Data-mined Information (SPOILERS; please read first post)

What data do you want to see first?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Preliminary data

• Character Max Stats
    • Weapon + Item Data
    • Skill Data
    • Other (please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Something Witty said:

These leaks are really getting me even more hyped for this game, but I'm kinda worried about the supports.

I mean, look at the Faye x Alm support, not only was it really short, but it was kind of pathetic.

There are still base convos

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what base convos are, as I never played the games that they are from (I'm a newer fan of the series).

Edit: never mind, I just looked it up. I just hope that they will be better than the Supports

Edited by Something Witty

7 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

It would be pretty neat if someone did a comparison of boss portraits between Gaiden and Echoes.

I'd do it but /lazy

Edit: Also, I noticed Dach is in there twice and one of the portraits is unlabeled.

kMAy3ef.png

1 minute ago, Something Witty said:

I don't understand what base convos are, as I never played the games that they are from (I'm a newer fan of the series).

They exist to flesh out characters, like support conversations, but give no stat bonuses. They do, however, sometimes give items for that character. They depend on who's recruited, who's still alive, and actions taken in maps. Here's one of Jill's. 

Just now, boarbaque said:

They exist to flesh out characters, like support conversations, but give no stat bonuses. They do, however, sometimes give items for that character. They depend on who's recruited, who's still alive, and actions taken in maps. Here's one of Jill's. 

I did just look them up, but thanks anyways. I didn't know that could also give items as well. I wonder where are they going to take place though. In the menu when we are in the oveworld map, or are in special location that we will go to, such as villages.

46 minutes ago, unique said:

why is duma 30 then

It's a placeholder-- seems like most enemies have that as their listed age.

29 minutes ago, bremorrill said:

Did anyone listen to the Map B O3 song?? It's the final map music from FE3/12!!! Does anyone know what this could mean? If someone already pointed this out, sorry, I can't read the entire forum.

I'd wager it's for the finale of Chapter 6.

11 minutes ago, Something Witty said:

Base conversations are essentially conversations where characters react to what is currently going on in the story, typically the next or previous chapter. They allow for characters to develop somewhat more organically because they are tied to plot events rather than arbitrary friendship levels, and consequently only happen at set points instead of needing to account for the possibility of them happening at any time. As a side-effect of this, they are also generally easier to obtain; instead of forcing players to have Tethys lap-dance Gerik in the corner for 250 turns and locking it out forever if you chose to have him get with Marisa instead, you can usually get most if not all of them in a normal playthrough.

Unlike support conversations, they don't necessarily provide consistent bonuses to gameplay. Whereas support conversations reward players with some trivial proximity-based stat boost, base conversations are a bit more diverse: sometimes they provide no reward at all, sometimes they provide the player with new items, and sometimes they can even provide the player with new characters. But their primary purpose is largely the same as supports: character development and world-building.

Base conversations are present in Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and New Mystery of the Emblem. The latter case is a little bit different, though, as support conversations are somewhat combined with them in that game -- but that's not really important right now.

Edited by Iridium

19 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Base conversations are essentially conversations where characters react to what is currently going on in the story, typically the next or previous chapter. They allow for characters to develop somewhat more organically because they are tied to plot events rather than arbitrary friendship levels, and consequently only happen at set points instead of needing to account for the possibility of them happening at any time. As a side-effect of this, they are also generally easier to obtain; instead of forcing players to have Tethys lap-dance Gerik in the corner for 250 turns and locking it out forever if you chose to have him get with Marisa instead, you can usually get most if not all of them in a normal playthrough.

Unlike support conversations, they don't necessarily provide consistent bonuses to gameplay. Whereas support conversations reward players with some trivial proximity-based stat boost, base conversations are a bit more diverse: sometimes they provide no reward at all, sometimes they provide the player with new items, and sometimes they can even provide the player with new characters. But their primary purpose is largely the same as supports: character development and world-building.

Base conversations are present in Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and New Mystery of the Emblem. The latter case is a little bit different, though, as support conversations are somewhat combined with them in that game -- but that's not really important right now.

Base convos were the only thing keeping Radiant Dawn characters form being as static as Archanea characters. FE4 had a lot of character conversations that were KINDA like base convos, and FE5 had characterication before and after the recruitment chapter for the most part. 

Have the dialogue portraits for the playable characters been uploaded? I've seen some of them around, but IDK if there's a dump of all of them or not yet.

I know we're done for the day, but I'd like to add this to the list. Is there a difficulty beyond Hard?

I'm also a bit curious if the endings have been translated.

3 minutes ago, Almerson said:

I know we're done for the day, but I'd like to add this to the list. Is there a difficulty beyond Hard?

I'm also a bit curious if the endings have been translated.

More in the coments:

1 hour ago, r_n said:

kMAy3ef.png

Are they vampires or something? I am unfamiliar with these characters, and they are really reminiscent of certain types of vampires.

Edited by Tolvir

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Are they vampires or something? I am unfamiliar with these characters, and they are really reminiscent of certain types of vampires.

Nah they're Duma priests my friend...or Gharnef's bros.

3 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Nah they're Duma priests my friend...or Gharnef's bros.

Wonder if they are getting changed a bit then since Duma has a connection to the undead. Their new designs are really reminiscent of the Japanese depictions of vampires, they are missing the teeth though, but most vampires can hide those. I doubt it though, but I think it would be an interesting route to go. It would definitely make them a little more menacing and intriguing, and add some depth to some pretty bland bad guys.

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

They're just evil wizards

i guess the dark complexion, white eyes and elf ears just come with the job

I did looked around at the skills page. I noticed that Anti-Fliers, Armored, and Mounted skills was listed as Anti-Flying, Armoured, and Cavalry, it's actually localized as Anti-Fliers, Armored, and Mounted that was shown from the PAX videos and NWRTV videos, I don't see Summon amiibo, Ark Ballista, Power of Abundance, and Hit and Run from the 7 minute trailer was listed in the skills page also and I did seen Hex was listed as Curse since Hex are in Fire Emblem Awakening. Also, the and is actually called Armored.

Edited by King Marth 64

HUGE STORY SPOILER WARNING 

Proceed at your own risk

Spoiler

So ummm........i was watching linkmstr's first part of Fe Echoes and in the beginning there was a scene with Celica seemingly dead and that it was Alm that "killed" her. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!?? This didn't happen in the original so I'm confused as hell and I just want to know what happened and if they're ok :(

Also I'm really sorry for posting late X (

Edited by Pipiplup

7 minutes ago, Pipiplup said:

HUGE STORY SPOILER WARNING 

Proceed at your own risk

Hide contents

So ummm........i was watching linkmstr's first part of Fe Echoes and in the beginning there was a scene with Celica seemingly dead and that it was Alm that "killed" her. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!?? This didn't happen in the original so I'm confused as hell and I just want to know what happened and if they're ok :(

Also I'm really sorry for posting late X (

Wow, I missed the beginning of the stream. That's really weird.

I dunno either.

Edited by Almerson

okay this is actually the most serious question i will ever ask on this forum and im sure many fans want to know too. what the fuck does doma look like

3 hours ago, boarbaque said:

So I guess supports took the back burner this time well that sucks but this is a old game they probably didn't want to add supports in the first place. One of Echoes flaws are that the support are short and basically took the back burner.

12 minutes ago, We'veGotTrouble said:

okay this is actually the most serious question i will ever ask on this forum and im sure many fans want to know too. what the fuck does doma look like

RFOXovBl.png

Sadly we only have the picture, i asked for the model earlier but it's unavalible. Still really creepy and wierd tho