"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

3 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I stopped playing for now but it would definitely seem to be the case, yes.

Worth noting is that skills can be the same on different equipment - assumedly if you learn the skill on another equipment you would be able to use it if they have the same skill? Not been able to see that yet.

Well that sucks. I was hoping you wouldn't have to rely on, let's say, an Iron Sword to use it's signature skill. I was under the impression that you'd have a unit learn the skill then move on to a stronger weapon to learn it's respective skill and then be able to keep using the skill learned from the aforementioned Iron Sword even when using a different weapon. 

Man, Echoes is a weird game. 

Edited by Leif

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would be certain skills that simply don't fit - the Lightning Sword skill Thunderclap straight up doubles attack but reduces range to 1, and that would work with very few swords and would be ridiculous if it did.

And yeah, I just tested because I was interested. I gave Sonya the Steel Shield and Lyon Shield and she kept Fortification on both even though I only levelled her with the shield she came with, and was progressing to learn the other Lyon Shield skill after I equipped her with it.

Edit: said in the other thread but some of you may want to know:

By the way, not sure if it's obvious or been said yet, but the pips under the weapon name are it's possibility to be upgraded at the forged, that improve it by set amounts. The filling bar under the weapon icon is only filled for weapon skills.

For example Iron Bow goes from 2 might 75 hit to 7 might 95 hit with multiple upgrade levels (5 or 6 IIRC)

Lightning Sword goes to 19 might 90 hit.

And one other thing is I 'upgraded' a Rusty Shield at the forge and got a Steel Shield (for only 10 silver coins, too). It looked like this may have been random.

Edited by Tryhard

I got an another question that it's related to the story:

Spoiler
  1. I did saw that unexpected first cutscene that had Celica gets killed with the Falchion got her really hard and it looks like Celica avoid using the sword pointed at Alm that it smally resembles to Grima that took over Robin's body kills Chrom in the Intermission in Awakening, it looked like Alm was actually really shocked to see what just happened with Celica and then the story takes back to Alm's and Celica's childhood in the prologue. What just happened to that scene with Alm and Celica, was it suppose to be related to the new sixth chapter? And also, I did saw the opening that had Celica gets shocked to see something that it looks like she saw someone that happened really bad and prepares to attack with her sword, is that little scene connects to that event where we saw that first cutscene?
  2. Is there any new Paralogue maps appeared in Echoes?

Edited by King Marth 64

This goes for Gaiden as well, I guess, but how do spells work if they are learned at a very late level, such as Silque's Invoke? Is it based on an internal level or would she need to make it to Lv.18 Saint if she promoted too early?

@King Marth 64 

Spoiler

To your second question, no, but there's some extra post-game stuff added in, it seems.

@Wayward Alchemist Promoting at level 12 has her learning it at level 6 or whatever promoted, so it adds them together. Thank goodness, too, because Silque goes from 0-100 real quick when she learns her Invoke.

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

He is not. 

Thats Scizor the Dread Fighter, Saizo is the Gold Knight.

Well, he asked for a picture of Scizor, and I gave him one.

Edit: Is Saxon the one you're looking for?

Edited by Robert of Normandy

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Saxon is a separate boss.

I see. I never committed the Gaiden boss names to memory since none of them are very important.

Perhaps some of the Gaiden bosses have been replaced by fights with Berkut?

Edited by Robert of Normandy

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

I see. I never committed the Gaiden boss names to memory since none of them are very important.

Perhaps Some of the Gaiden bosses have been replaced by fights with Berkut?

That'd be weird if that did happen, I think.

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

That'd be weird if that did happen, I think.

Well, they need to put fights with him somewhere in the game. Perhaps they felt it was better to replace one of the many Paladin/Gold Knight battles than to add extra battles with him or add him as an extra boss in some chapter.

1 minute ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Well, they need to put fights with him somewhere in the game. Perhaps they felt it was better to replace one of the many Paladin/Gold Knight battles than to add extra battles with him or add him as an extra boss in some chapter.

Well all of the bosses seem to have made it, why remove a portraited boss?

Shizas is in chapter 4 for clarification.

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Well all of the bosses seem to have made it, why remove a portraited boss?

Shizas is in chapter 4 for clarification.

To be fair, many bosses had the same portrait. I'm not sure whether he shared one though.

Edited by Almerson

Just now, Almerson said:

To be fair, many bosses had the same portrait. I'm not sure whether he shared one though.

He had a Slayder based portrait.

OMG, I'm gonna boycott the game if Shizas, the most developed character in the game, isn't present.

1 minute ago, Almerson said:

Based on FEWOD, "Shezeas" had a Slayder based portrait while "Saizo" (who is apparently Scizor) did not even have a portrait.

1 minute ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Based on FEWOD, "Shezeas" had a Slayder based portrait while "Saizo" (who is apparently Scizor) did not even have a portrait.

Scizor/Saizo, Zack, NES Gazzak, and NES Gomer are the only named bosses to lack portraits.

14 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Answer to Q2 is 5.

Some context. (Big spoilers)

Hide contents

Berkut is pissed off since he discovered Alm is Rudolf's son, therefore making Alm the direct heir to the Rigelian throne, which means Berkut can never be Emperor. Rinea says she doesn't care that Berkut has failed, but Berkut takes this the wrong way and think Rinea is mocking him. He gets angry and asks Duma for power, no matter the cost. Unfortunately for him, that cost is Rinea.

Spoiler

Wow, that sounds incredibly tragic. Does explain why Rinea turns into that fiery... demon thing. I'm guessing she dies before Berkut, eh?

19 hours ago, Kaminari said:

Has Clair's character been changed at all?

Since she was originally the one who liked Alm but could never date him, and they gave that to Faye, I'm hoping she'll be different personality wise.

As far as Chapter 1 goes,

Spoiler

she does seem to like him a bit, but nothing to indicate "love" at this point, not in my opinion anyways. The conflict of nobility and commoners seems to be a fairly important plot point for Alm's side, something that was never really a point in Gaiden, and Clive and Claire are both totally accepting of the commoners in the Liberation Army. Claire makes a faux pas here and there when dealing with them (primarily Alm), but you can tell she means well. Other nobles don't agree with their ideas though.

Back to the original question, though, Grey and Robin both seem to like her and keep trying to one-up each other on who'll win her affection. In one dungeon conversation, Robin suggests to Alm that Claire seems to like him, but Alm doesn't think anything of it. Robin basically tells Alm that he's a dense idiot, and feels relieved as Gray turns out to be his only rival on the matter.

My question: Has anyone figured out how many supports each unit can have?
Are we back to 5-per unit limit? That would honestly kind of suck for understanding the new personalities and interactions they came up with for all the characters, so I'm keeping most units from advancing any supports they have unlocked so far.

Also, does the calendar system really mean anything gameplay-wise or is it just there as eye candy? Are we running on a timer? I don't recall turn number having any impact on how Gaiden played out, but the game has made no reference to it so far.

I also wonder if there are any story repercussions to (over)using Mila's Gear, but I don't feel up to experimenting with it on my first playthough. I'll just play without it.

Edited by NaokiP

Looking to find out why Palla Catria and Atlas left my party. I grabbed Atlas, got a skirmish map done and then did the map where you acquire the Dark Sword. All 3 left afterwards to go back to their starting locations. 

My guess is that I wasn't doing what each person wanted in a timely fashion, but I didn't think playing 2 other maps would cause it. Just a minor annoyance I would like confirmed if someone has info on it.