Monthly (and semi-monthly) Quest Topic

eclipse

Assuming the game keeps on schedule, we normally get:

- A set of quests at the beginning of the month, with Normal, Hard and Lunatic requirements (April has removed the difficulty levels)
- A set of quests in the middle of the month, which focus on some aspect within Heroes
- A set of paralogue quests, whenever a major banner is released
- Some other quests at the end of the month, which end shortly after the new month starts

The schedule so far:

February: February quests, Arena
March: March quests, Training Tower
April: April quests

with various paralogue quests scattered in between.

This topic is for the monthly quests (the ones with the actual month named in them) as well as the mid-month focus quests (Arena, Training Tower, etc.).  The last-minute Lunatic ones may be included, if discussion of the other two quests die down.  The paralogue quests are really straightforward, so unless the game throws us a major curve ball, I don't anticipate much discussion about them.

So, have at it~!

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as if quests are no longer locked behind normal, hard, and difficult stratums. The complaining people did about not being able to progress past normal quests because of the lack of an armor may have gone heard, apparently?

"KO Level 40 Fliers"

Takumi says hi.

Apart from the "KO Level 40 Blues", the 5 item Lunatic quests seem doable for me, and even then F!Robin can easily take care of blue tomes and blue cavalry, and even more so if they both mix.

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It seems as if quests are no longer locked behind normal, hard, and difficult stratums. The complaining people did about not being able to progress past normal quests because of the lack of an armor may have gone heard, apparently?

Yeah, instead we get a mad long list. The other thing was that, for example, if I killed 10 flying units before the quest, it wouldn't count until I reached Lunatic. But now everytime I do something, it will instantly be completed.

If you can play it smart, you could probably do all of these quests in 3-5 days.

38 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

This makes me insanely happy.

But I'mma still gonna take it slow!  It'll get done when it gets done, no matter how much I want those orbs~!

Thank fuck for no 4 dragon teams.

Also thanks to tower quest last month, I have a solid cav team ready to go. Granted, I still don't have any red cavs but Gunther can take a hit from green mages and that's good enough for me. Blues and reds are not problems for reinhardt.

...and then i realized i was supposed to do 8-1, not 8-4 with the cavs and 8-4 is just bring wrys.

Edited by Thor Odinson

This month's quests are oddly benevolent! Got to bring two more cavs up to speed though.
I've Abel, Cecilia, and Ursula at lvl 40, and will probably add Eliwood who's now in mid-thirties.

56 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Apart from the "KO Level 40 Blues"

My arena team of Sharena, Catria, Lilina, and Anna (especially Anna for obvious reasons) has no idea why this could be difficult.
Almost every defence team has at least one blue. If you can beat them in ordinary gameplay, you're fine.

Meanwhile I've only encountered one flyer in nine arena matches, and that was a vanilla Camilla (that rhymes!) who was promptly shot out of the sky by Sharena-buffed Lilina.

Edited by Vaximillian

"Clear 8-4 Lunatic with Wrys. All must survive."

Then you realize that using a 4* Wrys to help units train in the lower Stratums was actually a good thing. Thanks, IS!

Pretty much all of these are doable for me. Thank god we don't have another "use Armors" quest right away.

25 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

"Clear 8-4 Lunatic with Wrys. All must survive."

Then you realize that using a 4* Wrys to help units train in the lower Stratums was actually a good thing. Thanks, IS!

Pretty much all of these are doable for me. Thank god we don't have another "use Armors" quest right away.

Oh thank goodness I haven't sacrificed my 4 star Level 40 Wrys yet for Rehabilitate! He was my first healer and first unit I used feathers on just for Rehabilitate haha

It's a good thing to collect units after all!

34 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh thank goodness I haven't sacrificed my 4 star Level 40 Wrys yet for Rehabilitate! He was my first healer and first unit I used feathers on just for Rehabilitate haha

It's a good thing to collect units after all!

Haha, truly. I try to keep copies around. The only one I sacrificed without having a copy was Lon'qu, and that was to give Ryoma Vantage. Given that these quests have been using units everyone can get for free (even if Draug was kind of late), I don't think I will need Lon'qu for anything unless he ends up as a bonus unit.

4 hours ago, Zero1000 said:

"KO Level 40 Fliers"

Takumi says hi.

Michalis says "surprise, little shit" as the story map with the most lv 40 fliers is 9-1 Lunatic. You're bringing Female Robin too?Camus says hi too. 

Skewering Michalis isn't Takumi's job ,that's Tharja's. 

Unless you want to do it through Arena or Training Tower. 

Cavalry 8-1 was easy for 4⋆ lvl 40 Ursula, Cecilia, Abel, and lvl 32 Eliwood.
Ursula took on Tharja and the lance knight, Cecilia on Robin, Eliwood baited the axe cavalier, and Abel just stood there doing nothing.

8-4 with Wrys was easy for my usual team of 5⋆ lvl 40 Sharena, Catria, and Lilina (and 4⋆ lvl 40 Wrys).

Fifteen flyers will be tedious but there probably be many of them in the upcoming voting gauntlet if I don't manage to get enough in the tower and the arena (1/15 now).

Thank goodness it's not locked to difficulties. Also these quests are actually decent. Good job IS.

I only have 2 quests to go. 8-4 was irritating because someone keeps dying. The flier quest is going to take awhile but that's fine.

That's an interesting change. I didn't want to burn crests just to get to the higher difficulties faster, so it took a while to complete all the arena missions to get through the earlier March difficulty levels. So it does make this more convenient, but it also means it'll be over sooner.

6 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Thank fuck for no 4 dragon teams.

I'm still hoping we get one of those sometime. I have fully trained Young Tiki and f!Corrin, and decently trained Fae and Adult Tiki so it wouldn't even take long to prepare by now.

7 hours ago, Arcanite said:

If you can play it smart, you could probably do all of these quests in 3-5 days.

This is not a good thing, in my opinion.

Dumbing down all the quests might well make most happy in the short term, but it will cause everyone to lose interest in the medium term. What will be left for me to do during those remaining 25 days ? The daily Arena stuff is folded in 20 minutes, I have no reason to train or inherit units, or to try new ways of achieving seemingly impossible objectives.

After the Tower quests of March, I was hoping for more of the same, with a good time pressure to boot. I admit that the armor quest had excessive requirements for most players, with only 5 such units in the game. But I think that the other quests could be fulfilled by anyone willing to put a reasonable amount of time in the game.

1 minute ago, chirp said:

Dumbing down all the quests might well make most happy in the short term, but it will cause everyone to lose interest in the medium term. What will be left for me to do during those remaining 25 days ? The daily Arena stuff is folded in 20 minutes, I have no reason to train or inherit units, or to try new ways of achieving seemingly impossible objectives.

After the Tower quests of March, I was hoping for more of the same, with a good time pressure to boot. I admit that the armor quest had excessive requirements for most players, with only 5 such units in the game. But I think that the other quests could be fulfilled by anyone willing to put a reasonable amount of time in the game.

There will probably more quests - the Tower quests and Lunatic quests only came 1-2 weeks after the start of March. 

6 minutes ago, chirp said:

I'm split.  On one side, we don't have so much busywork.  I always though it was dumb I had to win arena 10 times, then win arena 10 times, then win arena 10 times (or however the quests went).  I'm less concerned with running out of things to do and more concerned with the purpose of 90% of the quests now.  Orbs + Stamina are really the only things I care about so why would I make sure to complete all the other stuff too?  They should have added a "Completion bonus" for like 10 orbs.

@chirp, you could do the February and March quests in a similar amount of time if you spent enough crests (provided that you actually had that one knight in March). Those quests weren't spread any better than these current ones.

11 minutes ago, chirp said:

I just want my orbs as fast as possible lol

The game is always fun as long as you have a bunch of ghetto units to train up (like stahl)

Spoiler

YaZDrSk.png

that was easy

36 minutes ago, chirp said:

there's gonna be a new hero battle, another gauntlet, quests for said gauntlet, and probably more quests in general (the training tower, helping hand, and lunatic challenge quests were all added last month)

there's also all that new stuff they said they were going to add in april. in addition to that, there'll probably be new quests to go with those

so yeah I think there'll be plenty to do this month

43 minutes ago, chirp said:

The month-long quests are pretty basic, and it seems to be in part to stay accessible to any players newly picking up the game that month. The Training Tower quests were a completely different type of quest listing (like the weapon mastery quests in February), and I'm sure we'll get something in that sort of category sometime this month.