Data-mined Information (SPOILERS; please read first post)

What data do you want to see first?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Preliminary data

• Character Max Stats
    • Weapon + Item Data
    • Skill Data
    • Other (please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/9/2017 at 3:01 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I flipped through about 20 pages not finding the answer but I didn't see it asked. How do RNs work with hitting in this game?

Sorry, that will require somebody with debugging knowledge, like @SciresM

Haha, I love the tiny things they snuck in from Gaiden.

Dark God still shares the movement group as Fighter/Hero.

Also, the unused "Naga" and "Serpent" texts are still in this game. Not sure about the unused Gaia spell though.

On 5/10/2017 at 11:50 AM, VincentASM said:

Sorry, that will require somebody with debugging knowledge, like @SciresM

Haha, I love the tiny things they snuck in from Gaiden.

Dark God still shares the movement group as Fighter/Hero.

Also, the unused "Naga" and "Serpent" texts are still in this game. Not sure about the unused Gaia spell though.

Or the fact that you can kill the final boss with nosferatu. (Wait, that was a glitch in the original, right? ) i also like how certain amibo weaons can do it.

Doh, I'm dumb.

Thanks to the Cipher livestream, I figured out what some of those weird unused item icons were.

echoes-items1_72.pngechoes-items1_73.pngechoes-items1_74.pngechoes-items1_83.png

Accessories for the 4 Cipher mascots from the latest starter deck. In order: Emma, Shade, Yuzu and Lando.

Fun fact: Lando's accessory is at the very end of the list, so it may have been a last-minute addition.

It seems like the English game has been datamined now, so... did Shizas get a localized name in whatever unused field he was buried in in the Japanese version?

6 hours ago, r_n said:

Is Alcohol really not usable beyond Mila offerings in the japanese version? I figured that was something removed for western release.

It's the same in all versions of the game, there was no censorship.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Huh, pretty surprised no one got one of the unused Invokes.

Yuzu's spell list is pretty disappointing but I dig Shade getting all those cool support spells. I think she's the only one beyond a reclassed Deen that gets Silence

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

Huh, pretty surprised no one got one of the unused Invokes.

Yuzu's spell list is pretty disappointing but I dig Shade getting all those cool support spells. I think she's the only one beyond a reclassed Deen that gets Silence

Well, in Yuzu's case it makes sense; she's foremost a swordsman and only a Priestess because it's literally the only female class that has the weapon. To that end I'm almost pleasantly surprised she even got Sagittae.

Shade definitely seems like the most interesting candidate so far. She can fulfill Faye's duties (i.e. Rescue and Physic) for whatever route doesn't get Faye, which also means a more viable Rescue user on Celica's route. Freeze and Silence don't seem incredible, but they're fairly rare, and I'm sure someone will find a good use for them. Freeze was previously locked to Mage Faye and Mage Kamui, while Silence was previously locked to Mae and Mage Deen (and thus, more generally, Celica's route.)

I've been waiting for this data. Finally, it arrives! And I think'll splurge and buy the Cipher characters after all.

My immediate analysis:

Spoiler

Emma is disappointing- her bases and growths alike aren't too pretty. That 14 Resistance is incredible though, so tossing her the Coral Ring and or Talisman and having her kill Arcanists is a real possibility. Plus, she's an automatic Falcoknight, that can't be a total disappointment given how good Banish is and the abundance of terrible terrain.

Randal is a Pally with solid growths and bases outside of Luck, not too bad (getting randomly critted is an issue- but the Turnwheel can fix that). He bases are inferior to Conrad's and Zeke's, but he joins much earlier than either of them (and Act 3 starts brutal). He is a second Mathilda with less Luck on Alm's side, and has no equal on Celica's route.

Yuzu's lack of spells hurts, and her durability is lacking, and I'd say she is the worst of the Cipher group. Plus swords are much competed for among Celica's members if you send her to that group. Poor Resistance means she is outdone by Dread Fighters too. She is going to be a Celica lite, without the nukes of Seraphim and Ragnarok. Maybe IS should've tossed her better Defense to make her a distinctly durable hybrid attacker.

Shade is indeed the best and most unique of the bunch. Stats aren't too big a deal for her because she's utility (though her Atk could be better), and this she has in the spades. As Iridium points out, if she goes with Celica, she'll make Mage!Atlas obsolete since her Rescue can come earlier, and Rescue allows for hit-and-run tactics that'd otherwise be suicidal. Freeze and Silence are extremely rare too, but with 1-1/4Atk as its range, we're talking a distance of 3 at base- not very safe. Physic is always welcome on either route, Genny is the lone user on Celica's route and with the Whitewing trio fighting far away from your footies, they need frequent healing from afar. As for Alm's side, Shade gives you early Physic and (access to Rescue at all) without forcing Faye or Tobin to go Cleric/Mage. The only thing you miss out from Cleric!Faye is Anew- but that comes way too late already. And even if you have Cleric!Faye and Shade on Alm's team, then you can Physic and Warp-Rescue on the same turn, so it isn't totally redundant. And then Tatiana shows up late and you can double Warp-Rescue, which is pretty sweet.

And assuming the maps you need to unlock the Cipher 4 really are early Act 3 difficulty, then this makes the characters even better. As early Act 3 is kinda nasty, so having characters with strong starting stats by Act 3 standards to ease the challenge- even if you plan to drop them later on, is quite the boon.

Trainee Lance seems pretty great. 3 consecutive strikes? Yes please. Sure it sucks that even at max forge its only 8 Might but lances didn't get a double hit attack and I'm sure armors appreciate having some option regardless.

Out of curiosity, do they have any ages listed in the code? Or are they just the default number.