Favourite new Music heard so far? (Obvious Spoilers)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in love with the new final map theme. The original was originally one of the best songs in any game on the NES, but the new version is just mindblowing.

I also love Duma's new theme and Berkut's first theme. The latter sounds like it was ripped straight of Dark Souls

Edited by Crystallized Silver

Berkut's first battle theme is absolutely mind blowing, that song is fantastic. I love the Doma battle theme, and, of course, Alm's Battle and Map themes. Those will never get old. 

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Wow....just wow....

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Echoes might be making a run for my favorite OST in the franchise (which is a tie between Radiant Dawn and Fates)

It definitely has the best final map theme in the series, hands-down. I don't think many will argue that.

7 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

http://serenesforest.net/download/fe15/BGM_MAP_G5.mp3

Yeah, and it's great.

I'm calling best soundtrack in the series right now. No bias, I promise.

Emmm hmmm

I agree though. I don't think I've ever just sat and listened to an FE soundtrack before. Normally I would have a song playing in the background while I was doing something but for this one I literally sat down and just listened And cried

Okay so I've listened to a bunch of songs and I cannot express in words how much I'm loving this soundtrack. It's honestly so great. When Awakening first came out, I thought the music in that was the best in the series. Then Fates came out and I thought that was the new best. Now Echoes is coming out and it's the same thing here too, but even more so this time compared to those games.

I can't even pick a favorite... I love everything... ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

EDIT: I was talking to my friend about the soundtrack, and he summed up the comparisons to Awakening/Fates in the way I feel. Pretty much Fates was musically better than Awakening but the style wasn't as good while Echoes is also great musically (if not better, which it is lol) and has the best style out of all of them.

Edited by SuperIb

3 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

I still think Awakening probably has the best soundtrack. It has the most stand-out bops imo. This one is second, I feel, while Fates is in last because very little of the music stood out to me.

The problem with awakening was the tracks feel out of place on their own for the most part due to how they were meant to flow through battle transitions. At least for me it really bothered me as listening to the out of game audio really was underwhelming as you didn't get the mixing of the theme+ablaze versions.

On their own the themes in Echos feel over all more complete which (in my biased opinion) boosts them up a notch (For me Fates and the themes of RD are overall preferable to Awakening though awakening did have some good themes)

so i've been attempting to upload every song from the soundtrack and I'm over halfway done at this point

in the process I've listened to a lot of the songs and god DAMN rudolf's map theme is great

Spoiler

this might be the most dramatic sounding song in the whole series

20 minutes ago, Dragrath said:

At least for me it really bothered me as listening to the out of game audio really was underwhelming as you didn't get the mixing of the theme+ablaze versions.

That's my main problem with Awakening's soundtrack as well... it just wasn't as good outside of the game. Echoes, on the other hand, is something I can be (and have been) listening to just as I would any other song.

10 minutes ago, unique said:

so i've been attempting to upload every song from the soundtrack and I'm over halfway done at this point

Thanks for all your work, unique! :D

alright so as I continued to upload every song I came across another song I wanted to mention

the third enemy phase theme

Spoiler

the fucking wailing noises make it unnerving as hell I love it

Edited by unique

Awakening's OST feels too ambient, if not basic, to me, and so it never really jumps out in musical flair. 

Fates's has a similar issue, though the differing styles to better reflect Hoshido and Nohr themes do give it identity. Either way, I can still listen to A Dark Fall, Road Taken, A Lost King's Supper, End Of All, and Condemnation for hours on end.

Echoes's OST, meanwhile, really sounds....self-assured, for lack of a word. It doesn't have to abide by any particular instrumentation like Fates does, it doesn't have to be lukewarm to the point of being generic like in Awakening, and it doesn't have to have its map themes be a foundation for seguing into the battle themes proper. Each song gets to be its own thing, and it works.

To be fair, it gets to do that because it's a remake - Gaiden already laid out the foundation to build on. But that's why I enjoy the two Event themes I linked earlier so much - they didn't come in with a base to work with, and it still sounds so right and emotional.

It's a soundtrack brimming with confidence. It know why you're playing the game, and so it's going to give you the sound worthy of an enhanced game.