean up, especially if your axe user is competent.

I don't have much luck with IVs... Julia's +Def/-Res, Cordelia's +Def/-Speed. Klein and Eirika are neutral.

So, I beat 9-5, but Ursula died.

@Iris, I noticed that even before with 3* Ursula when she couldn't one-shot Xander, that when I position my units the same as you said to do, I think only the blue mage is in the same position after turn 1. From their starting positions, Xander rushes down three spaces towards Ursula with the mounted cleric right behind him, Veronica moves down two spaces, and I think the sword infantry either is behind the blue mage or follows Veronica. 4* Ursula easily one-shots Xander, but she cannot take out the mounted cleric without Olivia's Dance and if I do that, then either Veronica or Xander will kill her since she'd be in their range. I don't dare to hit the mounted cleric with Ursula knowing the sword infantry has Wings of Mercy 2.

It's weird since with the 9-3 and 9-4 strategy, the enemies followed the same positioning. Some of the battles were different, but the start and finish were the same. The only one that was different was, if Lunatic Michalis and that didn't do much since Cherche had Pivot to jump over Tiki and the sword flier was still in range for Subaki to bait her. Anyway, the only things different from your strategy is that Olivia's a lv. 35, 3* with 3 less attack, but higher HP, def, and res compared to your lv. 30, 4* Olivia and I had Knockback equipped on her, but would that really affect anything? The other difference is that my Raven is a level 40, 5* compared to your level 35, 4*? Raven. I don't think he would effect anything, though and the blue mage does go towards him and kind of Lucina.

What I think is that maybe because as a 3*, Olivia's Hone Attack 2 is just enough to mess with everything which kind of doesn't make sense for Xander since he'd die anyway regardless of Hone Attack 2 or 3, but I'd question why the mounted cleric would move towards Ursula with a Hone Attack 3 buff then. If I did the calculation right, a lv. 40, 4* Ursula with a Hone Attack 3 buff attacking first leaves the mounted cleric with 4 HP. Still not dead, but very close and it doesn't really matter when Olivia is a dancer. At the same time, your Olivia being a lower level, but with higher attack doesn't really matter to Xander, he could still rush down and kill her as he could rush down and kill my Olivia let alone that rushing towards her puts him in Ursula's range who one-shots him regardless. Is he really that scared of 3 more attack from a lv. 30, 4* Olivia?

Well, I have, according to the game, 2 days to figure this out. I guess I'll max out Olivia as a 3*, promote her, and get her to lv. +30.

Edited by Kaden

On 03/04/2017 at 9:38 PM, salinea said:

I don't have much luck with IVs... Julia's +Def/-Res, Cordelia's +Def/-Speed. Klein and Eirika are neutral.

Julia can defeat Veronica in 1 round with skill inheritance but I'm not sure whether you use it or not. If you do and you have the correct units:

According to the wiki, Veronica has 49 hp and 26 res, so Julia will need 51 atk and double to KO. However, I believe the troubadour has fortify res 3 and therefore Julia will need 55 atk as Veronica will have 30 res (though you can manipulate the ai so Veronica won't be buffed when she reaches you). Assuming you're using Eirika, Julia's attack will be buffed to 52 so you either need to give Julia: Life and Death 1 (3* Hana), Fury 3 (4* Hinata), Attack + 3 (4* Gordin/ 4* Cherche) or have someone with Spur Attack 2 next to her.

For her B skill either: Quick Riposte (Klein/Leo/Subaki) or Green Tomebreaker (Henry) As long as she doesn't get hit by anything before facing Veronica, then lv 1 of either is fine.

Obviously, this depends on whether you have these units or not. Hope this helps!

Edit: You could potentially use Olivia with Hone Attack 3 instead/as well with Eirika and therefore Julia will only need Fury 2 or Attack +2

Edited by Symphonica

3 hours ago, Symphonica said:

Julia can defeat Veronica in 1 round with skill inheritance but I'm not sure whether you use it or not. If you do and you have the correct units:

According to the wiki, Veronica has 49 hp and 26 res, so Julia will need 51 atk and double to KO. However, I believe the troubadour has fortify res 3 and therefore Julia will need 55 atk as Veronica will have 30 res (though you can manipulate the ai so Veronica won't be buffed when she reaches you). Assuming you're using Eirika, Julia's attack will be buffed to 52 so you either need to give Julia: Life and Death 1 (3* Hana), Fury 3 (4* Hinata), Attack + 3 (4* Gordin/ 4* Cherche) or have someone with Spur Attack 2 next to her.

For her B skill either: Quick Riposte (Klein/Leo/Subaki) or Green Tomebreaker (Henry) As long as she doesn't get hit by anything before facing Veronica, then lv 1 of either is fine.

Obviously, this depends on whether you have these units or not. Hope this helps!

Edit: You could potentially use Olivia with Hone Attack 3 instead/as well with Eirika and therefore Julia will only need Fury 2 or Attack +2

Thanks!

I ended up doing it by using a Light's Blessing heh, the team was Cordelia, Olivia, Roy and Michalis (which I've not 5*) who was the only one to die and I think i might have been able to pull it out with that team with better positioning actually...

I might have done some of those with Julia, I just waffle a lot about which skill transfer to give, as I'm leery of giving her and something that I might regret. At least Attack +3 might be nice but I don't have those characters at 4* yet.

And I've just noticed that I may have 4* the Nino with the wrong IV and I'm kind of fuming about it.

YES! I did it! Thanks, @Iris! Hope I'm not bothering you by tagging you all the time and giving you little updates like this.

Same positioning happened with 4*, lv. 30 Olivia. So, I did the same thing with Ursula, killed Xander. After that, I had Olivia use Dance on Ursula to move Ursula behind Olivia, moved to the left 1 space Lucina to bait Veronica, and had Raven just sit there to bait the blue mage. On enemy turn 2, the cleric attacked Olivia leaving her with 9 HP, Veronica attacked Lucina leaving her with 17 HP, the blue mage attacked Raven leaving him with 12-some HP, and the sword infantry moved down towards Olivia's positioning. Perfect, sort of since I wasn't sure if I could kill the cleric without getting Olivia killed. Well, Lucina took out Veronica and charged her Luna in the process and Raven took out the blue mage -- good, the axe unit part is done. For the cleric, I had Olivia move up to attack her and then Ursula. On enemy turn 3, Sword infantry moves towards Olivia and is, if I remember correctly, 4 spaces above where Ursula's starting position was. All he had to do was go down 2 spaces and Olivia would have been dead. Ursula was affected by Gravity, so I couldn't use her to attack the sword infantry, instead I had Lucina move up above the pillar where her starting position was 4 turns ago. That was close enough for Olivia to move up one and Dance for Lucina. Luci did enough damage to take out the sword infantry. 9-5 Lunatic Challenge done.

Once again, thanks, Iris, for your help.

Edited by Kaden

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

YES! I did it! Thanks, @Iris! Hope I'm not bothering you by tagging you all the time and giving you little updates like this.

Same positioning happened with 4*, lv. 30 Olivia. So, I did the same thing with Ursula, killed Xander. After that, I had Olivia use Dance on Ursula to move Ursula behind Olivia, moved to the left 1 space Lucina to bait Veronica, and had Raven just sit there to bait the blue mage. On enemy turn 2, the cleric attacked Olivia leaving her with 9 HP, Veronica attacked Lucina leaving her with 17 HP, the blue mage attacked Raven leaving him with 12-some HP, and the sword infantry moved down towards Olivia's positioning. Perfect, sort of since I wasn't sure if I could kill the cleric without getting Olivia killed. Well, Lucina took out Veronica and charged her Luna in the process and Raven took out the blue mage -- good, the axe unit part is done. For the cleric, I had Olivia move up to attack her and then Ursula. On enemy turn 3, Sword infantry moves towards Olivia and is, if I remember correctly, 4 spaces above where Ursula's starting position was. All he had to do was go down 2 spaces and Olivia would have been dead. Ursula was affected by Gravity, so I couldn't use her to attack the sword infantry, instead I had Lucina move up above the pillar where her starting position was 4 turns ago. That was close enough for Olivia to move up one and Dance for Lucina. Luci did enough damage to take out the sword infantry. 9-5 Lunatic Challenge done.

Once again, thanks, Iris, for your help.

YAY!

Not sure why the AI reacted differently, but perhaps it's because your Raven was 5*, so Xander thought Olivia would be easier to kill and moved differently?

Finally got Gunter to lv. 40 4*. I wonder how to best take out the Lunatic 8-1 4-cavalry quest using the following units:

All units are lv. 40 and have neutral stats unless stated otherwise.

4* Ursula

4* Cecilia (+Atk/-Def)

4* Gunter

3* Stahl

EDIT: nevermind, it was an easy clear. It went something like this:

Turn 1: Positioned the units so that Gunter buffs everybody.

Turn 2: Ursula ORKOs the lance knight and is in range of Tharja. Tharja dies to Ursula's counterattack.

Turn 3: Cecilia OHKOs male Robin. Stahl positioned to be in range of axe cavalier. Axe cavalier dies to Stahl's counterattack.

Edited by Roflolxp54

So does anyone have any information on which chapters to find the highest amount of certain unit types to make these more palatable? eg. a Story Map with 2-3 cavalry lvl 20+, a map with 2-3 armor, lvl 40+ fliers (I think this one is only stratums 9-10 and rare arena luck though), etc.

6 minutes ago, Kanethedragon said:

So does anyone have any information on which chapters to find the highest amount of certain unit types to make these more palatable? eg. a Story Map with 2-3 cavalry lvl 20+, a map with 2-3 armor, lvl 40+ fliers (I think this one is only stratums 9-10 and rare arena luck though), etc.

For armors, go to story mode lunatic 9-2.

For fliers, go to the spring festival paralogue lunatic part 1. There are only two fliers, Camilla and a pegasus knight, but they both count for the quest and the stamina cost is lower than normal story mode cost.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

For armors, go to story mode lunatic 9-2.

For fliers, go to the spring festival paralogue lunatic part 1. There are only two fliers, Camilla and a pegasus knight, but they both count for the quest and the stamina cost is lower than normal story mode cost.

Awesome, Thanks.

The quest on paralogue map 5-2 that involves having a red tome user in the team seems to be bugged; the reward is not given at all even though I have a red-tome user on the team (I used Sophia). I cleared 5-2 on both Normal and Hard difficulties with Sophia on the team but I still can't seem to get the quest reward.

Edited by Roflolxp54