"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Nope. Poison and Megaquake (I know it's called something else) leave you at one HP. Like Fates, only direct combat can kill a unit.

Ah thank you, I thought as much, but I didn't want to risk it. This knowlegde makes the guys with the venom weapons in the lower Thabes Labyrinth floors a lot less scary.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Where is the dang Duma carving and what is the Handmade Doll for?

Randomly appears on a Revenant in the Mountain Graveyard. Handmade Doll can be given to the girl you save from the Sylvan Shrine as one of the cute items she wants.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Anyone know if the Inner Sanctum/Temple of the Stars dungeons can drop the special weapons like Luna, Astra, Gradvius, Parthia, etc?

My brother found the Luna bow there, so yes for that set of special weapons. No clue about the regalia though.

Edited by Konnor97

There's this quest in Act 3 about defeating "a beast" in Deliverance Hidehout.

The quest made it sound like one would spawn, but I'm not finding it. Serenes specifies a "specter", but I have no idea what that is supposed to be. Is it talking about Titans? Do I need to spawn a rare titan?!

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

There's this quest in Act 3 about defeating "a beast" in Deliverance Hidehout.

The quest made it sound like one would spawn, but I'm not finding it. Serenes specifies a "specter", but I have no idea what that is supposed to be. Is it talking about Titans? Do I need to spawn a rare titan?!

It's a fiend in the large chamber at the left side of the hideout, the big room with a chest inside blocked by a breakable wall.

So it wasn't really a question but something I found interesting. I haven't confirmed this myself but according to a GameFAQs user there is specific dialogue for if Valbar dies during the Chapter 2 map you first see him in. It's actually difficult to get him to die, at least compared to Leon.

For Kamui:
"I can’t believe that damn fool Valbar is dead. What happens now? Not to be crass, but we had a contract, and now there’s no way to collect.. …Say, any chance you lot want to hire me on?"

And Leon:
"*sob* Valbar… How could you go and leave me all alone like this? How do I go on without you? This is on your heads! All of you! And I’m coming with you to make sure he didn’t die in vain."

He also gets special dialogue if you deny him:
"Selfish dastards! Try thinking of someone else for once! Enough. Just go. …GO already!"

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204443-fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia/75390569

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

It's a fiend in the large chamber at the left side of the hideout, the big room with a chest inside blocked by a breakable wall.

Bah, literally the one place I didn't look. The funny thing is as soon as i went back in, i found a titan too.

Oh right since I'm in Act 4 now. Spoilers for its late game

A while back, before echoes was even announced, i read a gaiden LP. I remember that at the end of this chapter, Celica gets trapped in Duma's Tower as Alm is forced to fight a thousand necrodragons before the plot moves on. But I also remember hearing that there's a way to avoid most of the necrodragons by proceeding through the story enough on one side or the other.

Does anyone have specifics?

On 5/25/2017 at 11:06 PM, Sock said:

How in hell's name can you get 5 steel lances for Alessio? I finally found a fifth lance...in Rigel Castle, by which point it's impossible to get it to him. What am I missing here?

It's possible with the DLC.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:29 PM, ExaltedViolinist said:

Also, are there characters that have specific requirements when it comes to them being recruited ? And if so, is it clearly explained in the game ? I dislike realizing I missed a certain character 3 chapters later... D:

Don't kill Delthea, but they tell you that in the game. Palla & Catria were already mentioned, so were Deke & Tatiana.

With respect to Deen and Sonya, you can only recruit one. There will be a point on Celica's route, when you're heading to take on Grieth, where Deen will be guarding the north path, and Sonia the south. The game lets you know ahead of time. You should decide which one you want beforehand, and then go fight the other. In other words, if you want to recruit Sonya, you'd go fight Deen. I recommend Sonya, because Celica's team already has enough mercs, but obviously choose which one you want.

Nomah is easy to miss. On Celica's route, at the start of Ch. 4 (so after the sluice gate has been opened), you have to go back into the sluice gate. Now the that water is lower, you can go deeper inside, allowing you to find Nomah who should be benched as soon as you get him.

16 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

Does anyone know a quick strategy to abuse the Lords of the Grave DLC?

You can block off the top part of the map by putting characters in front of the cracks on the right and left sides of the map. The terrors can't open the doors, and they can't attack from a distance. This means that you don't have to worry about what the enemy is doing on its turn, and you won't be overrun. You can have your distance hitters pick them off from across the pit if you want, while having your others focus on the ones that spawn on the right and left sides. You can also block off the spawn points, which is useful if you only want to focus on one character.

If you don't want six characters dedicated to blocking the cracks, you can do this. Each time a character passes upwards over the cracks, a pillar will raise. The pillars don't raise when crossing downwards, so you can have two characters cross the cracks, which leaves one opening. They can come back down through the opening to safety, and then only one character needs to be sitting in front of the cracks. (Edit: Make sure you don't send someone over a third time, because then a third pillar will rise up, leaving them trapped on the other side! They'd have to come back down through the doors.)

In any case, blocking off the cracks makes farming the map safe, easy, and quick. That's how I advise doing it, as the monsters get very strong after a point.

41 minutes ago, maninbluejumpsuit said:

Does weapon might add on to damage/healing of spells for priestesses?

No.

Edited by Astellius

Anyone got a recommended character to grind to collect those two Dracoshields that Jedah and Desaix are waving in front of your faces for all of six turns before skedaddling? Don't expect anything for Jedah because dang that divine protection garbage plus his crazy damage dealing BS, but has anyone figured out who the key to beating up Desaix Round 1 is? I WANT THAT DRACOSHIELDcough ahem.

Also, speaking of Dracoshields, someone wanna remind me where I can get Dragon Scales? Too lazy to just look it up.

Edited by SoulWeaver

16 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Anyone got a recommended character to grind to collect those two Dracoshields that Jedah and Desaix are waving in front of your faces for all of six turns before skedaddling? Don't expect anything for Jedah because dang that divine protection garbage plus his crazy damage dealing BS, but has anyone figured out who the key to beating up Desaix Round 1 is? I WANT THAT DRACOSHIELDcough ahem.

Also, speaking of Dracoshields, someone wanna remind me where I can get Dragon Scales? Too lazy to just look it up.

I actually managed to get Jedah's dracoshield by giving Mae a mage ring and having her chip Jedah safely with Aura, after attacking him with 3 other units (Leon and 2 dread fighters). I ended up killing him faster than expected due to a crit, but even without it he would have died before escaping.

5 hours ago, Astellius said:

You can block off the top part of the map by putting characters in front of the cracks on the right and left sides of the map. The terrors can't open the doors, and they can't attack from a distance. This means that you don't have to worry about what the enemy is doing on its turn, and you won't be overrun. You can have your distance hitters pick them off from across the pit if you want, while having your others focus on the ones that spawn on the right and left sides. You can also block off the spawn points, which is useful if you only want to focus on one character.

If you don't want six characters dedicated to blocking the cracks, you can do this. Each time a character passes upwards over the cracks, a pillar will raise. The pillars don't raise when crossing downwards, so you can have two characters cross the cracks, which leaves one opening. They can come back down through the opening to safety, and then only one character needs to be sitting in front of the cracks. (Edit: Make sure you don't send someone over a third time, because then a third pillar will rise up, leaving them trapped on the other side! They'd have to come back down through the doors.)

In any case, blocking off the cracks makes farming the map safe, easy, and quick. That's how I advise doing it, as the monsters get very strong after a point.

Thank you A LOT, you really helped me out!

Regarding Mila's Turnwheel usage in combat - What are the conditions to reset the RNG for a battle using Mila's Turnwheel?

Sometimes it seems I can use the Turnwheel to change the battle outcome (so a hit becomes a miss, or I have one of my characters get a needed critical), while other times the RNG does not seem to change at all. The latter case is my current situation where I am in Thabe's Labyrinth and Zeke always seems to suffer from a critical hit.

Edit: Got another question. Is there any way to continue leveling up and gaining stats as Alm and Celica without Statboosters or Overclassing?

I just got Alm to level 20 (I think he is actually 19/20 or something) and noticed he can not gain any more levels. I know there is the Dread Fighter loop for the male characters and I can use Villager Forks to level up all over again, but Alm and Celica can't use the Villager's Fork.

I also like the default outfits for Alm and Celica and would prefer not going into Overclass for them.

Edited by Sire

2 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Aside from the final quest for Alessio, none of the quests expire, right?

His first one expires at the end of Act 2, but I don't know about the second.

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

How does the effective damage work? Doesn't feel like bows and blessed weapons are doing much.

Bows are X2 effectiveness, and everything else I believe is X3 effectiveness. Blessed weapons, Ridersbane, Armorcrush, etc.

Well, the base damage on the likes of Iron Bows is so bad, that it's pretty hard to tell the difference between 2x and 3x effectiveness unless you math it out.  oh no +2 or +4 damage what will I do (shades of FE9 Wind here).

Anyway, I have a question myself: how does the Hit formula work in FE Echoes?  I see that there isn't a Calculations page up yet on Serenes, but I'm not sure how much the base Weapon hit is affected by Skill / enemy speed & luck, if at all.  Is it always just base hit + support bonuses or the like?  And is it using FE Fates style hit (roll 1.33 dice and take the average), or FE6-13 style hit (roll twice and take the average)?

Is it true that maps get harder the more progress you make between the two armies? I'm in Act 4 and blasted through the first half of Celica's route, which was strangely easy. But now I'm getting started on Alm's side and the enemies feel almost artificially scaled up. Am I imagining things?

17 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Is it true that maps get harder the more progress you make between the two armies? I'm in Act 4 and blasted through the first half of Celica's route, which was strangely easy. But now I'm getting started on Alm's side and the enemies feel almost artificially scaled up. Am I imagining things?

No, Alm just faces stronger enemies I think. Celica's route is more about throwing droves and droves of terrors at you forever and those need to be weaker by design. Also a lot of mages, so many of them are frail and kinda weak compared to all the armors and cavaliers you fight as alm.

At which rate would you get gold coins in the grinding DLC? I am currently trying to get cash using the Dagon Filet method. And while I earn infinitely more silver coins then any other method I can think of, at a conversion rate of 500 to 1 getting Gold Coins that way would still be one hell of a slog.

17 hours ago, Korath88 said:

I actually managed to get Jedah's dracoshield by giving Mae a mage ring and having her chip Jedah safely with Aura, after attacking him with 3 other units (Leon and 2 dread fighters). I ended up killing him faster than expected due to a crit, but even without it he would have died before escaping.

Oh, duh, completely forgot the Mage Ring. Thanks!

Meanwhile, remembered another one I was curious about.

Anyone know if the Whitewings lose Triangle Attack if they're not in a Flyer Class? I wanted to Pitchfork them all and try them out in different Classes, but not at the expense of such a fun Skill.

I'm just curious. If I don't recruit someone, does the ending still treat them like they died, or does it go as if it survived? 

I mean, say for instance I don't recruit Mathilda for w/e reason... does Clive get his normal ending or her death ending?