"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me, is it possible to avoid fighting mobs in dungeons? I'm attempting to avoid as much grinding as I can, but I also want to explore the dungeons and collect stuff from them. However, since enemies notice you dashing/slashing, it seemsĀ impossible to do other than evacuating the dungeon when they draw near, but it's a pain to do so each time.

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Tell me, is it possible to avoid fighting mobs in dungeons? I'm attempting to avoid as much grinding as I can, but I also want to explore the dungeons and collect stuff from them. However, since enemies notice you dashing/slashing, it seemsĀ impossible to do other than evacuating the dungeon when they draw near, but it's a pain to do so each time.

Yes it's possible. If you're trying to go past them, just walk past them, don't run. When they're not looking, obviously.

As for slashing, well... You'll get the hang of it.

EDIT: Also, there are some unavoidable encounters in dungeons too, they're easily noticeable in that they don't chase you when they see you and usually blocking a path. They're far and few between though.

Edited by Soledai

1 minute ago, Soledai said:

Yes it's possible. If you're trying to go past them, just walk past them, don't run. When they're not looking, obviously.

As for slashing, well... You'll get the hang of it.

Ah, thanks for the heads up man. I'll give it a shot.

2 hours ago, Seishin said:

So I can't seem to find the villager's fork dlc. Is it available in the states or no?Ā 

No, the first one will not be available until the 25th of May.

43 minutes ago, Ronman5 said:

I'm curious for skills, are they only on the unit with a weapon equipped, or can you keep the skills without that specific weapon equipped?Ā 

You must have the specific weapon/shield/ring that has the skill in order to use it. If you don't, you can;t use the skill.

A couple questions

Are there any differences between Normal and Hard mode apart from higher enemy stats?

Do villagers drop back to level 1 when you promote them, or keep their current level?

Question regarding early class changes. Since you find a mila statue to class change literally in the beginning, is it wise to class change the kiddos immediately? Or lv they're village lvs alittle first?

To go with my above questions, is it a good idea to promote as early as possible, or promote early?Ā  Are we missing levels if we promote early?

I managed to get the Limited Edition from GameStop today and also, I didn't bought the Season Pass yet. Are the Mila's Bounties Content not included in the Season Pass correct (I do see it mentioned the 5 Series, but not the Mila's Bounties) since I do know those Mila's Bounties Content are actual free DLC content and it won't hurt the download process if I got the entire Mila's Bounties contents in the SD card already, then bought the season pass and download the entire content correct?

Edited by King Marth 64

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

A couple questions

Are there any differences between Normal and Hard mode apart from higher enemy stats?

Do villagers drop back to level 1 when you promote them, or keep their current level?

I can't say for certain the differences in difficulty, as I've only been playing on Hard. But yes, promoted units get dropped back to 1 and presumably can go as high as 20 once again.

As for your followup question, yes you miss out on levels, but with three tiers of classes plus time as a villager, that's already tons of room to grow. Stat caps are tied to character and not class, so there's no worries about hitting a cap because you're still un promoted. It's also worth noting that the base stats of classes are super low. A level 3 villager may gain no stats from promoting to an archer or cleric for instance. On the other hand getting that diverse team of characters really opens up potential for strategy, since there's nothing notable about villagers, and they'll all compete for the same sword class of weapon. Also, it seems exp gains for level 1 villagers seem to matchĀ the exp gains of a level 1 version of their promotions, so staying villager may make it take too long to level up later.Ā 

21 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I guess you can get ~42 items per run and the shards have 0.73% to 1.58% rate, so if you got 100s of items, there's a good chance you'll have a few at least.

Found all of them right now! It didn't take too long, just half an hour to find the two missing ones. Maybe you already know, but I found the Aquarium shard as an enemy drop. Don't know whatĀ the actual chances are though.

I'll have to do this all over again for Celica's route I'm afraid though...

EDIT: Where can I forge a Starsphere? XD

Edited by Pikappa93

Now that I've finally reached the final boss and I'm fighting him right now, I've got a question:

Ā 

Just what's Duma's max HP? I heard it's somewhere above 200. Also,

Ā 

he actually moves after a while! He has only 3 move, but I think I'm going to run out of space if I simply try to escape. Maybe I should just leave Alm to engage him while healers use Physic from outside the rangeā€¦

Update - never mind. I still don't have the answer to my question, but

I have a high-defence, high-attack Alm and Faye pair, and I simply throw them to Duma. I was lucky enough to have them crit twice, thus ending the game.

Edited by nocturnal YL

So I just started chapter 2, playingĀ Normal/Classic, and I've noticed something.

The game feels really easy, nothing frustrating but it surprised me as I never felt in danger so far. It even feels easier than Awakening.

So here's my question : how does the difficulty evolve later on ?

Edit : Nevermind, I should have searched the topic before asking. For anyone wondering the same thing as me :Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Marquess Odin

1 hour ago, Pikappa93 said:

Found all of them right now! It didn't take too long, just half an hour to find the two missing ones. Maybe you already know, but I found the Aquarium shard as an enemy drop. Don't know whatĀ the actual chances are though.

I'll have to do this all over again for Celica's route I'm afraid though...

EDIT: Where can I forge a Starsphere? XD

Oh right, of course, you get the shards from enemies too. I should probably buy the DLC to see how it works.

You need the Inner Sanctum.

22 minutes ago, spiderbrush said:

So I've read that the characters have food preferences, like some might like sweet food. Is there any way to tell what kind of food the characters like in-game without experimenting?

No, that's what guides are for XD

You can tell by their reactions though.

22 hours ago, Nitro said:

Yes, it's completely possible. Since i don't use a C stick, I've been using the attack button to turn quickly and make fast get-aways when the running command isn't flexible enough for the task at hand.

On promoting:

Other than escaping form the crappy villager class as soon as possible, should I promote my units as soon as possible when in other classes, like lancer or cavalier at level 7, like the game seemingly push you toward, or should I wait like any other FE to level 20, then again level 20 for the final class promote? (for those who have 3 tiers)

Also, are mages OP early game or always? Their damage output, considering the low/nonexistent RES of enemy units, and the measly HP cost of spells makes them awesome. I'm actually regretting having my villagers promote to different classes, I should have made them all mages and not just Kliff, haha.

23 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Also, are mages OP early game or always? Their damage output, considering the low/nonexistent RES of enemy units, and the measly HP cost of spells makes them awesome. I'm actually regretting having my villagers promote to different classes, I should have made them all mages and not just Kliff, haha.

Tobin and Gray have pretty low spell lists compared to Kliff,Ā and while Tobin can pass as one with his early access Excalibur, the best spell in the game (Although he doesn't have much else going for him), Gray both desperately needs the Speed from Merc (whichĀ Mage doesn't provide), but he's also fairly frail, so using his already limited HP would cause him to die somewhat easily. His best Spell, Arrow/Sagittae, takes 8 HP from him, and weighs him down a lot too. Aside from that, he only gets Fire and Thunder, and while they're not bad, other Mages get much better spells and easily outclass him.

Faye is great as a Mage from my experience, although I'd say Cleric is better due to her unique magic in the Again/AnewĀ spell, and since your only other Cleric besides Silque isn't until Chapter 4.

Mages will taper off near the end as more enemy magic users come into play, and Archers ending up being better ranged options for most enemies, although they're still useful nonetheless.

Edited by Emerson