"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

8 minutes ago, Jave said:

Chapter 3 Celica Route:

Hide contents

Is it possible to recruit both Deen and Sonya or is it one or the other like in the original FE2?

It's still one or the other.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Jave said:

Chapter 3 Celica Route:

Reveal hidden contents

Is it possible to recruit both Deen and Sonya or is it one or the other like in the original FE2?

It's one or the other

The amiibo page on serenes' main site says that you get gifts from the amiibo dungeons, separate from the item drops. Do you get these upon completing the dungeon? The mila bow would be pretty handy as an early bow but if you need to be in like later act 3 to get it thats kind of lame.

14 minutes ago, r_n said:

The amiibo page on serenes' main site says that you get gifts from the amiibo dungeons, separate from the item drops. Do you get these upon completing the dungeon? The mila bow would be pretty handy as an early bow but if you need to be in like later act 3 to get it thats kind of lame.

You get the weapons from pots, crates, and chests within the dungeon, as well as enemy drops I believe.

You get anything you pick up.

14 minutes ago, Emerson said:

You get the weapons from pots, crates, and chests within the dungeon, as well as enemy drops I believe.

You get anything you pick up.

what pots

Celica's dungeon is 5 circular platforms with nothing on them but an enemy battle

17 minutes ago, r_n said:

what pots

Celica's dungeon is 5 circular platforms with nothing on them but an enemy battle

oh wait amiibo dungeon

i read it as the weapon dlc for some reason

they are from beating the last boss of the dungeon yes

I think you get both? could be wrong

Although the page does say this

"If your party’s Power rating is too low, you will be unable to proceed."

So you might not be able to get those final rewards until later in the game

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

So, does Leon have a thing for Valbo?

yes

Edited by Emerson

14 minutes ago, Emerson said:

yes

Well, I guess that chin is irresistible.

New head canon: Leon hired Barth to kill Valbo's family, so he could have him all to himself.

18 minutes ago, Emerson said:

oh wait amiibo dungeon

i read it as the weapon dlc for some reason

they are from beating the last boss of the dungeon yes

I think you get both? could be wrong

Although the page does say this

"If your party’s Power rating is too low, you will be unable to proceed."

So you might not be able to get those final rewards until later in the game

yes

Oh, bummer. Yeah there's a 4th area in here I can't access. Shame, I wanted that bow for Leon.

22 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

In the Japanese version, he says "I'm obliged to you" instead. Probably a localization error.

In the Spanish version, he says "You helped me when I needed it, I owe you that and a lot more".

It seems the Spanish script is more accurate to the Japanese original. Since the VAs are still in English, it's easy to notice lots of differences between the English and Spanish versions.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nooooope. Each route in Fates only got three too, so I guess it technically hasn't changed.

I suppose, but since it let you put whatever route in any of those 9, it felt like a bit larger degree of freedom.  I hate deleting my old save files when I want to play a new playthrough. 

1 hour ago, DracoMaster said:

how does the dread fighter loop work?

At Dread Fighter level 10, the unit can "promote" into Villager at a Mila Shrine, which means they can go Merc -> Myrm -> Dread Fighter -> Villager again for stat grinding.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

At Dread Fighter level 10, the unit can "promote" into Villager at a Mila Shrine, which means they can go Merc -> Myrm -> Dread Fighter -> Villager again for stat grinding.

Thanks for the answer, it's a little weird that only mercs can do it.

One question I have.. that NA cant answer yet.. For female Mages/Clerics, with the villager fork if you reclass them to the other job do they keep both jobs learn spell sets, or only the job they just changed to 

(I.e could Faye start as a Cleric, go to saint then reclass back into a mate and still have Nosferatu and stuff)

2 hours ago, Ronman5 said:

One question I have.. that NA cant answer yet.. For female Mages/Clerics, with the villager fork if you reclass them to the other job do they keep both jobs learn spell sets, or only the job they just changed to 

(I.e could Faye start as a Cleric, go to saint then reclass back into a mate and still have Nosferatu and stuff)

Hmm, it's a tricky question.

I tried something similar with Silque, but I don't really understand what happened.

They don't have all of their old spells, but they have more spells than they have at Level 1. Hope that's somewhat helpful.

Question about spell lists: So the site lists certain characters as learning spells once they reach a certain level, but sometimes the level for the spell is higher than the level by which they can promote, such as Silque learning invoke at level 18 when she can promote at level 12. If I promote the characters before they learn those spells, will they automatically learn them once they are promoted, learn them as they level up in the promoted class, or are those spells now unobtainable?

Also, where am I supposed to find 5 steel lances for that one quest? Are there enemies that will drop it somewhere?

34 minutes ago, Calico said:

Question about spell lists: So the site lists certain characters as learning spells once they reach a certain level, but sometimes the level for the spell is higher than the level by which they can promote, such as Silque learning invoke at level 18 when she can promote at level 12. If I promote the characters before they learn those spells, will they automatically learn them once they are promoted, learn them as they level up in the promoted class, or are those spells now unobtainable?

Spells learned are dependent on level only. So Silque learns Invoke at Lv.18 regardless if she's a Cleric or a Saint.

If you reclass though, then she won't learn Invoke.

Just got the game today! Are there any missable things I need to look out for?

Edit* (Super early spoilers) I've class changed Grey and the other guy. Went back and Got Faye ect. but I can't class change them. What's the reason for that?

Edited by Chelone

7 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, it's a tricky question.

I tried something similar with Silque, but I don't really understand what happened.

They don't have all of their old spells, but they have more spells than they have at Level 1. Hope that's somewhat helpful.

Hrmm.. I suppose it slightly answers my question.. but they have more spells at level one? Was it a mix of Mage/Cleric spells or just having more Mage spells at a earlier level? I'm just asking before I waste a fork on turning a cleric to a mage (or Sonya to a cleric? She's gotten like 6 speed stat boosts in a row from the levels.. and she's only 30% speed.. and is equal speed wise to Mae)

After finishing the Ryon Shield quest, I think I saw a little pop up saying something regarding Barons and Dread Fighters. I skipped it on accident because I wasn't expecting it.

Does anyone know what that was?

Also, where am I supposed to find 5 steel lances for that one quest? Are there enemies that will drop it somewhere?

You can turn Iron Lances into Steel Lances be forging, and you can transfer Steel Lances to Celica's convoy from Alm's.

I'd say probably wait to do that sidequest until you don't need the Steel Lances anymore, since they're very useful on Alm's side thanks to the Armorbreaker skill.

I think the quest is unavailable after beating the second to last map on Alm's side of Chapter 4, since the wiki says the quest giver is only there before beating that map. He could just move there though, I'm not sure.

Edited by Emerson