Lancereaver vs Axereaver

Rajam

I wonder how the Attack and Accuracy bonus work here...

From the calculations section:

Attack bonus
"Weapon Triangle bonus: +1 if weapon is good against enemy’s weapon, -1 if bad against enemy’s weapon.

(For Reaver weapons, the Weapon Triangle bonus is doubled for both weapons, except when facing another Reaver weapon.)"

Accuracy bonus
"Weapon Triangle bonus: +15 if weapon is good against enemy’s weapon, -15 if bad against enemy’s weapon.

(For Reaver weapons, the Weapon Triangle bonus is doubled for both weapons, except when facing another Reaver weapon.)"

So, if two reaver weapons face each other, it seems bonus are canceled, yet it doesn't make much sense if I attack with a Lancereaver an enemy holding an Axereaver, since the Lancereaver sword is good against lances, and the Axereaver lance is weak against swords, so it's like... it should be double bonus ¿?¿?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The Axereaver is strong against the Lancereaver but does not get a double Weapon Triangle bonus against it.

The two reversals of the Weapon Triangle cancel each other out, so the Weapon Triangle functions as normal. Just as any other lance is strong against any other sword, the Axereaver is strong against the Lancereaver.

Edited by Paper Jam

• 2 weeks later...

The bonus isn't relevant enough for me to invest so many funds into buying so many reaver weapons in the first place. They're honestly hit or miss because of their durability and cost, it depends on the unit/map though. I would say Axereaver is probably the worst of the bunch since you probably have plenty of sword users to deal with axes by the time you have access to them, but that's just me.

Edited by Memo_rize