"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the rewards from the amiibo dungeons (aside the final ones) fixed? Can more be obtained by redoing the dungeon on the same file? I mostly ask to know if stat-boosting items like Somas can be farmed there even if they appear randomly at low chances.

What's the map theme for chapter 4 onward (if Alm and Celica don't still have separate map themes then, which might be a possibility)? Because I can't find it on Youtube.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What's the map theme for chapter 4 onward (if Alm and Celica don't still have separate map themes then, which might be a possibility)? Because I can't find it on Youtube.

All of the music is here on Serenes.

Alm and Celica do indeed have differing Map themes in Ch 4. Here is Alm's and Celica's. Also here are YouTube versions. A C

For Chapter 5 (Which is just Alm) it uses the same map theme, outside of a few special occasions where there's unique map music.

I used Linkmstr's videos the double check these.

1 hour ago, ZoeTrent said:

Are they all that bulky though?

Valbar's just huge.

Comparison to Knight Lukas, who is about the same as Forsynth iirc.

2xVU4bb.pngIO0uk8q.png

Edited by Emerson

15 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Valbar's just huge.

Comparison to Knight Lukas, who is about the same as Forsynth iirc.

Hide contents

2xVU4bb.pngIO0uk8q.png

Alright cool that answers that. Thanks!

Actually one last thing. I'm guessing this applies to Barons as well?

16 minutes ago, ZoeTrent said:

Alright cool that answers that. Thanks!

Actually one last thing. I'm guessing this applies to Barons as well?

Seems so. Comparison again:

eaqAGdE.pngXgfnQOX.png

I'm lucky they happened to use these two during that one trailer. My normal source both promoted them offscreen and rarely, if ever, used them after promotion.

Edited by Emerson

1 hour ago, Emerson said:

Seems so. Comparison again:

Hide contents

eaqAGdE.pngXgfnQOX.png

I'm lucky they happened to use these two during that one trailer. My normal source both promoted them offscreen and rarely, if ever, used them after promotion.

Oh cool! Yeah that's lucky. Thanks for the thorough help! Gray is gonna make a great Soldier, Knight, and Baron then.

Also wow I really like that snazzy armor with the cape. Much better than the regular knight armor.

Edited by ZoeTrent

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Is how Zeke got to Valentia ever explained?

Not really but 

Spoiler

there is a memory that shows Tatiana first encounter with Zeke at a beach. You can find it in the "Supports and Base Conversation Compendium" Topic.

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Finally got the game on eShop (jesus 12k blocks). So there's no Lunatic? I started on Hard, is it tough?

I've heard that by mid-late game even Normal mode gets pretty tough, so I'd assume so.

Also, Lunatic is in the game, but it's inaccessible, so it might come in through DLC down the line.

I got two question that I think a few players who played the game will might be really shocked to see this, but I did managed to look at the latest trailer for Echoes: Shadows of Valentia that was showing today. But, regarding about the Silque has the Sage class and I wanted to know about the other two:

1. I am trying to update the Name Chart for those Skills in the Arts that was shown in the trailer (I will ask #2 about what's the difference between Arts and previous FE skills), but which skills does it belong for Armorcrush, Encloser (Archer), Archballista, Knightkneeler, and Foudroyant?
  2. What is the difference between Arts (I think I did heard @VincentASMmentioned it as Battle Skills during in the Game Data Leaking back then?) and the Skills that were from previous Fire Emblem games such as Judgral series, Tellius series, and the two previous 3DS titles? Does one of the skills in Echoes allows them to triggered a special attack and effect like in Judgral series, Tellius series, and the two previous 3DS titles.
Edited by King Marth 64

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I got three question that I think a few players who played the game will might be really shocked to see this, but I did managed to look at the latest trailer for Echoes: Shadows of Valentia that was showing today.

1. You can't promote Silque into Cleric to Sage in normal gameplay like in Awakening correct? (I just wondered if this is going to be that reclass thing we are going to be getting in the future with the Villager item or a Seperate Reclass Item simialr to like Second Seals in Awakening and Fates.)
  2. And also, I am trying to update the Name Chart for those Skills in the Arts that was shown in the trailer (I will ask #3 about what's the difference between Arts and previous FE skills), which skills does it belong for Armorcrush, Encloser (Archer), Archballista, Knightkneeler, and Foudroyant?
  3. What is the difference between Arts (I think I did heard @VincentASMmentioned it as Battle Skills during in the Game Data Leaking back then?) and the Skills that were from previous Fire Emblem games such as Judgral series, Tellius series, and the two previous 3DS titles? Does one of the skills in Echoes allows them to triggered a special attack and effect like in Judgral series, Tellius series, and the two previous 3DS titles.

1. Already mentioned in the trailer topic, but it's 99% an error. Don't look too much into it.

2. This may help:

Thunderclap: Doubles attack power but reduces range to 1
Crosswise Cut: Boosts Hit rate
Encloser: Prevents enemy movement for 1 turn
Archballista: Boosts attack range by 2
Knightkneeler: Deals more damage to mounted enemies
Foudroyant: Sets attack range to 2~3
Hit and Run: Boosts Avoid
Armorcrush: Deals more damage to armored enemies

You also can tell by looking at the equipped weapons.

3. It's just a fancy name for skills. The only difference is that Arts must be triggered via the Arts command and some consume HP to use. Unlike previous skills, Arts don't work on the enemy phase unless you choose a defensive Arts (but I haven't used one yet).

9 minutes ago, Emerson said:

I've heard that by mid-late game even Normal mode gets pretty tough, so I'd assume so.

Also, Lunatic is in the game, but it's inaccessible, so it might come in through DLC down the line.

Welp, time to die then lol.

Without referencing spoilers, how is the quality and strength of Echoes's narrative? If it's better than the disasters that were Awaking and Fates, I can rest easy. 

21 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Thunderclap: Doubles attack power but reduces range to 1

Crosswise Cut: Boosts Hit rate
Encloser: Prevents enemy movement for 1 turn
Archballista: Boosts attack range by 2
Knightkneeler: Deals more damage to mounted enemies
Foudroyant: Sets attack range to 2~3
Hit and Run: Boosts Avoid
Armorcrush: Deals more damage to armored enemies

You also can tell by looking at the equipped weapons.

Alright thanks and also, I'm trying to look at the Arts/Skills page to see the description, is the Encloser, Archbasllista, and Knightkneeler Arts Skill requires using Longbow, Saunion, and Romfire correct or is one of them required by a different weapon(s). I couldn't find that Foudroyant Arts Skill that I was looking for in the page that saids Range 2~3?

Edited by King Marth 64

8 minutes ago, Leif said:

Without referencing spoilers, how is the quality and strength of Echoes's narrative? If it's better than the disasters that were Awaking and Fates, I can rest easy. 

It's a tough call. I want to say it's a lot more focused, whereas Fates was all over the place.

I thought Awakening was par for the course, although really lacking in world-building. Echoes has a decent amount of world-building, since it's based on a Kaga era game.

7 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Alright thanks and also, I'm trying to look at the Arts/Skills page to see the description, is the Encloser, Archbasllista, and Knightkneeler Arts Skill requires using Longbow, Saunion, and Romfire correct or is one of them required by a different weapon(s). I couldn't find that Foudroyant Arts Skill that I was looking for in the page that saids Range 2~3?

Armorcrush is the Steel Lance/Romfire, yeah. Foudroyant is Distant Bolt; you can see Alm with the Lightning Sword using it.

Hit and Run I changed to Evasive Blow. I felt like "Hit and Run" had a bad connection to the crime of the same name. I guess Nintendo of America thought it was OK to use.

Do I need to talk to Sonia/Dean to recruit either of them?

Also, where the heck are the whitewing sisters? They joined as Npcs for one battle then... Celica left. They still haven't joined my team yet, and I'm assaulting Geese's fortress.

(Also Geese sounds like a reference to SNK's famous mob boss.)

Edit: Okay, so I couldn't talk to Dean....so I tried killing him with Celica to maybe trigger a flag or something... Well, he just... Died.

Don't tell me I gotta keep him (with his OP sword except against Balbo) alive and defeat everyone else?!

Edited by s07195

1 hour ago, s07195 said:

Edit: Okay, so I couldn't talk to Dean....so I tried killing him with Celica to maybe trigger a flag or something... Well, he just... Died.

Don't tell me I gotta keep him (with his OP sword except against Balbo) alive and defeat everyone else?!

I haven't finished Gaiden and am waiting for the NA release for SoV, but I'm pretty sure the answer involves killing Sonia instead of Dean.

17 minutes ago, s07195 said:

Do I need to talk to Sonia/Dean to recruit either of them?

Also, where the heck are the whitewing sisters? They joined as Npcs for one battle then... Celica left. They still haven't joined my team yet, and I'm assaulting Geese's fortress.

(Also Geese sounds like a reference to SNK's famous mob boss.)

You have to kill the one you don't want to recruit. So if you kill Sonia, you'll get Deen after defeating Grieth (you have to talk to him in Grieth's Fortress) and viceversa.