"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

Ok, was just curious. I was only looking at this on characters like Forsyth who I planned on keeping in the Soldier line anyway. Good to know that spell casters don't retain their spells upon being in one of those classes though, thanks.

Baron's have a heavy armor passive. lets them take half damage from bows as well

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I heard that the merchants that allow you to trade items between Alm's party and Celica's party had limited uses in Gaiden.  Is it still true here?

Also is your Renown and badges connected to a single game file or your whole game?

EDIT: Oh, and one more:

Spoiler

After Alm's and Celica's parties become one, are you able to choose between the two on who leads the party?  Or does one of them (I'm guessing Alm) takes all the leadership?

Edited by Fastesthe1

1 hour ago, Fastesthe1 said:

So I heard that the merchants that allow you to trade items between Alm's party and Celica's party had limited uses in Gaiden.  Is it still true here?

Also is your Renown and badges connected to a single game file or your whole game?

EDIT: Oh, and one more:

Hide contents

After Alm's and Celica's parties become one, are you able to choose between the two on who leads the party?  Or does one of them (I'm guessing Alm) takes all the leadership?

Yeah, you get 1 each in Act 3 and then 3 each in Act 4.

Renown is on a game to game basis (at least when I tried), while Medals are shared by all save files.

You can choose.

11 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, you get 1 each in Act 3 and then 3 each in Act 4.

Renown is on a game to game basis (at least when I tried), while Medals are shared by all save files.

You can choose.

Oh bummer on the first one.  There was some side quests that I needed items for that the other party happened to have.  But then again I'm only in the middle of Act 3, so maybe I can just find the items or just wait until later.

And yes!  Part of me was scared I would be locked out as playing as Celica unless I started a new game.  Thanks!  :D

Probably answered before, but what is at the end of Thabes Labyrinth? Also, for those who've gotten there, is the Dragon on the 9th floor a required fight? In my most recent run-though of the place, that's what I lost to and you can imagine I was really upset to have gotten so close to the end of the dungeon only to lose on the second to last floor.

I'm sure someone has asked this before, but there's too much content on this forum/thread for me to want to hunt it down so I'll just ask anyway.

Is there any reason to not promote villagers asap? Like they have better growth rates as villagers or something? Since otherwise the boost in stats to get to class bases seems to suggest you should promote them immediately.

2 hours ago, S.C. Amigo said:

Is the Vestal class actually in the game? I haven't seen it, and the one character we thought it was for is titled a Witch when you fight her.

It is. It's a "rare enemy".

1 hour ago, Dolce said:

Probably answered before, but what is at the end of Thabes Labyrinth? Also, for those who've gotten there, is the Dragon on the 9th floor a required fight? In my most recent run-though of the place, that's what I lost to and you can imagine I was really upset to have gotten so close to the end of the dungeon only to lose on the second to last floor.

A boss, the final memory prism and the Demon Ring.

No, it's just guarding the springs.

40 minutes ago, alatartheblue42 said:

I'm sure someone has asked this before, but there's too much content on this forum/thread for me to want to hunt it down so I'll just ask anyway.

Is there any reason to not promote villagers asap? Like they have better growth rates as villagers or something? Since otherwise the boost in stats to get to class bases seems to suggest you should promote them immediately.

During the story asap.

You can delay during post game and after you DL the free Villager's Forks.

2 minutes ago, Untold Protagonist said:

How viable is cavalier!Faye on Celica's route? I want to try and recruit her with Celica on my second playthrough, and I don't want to make her a cleric again.

Non-flying Mov generally doesn't help much on Celica side a lot of times. You only really get to use Faye in Chapter 3 and 4, and that's when they throw deserts and swamps at you.

Is there any way to completely avoid skirmishes?  I'm honestly sick of doing these over and over again and the "Retreat" command doesn't work.  I'm honestly baffled that they would force these onto you, it's really hurting the game for me.

Is it possible to win the final map with an army that's level 5-10 on their final classes? Because I'm having a very hard time seeing how I can do it.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Is it possible to win the final map with an army that's level 5-10 on their final classes? Because I'm having a very hard time seeing how I can do it.

My army was generally in that level range when I beat the game on Hard Classic. As long as a few key units are strong (Alm, Palla, Catria, Mathilda), it's pretty doable. Otherwise, you should still be able to win imo, it's just more tedious.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My army was generally in that level range when I beat the game on Hard Classic. As long as a few key units are strong (Alm, Palla, Catria, Mathilda), it's pretty doable. Otherwise, you should still be able to win imo, it's just more tedious.

Yeah... I'm on Normal/Classic and got my ass whooped twice. 

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If the chapter boss is a problem, Invoke is your friend. Abuse the overpowered Saints.

Haven't got past Jedah. He just summons too many Mogalls and Silque's Dread Fighters just get in the way.
EDIT: And the blasted witches keep coming.

Edited by The DanMan

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Haven't got past Jedah. He just summons too many Mogalls and Silque's Dread Fighters just get in the way.

Ah. The Mogalls can get overwhelming sometimes. It's a bit of RNG, honestly. Invoke won't help you with those guys, but you'll love it for the boss itself.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ah. The Mogalls can get overwhelming sometimes. It's a bit of RNG, honestly. Invoke won't help you with those guys, but you'll love it for the boss itself.

Honestly, Duma himself doesn't seem tough (I'm well aware of Evoke cheesing). It's the fact that there's all the Mogalls and Witches that just keep coming that make the map difficult.

How in hell's name can you get 5 steel lances for Alessio? I finally found a fifth lance...in Rigel Castle, by which point it's impossible to get it to him. What am I missing here?

6 minutes ago, Sock said:

How in hell's name can you get 5 steel lances for Alessio? I finally found a fifth lance...in Rigel Castle, by which point it's impossible to get it to him. What am I missing here?

You can't do it anymore. The Merchants were the only way. You could have also have forged Iron Lances into Steel Lances before losing access to Celica, but you'd stiil need to send some over.

You need to give him 5 Steel Lances to finish the quest, but you can still give him the ones you have for Silver Marks like the Coral Fragment quest.

You can still do it in the aftergame though.

How do Mila's Statues function exactly ? Can I reclass my characters indefinitely at any statue or are there specific statues to which I need to get my characters at or do they have a set amount of available promotions...?

Also, are there characters that have specific requirements when it comes to them being recruited ? And if so, is it clearly explained in the game ? I dislike realizing I missed a certain character 3 chapters later... D: