Official Serenes Forest Discord (New Members read OP!)

Jyosua

another very important feature if you sync your discord account: even if you don't join the server you can have your sf avatar sync with your discord avatar and they'll be the same and thats rad

Edited by unique

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does SF need to be able to read my (Discord) email address?

EDIT: Furthermore, why can it not paint me a happy little tree :(

Spoiler

cced3f573f.png

Edited by Euklyd

58 minutes ago, Euklyd said:

Why does SF need to be able to read my (Discord) email address?

EDIT: Furthermore, why can it not paint me a happy little tree :(

Hide contents

cced3f573f.png

mine was that it couldn't read me a bedtime story, there must be a lot of these! 

Spoiler

20170415_231043.thumb.jpg.427dfe8932ea8574a45baef13aa1254b.jpg

It's kind of not very obvious, but you need to link your Serenes account with your Discord account, which is done in your account settings here on Serenes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried syncing three times. Logging out of my account and back in. Syncing again.  Logging out of Discord and back in.  Leaving the group and rejoining.  Still can only see the validation channel.

Newly registered users aren't able to access the Discord right away. Once you've been active on the forums for a short while you'll automatically promote from "New Member" to "Member" and be able to access all of the Discord features. It turned out to be a more popular feature than we anticipated, and it was necessary to take extra steps to protect our users from harassment in light of that.

Edited by Tangerine

1 hour ago, Tangerine said:

Newly registered users aren't able to access the Discord right away. Once you've been active on the forums for a short while you'll automatically promote from "New Member" to "Member" and be able to access all of the Discord features. It turned out to be a more popular feature than we anticipated, and it was necessary to take extra steps to protect our users from harassment in light of that.

Ahh, that explains it.  Thank you.  Did not see that in the original post so was not sure what was wrong.

Yup, it's in the OP, must've skipped over it!

There aren't any restrictions on your use of the forum for the New Member group, so you'll be able to join the Discord before you know it :P.

It's been set up so that you'll automatically be promoted once you've been active enough posting and interacting with people on the forums.

I have one problem, i already authenticate my account but the chat still locked, my username is Trainer Albert #4353

Edit:forget it, i dont see the others posts....

Edited by Lord Albert

Welcome to SF guys! The answer to your question is in the OP and in the thread's recent posts. Once you've reached a certain post threshold you'll automatically promote and be able to access the Discord.

On 2017-06-04 at 4:04 PM, Jyosua said:

It's been set up so that you'll automatically be promoted once you've been active enough posting and interacting with people on the forums.

Edited by Tangerine

On 2017-6-6 at 7:16 PM, Tangerine said:

Welcome to SF guys! The answer to your question is in the OP and in the thread's recent posts. Once you've reached a certain post threshold you'll automatically promote and be able to access the Discord.

How many post I need to enter?

We're not releasing the official number, but it's not too many; even if you're not terribly active you'll get there soon enough. Do note that posting in our spam section (FFTF) doesn't count towards content count.