"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

9 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Is there any point to keeping the Devil Axe around or can I sell if off without worry?

Sell it or gleefully give it to the Lumberjack in the Mountain Village.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Sell it or gleefully give it to the Lumberjack in the Mountain Village.

Nah, I already gave him the normal axe. So it's  just vendor trash, then.

14 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I didn't even know you could get a normal axe xD

My lumberjack got the devil axe 'cos it's the only one I had!

You can get a Splitting Axe from Mycen's House or the Desert Stronghold, I believe.

You can also get tons from the Astral Temple.

You never get the "default" axe though (just like all other defaults).

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

You can get a Splitting Axe from Mycen's House or the Desert Stronghold, I believe.

You can also get tons from the Astral Temple.

You never get the "default" axe though (just like all other defaults).

Oh right. I thought I'd examined everything in those areas (unless you have to go back to them), but I must've missed them ^.^''

I'm currently in Act 3, and I decided to Celica's route first and wait to work with Alm. As I was finishing Celica's side, enemy reinforcements appeared on Alm's side. They are stronger than what I want to fight atm, and are in my way, so is there any way to remove them or do they leave after time?

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

I got the Gossamer Hair from the Fear Shrine, but have no clue what it is for. Anyone know what I can do with it? I thought it was a stat booster at first.

Go to the Mila Statue. There are two paths. The left one leads to the Lion Springs. The right one leads to a bigger part of the dungeon. You need the Gossamer Hair to actually enter it.

When you do, you'll see two doors: Door of the Living and Door of the Dead. The former can lead to a Blessed Shield, Silver Shield, and Speed Ring. The latter leads to a revival spring.

Note: you can only get either the Silver Shield or the Blessed Shield. Not both.

33 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

I'm currently in Act 3, and I decided to Celica's route first and wait to work with Alm. As I was finishing Celica's side, enemy reinforcements appeared on Alm's side. They are stronger than what I want to fight atm, and are in my way, so is there any way to remove them or do they leave after time?

Oops! Hmm, if they're in the way, I don't think they will move. Can you go backwards at all? I can't imagine where you might be, except the Forest Village maybe?

Anyway, you could try brute-forcing it. Just take advantage of terrain etc and survive till Turn 3, then do as much damage as you can and pick Retreat before the turn ends. You can go enter the map again against fewer foes, which should make it easier.

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I got the Gossamer Hair from the Fear Shrine, but have no clue what it is for. Anyone know what I can do with it? I thought it was a stat booster at first.

It's required for a quest in Zofia Harbor. You can send it over via a merchant or wait till finishing the game.

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Oops! Hmm, if they're in the way, I don't think they will move. Can you go backwards at all? I can't imagine where you might be, except the Forest Village maybe?

Anyway, you could try brute-forcing it. Just take advantage of terrain etc and survive till Turn 3, then do as much damage as you can and pick Retreat before the turn ends. You can go enter the map again against fewer foes, which should make it easier.

I can try, but here is my situation.

Spoiler

IMG_1443_opt.jpg.846b36da961f527758f710b738895aa6.jpg

The last fight in Act 1 for Zofia castle has both Slayde and Desaix as bosses, but you can only takr out one of them, while the other retreats. If Desaix retreats is it possible to ever get a nother chance at obtainingthe Dracoshield?

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

The last fight in Act 1 for Zofia castle has both Slayde and Desaix as bosses, but you can only takr out one of them, while the other retreats. If Desaix retreats is it possible to ever get a nother chance at obtainingthe Dracoshield?

He doesn't have it during the 2nd time, but you can get 2 Dracoshields "easily" by playing the game.

One is from a sub-quest that requires 4 Dragon Scales and you can find exactly 4 if you search around.

Another is from...

the postgame dungeon in a chest.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Go to the Mila Statue. There are two paths. The left one leads to the Lion Springs. The right one leads to a bigger part of the dungeon. You need the Gossamer Hair to actually enter it.

When you do, you'll see two doors: Door of the Living and Door of the Dead. The former can lead to a Blessed Shield, Silver Shield, and Speed Ring. The latter leads to a revival spring.

Note: you can only get either the Silver Shield or the Blessed Shield. Not both.

Yeah I did the all of that, I thought Duma's Lance was the key for that, not the hair though. Good to know.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

It's required for a quest in Zofia Harbor. You can send it over via a merchant or wait till finishing the game.

Thanks I was wondering what was needed for that quest. How many times does the merchant show up? He showed up once on celica's and once on Alm's already.

34 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah I did the all of that, I thought Duma's Lance was the key for that, not the hair though. Good to know.

Thanks I was wondering what was needed for that quest. How many times does the merchant show up? He showed up once on celica's and once on Alm's already.

There's 1 in the Mountain Village and Forest Village, then 3 each in Act 4.

After that, it doesn't really matter...

I saw Slayde reappeared at in the ending of the new added final map for Act 2 that takes place at Zofia Gate that was added in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I heard they added him back at Act 4 since he's only fought in Act 1 at the final map in the original game as a one-shot boss, what map does Slayde can be return fighting in a third time in Act 4 and is he fought in Celica's route this time in Act 4 since he did retreated after a defeat in the battle at Act 1 instead of getting killed by Alm's Army in the original game?

Second question that I need to ask and I don't know if this could be spoilerish:

Spoiler

I did saw the cutscene where Celica (while she is brainwashed by the Duma Faithful) is fighting Alm, does she fight as a boss in the new map for Act 5 or is it just only appeared in the cutscene?

Edited by King Marth 64

I plan on fooling around with the over classes for the postgame. Can I, say, promote Silque to the Cleric's over class as a Saint?

1 minute ago, Emeraldfox said:

I plan on fooling around with the over classes for the postgame. Can I, say, promote Silque to the Cleric's over class as a Saint?

You have to be fully promoted in a class line AND Level 20 in said class. It's a long grind, considering the drop-off of EXP past Lv 10.

5 minutes ago, Emerson said:

You have to be fully promoted in a class line AND Level 20 in said class. It's a long grind, considering the drop-off of EXP past Lv 10.

This is good news. Thanks.

10 hours ago, VincentASM said:

He doesn't have it during the 2nd time, but you can get 2 Dracoshields "easily" by playing the game.

One is from a sub-quest that requires 4 Dragon Scales and you can find exactly 4 if you search around.

Another is from...

Reveal hidden contents

the postgame dungeon in a chest.

Also you get them from forging a Blessed Shield, Two can be obtained normally by Picking the Blessed shield over the Silver shield in Fear mountain shrine (you can only get one of the two items) or by forging a rusted shield..

Edited by Ronman5

Odd question, but am a bit curious. 

From what I understand, stat caps are on characters and not classes like previous Fire Emblem games. So you could theoretically have a high speed on a baron or a high defense on a mage through grinding if you wanted. I plan on utilizing the Villager's Fork to grind for Chapter 6 by using the dread fighter loop, and my question is considering stats have a cap based on characters. If I decided to promote a character that I got to a point I am comfortable with to something like say, a soldier for example, and leave him there not promoting to Armor Knight or Baron, would I at all be hurting this character too much? 

7 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Odd question, but am a bit curious. 

From what I understand, stat caps are on characters and not classes like previous Fire Emblem games. So you could theoretically have a high speed on a baron or a high defense on a mage through grinding if you wanted. I plan on utilizing the Villager's Fork to grind for Chapter 6 by using the dread fighter loop, and my question is considering stats have a cap based on characters. If I decided to promote a character that I got to a point I am comfortable with to something like say, a soldier for example, and leave him there not promoting to Armor Knight or Baron, would I at all be hurting this character too much? 

You'd only be missing out on Movement and passive skills depending on the class.

For example, while they'd have the same stats, a Merc would lack the Dread Fighters' +5 Res and 1/2 Damage from BMagic, as well as having 3 less Movement.

Magic users would also be back to their base spells.

TLDR: Magic users would suffer immensely, but physical units mostly just miss out on Movement.

Edited by Emerson

4 minutes ago, Emerson said:

You'd only be missing out on Movement and passive skills depending on the class.

For example, while they'd have the same stats, a Merc would lack the Dread Fighters' +5 Res and 1/2 Damage from BMagic, as well as having 3 less Movement.

Magic users would also be back to their base spells.

TLDR: Magic users would suffer immensely, but physical units mostly just miss out on Movement.

Ok, was just curious. I was only looking at this on characters like Forsyth who I planned on keeping in the Soldier line anyway. Good to know that spell casters don't retain their spells upon being in one of those classes though, thanks.