Monthly (and semi-monthly) Quest Topic

eclipse

On 7/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, salinea said:

- Swap on at least 2 of them and more if you can spare it.

- Inherit a complementary set of Armor buffs of course

- Silver sword on Draug if you're using him.

- I'm not doing too badly with some breakers, they came with the swaps/silver swords so why not

- pick your battles. 3-4 opponents all physical only, preferably not ranged.

Adding on to this: While it's common sense to avoid mages without a Hector...only accept a healer if there's only one and even then this can be a crap shoot. They're especially dangerous these days since Wrathful Staff is in play, but Pain can just as easily wear you down. So many times I'd go "oh, a healer, shouldn't be too much of an issue" only to be met with terror.

Also be wary of lots of axes. Since there's so few axe units, you are inevitably going to run into a lot of Cherches, Fredericks and Bartres, whose hammers can mess with even Zephial. I usually passed if I saw more than 1.

Consider giving someone a breaker and someone reposition in addition to swap. If you have any spare Draugs, give an extra set of his armor skill to someone else even if you're already using Draug. The AoE armor skills stack with each other. Stratum 10's inflated stats make everything a pain, being able to get +8 def & res on surrounding units is really useful if you can spare it. 

My team has been Zephial/Wendy/Effie/Draug.

Effie is basically the centerpiece due to her huge kill potential especially with Wendy';s buff. I gave her reposition to help move people better when she can't do anything. Otherwise she's pretty standard...though I did give her holy vestments at some point. Don't do that, it doesn't help. 

Wendy I gave Swap and Lancebreaker (Only up to level 2, though). She's not that strong, but lance breaker helps her chip and she's pretty bulky. I didn't have a Sheena for ages, so it was also important to help nerf enemy lances. Never got around to giving her a special. Obviously key due to her armor skill. That extra power...delish.

My Draug...was never useful. Mine was -attack. So he was basically just a battery for his skill and Recirpocal Aid to help in emergencies. He needed more SI to be useful but it was so hard to justify. I also took off Lunge, again, because he was contributing nothing.

Zeph I gave Swap & Bonfire but most importantly I gave him an extra set of ward armor. This helps a ton in making sure everyone can stay healthy. The stratum seriously became like 25% easier now that everyone could weather the attacks easier, especially the marginally more frail effie.

Also a Pro Tip: if you see a 4-unit map with like 3 lances and no ranged units, it's almost certainly this map: http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Big_Ambush
It's usually a pretty easy map, assuming you get at least a little lucky. Most pegasus knights are frail and that includes both current swords. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn it, I really didn't realise there was a time limit on the Chapter 12 maps. I hate time limits. Gonna make the quests harder to do. It feels they're trying to artificially inflate difficulty by forcing you to rush -.-

Been trying to figure out where to ask about the bitter enemy quests, but I couldn't find a place to ask. So I was wondering what I need to do with the Lunatic maps to pull the quests off, and if there is a place where they've been discussed.

I also want to figure out doing the 10-5 map quest with a colourless unit. Bit lost with that quest too.

Having a much easier time with the flier ques with 5 star narcian. He and cordelia wiill steam roll any blues and reds. Not having as much luck with the Chapter 12 quests. Every time I improvise a working strategy, the time limit ends.

Ok, fuck Armor Emblem & whoever thought it was a good idea to have it as a quest. Seriously if you're going to either die because of the tome users, getting doubled, triangle system, or someone has an anti armor weapon. You can't even retreat properly.

God, all this time summoning & I never got Sheena. I just want one green armor unit to make this God forsaken quest easier, but nnnnnoooooo the Random Number God is a prick & gives me friggin Barte. They seriously need to add that "burrow a friend's unit" feature already.

The armor tower quest is real funny. A good number of times I decide to pick a map with an axe present, it turns out to be someone with a hammer. Usually Cherche. Thankfully, Effie can shrug off most armorslayers and Sheena is outright immune to heavy spears. Even Draug, now that I've actually trained him and give him a proc, can actually take out Cherche with full buffs.

Saving the cavalry and infantry tower quests for last, because those two are easy for me. I have Reinhardt, and all of my other best units are infantry. Flier quest was done first, but that is easily my worst team.

Spring Corrin really made the Flier Emblem quest much easier, especially when buffed by Hinoka's Hone Fliers. Armor Emblem quest has gotten easier due to having 3 trained Hectors. Horse Emblem quest has gotten even easier with the addition of actual cavalry buffs and 5*-ing Cecilia.

Finished the story quests. Largely ran Horse Emblem for much of Lunatic Ch. 11.

For 11-5, I used (listed the stuff that actually mattered, if at all):

5* +Atk/-Def Cecilia (Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Atk +3, Fortify Cavalry, Atk +1 seal): KO'd Bruno, Mae, and Boey

5* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Fortify Cavalry, Quickened Pulse seal): KO'd Celica

5* Bride Cordelia (Brave Bow+, Rally Atk/Spd, Luna, Atk +3): KO'd Genny

4* Olivia (Dance, Hone Atk 3, Fortify Res 1 seal)

Reinhardt wipes out Celica on turn 1. Cecilia uses Draw Back on Reinhardt from the left to pull him out of danger and put herself in Bruno's attack range. Bruno suicides. Position units outside of enemy range so that the turtling mages would break down the walls and come out. Positioned Fortify Cavalry-buffed Cecilia (with Reinhardt next to her) so that Mae gets lured out of the defense terrain. Mae suicides into Cecilia. Boey gets 2HKO'd by Cecilia (Boey should be outside of defense terrain). Bride Cordelia then 2RKOs Genny with Olivia's Dance support (Genny can still be on defensive terrain).

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm looking at 11-5 and am just concerned about how to beat it. Last time around I had to use a Light's Blessing to beat it with the full party, and I'm a bit stuck as to what to do with the quest.

What strats are there for that map?

11-5 is the one with the five mages on defense tiles and you have to beat it with a colorless, right? When I beat that map on the chapter 11 chain challenge, I used Eirika, Nino, Sanaki, and a healer. Nino took out Bruno, while Sanaki hit the wall on Boey's side to get him (and Celica) off a defense tile. Once Bruno was gone, I got Nino to hit the wall on Celica's side to lure Mae towards her while the healer just went around healing people and Eirika provided buffs to Nino.

Since the map is timed, you'll want to make sure you make good use of movement skills. Eirika, Nino, and Sanaki all have draw back so they could position each other, but reposition or a dancer could work. Eirika's primary job was to give Nino buffs, so as long as you do not need buffs you can use another unit besides Eirika. Also, if you have another unit that is more reliable in killing Bruno and Mae (like Julia or female Robin or any mage with high magic and blue tomebreaker) you don't necessarily need to use Nino like how I did. Sanaki was there because she is my hardest hitting red mage and because she has the highest resistance of all my combat units. A red mage who can tank both Boey and Celica would fill her spot just as well.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

11-5 is the one with the five mages on defense tiles and you have to beat it with a colorless, right? When I beat that map on the chapter 11 chain challenge, I used Eirika, Nino, Sanaki, and a healer. Nino took out Bruno, while Sanaki hit the wall on Boey's side to get him (and Celica) off a defense tile. Once Bruno was gone, I got Nino to hit the wall on Celica's side to lure Mae towards her while the healer just went around healing people and Eirika provided buffs to Nino.

Since the map is timed, you'll want to make sure you make good use of movement skills. Eirika, Nino, and Sanaki all have draw back so they could position each other, but reposition or a dancer could work. Eirika's primary job was to give Nino buffs, so as long as you do not need buffs you can use another unit besides Eirika. Also, if you have another unit that is more reliable in killing Bruno and Mae (like Julia or female Robin or any mage with high magic and blue tomebreaker) you don't necessarily need to use Nino like how I did. Sanaki was there because she is my hardest hitting red mage and because she has the highest resistance of all my combat units. A red mage who can tank both Boey and Celica would fill her spot just as well.

I have Lilina, F!Robin and M!Robin trained up (Lilina doesn't have a repositioning skill unlike the Robins, who have Drag Back and Reposition respectively), and could use Clarine or Lissa as my healer as well. My main issue is getting units into position early on.

F!Robin isn't the most reliable either (having beaten this map before), but she is my only option as is for Green tomes though.

I don't know if it's me getting better or my units, or both.

Armour Emblem was peasy this time. I mean, it was somewhat easy before with Hector, but I gave him Bonfire and only died once or twice due to a silly mistake on my part.

Infantry Emblem was easy anyway.

Cavalry Emblem is nearly done. I have Camus, Reinhardt and Xander, as well as several others, so that was always easy for me.

The biggest one is Flier Emblem. I think I only died twice when I was really struggling before. I've upgraded Michalis to 5*, but that's the only real difference there. Can't remember if I've added some skills or something. Oh well, definitely not complaining.

Still not ready to tackle Chapter 11, though.

Edited by Cute Chao

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

I have Lilina, F!Robin and M!Robin trained up (Lilina doesn't have a repositioning skill unlike the Robins, who have Drag Back and Reposition respectively), and could use Clarine or Lissa as my healer as well. My main issue is getting units into position early on.

F!Robin isn't the most reliable either (having beaten this map before), but she is my only option as is for Green tomes though.

Lilina would definitely work in place of Sanaki, they're both relatively high magic and high res with low speed. The Robins don't hit nearly as hard as you may want them to, but if female Robin has blue tomebreaker 3 and gronnwolf(+) she will probably take out Bruno easily. If healed up, she will probably be able to tank one hit from Mae as well.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Lilina would definitely work in place of Sanaki, they're both relatively high magic and high res with low speed. The Robins don't hit nearly as hard as you may want them to, but if female Robin has blue tomebreaker 3 and gronnwolf(+) she will probably take out Bruno easily. If healed up, she will probably be able to tank one hit from Mae as well.

More an issue of doing so speedily as is. M!Robin is the sole 5* which doesn't help matters.

M!Robin has R!Tomebreaker for Celica (It 1-rounds her), F!Robin can 1-round Bruno, tank Mae and Ignis helps do damage (Though she is obviously a weak link), Lilina demolishes Boey with G!Tomebreaker and Genny can be hit with BlarRaven

I can get 4/5 killed before time runs out because forcing a game over on the last turn's enemy phase is mean as is. Lilina would likely be able to speed this up with a movement skill.

Edited by Dayni

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

More an issue of doing so speedily as is. M!Robin is the sole 5* which doesn't help matters.

M!Robin has R!Tomebreaker for Celica (It 1-rounds her), F!Robin can 1-round Bruno, tank Mae and Ignis helps do damage (Though she is obviously a weak link), Lilina demolishes Boey with G!Tomebreaker and Genny can be hit with BlarRaven

I can get 4/5 killed before time runs out because forcing a game over on the last turn's enemy phase is mean as is. Lilina would likely be able to speed this up with a movement skill.

Well, if you have a strategy down then that's a start at the very least. See if you can get a movement skill or any buffs (if you don't already have them) or sacred seals to see if those make the difference.

43 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, if you have a strategy down then that's a start at the very least. See if you can get a movement skill or any buffs (if you don't already have them) or sacred seals to see if those make the difference.

Got it with no new skills.

Managed it by forcing the AI on the offensive by attacking Celica with M!Robin and then dragging him forward with F!Robin (Drag Back is more like Drag Forward with me half the time), leaving her to take out Bruno and cause Celica's party to charge at me. From there I was able to set up for each unit on the enemy side (Barring Boey, who Lilina 1-rounded on player phase). Beaten on Turn 6, but if Clarine could use Swift-Wind Balm on the 5th turn, M!Robin could 1-round Genny.

That move on the first turn makes this map so much easier. No Light's Blessings or anything! :D

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Got it with no new skills.

Managed it by forcing the AI on the offensive by attacking Celica with M!Robin and then dragging him forward with F!Robin (Drag Back is more like Drag Forward with me half the time), leaving her to take out Bruno and cause Celica's party to charge at me. From there I was able to set up for each unit on the enemy side (Barring Boey, who Lilina 1-rounded on player phase). Beaten on Turn 6, but if Clarine could use Swift-Wind Balm on the 5th turn, M!Robin could 1-round Genny.

That move on the first turn makes this map so much easier. No Light's Blessings or anything! :D

Congrats! And yeah, those movement skills help a lot!

I honestly can't beat Lunatic 11-3 and 11-5 and have the characters stay alive and have a colourless unit (on the latter). I struggled to find any videos of freebie characters (I found one for the final map with no colourless from a previous mission). 

Does anyone have any links to videos? I really hate reinforcement and time limit maps -.- 

Edit: Just managed 11-3. Still can't do 11-5. This map would've been stupidly hard even without the time limit. Adding one just irks me >.<

Edited by Cute Chao

9 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I honestly can't beat Lunatic 11-3 and 11-5 and have the characters stay alive and have a colourless unit (on the latter). I struggled to find any videos of freebie characters (I found one for the final map with no colourless from a previous mission). 

Does anyone have any links to videos? I really hate reinforcement and time limit maps -.- 

Edit: Just managed 11-3. Still can't do 11-5. This map would've been stupidly hard even without the time limit. Adding one just irks me >.<

Something like this?

• 3 weeks later...

Armor emblem quest FINALLY complete. Hector was the key. Feels so good. Hector/Effie/Gwen/Zephiel

Just really refreshed until Hector was able to cheese the map with some help from Effie. Gwen and Zephiel are level 33 and mostly just there as a Hone Cavalry bot and as... a useless sword that did nothing and couldn't even kill greens reliably. But both of them are only *4 and I still don't know what I want to do.

Ideally Hector/Amelia/Effie/Zeph or Draug would be my Armor team but Amelia isn't going to happen with Lyn in one banner and CYL being another. I have to just save my orbs and hope she's demoted to *4.

I used the orb to expand my barracks. I think I might just do that with that particular orb every month. The armor quest will probably still be the last one I complete.

Man I've been blitzing through the amor & flying quests this month. Armor is already done, flying is half way there. 5*ing Zeph as a surprisingly big game changer, that -4 def went a long way. Meanwhile I got Clair and turned her into silver lance palla w/ hit & run and having a thid unit with goad flier is *such* a game changer in terms of psoitioning and getting kills. And I gave Cherche Brave Axe (Brave Axe+ too, but she's a few SP away from it) and dang it's like it was made for her. I'll probably give her Hit & Run off the free Clive, too, since it'll help her stay out of danger.

And of course, god bless the ability to reroll the tower, instantly, for free.I still think it's stupid that the armor quest is only worth a single orb, but all the 10th stratum quests feel much more managable because of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm freaking happy because I finally were able to beat the Armor Emblem quest for the first time!!!

Thank you Amelia, you  aren't the character I wanted, but you are the one I needed.