Are you okay that [spoilers] is in the game?

Are you okay that Grima is in the game?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Are you okay that Grima is in the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am neutral
    • I don't know
    • I don't care at all

Hi everyone!

As you might know, thanks to the datamine we know that Grima is in the game.

Are you okay with that?

Personally I am quite happy about it. I never cared for him as a villain but I like that he is finally getting a backstory and that we get more contents.

Edited by Thunderstar

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind. If anything I'm happy about it.

FEA has always been a love/hate kind of thing. It could have been so good, but thanks to the underdevelopment of it's main villain (And other things), it was meh. So if Echoes does something to redeem FEA, I will be happy.

i'm not mad that grima specifically is in it but i'm super disappointed that chapter 6 just seems to exist to tie into awakeningĀ 

i never liked grima to begin with though the story given here seems kind of interesting, but i really don't care about him or awakening enough to be excited about this

It adds on the worldbuilding of another game and makes the games feel connected without interfering with previously established stories. They also seem to be going in a very cool direction with Grima that makes him stick out from being yet another primal evil/crazy dragon.

Really, it's the best of both worlds.Ā 

I want Walhart though.

Not really excited or disappointed, I'll have to see the execution. Although its giving me some Resident Evil vibes from what little I did see (I'm not trying to see more either).

Edited by Jedi

I never even liked Grima (in fact, he's one of my complaints about Awakening), I'm still glad they're actually giving him a backstory now.

Grima in FE13 seemed to exist to throw in an evil dragon god because why not, nothing was clear about what it was, where it came from, how it was connected to the dragons in FE1/3, etc. Ā 

It's nice to see all that explained after... man it's been five years since Awakening came out? Ā Time flies I guess...

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I like it! Not only it's interesting worldbuilding, it makes youĀ look at the Risen and Grima. Especially Grima. He's worshipped as a god, and seems to think of himself as one, and yet, he's the creation of a single human. Granted, he has divine dragon blood, but he was still created by the humans he looks down. I actually really enjoy the irony.

personally im worried that he might end up overshadowing duma for a lot of people but im interested to see whats what. Grimna will still never be interesting to me in awakening but if he gets an interesting enough backstory i'll be kinda happy. Also continuity problems are a possibility but just have to wait and see..

23 minutes ago, unique said:

i'm not mad that grima specifically is in it but i'm super disappointed that chapter 6 just seems to exist to tie into awakeningĀ 

Pretty much this. Let Echoes stand on its own, and if you want more to it, make something new.

Grima was dumb then and is even dumber here. I knew IS had to throw that curveball - the game was coming along a little too perfectly to be true.

I'm not jumping for joy, but I am fine with it. I thought it was weird in Awakening that Grima was a thing and that no mention of him existed in 1 to 3.... although I don't know (nor wish to know till I play the game) why he is in Echoes or what his backstory is.

If I were to put Awakening fanservice into a new title, I definitely would've not picked Grima of all things. Just saying.

It's not like they're giving us something completely unrelated, Gaiden and Awakening did have some connections (I mean, Valentia/Valm was there). And it makes sense to give some backstory, which might not be dumb in my opinion (at least for what we know now).

It's ok to dislike Awakening, lots of people do and everyone has their opinion, even I agree it has its flaws. But to say that Echoes Chapter 6 exists just for the sake of Awakening fans... well, I personally don't think so (and even if that was the case, they're just paying homage to the title that saved the whole series, and I can't see it as a bad thing).

It's upsetting that IS rewrites Gaiden to justify the apathy that Awakening had towards the games that it claimed to be a sequel to. It would have been Awakening's job to give a shit about the series' history.

Everything else depends on the execution. But adding an entire new chapter gives me the impression that this is just something that is tagged on for some more Awakening wanking instead of something that compliments the existing story. I mean, this is IS we are talking about, the guys who added child clones of various Awakening characters to Birthright. This is exactly the kind of thoughtless, shallow pandering that they would go for, so I find it hard to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Edited by BrightBow

Grima's implementation is a pretty cool throwback IMO.

It's not in your face, since the name "Grima" is never mentioned. Closest thing is it's a Fell Dragon.

You're meant to figure it out and go WTF.

Also, lore-wise, it makes sense, since we had no idea where Grima came from originally. Now we just need to figure out how Grima took over the Dragon's Table...

It was implied that Alm and co didn't defeat Grima, but merely disturbed its slumber. In fact, it would be pretty amusing if Alm opened the seal for Grima to invade Archanea...

5 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

IDK how I feel, maybe it will tie into Medus

I would have really loved a Medius tie in.

Imagine him gathering power, and Alm's crew was too late to stop him in the end - thusly, we have Mystery. He could have been wandering as a spirit, and absorbed Duma & Mila's power as they were sealed away to come back.

I'll calm down and wait to see how things play out, because there may be some cool maps included. Ā I love the Gaiden engine so I'd love to play more tbh - just not sure this was the reason I wanted to do it.

I think this could be a case of some good Awakening fanservice. Rather than have Awakening character become clones that just take places that could have been given to real characters now we have a situation where something interesting can be done, something that fixes a weakness of Awakening and adds to the overall worldbuilding of the first Fire emblem world.Ā 

It adds something rather than taking something away.Ā 

I don't really see a reason to be upset, so I'm okay with it.

I mean, you're getting a brand-new chapter that creates continuity and world building for something that honestly needsĀ it.

If people were to get upset about this, I'd be surprised, honestly.